Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Why all the hate for the ending?

  • Avatar of Dean0Mac

    Dean0Mac

    [21]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 02/10/04
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 213

    Firstly I have to say I'm not 'hating' - I'm still torn in two minds here because I absolutely love the work of "Abracusedelof"; But here's a really quick and simple question...


    What were the promos showing/saying between each and every season finalè and run-up to the new season; throughout the first five (and even sixth) season(s)? Was it things like


    A: "Who will Kate choose, Jack or Sawyer? Will Locke finally find some standing room? Will Charlie and Claire live happy lives with baby Aaron!? Find out on all new LOST!"


    or was it things like...


    B: Who are 'The Others'!? What IS The Island!? Where ARE they (The 'LOSTIES' in other words)!? Who IS Jacob!? Find out on all new LOST!"


    ---


    That right there, will answer the question "Why the hate?"

    Edited on 05/25/2010 9:48am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OOsteb

    OOsteb

    [22]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 03/16/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 297

    I don't hate the ending but.... Why lead me to believe that season 5 ending is connected to season 6 beginning ? I believed the whole season 6 was based on what if the plane never crashed? and Juliet says It Worked. ( bomb explosion). I thought we had 6 seasons of Island surviving ( main story ) and how it would end on the Island, which we did. Okay. Then I thought we would have a season ( half season ) of how their lives would have been IF the plane didn't crash, which they did. Okay. But now I'm confused because thats supposedly not what the Alt life was about? Please don't tell me that it's a place the Losties created to meet to move on after they're all dead. They had no power to do such a thing. Heck I'ld like to create a place to for me and my closest friends and If I created it, why would I leave? I can't die. Eloise and Ben had it right why Leave ?


    I said it once, I'll say it again, It's an amazing story that kept me captivated and willing to buy the series but now... I don't feel the same. It's just another series were I've seen that ending so many times before.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brodoin15

    Brodoin15

    [23]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,478
    SnarkBC wrote:

    Jeez some people are easily confused. Everything. EVERYTHING up until season 6 began, happened. Even in season 6, all of the on island stuff, happened. But all the sideways world stuff in Season 6, that was limbo. Purgatory. Heaven. EVERYTHING except what happened in Limbo, happened.



    Exactly. As I've said before, the flash sidways were really just flashforwards into the afterlife. It may have been decades, perhapes even a hundred years later. (I say hundred because Hurley became the new Jacob, and until he passed it on, he was immortal.)

    What happened on the island all happened. The group in the plane got off the island and lived their lives. Jack died. The rest stayed on the island and Desmond went home to Penny.

    It really isn't hard to understand this. It isn't hard to understand the alt universe either. They died and they needed to remember each other in order to "move on". This is because they all influenced each other in their lives. They were happy with each other, even with all the deaths and dark times they went through.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [24]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    Didn't particularly hate the ending though I didn't really like it either. As said before the ending had very little to do with the previous 5 seasons and not only that but it ultimately made the Flash-Sideways almost pointless as it wasn't real in the first place.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CharliePaceMBE

    CharliePaceMBE

    [25]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 06/02/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 226

    This was a show that created so many mysteries which kept us watching. Most of the important mysteries were revealed. Some were not and i believe they have the right not to. To people who say that they didn't answer the important questions, THEY DID! Of course answering one question will always lead to more questions. No1 can stop that domino effect, not even in reality.


    Let me ask every single one of you this simple question...


    What did you expect when you tuned into the Pilot? Before finding out about the polar bear and smoke monster. You tuned into the show because it was about survivors of a plane crash. The ending completed the journey of the survivors. Why end the show with What makes the island special? When it doesn't start with that question. So please if you didn't like the ending don't criticise the writers brilliance and say you could do better. Accept that you picked the wrong parts of the show to focus on rather than the whole show. I bet most people watched the finale for answers and not what happens to the losties.


    To the writers i applaud you for doing the best anyone could do. I apologise to those naive people who disagree with me.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Guildy

    Guildy

    [26]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/28/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 211

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:


    This was a show that created so many mysteries which kept us watching. Most of the important mysteries were revealed. Some were not and i believe they have the right not to. To people who say that they didn't answer the important questions, THEY DID! Of course answering one question will always lead to more questions. No1 can stop that domino effect, not even in reality.


    Let me ask every single one of you this simple question...


    What did you expect when you tuned into the Pilot? Before finding out about the polar bear and smoke monster. You tuned into the show because it was about survivors of a plane crash. The ending completed the journey of the survivors. Why end the show with What makes the island special? When it doesn't start with that question. So please if you didn't like the ending don't criticise the writers brilliance and say you could do better. Accept that you picked the wrong parts of the show to focus on rather than the whole show. I bet most people watched the finale for answers and not what happens to the losties.


    To the writers i applaud you for doing the best anyone could do. I apologise to those naive people who disagree with me.




    So... we should judge Lost on what we thought it was going to be about BEFORE we knew anything about it? Ummm... Wut? Seriously? I tuned into the show because it was new, and I stayed tuned in because I found the characters AND the mystery intriguing. But I should just assume it was a serious Gilligan's island remake? Because if you strip all the mystery out of the show, that's exactly what the premise sounds like. To the writers of the first five seasons, I say well done. I pity you for not being able to accept someone disagreeing with you. But I will not apologize, nor will I call you names.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [27]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    Most of the important mysteries were revealed.
    Some not most.
    CharliePaceMBE wrote:

    Some were not and i believe they have the right not to.

    Most were not and just because they have the right to doesn't mean it's the correct decision.

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    To people who say that they didn't answer the important questions, THEY DID!
    So revealing exactly what the island was which is at the center of all the mysteries isn't important now?

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    Of course answering one question will always lead to more questions.
    Only if those answers are vague and open-ended. If they were clear and concise the matter would've been settled.

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    What did you expect when you tuned into the Pilot?
    Meh, an interesting show as I do any other show I watch.

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    Before finding out about the polar bear and smoke monster. You tuned into the show because it was about survivors of a plane crash.
    True though you don't disregard the other devices in your story that made it great.
    And even in the pilot the mysteries took form through the transmission of Rousseau's message.

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    The ending completed the journey of the survivors.
    And left out many glaring gaps in the plot.

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    Why end the show with What makes the island special? When it doesn't start with that question.
    Because the island became the focal point of the show...

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    So please if you didn't like the ending don't criticise the writers brilliance
    So we can't even criticize now?

    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    I bet most people watched the finale for answers and not what happens to the losties.
    I truly wanted both, in fact I wanted both the entire season and your making it seem like it's a pick one or the other situation. Both elements can coexist.
    CharliePaceMBE wrote:
    To the writers i applaud you for doing the best anyone could do. I apologise to those naive people who disagree with me.
    So anyone that disagree's that the show ended Brilliantly is wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Theendfan

    Theendfan

    [28]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/25/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 19

    OK, not everyone has to like the ending, but let me talk about some points. To people that say that the characters are not the most important part of the show, I disagree. For 3 complete seasons (1, 2 and 3) half of each episode were flashbacks were we learned about the life of these people. Same thing can also be said about season 4 flashforwards. Season 5 was a little different but still, the "flashes" were about the characters. Then the last season's flashes were about what happen to this people after the island. Yes the mysteries were part of it and important and I think they answered the most important mysteries but the series was essentially about the characters. Also, the finale basically had 2 endings in one. You had the island ending which i think gives closure to the mysteries. The island was a special place that needed to be protected (as it has been protected for centuries) and the losties did their part in protecting it while they were alive, some of them giving their life. They could have ended it right there but then, what happened to the few characters that survived? After all that happened to them in the island, nothing in life would compare (" the most important part of his life was the time spent with these people") So they went even further, and answer that with the flashsideways. They reunited them with the only way that was true to the series because if "whatever happened happened", they could only find each other again after death.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ajokurvanyad

    ajokurvanyad

    [29]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/25/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 167

    this is how the show will be remembered )))




    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kevnay777

    Kevnay777

    [30]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/05/10
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 310

    brookeishot wrote:


    In the end, with so many characters and questions,the writers had two choices: write a great story and answer a few questionsor spend a season doing nothing but explaining and let the story suck. They clearly went with the first which I'd rather because I care more about people than questions.Everyone was happy in the end and thats fine by me.


    Maybe alot of people don't like it because it was a happy ending and life, for the most part, isn't happy. But, if you believe in some kind of heaven or afterlife, then the fact that they were happy in the endmakes sense.


    I think it has to do with alot of people just not being completely and totally satified, but thats how endings are. On my other favorite show, Supernatural, one of the characters even explained why endings suck. You can't please everyone and there will always be some (alot in this case) of unanswered questions. It is what it is.




    I don't think that the season would have sucked if they explained the mysteries. I do however know what you mean. Of course their not going to have a character stand there and explain a particular mystery. They did that with the whispers and many of us, including myself weren't really satisfied. I believe that they shouldn't have made the alt universe because they had to tell another story. I mean it was their final season for crying out loud, they should have spent it wrapping things up. Now I know it would have been impossible for them to answer every single question but if the major ones would have been answered than it would have been nice. I believe with the writer's intelligence they should have been capable of giving us a more satisfying season. They could have easily spent the season answering some question with good storytelling, which like I said the writers are capable of. And still have that series finale. Now that I had two days to think about it, in my opinion the finale was more disappointing then satisfying.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of fish7474

    fish7474

    [31]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 02/10/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 77

    buildam2005 wrote:


    For me, herein lies the problem: people keep saying it was about the characters. Okay. Let's run with that. What sort of changes did we see in these characters over the course of season six? What sort of interesting insights to who these people are and how these things have affected them were present in this last season? Ben started to get that in "Dr. Linus"--we got some interesting development, particularly when he decided to go with Ilana and not Locke, because the flash-sideways offered some interesting ideas about power and the facade of having power, and how those ideas influenced Ben in the island timeline.


    But what of the others? Jack, okay, I'll sort of buy an argument that not only does he become a "man of faith" but he elevates himself to a self-sacrificing hero who is no longer concerned with escaping the island but becominga part of its structure. But what about Kate? She starts wanting to find Claire and being all whiny, and she ends that way. In what way did the events of season six influence her character or push her journey forward? I could say the same about Sawyer and the Kwons--we get nothing new or interesting; they remain static throughout. And the way their characters are resolved doesn't provide a whole lot of interesting depth to them either.


    So what it comes down to for me is, if you're going to abandon your plot--which, let's be honest, they really did toward the end--and claim that it's all about the characters, make what happens to those characters at least interesting to watch. It seems to me that they were all reduced to plot devices themselves this year, just running around in the jungle to get where they need to move so that the plot can go where it wants.


    If you want to see a show that uses its finale and final season to really take the characters to new places, I will again direct you to Buffy the Vampire Slayer--now THAT show knew how to balance a plot with really giving interesting character insights.



    The story of Season 6 seems to me to only take place over a period of a few days (maybe a week or a little more). How much character development do we need in that short period of time? In that period, Sayid, Ben, Richard, Sawyer and even Hugo changed dramatically. Sawyer went from someone who was ready to "start over" at LAX, to not caring if he lived or died after Juliet's death, to wanting to do anythgin to get off the island. Sayid lost his 'soul' by being the killer that Ben said he was, and he found it again when he knew he had to sacrifice himself on the sub. Ben started S6 feeling as if he had no purpose since he killed Jacob, to finding his purpose by becoming Hugo's #2. Of course, this is all just my take on it.


    I don't think the writers abandoned the plot of the series. If that's your opinion...fine. It's not mine. People are acting like the finale ruined the entire series, and I just think that's ridiculous. Maybe it isn't all about the characters, but it isn't all about the island mysteries either. Like many have said, the two are not mutually exclusive. We couldn't really have one without the other. So maybe some questions remain unanswered. I still view that as the writers trusting their audience as opposed to 'lazy writing' as some have called it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Megaman200798

    Megaman200798

    [32]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 02/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 7,067

    Guildy wrote:
    No, we got the point. Our point is that this ending had very little to do with the first five seasons. As SSA2204 wrote, this season could have been all there was to Lost, and nobody would have noticed. Very likely nowhere near as many people would watch. I personally thought this ending was a very cheap cop-out due to the fact the writers couldn't come up with an ending that made sense of the first five seasons. This was everyone's worst fear throughout the series, and we were all assured that no, they're not dead. Now they add the fine print saying "except for the flash-sideways in season six". To misquote from Obi-Wan, "What they told you was the truth... from a certain point of view". No, they didn't outright lie to us, they told us just enough of the truth to keep us watching. So I think Lost has insulted our intelligence quite enough, we don't need to do it to each other



    Agreed. I'm not saying I don't understand the ending. The ending was wonderful. The way they choose to do it was horrible. Why spend half of season six coming with the fact they're all dead? It's just a dishonor to the fans.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Theendfan

    Theendfan

    [33]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/25/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 19

    Megaman200798 wrote:


    Guildy wrote:
    No, we got the point. Our point is that this ending had very little to do with the first five seasons. As SSA2204 wrote, this season could have been all there was to Lost, and nobody would have noticed. Very likely nowhere near as many people would watch. I personally thought this ending was a very cheap cop-out due to the fact the writers couldn't come up with an ending that made sense of the first five seasons. This was everyone's worst fear throughout the series, and we were all assured that no, they're not dead. Now they add the fine print saying "except for the flash-sideways in season six". To misquote from Obi-Wan, "What they told you was the truth... from a certain point of view". No, they didn't outright lie to us, they told us just enough of the truth to keep us watching. So I think Lost has insulted our intelligence quite enough, we don't need to do it to each other



    Agreed. I'm not saying I don't understand the ending. The ending was wonderful. The way they choose to do it was horrible. Why spend half of season six coming with the fact they're all dead? It's just a dishonor to the fans.



    But is not that they are all dead. Is that eventually they will all die and that is life. It is essentially a flashforward. Thats why we see Hurley and Ben even though they lived many more years. It is a flashforward to when they all finally meet again in the afterlife. Some may not like it, but it is not a cop-out. A cop-out would have been that they erase everything that happen during the series or even change what happened. This only ADDS to the story, adds to what happen after the end when Jack died saving the island, hurley and ben stayed protecting it and the ones in the Ajira plain return to mainland.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Megaman200798

    Megaman200798

    [34]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 02/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 7,067

    Theendfan wrote:


    But is not that they are all dead. Is that eventually they will all die and that is life. It is essentially a flashforward. Thats why we see Hurley and Ben even though they lived many more years. It is a flashforward to when they all finally meet again in the afterlife. Some may not like it, but it is not a cop-out. A cop-out would have been that they erase everything that happen during the series or even change what happened. This only ADDS to the story, adds to what happen after the end when Jack died saving the island, hurley and ben stayed protecting it and the ones in the Ajira plain return to mainland.




    But can't you see. They spent HALF OF A SEASON to explain that they lived happily ever after. I mean thats GREAT but why not just have the final episode doing that instead of thewhole season? They should've explained some of the mysteries.


    The problem with this ending is that they could have had this in any one of the season finales. Why drag us through the muds with all these questions if they came up with this ending?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kevnay777

    Kevnay777

    [35]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/05/10
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 310

    Megaman200798 wrote:


    Theendfan wrote:


    But is not that they are all dead. Is that eventually they will all die and that is life. It is essentially a flashforward. Thats why we see Hurley and Ben even though they lived many more years. It is a flashforward to when they all finally meet again in the afterlife. Some may not like it, but it is not a cop-out. A cop-out would have been that they erase everything that happen during the series or even change what happened. This only ADDS to the story, adds to what happen after the end when Jack died saving the island, hurley and ben stayed protecting it and the ones in the Ajira plain return to mainland.




    But can't you see. They spent HALF OF A SEASON to explain that they lived happily ever after. I mean thats GREAT but why not just have the final episode doing that instead of thewhole season? They should've explained some of the mysteries.


    The problem with this ending is that they could have had this in any one of the season finales. Why drag us through the muds with all these questions if they came up with this ending?




    Exactly like what I was thinking. I felt that they could have used their writing ability to satisfy us by both character ending(the eventual finale and the story of the season) and attempting to answer more questions, and still have the same finale. It wasn't impossible not with that kind of writing ability that the writers have.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Theendfan

    Theendfan

    [36]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/25/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 19
    Megaman200798 wrote:

    Theendfan wrote:


    But is not that they are all dead. Is that eventually they will all die and that is life. It is essentially a flashforward. Thats why we see Hurley and Ben even though they lived many more years. It is a flashforward to when they all finally meet again in the afterlife. Some may not like it, but it is not a cop-out. A cop-out would have been that they erase everything that happen during the series or even change what happened. This only ADDS to the story, adds to what happen after the end when Jack died saving the island, hurley and ben stayed protecting it and the ones in the Ajira plain return to mainland.




    But can't you see. They spent HALF OF A SEASON to explain that they lived happily ever after. I mean thats GREAT but why not just have the final episode doing that instead of thewhole season? They should've explained some of the mysteries.


    The problem with this ending is that they could have had this in any one of the season finales. Why drag us through the muds with all these questions if they came up with this ending?



    Well, I can understand that you don't like the time they spent with the flash-sideways especially if you were expecting more answers. But for me, the answers the gave us were sufficient and by having the story of their afterlife during a whole season, it felt more complete. Again, I understand your point, but I think it was better to use the flashes to show the complete ending instead of only a finale where everyone is at the church without a build up.

    Also why do you think it could have ended this way in any of the season finales? I think that the whole island story ended with elements of prior season. For example, Desmond and his capabilities were essential to kill smokey. The Ajira plain was essential so they could escape. Also the runway that they built by jacob on season 3 was important.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OOsteb

    OOsteb

    [37]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 03/16/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 297

    Theendfan wrote:


    Some may not like it, but it is not a cop-out. A cop-out would have been that they erase everything that happen during the series or even change what happened. This only ADDS to the story, adds to what happen after the end when Jack died saving the island, hurley and ben stayed protecting it and the ones in the Ajira plain return to mainland.


    As far as I'm concerned, they did change the story. Juliet blew up a bomb on the Island under the premise that the plane won't crash and their future selfs would be alive. Well it's funny that, that is exactly how season Six started. Juliet says it worked and then we see 815 landing at LAX (opps, was that the Title or something ?) with everyone on it. Sure had me fooled. I was enjoying seeing how their lives were IF the plane DIDN't crash. Now it is just a " Good " show. Ending was okay for what it was, but it could have been Great !

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Megaman200798

    Megaman200798

    [38]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 02/19/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 7,067

    Theendfan wrote:
    Well, I can understand that you don't like the time they spent with the flash-sideways especially if you were expecting more answers. But for me, the answers the gave us were sufficient and by having the story of their afterlife during a whole season, it felt more complete. Again, I understand your point, but I think it was better to use the flashes to show the complete ending instead of only a finale where everyone is at the church without a build up. Also why do you think it could have ended this way in any of the season finales? I think that the whole island story ended with elements of prior season. For example, Desmond and his capabilities were essential to kill smokey. The Ajira plain was essential so they could escape. Also the runway that they built by jacob on season 3 was important.



    Almost anyone who watches Lost tuned in to get some answers. The mysteries is what drew them in. Its an insult to the viewers that they couldnt try to explain some of the big mysteries as who the original smoke monster was or why Jacob couldnt get off the island. In the end, it seemed like they rushed through to give us a scrappy finale. Jacob choose the candidates because they were flawed? Everyone is flawed. A bum of the street is flawed. I'm not complaining though. Atleast they attempted to give an explanation for that.


    We got a big screw you when they ignored the past six seasons and gave us a happy ending that spanned an entire season. They could have spent less than 2 episodes to explain THAT ending.

    Edited on 05/25/2010 2:45pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Torzhestvuyushe

    Torzhestvuyushe

    [39]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 09/11/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 66

    Megaman200798 wrote:


    Almost anyone who watches Lost tuned in to get some answers. The mysteries is what drew them in. Its an insult to the viewers that they couldnt try to explain some of the big mysteries as who the original smoke monster was or why Jacob couldnt get off the island. In the end, it seemed like they rushed through to give us a scrappy finale. Jacob choose the candidates because they were flawed? Everyone is flawed. A bum of the street is flawed. I'm not complaining though. Atleast they attempted to give an explanation for that.


    We got a big screw you when they ignored the past six seasons and gave us a happy ending that spanned an entire season. They could have spent less than 2 episodes to explain THAT ending.



    I pretty much agree. In my mind, the finale was more of a fine for Season 6 than it was for the entire show.


    Also, I'm finding this attitude that if you didn't like the finale, you "just don't understand" to be really annoying. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Just because a person doesn't think the finale was absolutely 100% flawless and perfect, doesn't mean they "hate" it and it doesn't mean they "don't understand". Get over it.

    Edited on 05/25/2010 2:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Theendfan

    Theendfan

    [40]May 25, 2010
    • member since: 05/25/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 19

    Almost anyone who watches Lost tuned in to get some answers. The mysteries is what drew them in. Its an insult to the viewers that they couldnt try to explain some of the big mysteries as who the original smoke monster was or why Jacob couldnt get off the island. In the end, it seemed like they rushed through to give us a scrappy finale. Jacob choose the candidates because they were flawed? Everyone is flawed. A bum of the street is flawed. I'm not complaining though. Atleast they attempted to give an explanation for that.


    We got a big screw you when they ignored the past six seasons and gave us a happy ending (because this was expected!)

    [/QUOTE]

    OK, so what you basically don't like about the ending was the lack of answers, not the "happy ending". I know they didn't answer many questions but (and I'm honestly asking) what unanswered question prevents us from understanding the overall story? I thinks we can understand the whole story and that for me is what is important. The difference is that I think (even before the writers said it) that every questions leads to another question so the choose to stay with the characters and give them a definite ending.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.