Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

The H-bomb. Did it work or not?

  • Avatar of cindycee

    cindycee

    [61]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 07/28/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 533
    you do know LOST is fiction right? lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [62]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    cindycee wrote:
    you do know LOST is fiction right? lol
    Your point? Just because Lost is fiction doesn't mean they don't have rules governing the limits of what an individual can do in the story. So because Jack is human we don't see him flying around on a whim and using heat vision to destroy his enemies..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ajokurvanyad

    ajokurvanyad

    [63]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 05/25/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 167

    cindycee wrote:
    you do know LOST is fiction right? lol


    ))dude your on this thread to))

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cindycee

    cindycee

    [64]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 07/28/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 533
    ajokurvanyad wrote:

    cindycee wrote:
    you do know LOST is fiction right? lol


    ))dude your on this thread to))



    i know lol. but he/she said that "No not parallel, you can't create one like that as you'd be basically making a copy and only omnipotent and nigh-omnipotent(like the Phoenix of the White Crown, Living Tribunal, The Presence,etc) characters in fiction can do that."

    and he/she is setting out the rules like they are real rules, and giving us examples of who can break the rules, when there is really no such thing as time travel in the first place, so i thought i better check lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [65]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    cindycee wrote:
    characters in fiction can do that."

    and he/she is setting out the rules like they are real rules, and giving us examples of who can break the rules, when there is really no such thing as time travel in the first place, so i thought i better check lol.

    Uhh... I did say "characters in fiction can do that."
    Just like characters in Lost can become Smoke...
    Edited on 05/28/2010 12:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kevnay777

    Kevnay777

    [66]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 05/05/10
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 310

    @cindycee


    Just because something is fiction or doesn't exist doesn't mean their aren't any rules. Some scientists are actually thinking about making time travel a reality but first they need to understand all the rules.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kidcapri73

    kidcapri73

    [67]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 02/21/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 58
    Kevnay777 wrote:

    @cindycee


    Just because something is fiction or doesn't exist doesn't mean their aren't any rules. Some scientists are actually thinking about making time travel a reality but first they need to understand all the rules.



    Rule 1. Find a DeLorean

    Rule 2. Create a flux capacitator

    Rule 3. Tap into a 7 jigawatts (or whatever it was) of electricity.

    Rule 4. Make sure you're appropriately dressed and familiar with the lingo of the era you will be traveling to.

    Rule 5. Stay away from your mother, no matter how hot she looks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ajokurvanyad

    ajokurvanyad

    [68]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 05/25/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 167

    cindycee wrote:
    ajokurvanyad wrote:


    cindycee wrote:
    you do know LOST is fiction right? lol


    ))dude your on this thread to))


    i know lol. but he/she said that "No not parallel, you can't create one like that as you'd be basically making a copy and only omnipotent and nigh-omnipotent(like the Phoenix of the White Crown, Living Tribunal, The Presence,etc) characters in fiction can do that." and he/she is setting out the rules like they are real rules, and giving us examples of who can break the rules, when there is really no such thing as time travel in the first place, so i thought i better check lol.


    that was just a reference to other storys adressing the topic and time travel is theoraticaly quite possible.by theoraticaly i don't mean the kind of theories thrown around here but the kind where the math and what's been observed ads up.the main ingridient is a celestial body with great gravity(preferebly black hole).check up on the clocks in satelites operating gps systems orbiting around our planet and how they need to be adjusted i don't remember this part exactly but i think every 24 hours(?).......oh and this time travel is only possible in one direction,forward.i think there's one black theoretical physicist who set up a site for donation for his research on time travel backwards but most of the other physicists don't believe it's possible(i guess because of the paradoxes)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kevnay777

    Kevnay777

    [69]May 28, 2010
    • member since: 05/05/10
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 310

    kidcapri73 wrote:
    Kevnay777 wrote:


    @cindycee


    Just because something is fiction or doesn't exist doesn't mean their aren't any rules. Some scientists are actually thinking about making time travel a reality but first they need to understand all the rules.


    Rule 1. Find a DeLorean Rule 2. Create a flux capacitator Rule 3. Tap into a 7 jigawatts (or whatever it was) of electricity. Rule 4. Make sure you're appropriately dressed and familiar with the lingo of the era you will be traveling to. Rule 5. Stay away from your mother, no matter how hot she looks.


    Lol at #5 reminds me of Futurama

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cindycee

    cindycee

    [70]May 29, 2010
    • member since: 07/28/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 533
    kidcapri73 wrote:
    Kevnay777 wrote:

    @cindycee


    Just because something is fiction or doesn't exist doesn't mean their aren't any rules. Some scientists are actually thinking about making time travel a reality but first they need to understand all the rules.



    Rule 1. Find a DeLorean

    Rule 2. Create a flux capacitator

    Rule 3. Tap into a 7 jigawatts (or whatever it was) of electricity.

    Rule 4. Make sure you're appropriately dressed and familiar with the lingo of the era you will be traveling to.

    Rule 5. Stay away from your mother, no matter how hot she looks.


    lmao, thanks for the tip!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.