TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Why do I hate Juliet?

Semmaluver

[21]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    wow i never thought anyone felt the same way....I dont know like her either but I have never been sure why but you all make some valid points
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futumtch1

[22]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 5
    From my perspective her smile doesn't appear sincere enough. It's more like a smirk. Her lips are pursed and you don't see any teeth.

So that's what doesn't sit well with me. Weak I know lol.

Megaman200798

[23]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    Also she is causing a rift between Kate and Jake

matty_32

[24]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 4

I actually really like Juliet. She's one of my favourite characters. I also think that she's one of the few people who actuall deserve to go back home, and her wanting to go home is the reasoning for all she does on the island. Think about, she helped get her sister pregnant and was around to see her suffer her cancer. Before the island Juliet was not a conartist (Sawyer), or a murderer (Kate, Sawyer), or an adulterer (Sun)or a torturer(Sayid). Of anybody on the island whose past we have been shown, I think Juliet is definitely one of the most deserving to leave the island, as seen in the episode "One of Us", when we see her torment over not being able to see her sister and nephew.

We have also seen her to be a selfless person, once again show in One of Us, when she decided to stay on the island so that her sisters cancer could be cured.

Edited on 03/10/2008 11:46pm

LostRob

[25]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think what really inspires my dislike is her facial expression. It's usually very smug and condescending.

doctorWHO69

[26]Mar 11, 2008
    Did anybody notice in 'the other woman' when she was showing ben through the miscroscope and they are discussing why pregnant women cant give birth on the island,she appears to be just about to say why she thinks its happening,and then goodwin interupts.So,does she know more about that than she is letting on?

RedsnGreens

[27]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 16

When she was first introduced in "A Tale of Two Cities," I wasn't sure if I was gonna like her, but her character is so strong and enigmatic that by the end of the episode, she was my favorite character (whereas before I didn't have a favorite Lost character).

If anything, last episode made me like Juliet even more. To me, Ben is a creep and I feel sorry that Juliet has the misfortune of being the object of his attention. Also, I think she's too good for Jack, because it seems like he's vying for both her affections and Kate's. If Jack and Kate would just make a clear choice and not switch back and forth between Juliet and Sawyer, then I'd be less critical of Jack (I'm a bit apathetic towards Kate).

Elizabeth Mitchell said herself, in an interview w/Kristin from E!, that she's always played Juliet as a survivor who's been through so much $h!t and drama. She also said that "The Other Woman" was purposely a slow-down episode compared to "The Constant."

Edited on 03/11/2008 10:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

iwatchitall

[28]Mar 11, 2008
    matty_32 wrote:

I actually really like Juliet. She's one of my favourite characters. I also think that she's one of the few people who actuall deserve to go back home, and her wanting to go home is the reasoning for all she does on the island. Think about, she helped get her sister pregnant and was around to see her suffer her cancer. Before the island Juliet was not a conartist (Sawyer), or a murderer (Kate, Sawyer), or an adulterer (Sun)or a torturer(Sayid). Of anybody on the island whose past we have been shown, I think Juliet is definitely one of the most deserving to leave the island, as seen in the episode "One of Us", when we see her torment over not being able to see her sister and nephew.

We have also seen her to be a selfless person, once again show in One of Us, when she decided to stay on the island so that her sisters cancer could be cured.

Of course she deserves to get off the island, that's not the topic at all, this is about what bothers us about Juliet...to help momo35 understand why he hates her. Even if she's shown herself to be a selfless person, a lot of the cast of Lost have been selfless, even Sayid and Sawyer, so that's not enough to make me like Juliet, I'm still annoyed by her demeanor.

Redsngreens, it's the WAY she's survived and the WAY she's put up with so much $h!t and drama, that we can't stand and what we find so annoying that makes us hate her so much. It's not that she's been through it, it's the manner in which its been done.

Regulator0013

[29]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 11

I think she is awesome, I think she is genuinely on the side of the Survivors. She had to be sneaky and conniving to get around Ben-she knew she had to be because Ben is infinitely more sneaky and conniving than Juliet could ever be. Then again we must ask-is Juliet inherently sneaky or has she adapted to get out of the situation she is in?

As for the whole Juliet/Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Ben...thing. Juliet is much better suited to Jack than Kate. Kate wants a bad boy-Sawyer! Jack is the hero type, Juliet digs on that kind of thing, Jack is too goody goody for Kate. When will this love geometry stop so we can get on to bigger things?

iwatchitall

[30]Mar 11, 2008
    Ya, Ben is definitely more conniving than Juliet, and yes, she's had to be sneaky to get around Ben and his schemes. She's just done what she's had to, to stay alive...for survival. As far as comparisons go, Jack and Juliet are both medical professionals too, but I really don't want that to start, or any new relationships to start up at all, and I don't think any will happen. You know what I mean, other than Penny and Desmond to find each other and those that already exist, Sun and Jin, and Rose and Bernard.

Megaman200798

[31]Mar 11, 2008
    doctorWHO69 wrote:
    Did anybody notice in 'the other woman' when she was showing ben through the miscroscope and they are discussing why pregnant women cant give birth on the island,she appears to be just about to say why she thinks its happening,and then goodwin interupts.So,does she know more about that than she is letting on?

Ben started touching her hand and her train out thought vanished

aynoor

[32]May 25, 2010
    • level: 1

I hate Juliet because she is ruining every single thing every since she joined! I like Skate (Sawyer and Kate) and she started to be with Sawyer in Season 5.. WHY?! I love Sawyer and Kate together!!!!! First she took Jack from Kate, and then she took Sawyer from Kate, that woman is insane -.-'. I don't blame the actress though, it got nothing to do with the character. I like that moment, when Sawyer (I like to call him Sawyer, not James xD ) first came to see Jack, Kate and Hurley after 3 years, I kinda got a nice feeling, because he saw Kate. He said to a man that he loved a woman (Kate) but he barely remembered how she looked. I wanted to scream when he said that lol..

Jate (Jack and Kate) is kinda boring, but don't disagree with me now, because I like them together too. But I like Skate more, dunno why

CHARLIE WHY DID YOU DIE?!

Just because of the character Charlie, Dominic Monaghan started to be my favorite actor.

Torzhestvuyushe

[33]May 25, 2010
    • level: 11
    I didn't like Juliet when we first met her because she knew everything about what was going on, but was keeping everything a secret and had this calm attitude about everything even though nothing was calm!

I later really got to like Juliet and she ended up as one of my favorite characters.