Lost

He's Our You

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 25, 2009 on ABC

• This Season 5 has been THE BEST season I've ever watched of television thus far. Yes, that is how strongly I feel about how terrific this season has been. I will confidently say that this season has been wonderful. Except for tonight's episode.

You know, I have watched this show since the pilot episode. I have never missed a new episode, and I consider myself a tremendous fan of LOST. I know anyone who reads this will feel the same. Well, at least I believe that to be true.

This Season 5 has been THE BEST season I've ever watched of television thus far. Yes, that is how strongly I feel about how terrific this season has been. I will confidently say that this season has been consistently wonderful. Except for tonight's episode.

Now, please let me explain why, without other users here simply marking my ranking of this episode as a 'thumbs-down' simply because they LOVE LOST and would never give an episode anything less than a perfect score, because, well, that would hurt this amazing show's overall score here on this website. But if we all rate each episode as PERFECT, than what are we truly judging? If anyone says that "LaFleur" or "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" aren't in the top 10 episodes of the show ever, then they aren't true fans. That is simply the truth. Those episodes are absolute 10s in every regard. "Namaste" last week? Pretty damn good, too. On to tonight's episode - it was disappointing. How could it not be after how amazing this season has been! I adore Sayid, but this episode did NOTHING to advance how amazing this season has been. It flat-lined, in many ways. It was almost boring at times, which I can only ever say about a few other episodes ever. I LOVE this show, but I honestly think the TRUE fans of this show, who have followed it devoutly from the beginning and genuinely adore the characters, KNOW that this episode was poor. I cannot (as always) wait for next week's episode. It cannot help but be a huge improvement upon this week. Even the ending, as all of us true fans know, was a joke. We know Ben lives on. I wish the writers and producers would stop trying to make us feel like idiots - we DO know the score!