Happily Ever After

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 06, 2010 on ABC

• I'm gonna need to watch that again

Amazing episode tonight filled with subtle clues. I haven't got them all yet and the full magnitude of the episode hasn't quite hit me but I have to say that Darlton just aired one of their most brilliantly written episodes of LOST yet. For all those beginning to lose faith: Finally. This is the episode that will make or break your interest for the rest of the show's entirety. Hopefully it made it. Now everyone who reads this, take a deep breath and repeat after me: 'There is definitely a link between the two timelines.' That case and debate is closed to any more arguments. Charlie's experience on the airplane and Charlie and Desmond's deep sea dive has given both of these characters the spiritual and mental enlightenment that all the LOST characters must experience or else they will be doomed.

This episode had plenty of wonderful great ironic turns from the original plot. The scene in the water between Desmond and Charlie had to be the most powerful. Now I must take time out to give a shoutout to Michael Giacchino for one of his best jobs on an episode in quite some time. His music in this episode is one of the reasons it may be elevated to one of the best at the show's end. LOST fans and admirers have always noticed that the musical score for the show is one of the vital things that makes LOST truly special; tonight was an example of that.

In closing my shorter than normal review, I have to ask a question: Should we be worried about Desmond? He seems to be very vulnerable right now as he will follow whichever side gets their hands on him. Or maybe this is showing us that it doesn't matter which side gets him, his purpose will still be fufilled. A lot to ponder until next week's episode which I believe is Hurley-centric and if I am not mistaken that centric episode will round out all the main characters left.