Lost

Ji Yeon

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 13, 2008 on ABC

• A Sun/Jin-centric episode.

All things considered,I absolutely loved this episode since Jin and Sun are two of my favorite characters on the show. I really enjoyed the flash forwards of Sun's life when she gets off the island. I thought that they were very interesting. I also enjoyed the flashbacks of Jin's life. I was glad to see that Juliet was heavily involved in Jin and Sun's story line since she's another one of my favorite characters on the show. I can't believe that Juliet told Jin about Sun's affair with another man or that Sun slapped Juliet. I really enjoyed the scene between Jin and Bernard when they talk about marriage. In closing, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost from everyone involved, and I can't wait to watch the rest of season four of Lost.
  • Sad

Sun has flashfowards to the birth of her beautiful baby girl named Ji Yeon. She visits Jin's grave with Hurley.

Jin has flashbacks to when he was trying to complete a mission from Sun's father.

Sun wants to go to Locke's camp, but Juliet doesn't want Sun to leave because pregnant women die on the island. Juliet reveals to Jin that Sun had an affair. Jin and Sun make up. Jin wants to name the baby, Ji Yeon. On the ship, Desmond and Sayid meet the captain. They also meet Kevin Johnson or as they know him, Michael.

This episode was great! The ending was so sad. I don't want Jin to die. It was weird seeing Michael again. I want to know why he's on that boat! This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • Poor Jin...

Brilliant episode. The writers of Lost are simply fantastic. What they did with this episode was inspiring. Having a Jin flashback and a Sun flashforward and making us think they were happening at the same time....WOOOOOW. So in this episode we find out that Sun is one of the oceanic six and she will get off the island which was great news for me because Sun is my favorite character. We also find out that Jin dies. I cried during the scene where Sun an Hurley visit Jin's grave. It was so sad !!! Also Sun dosen't trust Charlotte and Dan so she wants to leave to Locke's camp. Juliet tries to stop her so she tells Jin that she had an affair. That was a powerful scene. I especially liked the slap Sun gave Juliet. Sayid and Desmond witness a woman commiting suicide on the boat. We also find out that Micheal is on that boat and he's going by the name of Kevin Johnson. Super terrific episode. Really rocked my world. Two things that stood out were the birlliant writing and the more than amazing acting by Yunjin Kim. She did the giving birth scene superbly and the at Jin's grave scene with emotion and passion with a little bit of Grace included. Favorite character from this episode : Sun !!! She's amazing. No wonder they call her Julia Roberts of Korea.
  • The Return of Michael and the Death of Jin.

The episode title Ji Yeon is revealed to be the name of the baby of Jin and Sun. It is also revealed that Sun is one of the oceanic 6 and Jin was not one of the original eight surviving passengers as told by Jack in a previous episode flashforward and since the date of his death on his gravestone is showed to be the day of the crash. But the biggest highlight of the episode was the return and first appearance of Michael since the end of the second season. He appears towards the end of the episode and is known by the doctor of the ship as Kevin Johnson. Also the mystery of the freighter crew is addressed again as Sayid and Desmond meet the Captain. He shows them the black box recovered from the wreckage of oceanic 815 near Indonesia and says that it is one of the many reasons why the boats owner Charles Widmore the father of Desmond's girlfriend wants them to capture Ben. This episode is no doubt one of the best of season 4 and offers a glimpse into future storylines of which I believe will be that Jin is one of many of the characters that will be killed off by the 2009-2010 season which has been stated by ABC to be the last season of Lost.
  • great episode

Sun decides to join Locke, but Juliet tries hard to convince her that it's not the right thing to do. When Sun keeps insisting on going to Locke, Juliet informs Jin of an affair that Sun had with another man back in korea. It makes him really upset. On the freighter, Sayid and Desmond get to meet most of the crew. It's a really exciting episode, the writers did a good job making this episode watchable. We get to see some flashforwards, it tells us what will happen in the future, it's a really cool episode. I can't wait for the next one.
  • The last of the oceanic6

A Sun&Jin-centric episode,a Flashback and a Flashforward at the same time ,for the very first time in Lost. Smart and effective!
    Sun decides that she wants to stay on the island and follow Locke's team since she does not trust the freighters. Juliet tries to convince her to stay with them and leave from the island because if she stays then she dies. Juliet is forced to reveal to Jin the affair Sun had some time ago. This works and the couple remains at the beach.
    In the Flashback we see Jin going to a shop and buying a stuffed panda while at the same time we see Sun being in a hospital giving birth to their baby. In the end it is revealed that it was a flashforward and a flashback at the same time. Next, Sun goes with Hurley to Jin's grave and grieve!
    Back on the freighter Regina kills herself when she jumps off the boat. In addition, Desmond and Sayid meet the captain who tells them the truth about oceanic815,that someone set the whole wreckage in the ocean and found so many dead bodies to cover the truth. He claims that Ben is behind all these,and that's way Charles Widmore wants to find him. Afterwards,when the freighter's doctor takes Desmond and Sayid to their new room, the cleaner of the freighter appears who was Michael, introducing himself as Kevin Johnson!
    Superb episode, i am anticipating for the next one!
  • Sun's growing distrust of their rescuers leads here to want to leave for Locke's camp until Juliet reveals a secret from Sun's past to Jin. Sayid meets an old friend on the freighter.

I tohught this was a sad episode, Sun giving birth to her baby all alone, because Jin apparrantly did not make it off the island, and he is not one of the Oceanic Six, though Sun is, if you count Aaron, then we now know all six.

So the flashes show us two things, in the future Sun gives birth to a baby girl, and two months after their marriage Jin delivers a message to the Chinese Ambassador, which involves a large Panda. So I have to admit I was totally convinced that Jin was racing to get to Sun's side, but alas he did not make it off the island, he "died" on Sept. 22, 2004 with everyone else besides the six. His flashback provided a look into how he became Mr. Paik's pawn and not the man Sun fell in love with, so it provided a good resolution to the news of Sun's infidelity, which Jin knew about from Mr. Paik.

Juliet told Jin the news, which to be honest was not her place, but I think she proved that she will do anything to ensure that she does not lose another pregnant woman.

Bernard reminded Jin about the importnace of marriage and that Locke is a murderer, and one would have to be crazy to go to his camp.

It was nice to know that Hurley came to see the baby, and that he managed his sanity for some time after getting off the island.

On the freighter we met the Captain, and Kevin Johnson, more importantly the revealing of the balck box, eludes to why Ben cannot let anyone off the island, cause then they will question his huge cover up, but this also explains why the Oceanic Six are so famous, cause they really should have been dead. This freighter is the creepiest element of this season, second maybe to Miles, someone shot someone, they are all jumping ship, and not moving, and there is a spy on the ship, and I am goign to assume his name is Kevin Johnson.

This was a great episode, very sad, but very interesting.
  • Great episode, I liked the twists and turns and the new facts that were revealed. (contains spoilers)

I enjoyed this episode I can see how some people might not because it might not have been a direction they wanted to go in but I liked it. First Desmond & Sayid are on the ship and get a letter saying not to trust the captain, and then later on we found out that Michael is Ben's spy on the boat. That makes sense since he made the deal with the boat and was the last person to see them before they left, I don't know how they worked it our for Walt to stay I guess we will find out. I went crazy when we saw Micheal, that was really cool. I called that he wasn't gone alot of people did, and I'm pretty glad they wrote it this way. I hope we see alot more of Michael and Walt, and I'm wondering which one if either of them will be one of the "Oceanic 6"

Gin & Sun were the biggest part of this episode. I know alot of people can't stand Charlotte and I'm one of them but I also can't stand Juliette either. They could fight to the death for all I care. There chick fight last week wasn't that hot at all which was dissapointing. OK back to Gin and Sun. Sun wanted to go to Locke's camp because she thought he could help her, and Juliette said no because it could kill you and your baby Sun didn't want to listen to Juliette was a b-yatch and told Gin that Sun cheated on him. Sun slapped that **** hard. Juliette convinced Sun it would be bad for her and her baby if she left the camp, so Sun stayed, and Gin went fishing with Bernie. By the way were is Rose? She is still on the island right? The best part or the worst part depending on how you see it was the trick with the flash foward and flash backs with Gin & Sun. I didn't like it at first and didn't care for the outcome but still thought it was kind of cool how they did that. They flash foward to Sun having her baby in Korea so we now know she will be one of the "Oceanic 6" She was calling for Gin and then the flashed and showd Gin going to the hospital and getting a panda for the baby. They showed Gin at the Hospital he gave the Panda and it was for an emporors daughter and that it was a flash back and he wasn't there for his baby because this was when he was newly married. We find out in the flash foward that Sun was calling out Gin during the pregnancy when they were gong back and forth from the flash back to the flash foward to trick us, but Gin was dead. We found this out when Hurley showed up and saw the baby , and then they went to the cemetary and that's when we found out Gin isn't going to be a survivor. I ws hoping for one husband wife combo to both make it or mother son in Claires case but I don't think that will happen. We now have Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, & Sun, so I'm not sure if Aaron counts as six since he wasn't born yet or if there is another one, of if I just missed one. I was mad that Gin didn't make it but then thought it was col that they tricked us, or at least me with the flash fowards and flash backs, to make it look like Gin was alive and heading to the hospital to see Sun.
  • That was Lost perfection, in my opinion.

I give Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim HUGE props and kudos for this one, they just beautifully acted throughout the entire episode and made it astoundingly believable. First, on the boat "Kevin" is revealed to us. *cough* not it's Micheal! Woot. I never really liked him in the first place though, but it gives people on the forums something to talk about. On the other side of the spectrum, when Sun threatened to leave the camp, Juliet had to reveal to Jin that Sun thought it wasn't her baby(she was cheating). And then the whole karma thing went on, I really enjoyed that scene... and in the end on the island, Sun and Jin made up. I thought after that scene that this was a beautiful episode and yay they live happily ever after, but guess what, flashforward and we see Sun mourning Jin being dead... that seriously was just, splendid acting and it made me want to cry so yea... loved this episode to pieces. Can't wait to see more of Sun and Jin in the future.
  • This episode is centered around Jin and Sun,with flashforwards revealing Sun gets off the island and gives birth to her baby and flashback of Jin. The ending is very sad and emotional, and the parallel story on the freighter was suspenseful.

This episode was probably myfavorite episode of the season so far, next to The Constant. I always love the Sun/Jin stories and this one was exceptional. The ending was very emotional and tear-jerking when it was revealed that Jin had died before Sun gave birth to her daughter, choosing the name that Jin had picked while on the island. I loved how we did not know that Jin's story was a flashback until the end, which made the episode all the more emotional. The little touch of Hurley and Sun together at the cemetary was nicely done and Sun's conversation with Jin was beautiful. The parallel story on the freighter was also very suspenseful, with people on the boat becoming insane and killing themselves and the cliffhanger reveal of Kevin Johnson who is really Michael, the apparent spy Ben had sent onto the freighter. This was an unbelievable episode.
  • That was shocking!

OK all I can say is wow!

Those sneaky writers just when I thought it was all about flash forwards. They go and sneak in a flash forward and a flash back and we don't know it till the end, Sneaky!

Oh and then you have all the ship's crew going nuts and killing themselves. Plus the captain isn't concerned when a woman wraps herself in chains and jumps off the boat. Plus the blood stains off the wall which leads to meeting "kevin Johnson." Did anyone else see that it was Michael coming? After all he was credited all season long.
  • This is has to the best episode of this season so far.

I love Sun and Jin, Always loved them as a couple, as people and always loved their story and flashbacks. This episode exploded by having two different types of things, I don't want to give it away. All I'm saying that some people may be mad, because I am, the ending made me cry like a baby. But just because I'm mad, does not mean this is not a great eposide. Michael is back, well Kevin(Spolier). Anyways, this season is going great, keep it up and this show may actually start winning Golden Globes and Emmys again. Love Lost, The best show on television. Just wanted to say that. Thanks for reading.
  • This episode shows how Lost has evolved as a show.

For the first few seasons, this would have simply been a filler episode with no meat beyond the main characters' story. But this episode makes progress on multiple fronts. Not only do we finally get an answer to the "man on the boat" non-mystery (yes, it's the obvious reveal), but we also get anotehr glimpse into the future, in regards to Jin and Sun's baby.

The flash-forwards reveal not only the birth of the eponymously named baby, but also give us a future mystery vis-a-vis her father. (And was it just me, or was Hurley's visit a little strange?)

On the freighter, more off-island insanity. At least two more crazies on the boat. One decided to take a swim wrapped in chains, and another decided to eat a bullet at some point. What is it with these freighter people?

Next week's episode promises another death. Is it just me, or are the suvivors starting to get killed off at an accelerated rate?

BTW, given Kate's episode, my money's on Claire. She no longer seems important to the story. Also, consider Jack's story about the Oceanic 6 having originally been 8 survivors. Does that mean we get 2 deaths? Is one of the Jin?
  • this is lost folks. michael is now kevin. hes back. and this episode has everything great about lost in it. the suspense, the suprises, and the emotional flashbacks. all i can say is if you love lost you'll love this episode.

this show makes me love it more and more every episode.
    this episode has the most shocking twists ever. it lets us know that harrold perrinaeau or Michael in the show
    lives and is the janitor for the ship. there is also a very shocking twist after the baby's born were we think hugo and jin maybe have hooked up. and that jin is deaced. this episode clues us in on what really is happening on the island and too its inhabitants. im hoping that eventually that the end of the sixth season we will know all the islands secrets, and yes....i mean all 48 secrets of lost.theres now probably 90000000.... that we know of. well if you havent seen lost dont start on this episode. because this is for hardcore lost addicts. this is for you. one of the best ever. i think this fourth season is the best so far.
  • I SO didn't see that coming!

As I watched this episode, and maybe even before, I started thinking about how they could weave flashbacks into an episode that also had flashforwards. This episodes does that and SO much more. It is amazing and sad. The actress who plays Sun is wonderful; and Daniel D. Kim is great as well. I did NOT see the (S P O I L E R A L E R T * * * * * * * * * * * *) death

(* * * * * * * * * * * *E N D S P O I L E R A L E R T) coming until a little after Hurley showed up. Then I realized what was going on-for sure, at least (I had a suspicion)-and became very sad. In all, this episode was extremely well done. :-)
  • Ray: I think you'll like your room. It's on a quiet part of the ship. Desmond: This ship isn't moving. Ray: Well, if you say so.

The plot has four separate storylines. One focuses on married Sun and Jin Kwon on the island, as they debate on whether to defect to the rival faction of survivors led by John Locke. On the Kahana, Sayid Jarrah and Desmond Hume learn more about the intentions of the freighter's crew. In the off-island storyline, Jin and Sun are caught up in pregnancy-related troubles. Ok got to sa although I was expecting it wow! Michael returns and I still cant stop smiling at how good he did, next week should be awesome, cant wait to se how he got on the frieghter. Also the whole flashback and forward thing I was totally not expecting well done to the writers for making that work, and the ending was really emotional, wonder how it all pans out. I give tis 9.9 out of 10, I really enjoyed it.
  • Past ? Future ? Kevin Johnson ? Great episode best so far this season

Wow I loved this episode it was everything Lost is about ; drama ,suspense and of course and extra touch of unexpected. I thought it was brilliant the whole Sun/Jin flashback and fastforward thing. I think it was brilliantly plotted and it was a great display . Wow for a minute I thought Jin had remarried and was missing Sun's baby deliver. Too bad he is dead . Also very interesting what the captain said about Ben taking dead bodies and putting them on a plane to make it look like there were no survivors on Oceanic Flight 815.I think Jacob has something to do with that. And of course the appearence of Michael after so much. God I hate spoilers ! I accidentaly run into this info last week so I already knew it was him in the boat , but not for that it was less exciting. His apperance makes Locke seeing Walt possible and not just a delussion.
  • A very different episode of Lost

For those of you who are clueless about what happen in this episode, let me explain. This was a flashback and a flashfoward. Jin had the flashback and Sun had the flashfoward. The reason why I know this is because in Jin's part of the episode he says that he has only been married for two months and in Sun's part of the episode Jin is already dead. Now on to my review, this was a very good episode because Sun was actually able to have her baby and it was beautiful. I am so happy that she did not die and that she was able to get off the island. And thanks to Juliet, Jin now knows that Sun had an affair and that the baby is his. My favorite scene was at the end when Jin found out it was his baby. Another big shocker was that Micheal is Ben's spy but to be truthful i kinda saw that one coming since their have been rumors that Micheal's character will be coming back. I hope that next weeks episode is going to be good, I just wish that their will be a new episode of lost every week.
  • This episode might not have given us too many answers but we definetly leanr more interesting questions that are pieces of the puzzle in a way or another!

Something wrong with that math...1-Jack, 2-Kate, 3-Hurley, 4-Sayd 5-Aaron, 6-Sun, 7-Jim. Great episode. I'm on the team that sees a point is almost all episodes. They're very well written and this last one brings surprises and more questions, which is exciting! It was reading one of the reviews that my eyes were openned to the possibility of Jin being alive but on the island -great comment kateinabox. (Of course,the ones broght to "the world" cannot reveal there's more people alive on the island).

Was Jin brought dead? A dead person would not be counted among the survivors... On the other hand, Ben and the coufin person were not counted either... anything can still happen. We know that the flashes from Jim were about the past, but something about this choice made me think that maybe Jim is alive and living another life. Jim forgave Sun for the betrayal before the island but let's not forget the sneak pick that alludes to a third man in Sun's life... Michael/Kevin was turned into a Ben's colaborator. Of course Ben wouldn't just let Michael and Walter return to civilization. There are conspiricies all over the story. This is getting more and more flavorsome!
  • A very beautiful episode.

I think that this was the best Jin/Sun centric episode. Also I need to tell a very interesting thing. I've just read something about this episode in LOSTpedia. Sun's flashes of course were flashforwards, but Jin's flashes were actually FLASHBACKS, because the shopkeeper said that the year that was shown in the flash was Dragon's year and that year was 2000 (it can't be 2012). I didn't notice it myself. Also Jin's cellphone was very old. So it is still unclear what will happen to Jin, because I don't think that he is really dead in the future. Also Sayid and Desmond met the captain of the ship and Michael (not my favorite character I might add). All in all this episode was really great.
  • Michael!! =D

What can I say about this episode. Lost is awesome. This episode was so sad but also very exciting. I was crying about Jin dying and when Sun went to viste his grave, it as so sad. The whole episode was awesome! Oh and what can I say about Michael, he was awesome..! I just cant wait to find out everything about him. I'm so happy taht one of my favourite characters is back, with a bang! I'm just so happy! The whole cast did an awesome job in this episode, well the poeple who was in it like. I cant wait to watch next weeks episode! Bring it on..Oh and Lost is awesome!
  • The reason I began watching LOST in the first place

Let me just begin by saying that this season has restored my love for LOST. The last two seasons have been heavy and clumsy without any real revelation, but season 4 has been rewarding from the very beginning. This episode is no exception. I didn't expect it. I expected that it would be an action packed episode, so I was a little disappointed at first, but as the episode went on I started to get excited. The way that they used flashbacks and flashforwards in tandem was nothing less than brilliant. Until the very end, you really had no idea what they were trying to tell you. It was probably one of the finest examples of the talent of this writing team. Subtly, the last of the oceanic 6 were revealed. Also, the revelation of Ben's spy on the boat has huge implications for further episodes. Finally, we are back to the LOST we loved so much in its early days. I can't wait to see how things unfold over the rest of the season.
  • The spy on the ship is revealed and Sun's future is shown as well as her desire to go to Locke's camp. Jin finds out about Sun's affair.

One word to describe this episode. RIDICULOUS. After this episode ended, my jaw DROPPED. I couldn't BELIEVE half the stuff that happened. I wished they made more episodes like this. It's so confusing and hooks audiences up so much more. I really want to know why Jin and Sun are not together in the future. Why does Sun think Jin is dead and why is Jin married to someone new? Does he know that his daughter was just born? You know that Sun is one of the Oceanic Six, but is Jin? Maybe he came back later on? We don't even know when he came back. There are so many new questions that have arisen due to this episode. I just want to know WHAT HAPPENED?!??!
  • Sun tries to move to Locke's Camp while Juliet tries to stop her. Sayid and Desmond meet the captain and a familiar face.

Wow this was great. It was different than most of the other episodes. It answered a major question and handled the Sun and Jin's relationship very very well. While it might not be the best episode for those of you that want different answers... like more freighter stuff or more island information... it still gave us alot of in sight into two very likeable characters. I don't know how much I trust the ending... cause it is possible that Jin was just left on the island. Which I think the same as having them be dead to Oceanic 6. Thus the grave and tears. So it is possible Jin isn't actually dead... just kind of on the island never to return. But then again... knowing Lost. He could be dead. We will find out one way or another eventually!!
  • Phenomenal.

Desmond and Penny maybe the more popular love story, but it's Sun and Jin that are my favorite couple. Here in Ji Yeon, the writers do something brilliant with the structure of the story that the could never have done in any other season. The ending really tore me apart- if there was ever a time I would have cried watching the show, it would be in this episode. What's heart wrenching is that the couple has finally come full circle in their arc, and their marital issues are finally resolved. Jin does not turn violent when he learns of Sun's great betrayal, he forgives her.
  • WOW!!!

Loved the whole simultanious flashforwards and flashbacks in this episode which led up to the huge Oh My God!! At the end. Not sure how the shows going to cope now with us knowing a bulk of characters are going to die with only 6+ surviving.. But season 4 of Lost is providing a whole new show compared to the earlier seasons and I am loving it. Quicker, faster and now ALL the centric stories matter and new stuffs happening each ep. Dissapointed about the hiatus but I guess thats just the strike working it's evil agian.
    RIP JIN. We love you
  • "Jin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so much"

Jin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so muchJin... You were right. It's a girl. The delivery was hard on me... The doctor said I was calling out for you... I wish you could've been there. Jin... She's beautiful. Ji Yeon. I named her just like you wanted. I miss you so much. I miss you so much
  • This a Sun/Jin centric episode. Further information about the characters is revealed. The name of the episode "Ji Yeon" refers to the name of Sun and Jin's daughter.

Probably the best episode of this season so far. Many things are revealed and, for the first time in the show, we see a flashfoward and a flashback in the same episode, a techique that tricked the minds of even the more acute viewers.
    I was anxiously awaiting for the return of Michael Dawson because Harold Perrineau Jr's name has apeared in the initial credits of each episode since the beginning of this season. His return will definitely be a plus.
    The deep character development and the intricate and well structured story of Lost is once again proven as one of the best in a television series.
    Lost is a show that cannot be missed. Congratulations to the writers for an incredible work.
  • Another great magnitude is the upcoming war between Charles Widmore and Benjamin Linus.(Contains spoilers...)

This episode revealed some questions and on the other hand it put some new questions in the show, like lost always does. It was revealed, that Sun is the fifth of Oceanic 6, but we don't know if Jin could leave the island. Jin either left the island with Sun and died afterwards, or he left the island, but is not dead, just pretended to be dead, or didn't leave the island, and is called dead like all the other Oceanic 815 passengers, or died on the island.
    Another great magnitude is the upcoming war between Charles Widmore and Benjamin Linus. Benjamin Linus, who had the power resources to fake a plane crash in the Sunda Trench, and who also hired Sayid as an assassin, to kill people probably from Widmore's organization.
    On the other hand we have Charles Widmore, who hired the freighter people to find the flight recorder of the fake Oceanic airplane, and who also send those people to the island, in order to catch Benjamin Linus and kill everybody else on the island. (According to Benjamin Linus in sneak peek of next episode Meet Kevin Johnson)
    So I think next episode will also be one of the most exciting ones.
  • More info about Sun and Jin is revealed, Desmond and Sayid meet not only the captain of the freighter, but Ben's man on the inside.

There was a fair amount of buzz regarding this episode and whether it could hold it's own amongs the rest of the season. It wasn't the best episode of the season, but it was very good, very revealing, and had some very interesting plot twists. This was probably the best Sun and Jin episode to date, given their storylines were rather interesting.

The episode begins with Sun putting on make-up while at home in Korea, she begins to have pains, and it is revealed that she is going into labor. She gets an ambulance to the hospital and orders the staff to call Jin. Jin is shopping for just the right gift, a large stuffed panda bear which he will take to the maternity ward, he gets a cab, but loses his phone, a man grabs the cab with teddy bear in tow. Jin rushes back in to buy another, but it has already been sold, but lays down a large wad of cash. Sun is experiencing some trouble during the birth and insists on talking to Jin, but she cannot wait, they deliver a healthy baby girl. It cuts back to Jin who is delivering a teddy bear on behalf of "Paik Automotive", he ties a blue ribbon around it's neck after an guard at the door states the child is a boy? Jin was delivering a gift to the family of the Chinese ambassador. A nurse congratulates Jin, but Jin curiously remarks, that it's too soon, he's only been married two months? It goes back to Sun, who is getting dressed when her doorbell rings, its...Hurley! He has come to visit Sun's new baby, they go to visit Jin as well...at the cemetary. Jin had a flashback, Sun had a flash forward. She named the child Ji-Yeon after Jin's suggestion.

On the island, Juliet warns Sun about the peril she faces if she stays on the island. This is in response to her wanting to take Jin and head to Locke's camp after the odd behavior of the freighter crew. Juliet reveals Sun's affair to Jin, and he saunters off, only to be comforted by Bernard while fishing. He returns to Sun and brings her dinner explaining that he forgives her.

On the freighter, Desmond and Sayid get a note from Ben's spy to "not trust the captain". The doctor leads them above deck to meet the captain when a woman bound in chains leaps from the ship. Nobody helps her despite Desmond and Sayid's cries. The captain witnessed the act and orders everyone back to work. His name is Captain Gault and likens the suicide to "cabin fever". He takes Desmond and Sayid to his office and shows him the "black box" from flight 815 which was found in the Marianas trench. He reveals that the recorder was procured by Charles Widmore, and that the flight found in the Marianas trench was a fake. He also asks the two, where did all the bodies come from, and then mentioned Ben. As Sayid and Desmond are shown their quarters, they meet Kevin Johnson, a janitor on the boat-who happens to be Michael! Ben's man on the boat-no surprise there.

This episode was technically superior, the direction was amazing, the acting was solid, and the pacing was brilliant. The combination of a flashback and flash forward was yet another good move in keeping the season interesting. Info was given to answer some questions, but more were raised in true Lost fashion. Sun and Jin who are good characters, but almost peripheral had interesting and rather touching stories. Their stories were interesting and the advancing of the freighter plot was too, but it was a little thin at parts. This episode much like last week is setting up future events-mainly next week.

Overall, a great episode, very solid, rather entertaining. It is definately on par with the rest of the season and sets up some major events to happen next week.
< 1 2 3