Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Why Do Finale-Lovers Find It So Easy To Believe??!!

ajokurvanyad

[61]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 4

XXXBox wrote:
    ajokurvanyad wrote:
    how dumb are you people?lol
    This is your response to Time Magazines football issue, lol. And your calling other people dumb. Wow if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I dont know what is. There is really no point addressing your other points. Its clear now that your either 12 years old or 30 and still living in moms basement. "How dumb are you people" You must be kidding me, lol.

so you don't see how time adressing an issue that is obvious doesn't really count as a journalistic high.you need a magazine telling you that a sport based on brute force is going f you up physically?

you also said entertainment news are big news to americans because of the obsession with media and media figures.you do not find that stupid at all?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XXXBox

[62]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 2

ajokurvanyad wrote:
    so you don't see how time adressing an issue that is obvious doesn't really count as a journalistic high.you need a magazine telling you that a sport based on brute force is going f you up physically?

Absolutely Not. In fact it was one of the best articles I had read in a very long time and I read a CRAPLOAD of magazines. Trying to suggest that this isn't newsworthy is nothing short of comical especially considering the HUGE number of people playing the sport, the vast majority of which are kids. While its obvious that playing football is going to cause people injuries, the point of that article went WELL BEYOND the common knowledge and common injuries that people usually associate with football. In particular the brain damage that occurs, which by the way FAR FAR worse than previously thought. They did autopsies on dead football players and they found extensive brain damage. In fact the entire brain is a completely different color due to the damage. The bottom line is that any activity that effects the health of 5 million kids below the age of 18 IS NEWSWORTHY especially when the damage being done is irreversible. Suggesting otherwise is nothing short of ridiculous.

Here is an idea, Try actually reading something before trying to pass critical judgment on it. Until you do read it anything you say is completely without merit. And again trying to suggest that this isn't newsworthy is nothing short of comical. In fact its hands down the stupidest statement I have heard in a very long time and considering the vast number of idiotic comments one sees daily on the net, well that is really saying something.

:
    you also said entertainment news are big news to Americans because of the obsession with media and media figures.you do not find that stupid at all?

I actually find this incredibly stupid. Americans care more about what Brittany Spears or Paris Hilton is doing than they do the Gulf Oil spill or the war in Iraq. My wife and I are actually moving to Costa Rica in 2012 and one of the main reasons is because American Society is so screwed up and the American government is so corrupt that we no longer want anything more to do with it. With that being said my opinion doesn't determine what is or isn't newsworthy. The fact that 100 million Americans want to know what Paris Hilton is doing makes her actions newsworthy regardless of what you and I think about it. I could give a rats behind what she does with her life but again my opinion doesn't dictate what is or isn't newsworthy. If 100 million Americans find something interesting, then it is newsworthy regardless of just how stupid it may appear to other people.

Edited on 06/13/2010 9:26am

ajokurvanyad

[63]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 4

@xxx

my point with the football issue wasn't that it's not newsworthy because yeah it's your national sport.my point was that althoguh it may have been a well written article with information that may have not been released in other media prints or shows,the basic subject of the article isn't something you didn't already know.not really groundbraking.it's something all of those people chose to do knowing well it would affect their health.it's somewhat of a subject on,not gonna say stupidity,but carelesness...that's just my opinion.it can't be compared to subjects where you really get serious information that may affect your everyday life,like for example politics,or business news.information that you may not be able to get from anywhere else.that is great journalism.

regarding the entertainment news there's gotta be a point where you draw the lines.although more people are interested in gossip then actual news does not make gossip news.if you want to sell better than sure you put in that crap cuz it's entertaining but you shouldn't call it something it isn't.just because there is demand for something that isn't in any way beneficial to anybody does not make it any less useless.the word important is not subjective when it comes to news.also important and interesting are two different things.

good luck with the move

Lux22

[64]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 6
    I agree. WHY would he kill everyone on earth? There is nothing to say that he is pure evil and just wants to destroy humanity. He has no moral qualms with killing people but that does not mean it is a catastrophe on a global scale like a meteorite or the FIRST evil or alien brain suckers...you know, it just is weak. The thing that I am disappointed about is that there were so many clues about science, myth and philosophy and at the end...it was all for nothing...had nothing to do with the story. The whole story was, like someone said above, that: Jacob, this guy who was given amazing power by this lady who killed his mum, was afraid of the outside world because he was told it was bad and he killed his brother in trying to stop him. At the same time he let loose a monster (???) that wanted to get out of the island. The monster could not get out as long as Jacob was alive. And only a third person could kill Jacob. Anyways, Jacob would bring people to the island to show that people can be good too (this was a random explanation as he could have just sat there with smokie to the end of time and nothing bad would have happened...but he prefered to lure people to the island to be killed). Then finally smokie got someone to kill Jacob and then he chose from the candidates, who had been developing as characters the last 10 years, one who would continue his work. And then they killed smokey. That was lost. Everything that happened before with Dharma and the Others was nothing. The numbers, the fact that people have souls that get trapped on the island and that some people have special powers is not explained in ANY way. It just is like this. I would not mind if it was clear from the beginning that this was a fantasy drama from the beginning..but I remember clearly that the producers promised that they had the whole thing planned from the beginning and that ALL the questions led to answers...and that they were not in purgatory...
    So at the end of the day I am just annoyed of how weak the whole thing was. I LOVE tv shows as I think they have the potential of being as deep and thought inducing as books at their best. For example Buffy the Vampire SLayer and Sopranos I have watched over and over several times as they are such amazingly told and executed stories. Lost...I will never watch again. Maybe we should start a pressure group to make them do a movie to explain all the things they promised to explain.