Lost

Ji Yeon

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 13, 2008 on ABC

• A Jin/Sun flashback/forward episode that also informs us of what is happening on the boat. I enjoyed most of the episode because it felt like a season 1 story, but there were some elements that bothered me.

Let us start as the episode did, with the flash-forward where Sun is in a hospital giving birth. But what they do next is try to trick us, because we also see Jin traveling to a hospital and shopping for a Panda Bear. This part of the story bothered me, there were just too many clues that Jin was not there with Sun during that time (the biggest of which is that she is the last of the Oceanic 6). Their story on the island focuses on their decision to go with Locke or to stay with Jack and try and get off the island. The more interesting portion of this episode takes place on Mr. Widmore's boat where Sayid and Desmond finally get their meeting with the captain. The captain is very blunt and straightforward during their discussion and reveals to them: the owner of the boat, their reason for being sent to the island, information about the Oceanic Flight 815 crash cover-up and that someone has sabotaged the boat causing them to drift closer to the island. As if all of this info wasn't interesting enough, we finally discover that Ben's rat on the boat is none other than Michael!
    In the end this episode feels like a first season story tweaked with season 4's flash-forwards and new characters.