Lost

Greatest Hits

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 16, 2007 on ABC

• Here is a thought....

Instead of Charlie diving down to the underwater station to turn off the switch, why did they not simply cut the power cable they obviously thought was supplying the power to the station??? There was some issue about why it was still running if it was supposed to be flooded but at least trying to cut the cable before anything else makes sence to me. This is a really really silly series that started out alright but as soon as the money started rolling in to the producers they decided to milk it with silly outcomes. The ONLY reason I watch it is because I'm actually looking forward to see how they decide to write themselves out of this noncence. I just heard there will be three more seasons which did it for me. I'm not going to watch three more seasons of no answers to anything and the bad guys always get away with everything (the others). I'll simply wait for the absolute final but this is just me. The rest of you keep watching and enjoy..
  • Could've been trimmed down by 30 odd minutes.

Call me crazy but I was kind of taken "out" of the Lost universe for a while and slightly miffed at the writers that one of my least favorite characters, Charlie, was unexpectedly being fitted for a friggin' halo all episode. I came to accept it, but i tend to frown upon sudden altruism, even if it is for your beloved. Plus they laid it all on so thick it came off as kitsch and melodramatic instead of poignant. But i'm in the minority here, "so let them eat cake", as the saying goes. :-) In the end it wasn't quite as bad as i thought: I was half expecting a gentle rain to fall like solemn tears right before a dole of doves eases Charlie to be at the most sobering peace as the saintly birds nestle smooching on the bow of the outrigger whilst God himself takes to skywriting "Charlie loves Claire" using milky white clouds and peeking sunbeams...

Lost has been filled with touching moments for me, Desmond in the hatch looking up at the unseen Locke pounding on the external hatch door, Locke pounding on the hatch looking down at the unseen Desmond amidst the light :), even Ben pulling off his mask and looking solemnly at Richard for a moment before reverting back to form. Those moments are special, because the are just that, momentous. This 40 some odd minute homage to the "My Girl"-esque paint-by numbers tearjerker, on the other hand, couldn't have ended sooner.

The last minute or so inside the unfriendly confines of the submerged "Looking Glass" station was decent, the rest of the island action was typical of the proverbial "calm before the storm". In other words: nothing to write home about. The best part of the episode very well could be seeing that Ben has dropped the Svengali routine and is now an unrepentant sociopath complete with Napoleonic complex! R.I.P. Calculated, Machiavellian Ben
  • The promise of actual action and confrontation spoiled by the Season finale promo.

Really now, what Lost viewer really thought Jack's big plan to blow up the Others was really going to work before seeing the nexr episode's promo.Since it has been reported that Lost will continue til 2010,much of the anticipation of the upcoming confrontation between the Flight 815 castaways and the Others is lost. Since it hasn't been reported that Terry o'quinn had been arrested for drunk driving like Michelle Rodriguez was, I'm sure John Locke will survive his gunshot wound. I can only hope that some event occurs to wipe the smirks off of both Ben and Juliet.
  • Dick van Dyke meets the beatles and Liam Neeson

Not a bad episode overall, especially as they seem to be making it up as they go along. What I don't understand is how they can spend millions of dollars and get the accents of Charlie's family and friends so badly wrong, a mixture of Dick van Dyke the beatles and Liam Neeson.
    I used to look forward to the next episode, now I can't wait for it to end.
  • Charlie's "Greatest Hits" revealed!!

“Greatest Hits” provides a good segway into the season finale. However, I felt this episode was a tad messy. The overall story was captivating, and the end was heart-attack inducing (as per usual), but something was just odd. It mostly has to do with the flashbacks. Once they got going, I understood that each of these flashbacks is one of Charlie’s “greatest hits”. However, like I said, it felt messy going back and fourth so many time periods of Charlie’s life. Plus, the “6 hours ago” (I think it was six) flashback to the Others felt very out of place. Interesting, but out of place. In no way do I doubt Stephen Williams’s direction; he’s proved himself over and over again. I guess he was just taking a new route for this episode?

Also, I hate to say it, but at times I questioned the relevance of the flashbacks. I certainly didn’t want another “Stranger in a Strange Land” for Charlie. However, the heart-wrenching “hits” they each revealed totally makes up for any kind of “SIASL” similarities.

I never pegged Charlie as the “greatest hits” type, but his list just makes me love him even more. I knew the #1 hit was going to have something to do with Claire; I just wasn’t sure exactly what. I thought possibly their first kiss, but the moment Charlie picked is simply adorable and truly meaningful.

I laughed at the DS ring. I can’t remember the name it stands for, but it’s cool that it originally had nothing to do with Drive Shaft. And Liam talking about how he’ll never get married and have kids was humorously ironic.

The (re-)flashback to the Wonderwall scene made me think. I’m sure other people will notice this, but Desmond did not appear. I know that that has to do with his time travel, of course – but I got to thinking about how each event leads to another, and the whole space-time continuum craziness. Was Desmond really there the first time? Would Charlie remember seeing him (as some drugged-up guy on the street, of course)? Could Desmond’s interference have caused Charlie to be a second too late to help the woman in the ally? If TPTB ever decide to delve into the topic of time travel again, it will be interesting to see if this particular scene is readdressed. And I know most of this is rambling, but I really am fascinated by the concept of time travel!

I was whole-heartedly expecting Charlie to die. I was sooo happy when LOST appeared and he was still alive! Of course I want him to live, but let’s save any drama for the season finale. I couldn’t go into the final episode knowing Charlie is dead. Anyway, here’s hoping for the best.

Back on the main beach, I still don’t know where to stand when it comes to Juliet. She didn’t have much character development this episode, but I’m still on the fence about exactly how truthful she’s being. I liked seeing Karl. For some reason he just make me laugh. Plus, if he saves the Losties, he gets major points.

I’m happy Sayid stood up to Jack and told him to take the camp the tower instead of staying on the beach. The group scenes, especially when Kate said, “Here we go again” strongly reminded me first season glory. It’s so strange that THREE years ago the raft was launched and the hatch was opened. Those were the days…

Speaking of the hatch, where is Locke?! Is he alive?! The writers sure know how to reel us in for the season finale! And what an explosive finale it looks like it will be – no pun intended.
  • ...Ok as build up to the finale.

-What I liked about this episode were the flashbacks: Usually, I feel like the flashbacks interrupt the more interesting story on the island, but this time they were cleverly woven into the main plot. Plus, they weren't too long.
    -I think the writers want us to know that Ben's using Jacob to get his way. If he wants something to happen, he just says "Jacob wants it to happen", regardless of Jacobs true will
    -I think he will loose his leadership soon (maybe to Locke?) because he doesn't represent the islands will anymore but rather his own will -The episode, especially the flashbacks were very emotional. And surprisingly: I liked it, it wasn't cheesy at all. I especially liked the two scenes with Charly and Liam
    -The first scene with Jack and the Losties was more than illogical. Why would Jack prepare a fancy demonstration (and waste TNT & cable btw), he could 've just told the Losties about his plan. But hey, it's a TV Show, let's blow up a tree just for the fun of it ;)
    -And where did Sayid get the "Looking Glass"-map all of the sudden?
    -Another thing that bugs me: How do you jam a sat-phone signal with a radio frequency? Alright, alright. Enough of the nitpicking ;)

-About Charly: What?! We are told he'll die during the whole episode and then he doesn't? C'mon, it's LOST ;)
    -So Charly saved Nadja, another connection.... meh ... 7.5/10
  • Solid episode, but not above average

Overall, very good for a Charlie episode, the flashbacks feel alittle contrived but relate to the title of the episode so not overly contrived, the beach preparation gets you in the mood of anticipation for what is coming in the final, the ending doesn't pay off sadly in a way, you may already see this coming, and it feels rather mid-point than a cliffhanger or resolved, but that's ok, in comparison to the first few episodes of season 3, this is still a fairly good, but not brilliant episode well worth your time and sets the foundation, for what is sure to be, a memorable season finally.
  • Lost isn't lost anymore.. they'we found their way!

I was really upset by this episode. But not in a bad way.
    Charlies self sacrefise and his memories were heartbreaking, almost made me cry (and that's not easy for me to do!). I'm really looking forward to see the season finale next week, and (I know a little against the rest of you) really hoping there will be another season.
    This episode was a little similar to Jean Reno's "The Great Blue" and thats increddible!
    Anyhow, there was only one thing this episode left me begging for, and that was just a little hint on whats to come. Yeah I know they talked about "The Others" and how they are comming and ewerything, but thats nothing new in this show... I whould like to see more about the great big box and all those other things on the island.
  • A Charlie-centric episode.

All things considered, I thought that this was an absolutely amazing episode. This is definitely my favorite of all the Charlie-centric episodes that Lost has ever had. In my opinion, this is also the best Charlie-centric episode they've ever had in the history of the show. All of the flashbacks of Charlie's life in this episode were great. Although, I'm feeling pretty sad about the fact that the writers killed Charlie off since he has always been one of my top favorite characters since the beginning of the show. It was great getting to see Rose and Bernard again since I'm very intrigued by them. In closing, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost from everyone involved, and I can't wait to watch the two part season three finale on my DVD set so I can find out how the season ends.
  • sad

Jack learns of the Others' plan to ambush the survivors and kidnap their pregnant women, and he comes up with a plan to kill the Others with dynamite. In order for Sayid to be able to send out a distress signal from Naomi's satellite phone, Charlie swims down to an underwater Dharma station that is jamming all transmissions. Charlie writes down the five greatest moments of his life. This episode was a real emotional episode and one of my favourite characters ever was certianly going to his death, Charlie was the reason I got into Lost becuase I'm a big fan of the Lord of the rings and I saw him on the advert so I decided to give it ago and now look where I'm. Very, very sad episode of Lost.
  • Charlie's greatest hits!

Charlie has flashbacks to five of the greatest moments in his life. They are: 5) when he heard his song on the radio, 4) when his dad taught him to swim, 3) when Liam gave him the family ring, 2) when a woman called him a hero, and 1) meeting Claire.

Karl comes to warn everyone that the Others are coming sooner than they expected. Danielle is helping them to stop them by blowing them up with dynamite. Sayid learns of the Looking Glass station underwater, where they'll be able to communicate with the outside world. Desmond has another vision of Charlie's death. Charlie volunteers to swim there and pull the switch and potentially drown. Jack leads everyone else to the radio tower where they might communicate with Naomi's phone. Charlie arrives there, but there are two people standing guard that catch him.

This episode was great! I really enjoyed the flashbacks! I loved the ending! It was a sad episode...I give it a 10 out of 10!
  • Special episode setting actions for season finale.

Charlie episode and it has been long since he was in the focus and had flashbacks. i adore that those flashbacks were different - not so much connected to the story going on the island rather than the character. It does not look good for Charlie as he has been in position of possible death almost half season and now, it looks more and more he is not going back. The only problem is, that i thought, if they are going to kill him, he will get more farewells. Anyway, the cable in the beach story got it's answers and we finally will see the radio tower too. Beautiful episode, very emotional. The Charlie theme ofcourse added it, but not only he... Desmond who started to think that maybe he should die instead and Sayid who was so easily read to sacrifice himself to blow the camp. Super episode.
  • great episode

Desmond informs Charlie that he will die, but this time, he needs to die. Jack shares his plan with his fellow survivors. Sayid devises a plan to send out a signal to a ship 18 miles away. Just as the survivors thought that they are a step ahead of the others, they get a visit from one of the survivors, warning them that the others are on the way. This episode keeps us on edge right from the start, the anticipation is long, but there's enough story to fill up the episode. It's so engaging, I enjoyed every minute of it.
  • Ok, Apart From The Ending Which Was Amazing

I Only Rated This Episode a 10 Because Of The Ending, When Charlie Gets Held At Gun Point. The Episode Was Ok, But I Think All Episodes Before The Finale Aren't That Revealing Because They Are Just Leading Up To a Massive Conclusion In The Next Episode. But It Was Quite Good :)
  • In this episode, Desmond tells Charlie that he has to die for the good of the rest of the survivors. We get revealing flashbacks about the best moments of Charlie's life and we see how what Desmond said to Charlie affects his relationship with Claire.

Warning: If you haven't seen the episode, don't read this. It's full of spoilers.

I didn't like second season and I haven't liked most of this season. But this episode was one of my favorites of the series. When I say it's a tearjerker, I mean I started crying about ten minutes into the episode and then started bawling about twenty minutes later. During commercial breaks, I was searching for my Kleenex box. We see Charlie saying goodbye to Claire without really saying goodbye to Claire. Needless to say, this is the part when I started bawling so hard I could barely breathe. He tells Aaron he loves him and Aaron to take care of his mom for Charlie. And then he talks to Claire. He asks her to promise not to worry about him. He doesn't tell her he loves her, but it's clear she'll find out later. She asks him to be careful and they share a sweet kiss, which, somehow had me crying even harder. There are a few inaccuracies in this episode. The biggest one is that a fair amount of people saw in episode 104 that Charlie can't swim and then, in this episode, he apparently could swim and everyone believed him. Also, in 103, we see when Charlie and Claire meet. And in this episode we see a completely different way they meet. It's far more touching and beautiful than the first one, but the fact that they changed it was kind of irritating. The new version of the first time they met is probably my favorite flashback in the history of Lost flashbacks. The end of the episode was heartbreaking. Charlie was writing a list of the best moments in his life and number one on that list said "The night I met you." He was out in a boat with Desmond and he asked him to give it to Claire. This simple request suddenly has Desmond telling Charlie that he'll do it instead to hopefully save Charlie. I hated Desmond the entire episode before this moment, when I shouted "I love you, Desmond!" to the TV. Charlie reminds Desmond of Penny, saying "What about your girl." In my head, I insisted that he probably wouldn't see her again anyway and that Charlie would see Claire every day if he didn't go on this suicide mission. Desmond replies, "What about your girl?" He hands Charlie his letter to Claire back. Charlie knocks Desmond unconscious, puts his letter to Claire back in Desmond's pocket, and goes on his suicide mission. At the end of the episode, he's still alive, but likely won't be for much longer. I'll never be able to look at peanut butter the same.

I promised myself that, if Charlie dies, I'll stop watching, so I probably won't be watching next season.
  • Jack, Sawyer and others receive word from Karl that the others are actually planning an attack a night earlier than they expected.

A decent build-up for the season finale even though this was largely a Charlie oriented episode. They didn't really need this much attention on Charlie since most fans know his story by now. Unless they are really going to kill off Charlie, then this episode could have trimmed down a bit.

Anyway, though, the confrontation is coming. Essentially this next to last episode attempts to wrap up a lot of loose ends from previous episodes (Juliet the spy is now with Jack), (Locke is shot down and possibly dead), after a lot of back and forth fights with the Survivors and Others this might actually be the final blow.

Throughout the last couple of episodes, the writers have given us more backstory into Locke, Charlie, Hurley and even the leader of the Others. While a lot of material they haven't presented isn't new, it still fills in a couple of puzzles. Like in the previous episode, we see how Ben grows up to be such a dictator. His dad hates him since Ben caused the death of his mother through childbirth. Here we see more of the backstory with Charlie.

It'll be interesting to see how they end the season finale.
  • Not what we expected, in either the flashback or the ending

Well, we're almost at the end of the season, and as is the custom we expect some huge revelations. We get more than a few in 'Greatest Hits', but after everything we've seen it might seem as a disappointment that the focus of the flashback is not someone more central but rather Charlie, who's been on the cusp of things all season, but never been in focus. But there's more to it than that.

First of all, we found out what the hell Jack has been planning ever since he learned Juliet was the mole, which he's known since 'D.O.C.' His plan is to wait for when the Others come to their campground, and have their tents set up with the dynamite from the 'Black Rock' When the Others arrive, he plans to blow them to bits. But Jack is so focused on his vision of vengeance, he seems to have forgotten Naomi and hopes of rescue. This is understandable, because when she became public knowledge, rather than celebrate their eminent rescue, they all started bickering about why Desmond and Hurley kept this a secret, and why no one told Jack. At one point Naomi actually says "Don't you people want to be rescued?" and it's a fair question, given the way people have been behaving. When Sayid raises the question, it finally seems to rouse Jack, and they focus us on a project that no one's followed up on since Day 2--- finding the radio tower where Rousseau's message was being broadcast from. Now we learn something even more tangent--- the signal is also being jammed by another Dharma station called the Looking Glass. According to Juliet, it's underwater and has been unmanned for years. But Sayid (who must have liberated the schematics when he was searching the Flame station in 'Enter 77') thinks he can find. But in order to turn it off, someone has to go underwater and do it manually.
    Once again, Jack dillies and dallies, but not for long. Minutes later, Karl (who has been persona non grata since Sawyer turned him loose in 'Stranger in a Strange Land') turns up with another warning ---- the Others are coming right now. This leads to a fascinating side route. Ben returns to the Others camps and, rather than answer anyone's question about Locke, he instead tells the Other that he's moving up the timetable. When Richard asks why, he says Jacob ordered it. This was the first time I suspected that Ben really hadn't been talking to anyone, cause I'm damn sure Jacob didn't tell him that. He also gives a gun back to Alex which he says she gave to Locke, but we will soon know that, too, was a lie. Ben is trying to regroup but things are spinning out of control. And Alex is the one who betrays him by telling Karl to warn the passengers. This proves that she was never really an Other, and that she clearly doesn't think Ben was ever her father. We won't see the true ramifications of this for another episode.

So when Karl comes, they have to drastically alter their plans, which leads to them leaving three behind ---- Sayid, Jin and Bernard (Yes, Rose and Bernard are back after having been gone all season. Nothing good can come from this) But what does any of this have to do with Charlie? Desmond has another of his visions in this episode, one that would seem to lead to rescue. (Given what we will later learn, I question the veracity of this, too, but let's let it go for now.) In order for this to happen, Charlie has to die (which may have been the reason Desmond had to save him all those times in the first place.) So, without knowing the details, he volunteers to go on a suicide mission underwater. (Now we have a glitch: on Day 6, a woman died when she went out swimming, and Charlie said he didn't swim.. Not he can't swim; he doesn't. Now possibly Charlie was still going through the bad part of his heroin addiction so he was afraid of dying, but why wouldn't Jack remember this? Maybe he was too focus on the drowning woman.) Anyway, Charlie says he can go.

Up until now, all of the flashbacks have been pretty unhappy moments for everybody, with little joy. When Jack got married or performed a miracle surgery on a woman, or when Locke found love with Helen, subsequent flashbacks would destroy them, so they would be very painful moments. Even Hurley's flashbacks which have been funny were painful moments to him as well. Charlie has been no different; has flashbacks have shown how he gave upo his religion to become a rock star, watched his band fall apart, while his brother got clean, and he was unable to accept that he was a has been.

But now, Charlie knows he's about to die, and he's decided that if the last 90 days have been a gift from some kind of benevolent entity, he's going to take only positive memories with him. We've seen Charlie's father as a cruel man, but now he's a proud papa. Liam has been seen as an enabler who destroyed his brother even as he cleaned himself back up; now we see two flashbacks where he showed them moment of pure happiness, where they showed him a gift. We've seen Charlie act cowardly in the face of adversity; now we see him save a woman's life in an alleyway (Interestingly, the woman was Nadia, Sayid's beloved who he's still searching from. Ironically, this took place in London, and we know that 'The Greater Good' Sayid spent time there. They may have just missed each other.) And the greatest moment of his life? The moment he met Claire. And we know right away he thought she was special. He was wearing his hood, meaning he was on drugs, but when he saw her, he took the hood off. He makes his final goodbyes. He leaves his Driveshaft ring (which we know has great significance to him in flashback #3) in Aaron's cradle, passing it down to his adopted son. Then it is lost (but it will turn up again, and I have no doubt there is still significance to it) He has a clingy moment with Hurley, even though there's a hint of malice in it. And when Desmond offers to take his place one last time, he makes sure that can't happen, and bravely jumps in.

Except he doesn't. Despite everything we've learned, he find a gap, and pulls himself to freedom. But his elation is short lived, as two Others emerge from the Looking Glass armed and really upset. Looks like Ben has been lying again. As I am a sentimental sap, I can't help but cheer to find him alive, wondering what will happen next

'Greatest Hits' isn't a perfect episode (it tries to cram in a lot of information in one hour, and does leave some gaps) and there area few holes that the series hasn't tried to explain for another season. But it does set things up for the season finale, which will be a total game changer for everybody.
  • You all everybody...

"Greatest Hits" is the latest album that Drive Shaft released, but only due to the knowledge of Charlie's death. Apparently, the band released a greatest hits album when they found out that Charlie's plain crashed. In this episode though, "Greatest Hits" could be referring to the 5 best moments in Charlie's life, these moments, he listed all throughout the episode, with flashbacks of each one.

The Flashback:

Greatest Hits #5:

"The first time I heard myself on the radio." That was #5 on Charlie's best moments. That was probably a dream come true for his band because they were working hard and playing at small gigs and then one day, *poof!*, they hear their song on the radio!

Greatest Hits #4:

"Dad teaching me to swim at Butlins." I have no idea why this was #4 on his list. It wasn't like he was a very good swimmer, he lied about it even. He told Jack that he could hold his breath for 4 minutes, but that was a huge lie. So I have no idea why this was on his list, I guess they just ran out of ideas, or maybe just for the sake of connecting it with what was happening on the island.

Greatest Hits #3:

"The Christmas Liam gave me the ring." They finally explain to us why the band's name is "Drive Shaft," but its not like anyone card much for the name anyway. I liked the part in the island where he gave Aaron the ring, that was great!

Greatest Hits #2:

"Woman outside Covent Garden calls me a Hero." This was obviously for the sake of connection of what was happening in the island. If this happened to anyone else, I doubt they'd really even remember doing that. Anyway, he wants to be a hero, he can be a hero.

Greatest Hits #1:

"The night I met you. (Claire)" This one was quite predictable, but it was great that he put it on his list! This was a great, "Bye! I'm going to kill myself to save you now!" for Claire. You can really tell that Charlie would make a good father for Aaron and a great husband to Claire.

The Island:

Karl warns the Losties that the others would be attacking one night earlier. That being said, the Losties had no time to prepare. Their plan was originally to blow up the tents with the dynamite from a distance, but now they'd have to make a bigger risk! Rousseau decided to help them with the dynamite and she got Bernard and Jin to help her activate the dynamites. That's right! Bernard and Rose are back! After about a season, they decided to bring back those two recurring stars. It was good to see them, but it was weird that they suddenly disappeared for awhile! Everyone else will be going to the radio tower while Danielle, Jin and Bernard attempt to kill the others. Jack is finally taking control, but it seems to get annoying.

Desmond tells Charlie that he will rescue the Losties from the island, but Charlie would have to die. That being said, Charlie risks his life for Aaron and Claire's safety. They follow the cable to sea, but when Charlie gets to the station, he receives a welcome he never expected! This episode had a great cliffhanger; perfect for the season finale next week!
  • Pathway to the finale.

Greatest Hits has been written with an intention to serve as nothing but a pathway to the grand finale expected next week. However, unlike some of the episodes that we were witness to this season , this was emotionally loaded and rightly so.

Just to reiterate a segment of what happened in this episode, Desmond informs Charlie that the rescue of the survivors is hinged on his death. Hence charlie decides to take a up a dangerous assignment that seemingly will result in his death.So as charlie prepares himself for the ordeal the viewers are taken through moments in charlie's life that are close to his heart.It is in these sequences that the writers have really performed a great job. Charlie so far had been depicted as a poignant yet good hearted junkie.And these moments seek to score on the sympathy quotient as we witness some touching moments of charlie's messed up life. Although at the end, Desmond offers to take up charlie's position in the ordeal ,charlie's decides to risk his life for the safety of all. As was expected charlie isn't dead yet.I think charlie is just too important to this story line to be killed off.However the ending as always only raised more questions.

All in all a great emotionally laced episoded intended to plug away at the heartstrings.Lost has had this pattern of "set episodes" where one episodes sets it up nicely for a dramatic subsequent episode.And "Greatest Hits" serves to do the same for what should be an explosive,violent and adrenaline guzzling finale.
  • Another great installment to the already fantastic season.

It was a good episode, highly tensed and very touching because it was expected Charlie's fate will be decided in this one. I wasn't expecting it to end the way it did. Thought it will be like Charlie suffocating in water fighting for his life and then the Lost title card and trade mark ending sound or some other thing leaving us perplexed as to what will happen to charlie but with the way it ended it leaves room for more interesting things to happen.

The flashback was good, it did its job in making us think that was the end for Charlie taking us through the best moments in his life from his own perspective.The brief conversation between Charlie and Naomi was interesting as Charlie was able to learn a bit of what was happening in the world following the aftermath of the crash.

Jack's plan for the "others" was expected, I watched the previews so I was expecting most of this but not Rosseau to be involved. It was also nice seeing Rose and Bernard after some while. Its going to be a nail-biting season finale, can't wait.
  • Jack takes action. Sayid takes action. Charlie and Desmond take action. Action everywhere!

A few things stand out in this episode. I really like how we are brought back to the cable on the beach, something we all recognize from season 1 and yet, it does not seemed forced into the plot at all. It was a very believeable explanation and connection to DHARMA. Charlie's flashbacks did not make me want to punch him. In fact, I thought they were kinda cool. But Bernard/Rose's first appearance all seas bothers me since it just for plot purposes. I liked how they usually have a slight thoughtful/touching impact on the other survivors. Not here.
  • More action than unanswered questions - finally!

More action than unanswered questions - finally! Altough mysteries can be good, too, or else I wouldn't be watching this series, this was way much better. Charlie's death was becoming a joke ("you're gonna die" - when? everybody dies one day, so it's a meaningless statement by itself), and finally it can have a meaning. It's a good day to die, the indians used to say. But I'm afraid there's not much of a choice here, they can't be rescued yet. Or maybe some more helicopters come, but none of them will leave. I'm so looking forward to see the look on Ben's face when his team gets kicked in the *ss and blown up, but I'm sure that he won't give up and leave the survivors alone even if this really happens.
  • Charlie risks his life for the better of everyone else. The castaways finalize their plans for the arrival of the Others. Karl returns with a warning that may alter their plans.

A very pivotal episode that nicely sets up next week's season finale. Jack takes everyone out to the jungle to along with the help of Danielle show how he plans to deal with the arrival of the others. We see that the dynamite Danielle took from the black rock was for the plan to combate the arrival of the Others by blowing them up. Juliet would mark the tents like she is supposed to only inside will be the explosives instead of the pregnant women. Sayid tries to tell Jack about the satellite phone and the boat that is 80 miles offshore but Juliet tells him an under water station "The Looking Glass" jams all signals. So is up to the illfated Charlie to swim down and turn a switch off and then according to the premonitions of Desmond drown. This episode features some of the nicest and most heartwarming flashback as Charlie counts down the 5 best moment in his life. At the beach Karl arrives to tell all the castaways the Others are coming a night early. Jack and company decide to change their plans and decide on 3 shooters to aim at the tents in order to set off the explosives. They are Sayid, Bernard, and Jin. Jack leads the rest of the castaways to the radio tower. Out in the water Desmond tells Charlie to hang onto his list of memories and that he will go down. Charlie knocks out Desmond realizing it is his time to go. Charlie swims down into the station and into an open area he gets above water and realizes he is alive. He is then greeted by 2 woman in the station with guns. Wow what an ending there and alright folks let the countdown to the big finale next week begin. I can't wait.
  • Charlie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie has flashbacks of the five best moments in his life which were : 5) The first time he heard his song on the radio, 4) The first time he jumped into a pool, 3) When a woman called him a hero, 2) When his brother gave him the family ring, 1) The moment he met Claire. It was so sad !!! Oh my god me and my friends were watching this episode on DVD and every one of us was crying. Also everyone on the camp get ready to go to war with the others. Jack will take everyone to the Radio tower even though Sayid was supposed to do that. Desmond has a flash farward. Desomond says that he saw Claire getting on a plane and being rescued but he also says that if Charlie dosen't die this time then that won't happen so Charlie is determined to face death. So to face death Charlie takes on the mission of getting to an underwater station so he can flip the switch which stops the others from blocking the transmissions and radio signals. When Charlie gets there two women with guns run out of a room and point a gun at him. Charlie giving Araon his family ring and the way he said goodbye to Hurley really saddened me. I know he's going to die but I just don't want it to happen. Favorite character from this episode : Charlie !!
  • I cried but I didn't sob. I would sob if it was Sawyer

Jin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so much
  • A great episode for Charlie!

The greatest hits are Charlie's most memorable moments, and they are memorable indeed. Even more so is that he is willing to sacrifice himself for his friends. As for the rest, they are busy preparing a trap for the others. It seems a little overkill to me to blow them up with dynamite. Normally I like when the characters get dark, so when I think it's overkill, it's too dark! Overall a good episode, and the ending seems to leave it open for a whole other set of others to learn about next season.
  • My Greatest hit, Noble Heroic

Ive always wanted Charlie to die but still Im glad we were able to see him leave on a good note are so we think. Ive never liked Jack but honestly sayid was also getting on my nerves they have always clashed even though Sayid and Jack are much stronger when working on the same side. The beginning was great especially to have half the cast. Juliet is still hiding somthing and so is Jack. The real episode was on Charlie and he was remembering all the great memories in his life I enjoyed the different flashbacks rathe then just a story. Desmonds role in the episode was good too sacricficeing his life rather then Charlie. Clarie should be more used! nice to see Rose and Bernard but is thier a salon hatch I dont know about because Roses hair! lol Lost has taken this season and really made it its own So many differences between seasons. As speculated Karl returned to warn them of the Others arival I enjoy the Karl Alex couple its the one relationship thats not confusing. Lockes Fate is unknown but Locke is defently not dead or at least for now. We will finally be able to see this infamous radio tower that Ive been wishing to see since the beginning. Everything in the episode was setting up for next weeks Season Finalie last episode untill Febuary 08 I would rather have 2 seasons with 24 episodes all season long rather then 3 more seasons with 16 episodes starting midseason. I mean 16 x 3 = 48 24x2=48 same amount.
  • Another great lead up to the finale. Another shocking ending!

These writers are genius - that's about 5 amazing cliffhanging, suspenseful endings in a row. And they haven't even touched the Locke scenario since last week's ending. Indeed, it will be an exciting 2 hour extravagant finale. Although not as exciting as last week, it had great plot and character development - and they finally show some characters that we haven't seen for a while! They might actually be saved (but seriously, who are we kidding) with that ship off the coast. But what on earth is going on in the underwater station!? The others abandoned it, so who are the women there? Jack's plan sounds good and I do hope they kick some serious Other-butt. I don't know who's going to die or who's going to live, but it certainly will be revealed next week. I really hope Locke is not dead, because that would be a shame - he's a great character and is really the reason why we know so much about the island and the others. (By the way it's only been only a -few- hours since he was shot, so it is still possible for him to still be alive, naturally, although there could be some supernatural component to it). I really enjoyed this episode because, again, all the characters were involved. Really liked the shocking ending. If I was Desmond I would have accepted fate and died a long time ago, but he gets another chance here. Brother Charlie has taken a sacrifice, but what has he really gotten himself into deep below the water's surface?
  • Poor Charlie!

Watching this episode at 12 at night didn't help my emotional state, but either way, this episode was horribly saddening. I couldn't focus truly on the whole Jack and Sayid arguing stuff in this episode, just Charlie. His flashbacks and his greatest hits, and the him and Claire moment was truly sensational. I hope he doesn't die, but it's as if it HAS to come true, which it might now. Maybe someone will save him like all the other times. And who exactly were those people at the station? Did Juliet lie again? -sigh- Well it's not entirely her fault, I guess. So this episode truly was an emotional, not bad, but emotional episode.
  • This is one episode that I'll never forget..

"Charlie prepares for his death"

In one of the best episodes for LOST, Charlie goes for his death this time predicted by Desmond, this time he will die though. It was very sad and emotional, Charlie's story was my main focus for this episode, not the others, I will really miss him.
    Alex sent Karl over to warn the survivors of flight 815 about the others coming at the very moment so BOOM they get ready for the great battle. I'm not counting on them to win though, the others seem to always find a way to beat them as we saw on the first two seasons. Charlie's flashback were revealing and good to see.. Probably the last one too, It's just really sad. I loved the scene of Charlie's first swim, Classic!
    But it was full on action as the survivors prepare for war against the others, it was great. The part where Charlie dropped into the sea was just sad, he made it out though, but two unknown women race out pointing guns at him...What will happen in the breathtaking finale???!!!!! Man I can't b***dy wait! This one was fantastic, a preparation or the most explosive finale ever for LOST.

Emotional and exciting...