Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Who's the 'mysterious figure' that we saw in the cabin before?

Azrael55

[1]May 24, 2010
    • level: 2

One question I was really curious about was the mysterious person who was in jacobs so called cabin. Before during Ilana's visit, she informed Bram that Jacob was not there, that he had not been at the cabin in a long time and that someone else was using it. However, during Hurley's visit we saw him with Christian, so smokey was Christian, who was that other guy? For sure he isn't Jacob either. For those who have no idea whom I'm talking about, look here.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_Figure

Edited on 05/24/2010 8:03am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marknmo

[2]May 24, 2010
    • level: 12
    When Ilana said that someone else was using it, I always assumed it was Rose & Bernard. They found a picture of a dog that looked like Vincent inside, so I thought that one of those two had painted it, since they were taking care of him. Also, when they showed Rose & Bernard's place, I thought it looked an awful lot like Jacob's Cabin with some modifications made to it by Bernard.

fish7474

[3]May 24, 2010
    • level: 4
    marknmo wrote:
    When Ilana said that someone else was using it, I always assumed it was Rose & Bernard. They found a picture of a dog that looked like Vincent inside, so I thought that one of those two had painted it, since they were taking care of him. Also, when they showed Rose & Bernard's place, I thought it looked an awful lot like Jacob's Cabin with some modifications made to it by Bernard.

That's what I thought, too. But Bernard did tell Kate, Sawyer & Juliet that they 'built' the place, so maybe not. It was likely MIB, because he made himself known to Locke, whom he was manipulating the whole time. I guess someone trapped him in there and put the ash around the cabin to keep him there. When someone broke the ring of ash, he was able to leave. Maybe that happened when Hugo found the cabin and he tripped and fell.

Azrael55

[4]May 24, 2010
    It can't be Bernard and Rose because its a new cabin entirely, and that dog picture is not vincent, its the creators dog or something like that. Anyways it cant be MIB either cause he was roaming around since day one.

HolyPenguin

[5]May 24, 2010
    • level: 12
    You have the answer in your link: "Prop manager Rob Kyker played the role of the mysterious figure". It's Rob Kyker.
    There is no point in further speculations, as it's obvious the writers themselves have no idea who this figure is. You can't get any reasonable answer to who is both invisible and has telekinesis, and ask help from Locke which was never referred to again.

KingofIPirates

[6]May 24, 2010
    • level: 32
    HolyPenguin wrote:
    You have the answer in your link: "Prop manager Rob Kyker played the role of the mysterious figure". It's Rob Kyker.
    There is no point in further speculations, as it's obvious the writers themselves have no idea who this figure is. You can't get any reasonable answer to who is both invisible and has telekinesis, and ask help from Locke which was never referred to again.
    Indeed, just another plot device to keep the show mysterious.

Lunatikatt

[7]May 24, 2010
    • level: 8
    im thinking it was MIB beginning to smoke his way for getting into lockes bones.

Megaman200798

[8]May 24, 2010
    • level: 13
    That was a mystery they never intended to answer.

SVU_number_1fan

[9]May 24, 2010
    • level: 17
    Megaman200798 wrote:
    ahah good one but i think its that guy with the fake beard forgot his name the one that kindapped Walt but i thought it might have been Christian

ImNotDarioUAre

[10]May 24, 2010
    • level: 11
    SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    Megaman200798 wrote:
    ahah good one but i think its that guy with the fake beard forgot his name the one that kindapped Walt but i thought it might have been Christian

It can't be him because he's just a normal guy. The best choice is Christian but we've never known him to be able to go invisible.

Megaman200798

[11]May 24, 2010
    • level: 13

SVU_number_1fan wrote:
    Megaman200798 wrote:

Probably just a bum they got off the street. Kidding. On a serious note, it did look like Christian.

porky826

[12]May 25, 2010
    Azrael55 wrote:

One question I was really curious about was the mysterious person who was in jacobs so called cabin. Before during Ilana's visit, she informed Bram that Jacob was not there, that he had not been at the cabin in a long time and that someone else was using it. However, during Hurley's visit we saw him with Christian, so smokey was Christian, who was that other guy? For sure he isn't Jacob either. For those who have no idea whom I'm talking about, look here.

We never saw Jacob until The Incident. Illana was referring to the Man in Black. He was the person in the Cabin. When Hurley runs up and sees someone's eye in the cabin, it's actually the eye of the actor who plays Christian. The help me line is actually the voice of the actor who plays Christian and was dubbed in before the episode I guess. There is a video on the net where some reporter got inside info from ABC executives and revealed this too her. I think it's like e online or something.

nathan69

[13]May 26, 2010
    • level: 3

porky826 wrote:
    Azrael55 wrote:

We never saw Jacob until The Incident. Illana was referring to the Man in Black. He was the person in the Cabin. When Hurley runs up and sees someone's eye in the cabin, it's actually the eye of the actor who plays Christian. The help me line is actually the voice of the actor who plays Christian and was dubbed in before the episode I guess. There is a video on the net where some reporter got inside info from ABC executives and revealed this too her. I think it's like e online or something.

erm if you all actually bother to look at the link above it doesn't look a bit like christian. More like locke if anything

porky826

[14]May 26, 2010
    nathan69 wrote:

porky826 wrote:
    Azrael55 wrote:

erm if you all actually bother to look at the link above it doesn't look a bit like christian. More like locke if anything

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v53991_Unanswered__Lost__Questions.html

Look for the videos with Kristin and unanswered lost questions. 45 seconds in.

buildam2005

[15]May 26, 2010
    • level: 14
    HolyPenguin wrote:

Come on, guys, this is LOST: they're allowed to have characters break any rules and do what they want because they were on a magical island where storytelling rules are made to be broken.

(I swear there was no sarcasm there.)

[I won't swear there was no sarcasm in the above parentheses.]

Torzhestvuyushe

[16]May 26, 2010
    • level: 11
    I think the writers originally intended that to be Jacob, the one who made things fly around the room and said "help me". Then they decided to make Jacob a bigger part of the story and decided that the old "Jacob" didn't fit their new idea of Jacob. In other words, there's no answer to who it is because the writers never decided on who it is.

Azrael55

[17]May 29, 2010
    porky826 wrote:
    nathan69 wrote:

porky826 wrote:
    Azrael55 wrote:

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v53991_Unanswered__Lost__Questions.html

Look for the videos with Kristin and unanswered lost questions. 45 seconds in.

E!Online's Kristin Dos Santos incorrectly stated that this figure was the Man in Black in Christian Shephard's form and that John Terry provided his voice. This is obviously incorrect, as it is a known fact that Carlton Cuse provided the voice. Also, in the interview, Kristin is clearly confused about the episode in question, clearly referring to "The Beginning of the End", instead of "The Man Behind the Curtain". It is already known that ONE of the figures seen by Hurley in "The Beginning of the End" was Christian, while the identity of the second figure, and the figure from "The Man Behind the Curtain" are still unknown.