Lost Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Why people REALLY hated the finale

Alienfanex

[101]Sep 6, 2011
    • level: 4
    Ummm... they have those names in the Flash Sideways because that's their father's last names. That in NO WAY proves that the writers made it up as they went along.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Alienfanex

[102]Sep 6, 2011
    The reason why everybody is SO pissed off is because they didn't answer ALL the mysteries. But seriously you guys, if they answered EVERYTHING... it just wouldn't be Lost.

Alienfanex

[103]May 26, 2012

DEAR GOD THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anthem47

[104]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 6

Swinglabacase wrote:

I hated the finale because it made it useless to buy the DVDs... The feel is not the same now that we know that they're all DOA...

They protected the island, you know the one with the Source on it?Just because they're all going to die doesn't negate what they accomplished when they were alive. If that were true then every piece of fiction ever would be worthless. It's like saying "Hey Luke blew up the Death Star! But he's going to die in 30 or so years, so that was a big waste of time".

jonas-winslo

[105]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 2

You cant's build expectations for years just to dash them on rocks.

sshan39

[106]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 7

I dont understand why everyone is so upset. It was purgatory and they island had a purpose. When they died it was years later and everyone got together. The people who died before were waiting for them. I think the people who died on the island or there ghosts showed up were bad. The monster killed bad people. I am frustrated they didnt answer everything though. Like the numbers?? and walt?? I would have liked it to be on longer if they needed that time to answer it. It was one of my favorite shows i miss it.

TennisMenace

[107]Jul 10, 2014
    • level: 1
    Are you saying you are upset because the flash sideways never happened? If so, I can understand that. Me personally, not a problem. Kind of cool actually.

TennisMenace

[108]Jul 10, 2014

Right on. Thanks for this voice of reason.

TennisMenace

[109]Jul 10, 2014

Kneil_Shankman wrote:

Wow are there really these many retarded people over here?

The Island was REAL. All six seasons ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

The only thing that was purgatory was the flash-sideways, which was created when all of them died.

This was so clearly and obviously explained in the show. Do they really need to beat you over the head with it for you to understand?

clap clap. Apparently many followers of Lost did not get this or for some reason feel cheated by this. Don't know why- look at the genre.

TennisMenace

[110]Jul 10, 2014

buildam2005 wrote:
    Kevnay777 wrote:

I believe that the writers really wanted to end Lost the way it ended. Just that they screwed themselves over by creating a ton of mysteries that they weren't planning on answering. Which pissed people off.

The other problem with the ending, whether it was planned out or not, has to do with how it cheapens the on-island story of the last five years. In many ways, it makes the characters' choices and fates unimportant--it doesn't matter what they did in their island lives, because they all have the same tidy resolution in the afterlife. Does it matter whether Locke got the relationship he wanted with his father in his real life? Nope! He got it in this afterlife thing. Does it matter that Shannon was killed on the island and Sayid was destroyed by it? Nope! He got her back in the afterlife. Does it matter whether Kate came to terms with her guilt and her need to constantly run away? Nope! She's innocent in the afterlife and gets to Jack and apparently is no longer followed by authorities. People claim the show was all about the characters, but what the finale did was ultimately make any growth and development the characters did in various ways in their lives unimportant, because they all ended up in the same place. Who cares if Kate, Claire, and the rest of the people on the plane had lives after the island? They just ended up in the afterlife with everyone else! It doesn't matter that Boone was killed relatively early and that Shannon and Jack blamed Locke--everyone's friends in the afterlife! Totally truncates every interesting character down to the lowest common denominator in the end. I would think that people who cared more about the characters than the plot would be the ones MOST upset by this finale, not the other way around, as their "resolutions" were nonexistent.

wow, you really didn't get it, did you? Many people, including me, believe there is an afterlife. So, this show promoted such concept too. What is wrong with that? Mostly everyone died and then " moved on" to their afterlife. What made this show unique was they all moved on together as one big family. Why would this bother you? Are you happier seeing all of them just die without an afterlife? If so, then I guess you are afraid of an afterlife, and maybe that is why you are the way you are. I guess that makes sense. Sorry.