Lost

Jughead

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 28, 2009 on ABC

• The Constant Round II

This episode had a similar presence and feel to the highly praised season four installment "The Constant" which was voted by many as the best Lost episode of the year, and one of the best period. I do not expect this to get the same kind of adulation. The show is still as hooking as you ever as you are pulled in and are glued to your TV until the final credits air, but this just was not as entertaining as the premiere.

Daniel Faraday and Desmond received the majority of the screen time, but series stars Jack, Ben, Hurley, Kate and Sayid were nowhere to be found. These are all important players that make up the best ensemble cast on TV.

I was shocked with the revelation of Charles Widmore having been on the island years ago, but this time travel storyline is already starting to get tiresome, especially with the "not where we are, but when we are" line that now appears to be mandatory for every week.

And a plethora of questions still are not answered such as why the survivors and the freighter crew are not affected by the time travel and what Ms. Hawking was referring to with the 70 hours ultimatum. It's inexcusable when the major cliffhanger of your premiere is not even addressed the following week.

This was not a bad hour of television, but it was not a the huge show tv.com hyped it up to be.