Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Why do I hate Juliet?

Momo35

[1]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 8

I know this is really shallow and not something I would usually post. BUT!

I can't figure out what it is about Juliet that I dislike so harshly! She really hasn't been anything but helpful to the characters. Maybe it's that she's kind of slutty? I don't know, maybe someone else has an opinion.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LostRob

[2]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    I don't like her much either. I'm not sure why. I didn't think she was slutty though!

aeiman

[3]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    For me, I don't think she is one of the survivors camp because she try to be nice with Sun. That all she has done for survivors camp.

LostRob

[4]Mar 10, 2008
    I'm not sure if you're only talking about the "camp" or all of the survivors, but she shot Pickett and saved Sawyer's and Kate's lives.

tripping82

[5]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    Momo35 wrote:

I know this is really shallow and not something I would usually post. BUT!

I can't figure out what it is about Juliet that I dislike so harshly! She really hasn't been anything but helpful to the characters. Maybe it's that she's kind of slutty? I don't know, maybe someone else has an opinion.

Let me get this straight...you want us to tell you why you don't like Juliet?

Momo35

[6]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    No, I guess I just wanted other people's opinions to see if I can figure out what is nagging at me. There's just something about her character that makes me...eck!
    By the way, saying she is slutty was mean. I shouldn't have said that.

clivelover9

[7]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 18
    I use to like her, but for some reason after last episode, I don't. I think it is becuase she has put herself in two different love triangles. GET YOUR OWN MAN JULIET! I hear Ben's free, you slut! LOL- I'm fun.

Ckwoogie17

[8]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 13

This is my opinion so np one yell at me ok? I think alot of people dislike because shes an other and because of the whole jack kate thing.... But to tell you the truth i think juliet is way better for jack then kate. i think kate would be better off with saywer. and if antbody's a slut her no offense and all but look at kate she jumps from jack to saywer to jack and back to saywer... once again just my opinion.

clivelover9

[9]Mar 10, 2008
    Ckwoogie17 wrote:

This is my opinion so np one yell at me ok? I think alot of people dislike because shes an other and because of the whole jack kate thing.... But to tell you the truth i think juliet is way better for jack then kate. i think kate would be better off with saywer. and if antbody's a slut her no offense and all but look at kate she jumps from jack to saywer to jack and back to saywer... once again just my opinion.

Kate never touched Jack. How does that make her a slut? Kate belongs with Jack, not yet though. I have no problem with Juiet being with Jack, becuase I don't see her as Kate's competition, just like I never saw Sawyer as Jack's. I don't like Juliet because I don't trust her, it has nothing to do with Kate and Jack's relationship. But for people to think Sawyer and Kate belong together is just plain naive; she has made it obviously clear that she doesn't want to be with Sawyer, I don't know what else you guys need, they are ova!!

Speedyy1984

[10]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 5
    Juliet is a strong caracter, determined to do anything to get waht she wants. With out her Jack would have never operated on Ben. I think we haven't seen the last of Juliet, One question comes to my mind after seeing the last scene with Jack hugging her, why did he left her behing on the island? It's not in Jack's caracter to do that. I'm assuming she was not included in the Oceanic 6, not beeing on the plane.

flushking

[11]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    i don't get the juliet hate. even if she is a backstabbing evil character, she's still an interesting one. i think if someone hates her, they should love to hate her. besides elizabeth mitchel is one hell of an actress. when they added her and michael emerson i thought the people at lost were upping the quality of acting on the show. then we met the people who played nikki and paulo =)

i'm also a guy who likes the strong kick ass women. some guys are turned off to strong women, which might be your case, although i'm not sure if you're male or female. then there's the jack/kate obsession which someone else brought up. as much as it pains me to admitted i'm invested into the jack/juliet relationship. she's just better for him. they're both physicians plus jack likes girls he can fix. although juliet is strong on the outside she's broken on the in.

lcsurfer

[12]Mar 10, 2008

i dont knwo why i got angey at ehr last episode dont know if it cause of the whole jack and juliet situation. is it me or does kate look sort of the child now with juliet and jack with her. what happened to the 'i love you' and i thought there would be some sort of conversation about it. i recon her and kate willl have a confrountation soon.

iwatchitall

[13]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 16

I don't like Juliet all that much either. I find her annoying.

A lot of people have made the same point, that Juliet isn't trustworthy, and we're all still skeptical of her and see her as an 'other' and an outsider, and so our insecurities about her are still heightened. Personally, what really bothers me is that she's in a position of authority when I think she has no right to be. I find her weak, frail and insecure, because she was Ben's puppet and never stood up to him and so she is partly responsible for killing off so many characters that we loved. Maybe we just can't look past all that and forgive her. As though she still needs to go above and beyond to garner our respect. It might just be her personality in general...who knows...but I definitely share the sentiment of momo35...she gets under my skin too.

Just a wild shot in the dark, which is probably what I'm going to get on this forum for voicing a negative opinion, as usual.

Edited on 03/10/2008 2:41pm

krameriffic

[14]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    The thing that pisses me off about her is that she has numerous answers as to what the hell is going on with the island and who everybody is and what everything is on the island, yet we are not made privy to this information on any level.

clivelover9

[15]Mar 10, 2008
    iwatchitall wrote:

I don't like Juliet all that much either. I find her annoying.

A lot of people have made the same point, that Juliet isn't trustworthy, and we're all still skeptical of her and see her as an 'other' and an outsider, and so our insecurities about her are still heightened. Personally, what really bothers me is that she's in a position of authority when I think she has no right to be. I find her weak, frail and insecure, because she was Ben's puppet and never stood up to him and so she is partly responsible for killing off so many characters that we loved. Maybe we just can't look past all that and forgive her. As though she still needs to go above and beyond to garner our respect. It might just be her personality in general...who knows...but I definitely share the sentiment of momo35...she gets under my skin too.

Just a wild shot in the dark, which is probably what I'm going to get on this forum for voicing a negative opinion, as usual.

I completely agree with this. Don't get me wrong she is a good actress, but this is true about Juliet.

iwatchitall

[16]Mar 10, 2008
    Ya, for sure, she has answers but is closed mouth about them, like she's hiding something. Full disclosure would help to appease me.

clivelover9

[17]Mar 10, 2008

iwatchitall wrote:
    Ya, for sure, she has answers but is closed mouth about them, like she's hiding something. Full disclosure would help to appease me.

Yeah, why the hell isn't anyone asking her anything?!?!? There is no way I would let her in my camp without getting some answers! That really bugs me.

Dogacc

[18]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 3

Im surprised. Didnt think people disliked her so much.

I think she is a strong character, the best female character on the show right now. She's been through hell, and lets face it, working under Ben and be forced to stay on an island, and she still stays that cool. It seems as though that shes so bottled up inside and closed, because shes been powerless for so long, shes become paralysed. With Jack she finally have a chance to get off the island, and shes not gonne let that go for sure.

Think Juliet as the female "other" Sayid. Shes determined to get what she wants and unlike the rest she makes the right decisions and brings them to life, without a doubt.

Cant see anything annoying about her. Maybe its because of the Goodwin storyline. But there, i dislike Goodwin even more, hes "the slut" and annoying one you guys are reffering to.

Megaman200798

[19]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    Ben likes her so much and she is turning him down like a cheerleader to a geek?......

iwatchitall

[20]Mar 10, 2008
    Dogacc wrote:

It seems as though that shes so bottled up inside and closed, because shes been powerless for so long, shes become paralysed. With Jack she finally have a chance to get off the island, and shes not gonne let that go for sure.

That's exactly what I find annoying. Her predisposition before she ever stepped foot on the island. She didn't go to the island and turn from a paralytic to a leader like Locke. When she arrived she was duped by Ben and became his puppet, and didn't have the insight to see it. That is what I find annoying, that she went along with Ben and the others and didn't fight for moral righteousness. So I'll re-iterate, she has to do something above and beyond to garner my respect.