Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

The Island in the Flash-Sideways!! (Finale Spoilers!!)

bigoverpac666

[1]May 26, 2010
    • level: 5

Alright so did I miss something or did they NOT explain the Island being at the BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN in the Flash-Sideways?

I mean, did the Island eventually sink AFTER Hurley took over as the leader? Or did Darlton just show us the Island being underwater to mess with our heads? :O

Can someone PLEASE help me with this?!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OOsteb

[2]May 26, 2010

They messed with our heads for a while now. :-> AFTER seeing the ending I think maybe we were watching the Un-sunk Island from over clouds which made it looked like it was under water? Nah, but that's all I can think of 'cause they changed their minds about what it suggested it was supposed to be !!!

bigoverpac666

[4]May 26, 2010

OOsteb wrote:

They messed with our heads for a while now. :-> AFTER seeing the ending I think maybe we were watching the Un-sunk Island from over clouds which made it looked like it was under water? Nah, but that's all I can think of 'cause they changed their minds about what it suggested it was supposed to be !!!

AHHH! I can't stand NOT KNOWING! >_< I'm just gonna assume the Island sunk AFTERWARDS :)

kidcapri73

[5]May 26, 2010
    • level: 3

bigoverpac666 wrote:

Alright so did I miss something or did they NOT explain the Island being at the BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN in the Flash-Sideways?

I mean, did the Island eventually sink AFTER Hurley took over as the leader? Or did Darlton just show us the Island being underwater to mess with our heads? :O

Can someone PLEASE help me with this?!

The island was never really at the bottom of the ocean. The image we saw of the island underneath the water was all part of the afterlife world. None of the people on the plane consciously knew anything about the island. Of course, we find out they're all dead and for the time being have no memory of any of the events on the island, therefore life on the island and everything associated with it is deep within their subconscious, hence the image of the sunken island. Later, their memories are triggered and they not only realize their history, they also realize they are dead and it's not all that bad! They're back with the ones they love and surrounded by all the people that made their life important and worth living while on the island. For all of them, whether they realized it or not, their life on the island was where they truly understood the importance of life and how to relate to others, for better or worse. The paralyzed can walk, cancer is cured, food is abundant, learn to "live together". After realization of their deaths, the island didn't really matter anymore. As far as they were concerned it was time to move on. The island was buried along with rivalries, jealousies and anything else that might keep them from progressing to the next stage of existence.

Lunatikatt

[6]May 26, 2010
    • level: 8
    i like that kidcapri73
    the island was not sunk in the "real life" it was sunk in their subconscious!! like it like it!