Lost

Ji Yeon

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 13, 2008 on ABC

Episode Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

• That was Lost perfection, in my opinion.

I give Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim HUGE props and kudos for this one, they just beautifully acted throughout the entire episode and made it astoundingly believable. First, on the boat "Kevin" is revealed to us. *cough* not it's Micheal! Woot. I never really liked him in the first place though, but it gives people on the forums something to talk about. On the other side of the spectrum, when Sun threatened to leave the camp, Juliet had to reveal to Jin that Sun thought it wasn't her baby(she was cheating). And then the whole karma thing went on, I really enjoyed that scene... and in the end on the island, Sun and Jin made up. I thought after that scene that this was a beautiful episode and yay they live happily ever after, but guess what, flashforward and we see Sun mourning Jin being dead... that seriously was just, splendid acting and it made me want to cry so yea... loved this episode to pieces. Can't wait to see more of Sun and Jin in the future.
  • A very different episode of Lost

For those of you who are clueless about what happen in this episode, let me explain. This was a flashback and a flashfoward. Jin had the flashback and Sun had the flashfoward. The reason why I know this is because in Jin's part of the episode he says that he has only been married for two months and in Sun's part of the episode Jin is already dead. Now on to my review, this was a very good episode because Sun was actually able to have her baby and it was beautiful. I am so happy that she did not die and that she was able to get off the island. And thanks to Juliet, Jin now knows that Sun had an affair and that the baby is his. My favorite scene was at the end when Jin found out it was his baby. Another big shocker was that Micheal is Ben's spy but to be truthful i kinda saw that one coming since their have been rumors that Micheal's character will be coming back. I hope that next weeks episode is going to be good, I just wish that their will be a new episode of lost every week.
  • I'm too drunk to be philosophical but Jin's not dead...

... the date on the tombstone was the date of the plane's crash. He's only presumed dead... just like the rest of the survivors except the Oceanic 6. Anyone who didn't make it off the island has flashbacks; ie, Juliet, Desmond, Jin... anyone who did get off, has flash forwards. At the grave site, Sun said she missed him and asked for him during the delivery but she never said he was dead. Obviously, the Oceanis 6 made a deal that stipulated they couldn't talk about the other survivors for some unknown reason. That reason, when it's all said and done will be the biggest shocker... I assume, but like I said... I'm drunk.

Also, the writer's knew everyone assumed Michael was "the spy" which is why they revealed him without a lot of drama. That's what makes LOST such a great show... it adapts.
  • WOW AMAZING! I ALMOST CRAPPED MY PANTS WATCHING!

WOW!
    I know everyone was saying that Michael's return was televised and that everyone was able to easily find out who Ben's spy on the boat was, but honestly, who cares! Did you all just not watch an amazing episode with some high quality writing! Oh yes! The writer's strike is definitely over!
    All I can say is that this episode was not only pivotal, but amazing. The flash-forwards concentrated on Sun and the birth of her new baby. However, throughout the episode, the show also revealed scenes with Jin. But the thing is, near the END of the episode, Jin said that he has only been married for two months, and when Hurley and Sun go to Jin's grave, we begin to see a whole different story. Which also brings another question....who is the final person of the Oceanic 6? I thought it was Jin, but now that we have seen Jin's tombstone, who is it? Unless you count Aaron. Who knows! All I am saying is that I am glad Lost has gone back to some great writing and the following episodes will probably be as amazing as this. I can't wait!
  • After tonight's episode, I can say Lost has gotten its old groove back. And I'm happier for it.

An episode like this reminds me why I fell in love with Lost in the first place. While I love the mysteries of the island, and am as anxious as anyone to know more, it was ultimately the characters that hooked me. It's been a long time that I've seen a show with such 3-dimensional, interesting, complex, evolving, mysterious characters as I've seen on Lost.
    I've always liked the Sun/Jin storyline, the whole evolution of it. From Jin being a domineering control freak, to learning why he's like. From him being mad at Sun, first for hiding that she knew English, to having an affair. It seems his love for her is undying.
    Tonight we got a whole new twist on their relationship. If that's what you want to call it. It seems, especially after this episode, that relationships break down after leaving the island. I don't know if it's one of the 'effects' of leaving the island, but I could see it being part of the lies the survivors have to tell afterwards. But I need to know... does Sun really think Jin is dead? Or is that another lie she needs to keep up?
  • Pretty good episode, but not the best and not much happens to forward the story. (contains spoilers)

Okay… so this is probably going to seem like a random stream of consciousness, but I wrote it as things happened in the episode so it's mostly a list of questions the episode raised and responses to them. But it should pretty much summarize the episode!

A girl is guarding Sayid and Desmond's room, but for some reason her book was upside down. Obviously she wasn't doing what she was supposed to be doing. Sun is off the island!!!! It's the future and she's having pregnancy problems?? Jin is also off the island. He's running around trying to buy a stuffed panda. Back on the island Kate tells Jin and Sun about the "gas factory" where Charlotte and Daniel ran off to. She scares them by saying "they talked about a lot of things and none of them involved rescuing us" after Sun asks if they are there to rescue them. Back on the freighter, Sayid and Desmond get a note under the door. Is it from the spy on the boat? Dunno. But it says "DON'T TRUST THE CAPTAIN." Back on the island again, Sun asks Daniel if they are there to rescue them, but he says he doesn't know because it isn't his call. Uh oh! And here's sort of a side note, but isn't Jin's "broken" English way too good?? He knows the most random words and can speak way too fluently for someone who is just learning English. Either he's a really bad actor, the lines are really bad, or there is something about Jin that they aren't telling us, like he already spoke English or something. Anyways… now Sun and Jin have decided to go back to Lock's camp. Won't Sun die?? Why is Kate helping them? Bernard says Rose was dying before they got on the island, but wasn't dying now because of island. She want to go back home anyway. On the freighter, a girl jumped off ship with chains and kills herself. The captain tells Desmond and Sayid that Mr. Widmore (sp?) is owner of boat. Yay! Desmond finally finds out! The captain shows Sayid and Desmond the black box from flight 815 that was found with plane and all 300-some dead passengers. He talks about what a huge effort someone went through to fake the crash. Where does one come across 300-some dead bodies?? That's why they're there for Ben. Off the island and in the future, Sun has her baby as she calls out for Jin. On the freighter they reveal MICHEAL!!!! Aka Johnson?? But I feel like I already knew who it was going to be, so whatever. On the island, Jin forgives Sun. Will they go to Locke's camp? No. They need to get off the island because the people have a helicopter and they need to get off the island to save their baby. Was Jin in the past or the future? Weird!?! And where's Jin because he isn't in the hospital with Jin. Hurley shows up at Sun's apartment, but nobody else is coming. Hurley and Sun go to the cemetery to visit Jin's grave. He's dead :( Sort of a surprise, but at the same time it was predictable. Wait… I thought they were going to reveal the oceanic six? Does that mean that Jin died after he came back or are they not counting him as one of the oceanic six? Aw! She gave him the baby's name that he chose.

Okay, so it was a pretty good episode. Not the best, but still pretty good. A little too predictable and stuff, but raises even more questions about stuff, which is always good because it's fun to guess! Yay! I can't wait til next week's episode. It looks like it's going to be really good! Once again, I'm really sorry about the randomness of this review!
  • This episode is centered around Jin and Sun,with flashforwards revealing Sun gets off the island and gives birth to her baby and flashback of Jin. The ending is very sad and emotional, and the parallel story on the freighter was suspenseful.

This episode was probably myfavorite episode of the season so far, next to The Constant. I always love the Sun/Jin stories and this one was exceptional. The ending was very emotional and tear-jerking when it was revealed that Jin had died before Sun gave birth to her daughter, choosing the name that Jin had picked while on the island. I loved how we did not know that Jin's story was a flashback until the end, which made the episode all the more emotional. The little touch of Hurley and Sun together at the cemetary was nicely done and Sun's conversation with Jin was beautiful. The parallel story on the freighter was also very suspenseful, with people on the boat becoming insane and killing themselves and the cliffhanger reveal of Kevin Johnson who is really Michael, the apparent spy Ben had sent onto the freighter. This was an unbelievable episode.
  • Did anyone catch the date on the gravestone? 9/22/2004! the date of the crash!!

Great episode. Did anyone else catch the death date on the gravestone. It is 9/22/2004, the same date as the plane crash. Does this mean that perhaps they are staging his death as he is still on the island? Or maybe he is alive off the island, but working for either Ben or Mr. Paik, who is an associate of Charles Widmore? Hmmmmm... Maybe there is more truth to Jack's story during his testimony at Kate's trial than they are letting onto. Maybe the time shift has affected the way in which the activities on the island have occured; specifically maybe all the on-island action so far has happened roughly instantaneosly to the outside world?

Cheers
  • That was shocking!

OK all I can say is wow!

Those sneaky writers just when I thought it was all about flash forwards. They go and sneak in a flash forward and a flash back and we don't know it till the end, Sneaky!

Oh and then you have all the ship's crew going nuts and killing themselves. Plus the captain isn't concerned when a woman wraps herself in chains and jumps off the boat. Plus the blood stains off the wall which leads to meeting "kevin Johnson." Did anyone else see that it was Michael coming? After all he was credited all season long.
  • A Jin and Sun episode but also Juliet and the guys on the boat. Clever parallel storytelling, a surprise return character (well, the actor's name has been up front on the credits all season...) a touching ending.

The last of the six is shown in flash forward, the question is what happens to the others, er, rest, of the Flt 815 Lostees. One's fate is now known, but you kind of expect the whole time travel, time loop shtick to maybe reverse things? Jin and Sun plan to abandon Team Jack and go to Team Locke but Juliet pulls out the stops to change their minds. Sayid and a befuddled Desmond are still on the ship and the crew are a whacked out bunch, the Captain gives up some interesting info, and that guy pushing a wet mop looks pretty familiar. A Solid Hit!
  • This is has to the best episode of this season so far.

I love Sun and Jin, Always loved them as a couple, as people and always loved their story and flashbacks. This episode exploded by having two different types of things, I don't want to give it away. All I'm saying that some people may be mad, because I am, the ending made me cry like a baby. But just because I'm mad, does not mean this is not a great eposide. Michael is back, well Kevin(Spolier). Anyways, this season is going great, keep it up and this show may actually start winning Golden Globes and Emmys again. Love Lost, The best show on television. Just wanted to say that. Thanks for reading.
  • This episode shows how Lost has evolved as a show.

For the first few seasons, this would have simply been a filler episode with no meat beyond the main characters' story. But this episode makes progress on multiple fronts. Not only do we finally get an answer to the "man on the boat" non-mystery (yes, it's the obvious reveal), but we also get anotehr glimpse into the future, in regards to Jin and Sun's baby.

The flash-forwards reveal not only the birth of the eponymously named baby, but also give us a future mystery vis-a-vis her father. (And was it just me, or was Hurley's visit a little strange?)

On the freighter, more off-island insanity. At least two more crazies on the boat. One decided to take a swim wrapped in chains, and another decided to eat a bullet at some point. What is it with these freighter people?

Next week's episode promises another death. Is it just me, or are the suvivors starting to get killed off at an accelerated rate?

BTW, given Kate's episode, my money's on Claire. She no longer seems important to the story. Also, consider Jack's story about the Oceanic 6 having originally been 8 survivors. Does that mean we get 2 deaths? Is one of the Jin?
  • Jin and Sun Episode.

Well just got done watching Lost. I must say that is one of the weakest episodes of the new season so far. Although there was a clever thing done by the writers by trying to make the viewers second guess the whole Jin/Sun flashback and flash forward thing, there just wasn't enough for this episode to get a higher rating. The one thing that this episode did have going for it was everything that happened on the boat. That seemed to be the strongest thing that this episode had going for it. Also there was no way you couldn't have known that the spy was Micheal, there was a lot of key things from this season that gave it away. But anyway just blah episode of Lost hopefully next weeks will be better.
  • this is lost folks. michael is now kevin. hes back. and this episode has everything great about lost in it. the suspense, the suprises, and the emotional flashbacks. all i can say is if you love lost you'll love this episode.

this show makes me love it more and more every episode.
    this episode has the most shocking twists ever. it lets us know that harrold perrinaeau or Michael in the show
    lives and is the janitor for the ship. there is also a very shocking twist after the baby's born were we think hugo and jin maybe have hooked up. and that jin is deaced. this episode clues us in on what really is happening on the island and too its inhabitants. im hoping that eventually that the end of the sixth season we will know all the islands secrets, and yes....i mean all 48 secrets of lost.theres now probably 90000000.... that we know of. well if you havent seen lost dont start on this episode. because this is for hardcore lost addicts. this is for you. one of the best ever. i think this fourth season is the best so far.
  • Now that, my friends, is how you both advance a story, introduce new questions, solve old mysteries and pull off a great reveal!

Ok, first things first, let's get the easy stuff out of the way.....

In what may be the worst kept secret in this show's history, Micheal is/was the man on the boat. Love the way they introduced him if for nothing more than the fact that I can guarantee most Lost viewers expected him to be the main cliffhanger at the end.

That really speaks volumes to the overall greatness of this episode: What I was looking forward to for weeks was just a way to get to the main climax. This episode had me hooked on the whole Jin/Sun thing and that's impressive. Usually, their story doesn't do it for me.

I had a feeling right around the time of the "karma" talk on the boat that the flashforwards weren't what we thought they were going to be. I initally thought that Jin had left Sun after finding out about the affair (which, BTW, was a nice cold turn by Juliet). But, with the ultimate reveal at the end truely surprising me, I find myself looking back and being happy with the way this episode turned out.

So, now we have a while to deduce whether or not Jin is one of the Oceanic Six, how he died, and what's going to happen next.

Next week's episode has been billed since the start of this season as a mind-blower and I can't wait. Everything seems to be coming to a head, let's hope it continues to be as good as this weeks and the Constant were.
1 2 3 >