Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

The only important question

agibaer

[1]May 25, 2010
    • level: 6

Nevermind all the questions that are left unanswered. There is only ONE question that should have been answered, since it's the question in every single episode of every single season:

WHAT IS THE ISLAND?

Without that the whole series is useless.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fish7474

[2]May 26, 2010
    • level: 4
    Well, if the light was 'the heart of the island,' and 'if it goes out here, it goes out everywhere,' you could theorize that the island is the source of all life on earth. That might seem like ridiculous notion, but when the light went out, the island began to fall into the ocean. Also, characters on the show said that if MIB left the island, everything we know would cease to be. MIB could only leave if the light went out. I don't know, it's just a theory.

If the writers answered that question though, don't you think that would have been saying too much? I mean, it didn't seem like Jacob even knew the answer to that question, and our Losties surely didn't know the answer. Who could have answered that question? How could they have answered that question?

shan73

[3]May 26, 2010
    • level: 5
    The island is a cork!!!
    A cork to what?? I don't know!!!!hehehe

cowboy2831

[4]May 26, 2010
    • level: 16

I thought the most important question was why did Hurley never lose any weight? (can't take credit for that one, read it on here somewhere)

RIK1970

[5]May 26, 2010

A very moving and spiritual ending. Great to see the original cast back together again. I still think Jack was the man though, complex but ultimately flawed...like us all. His death scene was sad but he understood what he was about in the end. Ultimately, we all would like to pass on to the other side enlightened as to what it was all about and Jack did so. Thank you LOT for a helter skelter ride, with a great cast and production. I will watch re-runs always. Best of luck to all you beautiful people.

motleylil

[6]May 26, 2010
    • level: 19

It's been said more than enough times, but, did we really need to know what the force is?

KingofIPirates

[7]May 26, 2010
    • level: 32
    motleylil wrote:
    It's been said more than enough times,
    When?
    motleylil wrote:

but, did we really need to know what the force is?
    We need to know the rules governing the energy.

Lunatikatt

[8]May 26, 2010
    • level: 8
    i think now the question would be who corked the islands core and how and why? hahaha but theres no use.

porky826

[9]May 26, 2010
    The island is an island.

It's a very special island. I think of it as a light bulb. The world is a lamp and a lamp can only work with a light bulb. If the light bulb goes out, the lamp doesn't work. The island is the world's light bulb so to speak. That's why with it under water in the after life, that tells us that this ALT world isn't reality. This is a limbo or a not now like Christian says. If there is no lamp or reality, or world, there is no need for a light bulb.

If I were Jacob, that's what I would've said. He used cork and wine bottle.

ajokurvanyad

[10]May 26, 2010

porky826 wrote:
    The island is an island. It's a very special island. I think of it as a light bulb. The world is a lamp and a lamp can only work with a light bulb. If the light bulb goes out, the lamp doesn't work. The island is the world's light bulb so to speak. That's why with it under water in the after life, that tells us that this ALT world isn't reality. This is a limbo or a not now like Christian says. If there is no lamp or reality, or world, there is no need for a light bulb. If I were Jacob, that's what I would've said. He used cork and wine bottle.

and you know that would be a great explanation.....in the 1400's.now it wouldn't even go for a good bedtime story....although i was reading it in a very calm,grandma-ish voice.could you record yourself reading this cuz i have trouble sleeping

OOsteb

[11]May 26, 2010

motleylil wrote:

It's been said more than enough times, but, did we really need to know what the force is?

KingofIPirates wrote:
    When?.

Are we talking Lost or Star Wars ? Laughing

motleylil

[12]May 26, 2010
    • level: 19

KingofIPirates wrote:
    motleylil wrote:
    It's been said more than enough times,
    When?
    motleylil wrote:
    but, did we really need to know what the force is?
    We need to know the rules governing the energy.

Well, I didn't. I was perfectly alright with just going with the fact that Luke had magical powers. Then they had to come up and explain (quite ridiculously, I think) that it was cause by tiny cells in his blood. I would have preferred if they had just let it be some Harry Potter style magic powers. But, of course, that's just my opinion. I do expect you to disagree with this.

Edited on 05/26/2010 9:22pm