Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

where have i seen this ending before?...

ajokurvanyad

[1]May 26, 2010
    • level: 4

basicaly the everybody meeting up in white heaven ending,write down where you've it before.let's see how long we can go back with this type of ending

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

motleylil

[2]May 28, 2010
    • level: 19

Why don't you whip out an ending nobody has thought of before you.

ajokurvanyad

[3]May 28, 2010

they're all.....hmmm.....this is hard.....in jurassic park i'm not a screenwriter!i'm the audiance.i can call BS when it's thrown in my face.i call BS

motleylil

[4]May 28, 2010

You are, indeed, not a screenwriter, but you just make it sound so easy to write an ending. All I'm saying is, don't pretend to be better than they are unless you can do better than them.

steffi_totti

[5]May 28, 2010
    • level: 9
    motleylil wrote:

You are, indeed, not a screenwriter, but you just make it sound so easy to write an ending. All I'm saying is, don't pretend to be better than they are unless you can do better than them.

This. I would say that even the premise of LOST itself is not new and it never pretends to not be influenced by others. Mythologies, concepts and names were borrowed from every source possible. The only thing unique (at least for me) are the character arcs and how the writers tell their stories.

On another forum, some people suggested to have the ending set at LAX rather than the church - that, I can appreciate and get on board with. I even mentioned that they could have Jack there to collect his father's coffin and the ending would make better sense. But I honestly don't like the endings suggested by the people on this board. To me, they are neither fresh nor more interesting ideas themselves but different strokes for different folks. Naturally the posters think theirs are much better. I don't get why they discount others' opinion as stupid or whatever - both pro and con opinion have merits and we can agree to disagree.

To answer the OP though, Passengers comes into mind - very different yet somehow similar.

SnarkBC

[6]May 29, 2010
    • level: 8

You've seen this ending before from multiple places. Probably the most direct influence is the wonderful film "Jacobs Ladder."

ajokurvanyad

[7]May 29, 2010

motleylil wrote:

you know what,i am better than they are.i can see and admit everytyime i screw something up.if the producers game is deception than they did a great job,if it's making a great show than they screwed up the last season.this last season is a huge game changer in terms of how the show attempts to aproach the mystery.

motleylil

[8]May 29, 2010

ajokurvanyad wrote:

motleylil wrote:

you know what,i am better than they are.i can see and admit everytyime i screw something up.if the producers game is deception than they did a great job,if it's making a great show than they screwed up the last season.this last season is a huge game changer in terms of how the show attempts to aproach the mystery.

I don't mean to be unnecessarily rude here, but, honestly, if you think you're better than them only because you thought you got screwed by the ending of a TV show, then I don't think I need to waste anymore time reading whatever you have to say.

Get a life.

SnarkBC

[9]May 29, 2010
    • level: 8

Oh! Saint Elsewhere. That ending was exactly the same.

ajokurvanyad

[10]May 30, 2010

looked that one up.'82,that's a while back

ajokurvanyad

[11]May 30, 2010

motleylil wrote:

I don't mean to be unnecessarily rude here, but, honestly, if you think you're better than them only because you thought you got screwed by the ending of a TV show, then I don't think I need to waste anymore time reading whatever you have to say.

Get a life.

lol,we should seriously start a thread