Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Why people REALLY hated the finale

friendserking

[41]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 13

I loved the ending of the finale. I respect people who didn't like it, but I am just not one of those people. The show always went back and forth between science fiction and a plain drama. The first 3 seasons were mostly drama mystery, but when they moved the island in season 4 it became completely science fiction then in season 5 they started with the time travel again science fiction. This is when I became upset with the show but no one else did I felt like I was the only one.

Over time I was able to accept it, and really just focus on the characters and what they do to handle these supernatural problems. So yes I followed the characters not the mysteries. The mysteries made the show more intriguing for sure, but that's not why I watched the show in the end. This is also probably why I liked the ending since it was completely character centric.

As for reasons people dont like the ending you guys have given many and Ill try to address some.

They didn't give enough answers is always the general complaint. They actually answered most things there are a select few things left unsolved but to be honest I thought 90 95 percent of everything was addressed. It really just felt like people didn't like the answers they were given. Which is fine, but I don't know what people wanted. As Andy Kaufman/Jim Careysaid the crowd is expecting so much so short of faking my own deathor burning the theatre down I don't know how to surprise them. I was completely satisfied with the answers. I think people wanted the Lost writers to tell us where humans came from lol and that just wasn't going to happen.

Saying the show did not hit the appropriate genre with its male audience is ridiculous. Sorry, but the show primarily focuses on guys it became all to obvious the only female they could write for is Kate. You don't have to be in touch with your feminine side to enjoy a happy ending for characters you have been rooting for, for six seasons.

I really respect people who didn't like the finale because I hated the show so much during season 5, and I felt like I was the only one. Luckily for me I adjusted my outlook on the show and became OK with it. Its hard to become OK with something that's ended and you get no more of it. I have tons to say on the subject but this post is to long already lol.

And for the record the nuke set off by Jack/Juliet in season 5 finale is what created purgatory. That was very clear and obvious. And all the island stuff did happen again also clear pretty sure Christian flat out says it. (for anyone who wasnt sure)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[42]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 32
    friendserking wrote:
    They didn't give enough answers is always the general complaint. They actually answered most things there are a select few things left unsolved but to be honest I thought 90 95 percent of everything was addressed.
    No it was far less than that.

friendserking wrote:
    It really just felt like people didn't like the answers they were given.
    Because many of them only led to more unnecessary questions.

friendserking wrote:
    I think people wanted the Lost writers to tell us where humans came from lol and that just wasn't going to happen..
    Uh.. Really.. How about the most central mystery like what exactly is the island and it's origins?

friendserking wrote:
    And for the record the nuke set off by Jack/Juliet in season 5 finale is what created purgatory. That was very clear and obvious.
    Uh no it wasn't. First of all nuclear explosions don't send people time traveling. Two they would be dead. Three nukes don't create alternate dimensions and four it didn't even go off given that it was the island triggered 'Incident' that sent them back
    and caused the necessary evacuation of the island.

CharmedOneP391

[43]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 19

You know even though the entire question of What the Island's purpose is what only explained vaguely at best ( the light is inside very human and if it goes out it goes out everywhere (in everyone)) but that answer only added the question..what is the effect on everyone whose light has gone out? Would the smoke monster "claim" there souls? But in the finale...it was shown that in order for smokey to leave the light had to go out in order for the Protector and the Monster to both lose their powers. So..if the light has gone out on the Island and it sinks..but the Smokey gets off and now is just human?

See I was fine with the outcome of the Island's story because I knew that Jacob's brother (Samuel..is it?) would ultimately die.

I always thought especially towards the end of season 5, that the MAIN question within Lost itself is: Is whatever happened, happened? Or..can the "variables" (being the losties falling back in time) change their destinies? Then season 6 comes along showing us both outcomes..so I'm like okay...

But what did not sit well with me and still doesn't to this day and therefor makes season 6 seem less than desirable compared to the first 5 seasons is because of the fact that in the season 5 finale when Juliet actually detonated the bomb...it made it seem that Lost was actually going for alternate realities and was going to answer (within it's own mythology, of course) that you could change your destiny given the chance but because of What the light was in the Island they were going to be able to choose which life they wanted to stay in or keep. But then the writers pull out the Limbo thing, which I didn't HATE...but..it wasn't what I was expecting at all. And what seemed like a Huge gaping plot-hole was Jack and Juliet's "son" David Shephard... who was not by the way in the church at the end. Does his soul even exist? Or was that what Jack was missing in his own life was being a father (Aaron aside)?

Either way...it makes it seem almost like had Lost's Series Finale had been 'The Incident', and the viewer had to guess whether or not the Losties were able to change their fate up to their own imagination would actually had been a better way to end this epic series.

The reason why I didn't HATE the "sideways" storyline of season 6 is because Christian Shepherd told Jack that they all created "this place" so they could meet up together before "moving on". This made it seem that although they weren't able to change their fates on Earth, they were able to have another life without The Island after they had died but before they had moved on to Heaven/Nirvana/Infinite Peace/whatever.

dead Michael who was stuck on The Island as a whisper, (and whoever else was stuck there because of their sins)...was never explained...as a viewer who was seen 'The Man in Charge', I'm assuming that someone has to help them move on specifically...and I'm guessing Walt has to forgive his dad or something before he can "move on".

But for all tense and purposes...I did not REALLY hate the finale.

Edited on 09/14/2010 10:29pm

friendserking

[44]Sep 15, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    friendserking wrote:
    They didn't give enough answers is always the general complaint. They actually answered most things there are a select few things left unsolved but to be honest I thought 90 95 percent of everything was addressed.
    No it was far less than that.
    friendserking wrote:
    It really just felt like people didn't like the answers they were given.
    Because many of them only led to more unnecessary questions.
    friendserking wrote:
    I think people wanted the Lost writers to tell us where humans came from lol and that just wasn't going to happen..
    Uh.. Really.. How about the most central mystery like what exactly is the island and it's origins?
    friendserking wrote:
    And for the record the nuke set off by Jack/Juliet in season 5 finale is what created purgatory. That was very clear and obvious.
    Uh no it wasn't. First of all nuclear explosions don't send people time traveling. Two they would be dead. Three nukes don't create alternate dimensions and four it didn't even go off given that it was the island triggered 'Incident' that sent them back and caused the necessary evacuation of the island.

The nuke is what the incident was no it wasn't just the nuke it was the nuke mixed with the magnetic pocket or whatever the dharma initiative dug into too deep. Hence Juliet saying it worked. Also hence why Christian said this is a place you guys created. You really dont think the nuke went off I thought it was pretty clear Juliet triggered it. That mixed with the magnetic energy they were sent back to there normal time, and the purgatory was created. If other people agree with that maybe Im wrong, but I was pretty confident the nuke went off.

Again explaining what the islands origins are how the hell are they supposed to do that. That is pretty much like explaining where the earth came from. Not to mention the show only followed the characters so how Jack or anyone was supposed to show us where the island came from is beyond me. I will say I was very let down with Jacob and the MIB I thought they were going to be much more important than they were it turned out they actually weren't that important big big let down. They probably could of used these 2 characters to go very deep into the island history but they didn't they just made them no more important than any of the cast.

The island isan island with special magnetic and scientific properties. Toyour defense theexplanations were real choppy towards the end with the magic light and stuff like that. That was for sure not explainedvery well.

I will admit alot of things toward the end that they brought up were not explained very well at all, and if they did have an explanation they werent very good ones. I think the writers focused on certain lasting question like the alt timeline and chose to answer that, but many mysteries were solved, but again I do agree alot of mysteries brought up towards the end were not explained well at all.

friendserking

[45]Sep 15, 2010

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

You know even though the entire question of What the Island's purpose is what only explained vaguely at best ( the light is inside very human and if it goes out it goes out everywhere (in everyone)) but that answer only added the question..what is the effect on everyone whose light has gone out? Would the smoke monster "claim" there souls? But in the finale...it was shown that in order for smokey to leave the light had to go out in order for the Protector and the Monster to both lose their powers. So..if the light has gone out on the Island and it sinks..but the Smokey gets off and now is just human?

I could not agree more how bad could he really be if he got off the island and didnt have his powers. I have had this debate with myself alot. I dont think smokey needed the light to go out to leave he needed to kill the candidates but since he failed this was his last chance not knowing that he would lose his powers in the process. So I think the purpose here is to kill him and turn the light back on to save the island, but your right beyond saving the island Mr MIB or Samuel could not of been all that bad without his powers.

I actually agreed with most what you said for some reason I just really loved the finale though mainly because all the characters for the most part get a happy ending.

KingofIPirates

[46]Sep 15, 2010
    friendserking wrote:
    The nuke is what the incident was no it wasn't just the nuke it was the nuke mixed with the magnetic pocket or whatever the dharma initiative dug into too deep.
    So wait, even though the island had already demonstrated it's time travel capabilities on several occassions without the nuke, it still needed the nuke to somehow mix with the release of electromagnetic energy to initiate time travel?

friendserking wrote:
    Hence Juliet saying it worked.
    Initially, Before she actually dies she states

{JULIET: It didn't work, we're still on the island.
    SAWYER: It's ok, It's ok, I just gotta get this loose enough to get you out, ok?
    JULIET: No, I hit the bomb and you're still here.
    SAWYER: You what? ... you hit the bomb? Why?
    JULIET: I wanted you to be able to go home. I wanted to make it so you never came to this damn island [Juliet starts crying] ... it didn't work.}

Now it was when she was already dead( or moments from death) Miles confirmed that she said afterwards that 'it worked' and even that refers to what she said in the flash sideaways timeline in the finale, when Sawyer successfully recovered the candy bar from the vending machine machine. She presumably said it since she was in a state shifting between the real timeline and the flashsideaways timeline in the season opener. At the moment of her death, she saw the Flash sideways timeline.

friendserking wrote:

Also hence why Christian said this is a place you guys created.
    For one, when Christian said they created it, it was actually them themselves that physically created this metaphysical abstract when they died not a nuke.

Not to mention you disregard what he says after that which further indicates it couldn't possibly have been the nuke.
    {CHRISTIAN: This is the place that you...that you all made together, so that you could find one another. The most...important part of your life, was the time that you spent with these people. That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you..}
    The purpose of the nuke was to blow up the island so that they never crashed on the island which means pretty much they would've never met outside the plane once they landed after they went off in their separate ways. Here he clearly indicates that purgatory was created so that they could find each other and remember their lives and the time they spend together with these people(which by the way was largely on the island).

So in effect they gained reality warping powers(as silly as that sounds) when they died and jointly created this purgatory so they could be together.

friendserking wrote:
    You really dont think the nuke went off I thought it was pretty clear Juliet triggered it. That mixed with the magnetic energy they were sent back to there normal time, and the purgatory was created. If other people agree with that maybe Im wrong, but I was pretty confident the nuke went off
    The Flash of light was just the incident going off not the nuke. And like I said before, the properties of the island was already triggering time traveling events without the nuke so the nuke was not required. And Not even the vast powers of the island has ever been shown to create alternate universes

friendserking wrote:
    Again explaining what the islands origins are how the hell are they supposed to do that. That is pretty much like explaining where the earth came from.
    Really? It's that difficult?

Off the top of my head.
    The Island was a semi-sentient being that crash landed on earth and is slowly draining the planet of it's life force.

The island is really a spaceship that was sent by a highly advanced civilization to investigate and study the perplexing species that are human beings.

The island actually gave birth to the earth and the earth is still in it's infancy which is why these properties the island possesses seem so foreign as the earth has yet to develop these phenomenons.

An advanced civilization from the distant past began experimenting on opening wormholes for faster space travel but instead triggered an event(incident) that caused the entire island they lived on to temporarily trapped in an alternate time dimension sporadically shifting between that dimension and this.

Etc,etc,etc.
    friendserking wrote:
    Not to mention the show only followed the characters so how Jack or anyone was supposed to show us where the island came from is beyond me..
    Given that Jacob was the guardian and was granted special knowledge of certain things about the island that could've been easily worked out.

CharmedOneP391

[47]Sep 16, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    friendserking wrote:
    The nuke is what the incident was no it wasn't just the nuke it was the nuke mixed with the magnetic pocket or whatever the dharma initiative dug into too deep.
    So wait, even though the island had already demonstrated it's time travel capabilities on several occassions without the nuke, it still needed the nuke to somehow mix with the release of electromagnetic energy to initiate time travel?
    friendserking wrote:
    Hence Juliet saying it worked.
    Initially, Before she actually dies she states {JULIET: It didn't work, we're still on the island.
    SAWYER: It's ok, It's ok, I just gotta get this loose enough to get you out, ok?
    JULIET: No, I hit the bomb and you're still here.
    SAWYER: You what? ... you hit the bomb? Why?
    JULIET: I wanted you to be able to go home. I wanted to make it so you never came to this damn island [Juliet starts crying] ... it didn't work.} Now it was when she was already dead( or moments from death) Miles confirmed that she said afterwards that 'it worked' and even that refers to what she said in the flash sideaways timeline in the finale, when Sawyer successfully recovered the candy bar from the vending machine machine. She presumably said it since she was in a state shifting between the real timeline and the flashsideaways timeline in the season opener. At the moment of her death, she saw the Flash sideways timeline.
    friendserking wrote:
    Also hence why Christian said this is a place you guys created.
    For one, when Christian said they created it, it was actually them themselves that physically created this metaphysical abstract when they died not a nuke. Not to mention you disregard what he says after that which further indicates it couldn't possibly have been the nuke. {CHRISTIAN: This is the place that you...that you all made together, so that you could find one another. The most...important part of your life, was the time that you spent with these people. That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you..}
    The purpose of the nuke was to blow up the island so that they never crashed on the island which means pretty much they would've never met outside the plane once they landed after they went off in their separate ways. Here he clearly indicates that purgatory was created so that they could find each other and remember their lives and the time they spend together with these people(which by the way was largely on the island).
    So in effect they gained reality warping powers(as silly as that sounds) when they died and jointly created this purgatory so they could be together.
    friendserking wrote:
    You really dont think the nuke went off I thought it was pretty clear Juliet triggered it. That mixed with the magnetic energy they were sent back to there normal time, and the purgatory was created. If other people agree with that maybe Im wrong, but I was pretty confident the nuke went off
    The Flash of light was just the incident going off not the nuke. And like I said before, the properties of the island was already triggering time traveling events without the nuke so the nuke was not required. And Not even the vast powers of the island has ever been shown to create alternate universes
    friendserking wrote:
    Again explaining what the islands origins are how the hell are they supposed to do that. That is pretty much like explaining where the earth came from.
    Really? It's that difficult? Off the top of my head. The Island was a semi-sentient being that crash landed on earth and is slowly draining the planet of it's life force. The island is really a spaceship that was sent by a highly advanced civilization to investigate and study the perplexing species that are human beings. The island actually gave birth to the earth and the earth is still in it's infancy which is why these properties the island possesses seem so foreign as the earth has yet to develop these phenomenons. An advanced civilization from the distant past began experimenting on opening wormholes for faster space travel but instead triggered an event(incident) that caused the entire island they lived on to temporarily trapped in an alternate time dimension sporadically shifting between that dimension and this. Etc,etc,etc.
    friendserking wrote:
    Not to mention the show only followed the characters so how Jack or anyone was supposed to show us where the island came from is beyond me..
    Given that Jacob was the guardian and was granted special knowledge of certain things about the island that could've been easily worked out.

I'm just gonna jump in real quickly here not that I'm disagreeing with most of what your saying. Yes the island had started time traveling before any nuke was set off, it wasn't until the future when Ben turned the wheel that put the Island off it's time axis..then when Locke fixed it..the island stopped and our losties were stuck in 1977. It seems that the incident which was Juliet's detonation of the bomb mixed with the EM pocket of energy..which caused a time traveling effect that pushed them back "where they were supposed to be"

It's not that I think the Nuke necessarily created the Afterlife...but I did take it as because of the fact that they TRIED to change their destinies/futures/fates but couldn't because "everything that happened, happened", they unintentionally did create "that place" during..well after..the Incident.

But what your saying makes sense too...see thats the thing about Lost..it's 90% personal interpretation.

KingofIPirates

[48]Sep 16, 2010
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    It seems that the incident which was Juliet's detonation of the bomb mixed with the EM pocket of energy..which caused a time traveling effect that pushed them back "where they were supposed to be"
    Why would the detonation of a bomb which purpose is to incinerate somehow mix with the pocket of electromagnetic energy (if that's even plausible) just to send them back to their current time. If the bomb somehow was able to exert it's influence on time travel wouldn't it simply go back to the 1950's where it first originated? Isn't it more reasonable that because of the full outburst of electromagnetic energy that it was able to correct/repair the timeline as opposed to a bomb which before the event was in no way correlated or was even structurally compatible with time travel given that it's only real purpose was just to destroy. Sawyer said it best
    SAWYER: "You think an atom bomb went off, we'd still be standing here"?!
    Edited on 09/16/2010 9:15pm

CharmedOneP391

[49]Sep 16, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    It seems that the incident which was Juliet's detonation of the bomb mixed with the EM pocket of energy..which caused a time traveling effect that pushed them back "where they were supposed to be"
    Why would the detonation of a bomb which purpose is to incinerate somehow mix with the pocket of electromagnetic energy (if that's even plausible) just to send them back to their current time. If the bomb somehow was able to exert it's influence on time travel wouldn't it simply go back to the 1950's where it first originated? Isn't it more reasonable that because of the full outburst of electromagnetic energy that it was able to correct/repair the timeline as opposed to a bomb which before the event was in no way correlated or was even structurally compatible with time travel given that it's only real purpose was just to destroy. Sawyer said it best
    SAWYER: "You think an atom bomb went off, we'd still be standing here"?!

Well had Juliet not've fallen in the whole and hit the bomb with a rock until it...(detonated?) then nothing would've happened. So doesn't that mean that when it...(detonated?) since they...didn't die...and the only other variable within the situation that we knew of was the electromagnetic energy that the bomb was on top of...so does it not seem like the (detonation?) of Jughead with the addition of the pocket of EME, forced them back to circa 2007..?

Edited on 09/16/2010 10:49pm

KingofIPirates

[51]Sep 17, 2010
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    Well had Juliet not've fallen in the whole and hit the bomb with a rock until it...(detonated?) then nothing would've happened.
    The incident would've gone off whether Juliet fell into the hole or not; Dharma Initiative began evacuating because they accidentally struck the pocket of energy which was set to erupt at any moment.

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

so does it not seem like the (detonation?) of Jughead with the addition of the pocket of EME, forced them back to circa 2007..?
    You do remember that the original point of the bomb was to destroy that pocket of energy and the island itself. So why would the destructive capabilities of the bomb all of a sudden fuse with the time travel capabilities of the island when all that's required is the time travel capabilities of the island to send them back. Point is, that severely conflicts with the original idea of the bomb destroying the pocket of energy and the island.

friendserking

[52]Sep 17, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    Well had Juliet not've fallen in the whole and hit the bomb with a rock until it...(detonated?) then nothing would've happened.
    The incident would've gone off whether Juliet fell into the hole or not; Dharma Initiative began evacuating because they accidentally struck the pocket of energy which was set to erupt at any moment.
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    so does it not seem like the (detonation?) of Jughead with the addition of the pocket of EME, forced them back to circa 2007..?
    You do remember that the original point of the bomb was to destroy that pocket of energy and the island itself. So why would the destructive capabilities of the bomb all of a sudden fuse with the time travel capabilities of the island when all that's required is the time travel capabilities of the island to send them back. Point is, that severely conflicts with the original idea of the bomb destroying the pocket of energy and the island.

Although I still think Juliet setting off the bomb mixed with the energy from the island created the alt timeline/purgatory I actually respect your opinion that it didnt. So explain to me though how did the alt timeline/purgatory get created, and when Miles read Juliets thoughts as she died what did she mean when she said it worked?

Edited on 09/17/2010 11:50am

KingofIPirates

[53]Sep 17, 2010
    friendserking wrote:

Although I still think Juliet setting off the bomb mixed with the energy from the island created the alt timeline/purgatory I actually respect your opinion that it didnt. So explain to me though how did the alt timeline/purgatory get created, and when Miles read Juliets thoughts as she died what did she mean when she said it worked?
    KingofIPirates wrote:

KingofIPirates wrote:

Now it was when she was already dead( or moments from death) Miles confirmed that she said afterwards that 'it worked' and even that refers to what she said in the flash sideaways timeline in the finale, when Sawyer successfully recovered the candy bar from the vending machine machine. She presumably said it since she was in a state shifting between the real timeline and the flashsideaways timeline in the season opener. At the moment of her death, she saw the Flash sideways timeline.

buildam2005

[54]Sep 18, 2010
    • level: 14

friendserking wrote:
    So explain to me though how did the alt timeline/purgatory get created, and when Miles read Juliets thoughts as she died what did she mean when she said it worked?

Herein lies the show's fundamental problem: it allows itself to make up things its characters (and I'm using that term loosely, to include the island and all its mysterious properties) can do in order to make the story do what it wants. So, as stupid as an explanation as it is, the characters could create it because the writers wanted them to be able to. We're given no more, no less. It's pretty threadbare, schlocky writing, if you ask me.

The_Last_Ride

[55]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 4
    so i just watched the season finale. it is true they were dead the whole time?

KingofIPirates

[56]Sep 19, 2010
    The_Last_Ride wrote:
    No, they died when you see them die on the island.

CharmedOneP391

[57]Sep 20, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

Ok but I also remember that the only reason the EME started making the Island flash threw time is because the wheel was turned and put the Island/Light/Energy off it's axis. So who's to say that the Electromagnetic Energy didn't absorb the bomb's blast...and sent them back to 2007? I mean yeaa I know it sounds weird but thats Lost for you. Or atleast for me..because that's what I've been thinking ever since LA X.

The_Last_Ride wrote:

No, they were only dead in the Flash-Sideways ALL of the events we saw on The Island truly happened.

Edited on 09/20/2010 9:17am

KingofIPirates

[58]Sep 20, 2010
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    but I also remember that the only reason the EME started making the Island flash threw time is because the wheel was turned and put the Island/Light/Energy off it's axis.
    And the island was subsequently put back on it's axis by Locke..
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    So who's to say that the Electromagnetic Energy didn't absorb the bomb's blast...and sent them back to 2007?
    For one the show already confirms otherwise.
    The bomb was said to be able to destroy that electromagnetic energy so the bombs blast now being absorbed by that energy detracts completely from what was previously stated in the show.
    {FARADAY: Us. We're the variables. People. We think. We reason. We make choices. We have free will. We can change our destiny. I think I can negate that energy under the Swan. I think I can destroy it. If I can, then that hatch will never be built, and your plane... your plane will land, just like it's supposed to, in Los Angeles.

KATE: And just how exactly do you plan on destroying this energy?

FARADAY: I'm gonna detonate a hydrogen bomb.}

Two, even if it could be absorbed the vast influx of energy would only accelerate the time travel phase so they would've been flung far further into the future than just thirty years.
    Three, the island has already shown it can time travel without the bomb so there's no evidence such a fusion occured in the first place.
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    I mean yeaa I know it sounds weird but thats Lost for you.
    That'd be like suggesting Jack and the other Losties could fly if they just believed it solely on the basis that weird things happen in Lost. Unless there's definitive proof that supports this then it would be an invalid claim.

friendserking

[59]Sep 20, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    but I also remember that the only reason the EME started making the Island flash threw time is because the wheel was turned and put the Island/Light/Energy off it's axis.
    And the island was subsequently put back on it's axis by Locke..
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    So who's to say that the Electromagnetic Energy didn't absorb the bomb's blast...and sent them back to 2007?
    For one the show already confirms otherwise. The bomb was said to be able to destroy that electromagnetic energy so the bombs blast now being absorbed by that energy detracts completely from what was previously stated in the show.
    {FARADAY: Us. We're the variables. People. We think. We reason. We make choices. We have free will. We can change our destiny. I think I can negate that energy under the Swan. I think I can destroy it. If I can, then that hatch will never be built, and your plane... your plane will land, just like it's supposed to, in Los Angeles.

KATE: And just how exactly do you plan on destroying this energy?
    FARADAY: I'm gonna detonate a hydrogen bomb.}

Two, even if it could be absorbed the vast influx of energy would only accelerate the time travel phase so they would've been flung far further into the future than just thirty years.
    Three, the island has already shown it n time travel without the bomb so there's no evidence such a fusion occured in the first place.
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    I mean yeaa I know it sounds weird but thats Lost for you.
    That'd be like suggesting Jack and the other Losties could fly if they just believed it solely on the basis that weird things happen in Lost. Unless there's definitive proof that supports this then it would be an invalid claim.

We cant really take what Faraday said to be true anyway because he thought the bomb would change back time leading to the losties never landing on the island and it did not do that it created the alt timeline instead.

KingofIPirates

[60]Sep 20, 2010
    friendserking wrote:

We cant really take what Faraday said to be true anyway because he thought the bomb would change back time leading to the losties never landing on the island
    Yes.. if the island and the pocket of energy was destroyed which it wasn't.
    friendserking wrote:
    it did not do that.
    Because the bomb didn't even go off...
    friendserking wrote:
    it created the alt timeline instead.
    Need I say again it did not create the alternate timeline.

Christian already confirms this..
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Not to mention you disregard what he says after that which further indicates it couldn't possibly have been the nuke.
    {CHRISTIAN: This is the place that you...that you all made together, so that you could find one another. The most...important part of your life, was the time that you spent with these people. That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone Jack. You needed all of them, and they needed you..}