Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

The Last Plane Home

brian_o_cuinn

[1]May 25, 2010
    • level: 11

What do you think happened with the Agira flight that Sawyer, Kate, Richard, Clare, Miles and Lapidas take to get home?

I know it's not that important and was only needed to work for the finale but can you imagine opening the newspaper and seeing that three people who survived one plane crash, amazingly survived a second one. And how would they answer questions? The plane is still intact so they would have had to land somewhere. Also as far as the world knows, Sawyer never survived the first plane crash since he wasn't an Oceanic 6 member, so how would they possibly explain his re-appearance?

I know these questions are sort of pointless but as soon as the second plane crashed, I assumed no one would return home because it would be just too unbelievable. Then again, it is Lost.....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shan73

[2]May 25, 2010
    • level: 5
    And Claire!
    She was not the O6 as well...
    I keep thinking what happened to the bomb that Flocke or Widmore set up in the plane??

aidorrocks

[3]May 25, 2010
    • level: 10
    shan73 wrote:
    And Claire!
    She was not the O6 as well...
    I keep thinking what happened to the bomb that Flocke or Widmore set up in the plane??

widmore set it up. smokey took it & used it to try & blow up the candidates on the sub.

Lunatikatt

[4]May 25, 2010
    • level: 8
    yeah ive been thinking this too hehehe

did the press realize it? where did lapidus land the plane?? did they have enough gas? did Kate still have her house? Was she being chased by the marshall? Did Kate and Claire live together? at this point i think its ok to ask all this questions just for fun... as i mentioned in another post this is the point of LOST and what we always loved to do... ask more and more questions that will not be answered.

Did Sawyer and Kate have any kind of relationship?

We will always wonder I guess...

Lunatikatt

[5]May 25, 2010
    • level: 8
    oh and Richard!!

One of my favorite thoughts was that after whoknowshowmany years of him being on the Island...
    he got off!!!! I hope he had a long life yet ahead of him... although he couldve aged very quickly too...
    Ok... now i thought he was already off the island sometimes and civilization is not as big a deal for him right? but now he had a choice to stay in the city! I wonder if he bought a ranch and lived close to nature jejeje

anthem47

[6]May 25, 2010
    • level: 6

On top of that, I was so caught up in the finale it took Lostpedia to remind me that Miles still had Nikki and Paulo's diamonds, hehe. I'm so glad he survived, he had a great presence on the show. And possibly the most successful addition to the main cast after Desmond? Hmm...oh and Juliet. And Ben. Well, he still ranks pretty high. =P

Deadeye402

[7]May 25, 2010
    anthem47 wrote:

On top of that, I was so caught up in the finale it took Lostpedia to remind me that Miles still had Nikki and Paulo's diamonds, hehe. I'm so glad he survived, he had a great presence on the show. And possibly the most successful addition to the main cast after Desmond? Hmm...oh and Juliet. And Ben. Well, he still ranks pretty high. =P

And Faraday!

shan73

[8]May 25, 2010

anthem47 wrote:

shan73

[9]May 25, 2010
    If Miles had the diamond...well...he would have to explain where he got it from!!

steffi_totti

[10]May 25, 2010
    • level: 9
    Richard - scouted by an agent to be the new face of Maybelline (sorry, this just doesn't get old )

I saw the Q&A video with Nestor where he said Ken told him he would probably take care of Richard. After the gray hair scene, I could definitely see them being friends or more off island...

Btw, are they going to release some sort of LOST encyclopedia down the road? It would help shed light to the lives of Ajira 6.

BonnieWinslow

[11]May 25, 2010
    • level: 3
    I've also asked myself those same questions about the Agira flight. I've never read any fan fiction for any show but, boy, would I love to read one now. There must be some clever and imaginative writers who can fill in all the blanks and create a satisfying ending which The End unfortunately for so many people was not.

fish7474

[12]May 25, 2010
    • level: 4
    What about this...

Richard had been off the island several times (to see John Locke born and to try and recruit him, to recruit Juliet, and probably for other things as well). Maybe he contacted his people in Portland and they were able to obtain fake passports to get the passengers through customs. If they could also make up a flight plan, who's to say that anyone would have to know that the plane was the original Aljira flight? Maybe the company in Portland has their own private air strip, so no one would even need to know the flight existed?

Awww to hell with it. They probably only had enough fuel to get to Guam anyway. :-(

KingofIPirates

[13]May 25, 2010
    • level: 32
    fish7474 wrote:
    who's to say that anyone would have to know that the plane was the original Aljira flight?
    There would've been news coverage that the Ajira flight was missing much like what occured with the Oceanic.

anthem47

[14]May 25, 2010
    • level: 6

fish7474 wrote:
    What about this... Richard had been off the island several times (to see John Locke born and to try and recruit him, to recruit Juliet, and probably for other things as well). Maybe he contacted his people in Portland and they were able to obtain fake passports to get the passengers through customs. If they could also make up a flight plan, who's to say that anyone would have to know that the plane was the original Aljira flight? Maybe the company in Portland has their own private air strip, so no one would even need to know the flight existed? Awww to hell with it. They probably only had enough fuel to get to Guam anyway. :-(

=O This is a really good point. I keep imagining the survivors being completely alone, possibly reinventing themselves, but having no money...but the Others must still have considerable off-island resources with Mittelos Bioscience. Richard could sort things out for them pretty nicely I would think.

fish7474

[15]May 25, 2010
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    fish7474 wrote:
    who's to say that anyone would have to know that the plane was the original Aljira flight?
    There would've been news coverage that the Ajira flight was missing much like what occured with the Oceanic.

Obviously there would be if you're writing the story.

KingofIPirates

[16]May 25, 2010
    • level: 32
    fish7474 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    fish7474 wrote:

I'm sorry, A plane went missing presumably crashed and that wouldn't make the news?? Are you serious? So what the Oceanic news coverage was an apparition then.

buildam2005

[17]May 25, 2010
    • level: 14
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    fish7474 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    fish7474 wrote:

I'm sorry, A plane went missing presumably crashed and that wouldn't make the news?? Are you serious? So what the Oceanic news coverage was an apparition then.

Yeah, even for a show as "otherworldly" (we'll say) as Lost, there's no way a missing flight wouldn't get on the news, and then when a plane that looks suspiciously like the one that disappeared pops up somewhere, I'm sure someone would be interested in that. Just realistically speaking.

OOsteb

[18]May 25, 2010

Maybe the duct tape failed and they ditched the plane, now the head lines are Raft floating in ocean found with survivors... hey is that you again Kate ?

I was waiting for the Plane to blow in half right after Jack closed his eyes.

brian_o_cuinn

[19]May 26, 2010
    OOsteb wrote:

Maybe the duct tape failed and they ditched the plane, now the head lines are Raft floating in ocean found with survivors... hey is that you again Kate ?

I was waiting for the Plane to blow in half right after Jack closed his eyes.

Bahahaha, that last bit would have been an amazing ending!

fish7474

[20]May 26, 2010
    buildam2005 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    fish7474 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    fish7474 wrote:

Yeah, even for a show as "otherworldly" (we'll say) as Lost, there's no way a missing flight wouldn't get on the news, and then when a plane that looks suspiciously like the one that disappeared pops up somewhere, I'm sure someone would be interested in that. Just realistically speaking.

Fine, so there's no place in the world that plane could land where the entire press corps of the world wouldn't descend upon it asking a million freaking questions. Okay, fine. I wasn't talking about landing it at LAX, but whatever. I guess the damn thing actually crashed, and they all died and moved to the flash-sideways (except for Richard, Miles and Frank, of course). Nice. It was just a thought anyway.