Lost

House of the Rising Sun

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 27, 2004 on ABC

• You speak... english?

Much like "Tabula Rasa" this episode was focusing on the characters instead of the mythology. The best Lost episodes are always focusing on both elements of the show with a few expections. The Sun/Jin duo was always interesting, and they felt really "off", so it's not a surprise that they finally get an episode.

It's always nice to learn about different cultures,especially if they're portrayed with accuracy. I think in this case we can say that. The other important thing the flashback shed some light on is that Jin wasn't always a jerk that he is on the island. For me, the high point of the episode was Sun's reveal to Michael that he can speak english. That was really something I didn't see coming at all, and simply adds to the already dodgy relationship between Sun and Jin.

My biggest complaint is the ending. Last episode I found the musical montage a bit shakey, well, this time it was plain bad. The music wasn't fitting at all, and it's just not a good thing to top off a slow episode with an even slower montage in the end. Should've ended with a bang - in my opinion. Oh well, nonetheless, good episode, but nothing special.