Lost

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 02, 2010 on ABC

• The end

The end
  • It make no sense!

I was lookin forward to this show for like months and then I watch it and idk what going on! The flashbacks make no sense! I dont know what happen! first 5 min i was like "IT WORKED", it was so good! and then island underwated OMG. great stuff. and then suddenly they are back on the island for no apparent reason and I dont get it! and then they are back on the plane and then back to the island! what is this??? its flashbacks?? if so then the writesr forgot all past seasons! they just forgot! DUMB! DUMB writers! nonsense! truly dumb. ruin the show.
  • Lost is back...

The aftermath from Juliet's detonation of the hydrogen bomb is revealed. A solid first episode of season 6, the alternate thing is intresting I liked seeing scenes from the pilot revisited and it was cool to see a lot of old characters again. scenes between Jack and Locke, Boone and Locke were the highlights of this storline. There was a horrible bit of CGI when we saw the sland underwater but this was still cool. I think the evil Locke scenes were the best it is revealed that he is The Monster which was really shocking. I thought the reveal of the Temple was cool but Im unsure of the two new characters Lennon and Dogen. The scene were Sayind drowns in the well had some horrible acting as well from Kate, Hurley and Jack.
  • the beginning of the end !

there is no words to describe what i have saw ! a mystery show at his best ! . for real i can't think of anything to say , because really i didn't understand anything ! , but still there is something about the episode that make it deserve a perfect 10 for me . and really can't wait to see the rest of the show in his last 18 hours . what i like about the episode is The Others but from another kind , John Lock amazing performance as always , Sawyer emotional face , jack try to save Sadye as he once save charlie in the same way , the soundtrack used a lot and of curse the writing of the episode as whole ! ..
  • Disappointing...

As G. Constanza would say: "nothing happens on the show". A few more characters and some scenes that went exactly as expected.

We could see the temple (and now we know how young Ben was rescued), Juliette dies (wow, I'm shocked...) and the Jacob-MIB-Locke-Ben-etc. side of the story didn't progress at all in this episode.

I just hope season 6 gives us some answers quickly (as there are not many episodes) and the show end up with dignity (they have a huge challenge here)

PS: Did you see the Dharma logo on the fish that it's shown right before the statue's foot appears (at the very beginning of the chapeter - when we see the underwater island).
  • Awesome!

Brilliant season premier. All the elements that make LOST great. I have to admit I was not sure where the writers were going at first with the alternate time line, but now halfway through the first season, it's clear how well this device is serving the characters.

This show has always been about the human drama as the LOST souls attempt to find their destiny by the choices they make. Will they find redemption or will they meet their doom. The fact that this is still a riveting question for all the remaining castaways after 6 seasons tells you why this show has remained the best of the best!
  • The season six premiere of Lost debuts its new structural device called the sideflash, our suspicions about John Locke are confirmed, new mysteries are introduced, and our brains are exploded in the process.

An episode of Lost is best expressed through a series of "WTF?"s and "What's going on?"s and a lot of blank staring out from underneath a furrowed brow. An episode of Lost explodes your brain and then delights in stomping in the residual mess afterward by running a promotional trailer for the next episode, which only serves to burden you with further teasing suspense to last you seven whole days. Explaining Lost to a non-fan is like rattling off a list of arbitrary, unrelated topics and telling this non-fan they're all connected. Here, let's play: Polar bears on a tropical island. Smoke monster. Statue of Taweret. Time travel. Backgammon. Jacob and Esau. Immortality. Slave ship. Repetition of the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42. Corporeal manifestations. Hydrogen bomb. Dharma Initiative. See where I'm going with this? So it bears saying that it took me over 24 hours to finish scooping my brains back into my head in order to process the season six premiere and write this piece. And that's from someone who's been watching this show since the very first airing of the pilot.

Eight months in the making, the season premiere on Tuesday finally revealed what happened after our screens turned to a white blaze last May when Juliet presumably detonated a hydrogen bomb at The Swan/the hatch site in a time warping attempt to reboot all the events of the past five seasons. Back in season two it was revealed that Desmond, who was living in The Swan at the time, failed to push the button one day and thereby caused the plane crash from the season one pilot. Having time traveled to 1977 in season five with a handful of our faithful castaways, quirky physicist Daniel Faraday therefore devised a plan to destroy The Swan facility and the pocket of underground electromagnetic energy which the facility was built to contain, therefore negating the need for the button-pushing containment facility and its operators in the future, and thereby preventing Oceanic 815 from ever crashing on the island, making it so all the subsequent death and trauma never happened.

However, Faraday's plan to destroy The Swan directly contradicted his previous ravings about time as a straight line without diversions: whatever happened, happened. You can't change the past. It is all destined to occur. Problematically, Faraday suddenly changed his mind toward the end of season five, and we still really don't know why. But something led him to believe humans, with the power of choice, could act as variables to the time equation, and affect a change. And for some of our castaways in 1977, erasing their pasts by creating a new future was too good an opportunity to pass up. So how'd it turn out?

Season six's premiere revealed a failed success of the reboot. Fans who had feared for the last eight months that rebooting the show would remove all the emotional resonance of the last five seasons were rewarded: Juliet hit that SOB hydrogen bomb and it transported all of our castaways, Juliet included, to the in-show present of 2007, finally concurrent once again with characters Ben, John, Sun, Richard, Lapidus, and new addition Ilana. (Still reading? Have I lost you?)

Every season of Lost is notable for its storytelling structure. Last season time travel was its chosen device. Previously, off-island flashbacks and off-island flashforwards were used. In the season six premiere, we realized the new device is "sideway flashes" between parallel realities. Because the reboot also worked. This season will show us two realities: one in which our castaways' lives continue on the island unchanged, and another in which Oceanic Flight 815 safely lands at LAX, but with its own mysterious differences in characters' lives. Whether these two realities ever merge into one again is the mystery of the season. Well, who am I kidding? One of the mysteries of the season.

Admittedly, this was a two-hour episode that opened a whole can of worms to manage in the 16 hours of television Lost has left. From the end of the episode it looks like we could be dealing with the complete reincarnation of Jacob, the ambiguously good island entity, in the body of Sayid; but that is just speculation. This is of course in contrast to the corporeal manifestation of the Smoke Monster in John Locke's form; but not his body, which was dead last time we checked. This development allows actor Terry O'Quinn to have a lot of fun as this "new character."

I know I lost you back there. I know you stopped reading. I know you're a non-fan who doesn't care. But if you are still reading this, I bet you're asking why we watch this show? What's so special? Why do we keep tuning in? The serialized drama is a complex form of television because it really requires one thing and one thing only: trusting viewer participation. And we're not talking drop-in viewership. We're talking dedicated, week-by-week, scheduled viewership. One or two skipped episodes of Lost are enough to dislodge you for the rest of the season. As a television gambit, it's a rewarding technique that pays dividends in suspense, but it's a gamble. It's a gamble that requires something from producers, showrunners, and writers: a promise to deliver the goods when necessary.

"What happens next?" is why we tune in every week. Isn't that why we continue reading a book? Or why we sit still for all 100 minutes of a movie? Our imaginations must be so perpetually famine-struck that nothing will ever quench our thirst or sate our hunger. There's a saying that goes, "We always want what we don't have." It's applicable to love, money, careers, and also information; and in the case of entertainment, information in the context of story. Lost is like an intellectual drug and we're always looking for our next fix.

As Lost enters its sixth and final season, the series' unanswered questions and overarching plot take center stage. Characterization has been established, a mythology has been introduced, and the conflicts have stacked up. We've done our part as viewers, but now it's time for Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof, and the show's other writers to fulfill their part of the audience-storyteller contract.
  • Fringe, Lost style.

The Sixth Season premiere sends us to a parallel pilot in which Oceanic Flight 815 never crashed, a turbulence is felt but everything else is just normal, Dr. Arzt laughs once again out of Hurley's comecial, Rose and Bernard continue being newleyweds, Frogurt sleeps unaware he would've died due to a flaming arrow and one John Locke makes one last first impression on a young Boone Carlysle he now will never have sacrifice to the island. In fact the only thing different is our old "brother" Desmond Hume.

On the island, however, things are an entirely different matter; the Statue, that otherwise is under water for the second flight 815, is now the center of a gruesome aftermath big brave Bram can not stop, the Black Smoke monster that has taken Locke's form, as well as Jacob's life, only wants to go home and it will stop at nothing in order to achieve that goal.

The irony being that home is exactly what Juliet means for Sawyer as he is allowed to hold her for the very last time, her death the one thing he can't forgive Jack for and her message the one thing to hold on to: It worked.
  • LOST is finally back!!!!!!!!!

Lost retutns with its final season and its time for some long awaited answers. And here lies my only prblem with the episode. I was not expecting a lot of answers in the first couple of episodes, however more questions keep coming up. This is not a huge problem because i have faith in the witers abiliies to tie up the loose ends i am just saying it doesn't feel like they have started. Now on to the many good points this episode had, the acting was teriffic, Terry and Josh were the highlights for me. The plot was automatically interesting as we see our survivors in an alternate timeline were the plane lands. However they are still on the island back in 2007. So we still aren't sure whether the plan actually worked. Juliet is dead, shame i didn't like her because the death scene was heart breaking and i really wanted to feel saddened by the sequence. Imposter Locke is revealed to be the smoke monster and it looks like Sawyer is back to his usual self. And the weirdest thing of the episode is back in alt world were we see the island under water! The opener in whole was very confusing but very entertaining and exciting and i found it a very good premiere.
  • Review is of both parts of 'LA X' and therefore contains spoilers.

f ever there were any doubt as to the insurmountable talents of Lost's executive producers and showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, one need only look to this double-header opener for the show's sixth and final season for proof that yup, these guys truly are the very definition of genii. When the fifth season ended quite literally with an almighty bang as Juliet detonated the bomb at the base of the Swan station, it appeared to everyone and their grandmother that the narrative could go one of two ways: the logical route, as dictated by the laws of time travel that have been outlined within the show, by which the attempt would fail due to the fact that The Incident always occurred, or the more fanciful route, in which the writers would press the reset button on the narrative; the plan would succeed and the Losties would never crash on the Island, making it all the way to LA X. No one considered the possibility that both could happen... but here we are, nine months later, our expectations confounded once again.

This really is a fantastic conceit, superbly crafted. Its strength lies in its inherent obliqueness; we don't know the meaning of what it is that we are watching. The narratives run side by side, juxtaposing one another, but we are never treated to an explanation as their purpose, or how they sit within the framework of the show. There are a number of interpretations: firstly, that the two are mutually exclusive and rather than being a definitive depiction of some sort of chronology, they function as a sort of 'what if'. Are Cuse and Lindelof showing us both sets of consequences? Will the episodes take us on a dualistic narratalogical journey until the finale, wherein we will see two conclusions? Should we treat this as a metatextual decision rather than a canonical one? (Or, if we wish to fit it into the teleology of the over-arching story, as some sort of parallel universe narrative?) Then, of course, we have the possibility that both strands are actuality, that one is simply a consequence of the other. So, the reversion to LA X happens but at a future point to where we are in terms of the show's unique chronology. Somehow, through the duration of the sixth season, through the continued trials and tribulations on the Island, the Losties will get another opportunity to change history. This certainly seems likelier - the narrative for the sixth year, much like the fourth, would essentially be cyclical, exploring the aftermath of the 'flash point' as well as how that point is reached.

However we wish to look at this device, there is no denying that it makes for utterly compelling viewing. The decision to explore the consequences of Flight 815 landing in L.A. not only allows for some old faces to get a little more screen time - it's great to see Ian Somerhalder back as the much-missed Boone (although Shannon's absence is a little conspicuous), Dominic Monaghan as pre-Island, messed up Charlie and, indeed, to hear Greg Grunberg's dulcet tones as the unfortunate pilot - but it also gives the narrative a deal of breathing space, taking characters in previously unexplored directions and making new connections. Jack befriending a wheelchair-bound Locke is perhaps the best example of this; it's a wonderfully organic sequence, playing exactly like any surface-level encounter would. Kate's efforts to escape the clutches of the Yellow Eyed Demon from Supernatural are also somewhat intriguing. As we end the episode on her commandeering a taxi with Claire inside, it looks like their lives are destined, once more, to become intertwined. One imagines this is how most of these strands will play out over the course of the season, since this is sure to continue through to the finale. We will see how the Losties become connected regardless of the Island, and also explore how they deal with the respective issues and neuroses that they resolved, to a greater or lesser extent, while cast away (Jin and Sun being a prime example). And it's a testament to the strength of every single member of the cast that they slip effortlessly back into their former roles as if it's been five minutes, not five years, in the interim.

On the Island, meanwhile, Lindelof and Cuse treat us to one gargantuan juggernaut of a plot, revealing facts, people and places previously only hinted at within the arc story. The notion that Jacob's 'old friend' is Smokey is something that many have hypothesised in the gap between seasons but its revelation comes as no less dramatic an event. The sequence in which the creature lays Jacob's bodyguards to waste is stupendous, brilliantly macabre and eerie, largely because we still don't know, after six whole years, exactly what the damn thing is or what those ruddy noises are. Tasked with portraying the 'human' aspect of the entity, Terry O'Quinn does an absolutely stellar job, making every line of dialogue seem like the creepiest thing you've ever heard. When he informs us that he wants to go home at hour's end, it's unrelentingly disturbing, the maddening look in Locke's eyes magnifying the unnerving nature of the scene. His interactions with both Ben and Richard are also rather beguiling, particularly the latter given that there seems to be some distinctly loaded history between the two.

Over the other side of the rock, Josh Holloway proves his worth a million times over with a colossally impressive goodbye sequence to Juliet. Credit to Elizabeth Mitchell, she's fantastic too and I defy anyone not to get at least a little teary-eyed at Sawyer holding her in his arms, trying to cling to the hope that she'll survive. Subsequently, of course, he's brilliant at conveying the character's anger, bitterness, resentment and sorrow, with sequences with Jack, Kate and Miles all stealing the show at various points. This being Lost, one death in two episodes simply isn't enough, so Lindelof and Cuse tease us with Sayed's unfortunate passing too in a series of scenes that finally allow us to get some semblance of a glimpse into the bats**t lives of the Natives. The fabled Temple is revealed and it's rather nifty, the weird whispers return, Cyndi makes an appearance (let's hope she sheds some light on what it is that these guys actually do!) and we find out exactly how Ben, and probably many others, were healed. Dunk them in some water, turn the hourglass and watch wonders work. Naturally, there are still many questions unanswered here, not the least of which is how Sayed manages to survive after having been pronounced dead, but even if there are few explanations, the story itself has sufficient dramatic momentum and enough intriguing intricacies to make for something truly fascinating.

In amongst all of this, we haven't even mentioned the ankh in Hurley's guitar case (a fantastic and unexpected twist), Miles's intriguing channelling of Juliet (what does she mean by 'it worked'?), the unusual blood mark on Jack's neck in the teaser sequence and Desmond's presence on the plane which prompts a slue of questions in itself. There's just so much on offer here that it's easy to lose track of all the talking points and that can only be described as a very, very good thing. 'LA X parts one and two' are episodes packed to the brim with drama, development, intrigue and mystery, designed both to confound your expectations and satisfy your need for clarity. With a wonderfully original plot structure and many, many outstanding scenes, this is yet another instant classic and a season opener to treasure. If this is the shape of Lost to come, we're in for the ride of our lives. 9.5 (both episodes)
  • thank god for the recaps before premieres [spoilers/questions*]

without that hour long recap i could have not have remembered half the stuff i needed to know. [but it reminded me that faraday died which was not cool]

so all last season i basically only thought WTF so i'm just hoping this season answers all these questions! with the finale's ending going white - o.m.g. i did see the first 4 minutes online before the premiere. it totally threw me off, i thought ok everything worked they're all good 815 safely lands in LAX. um, NO, well yes ... but no? this premiere managed to confuse me in the first 10 minutes, but i love every minute of being confused. with these two totally different story lines going on it's impossible to not be confused. the islands under water but they're on the island still but they safely made it home? i have some theories but i'd rather not say until i'm almost positive about them.

i loved all the irony the premiere. like Boone telling Locke "if this plane goes down i'm sticking with you" and Charlie "i was supposed to die" and Jack recognizing Desmond. whether the scenes on the plane are real or not, they all seem to still be connected despite not crashing on the island.

p.s. thanks for bringing Boone/Charlie, i wish those two never died

1] why does jack have a cut on his neck?
    2] why is Desmond on the plane? he was never on the original 815 flight
    3] an atomic bomb went off, and they were sent to the future and didn't die of radiation? (this show used to actually seem realistic)
    4] how did Juliet knew it worked before she died?
    5] shouldn't shannon have been on the plane?
    6] how did MIB get into locke's body? well not his actual body obviously but, oh my god i'm just confused!
    7] why were there one million and one commercial breaks - i'm all for the wtf cliffhanger and i need a moment to take it all in but i have my limits
    8] how did miss flight attendant end up part of the tribe at the temple? 9] was it just me or was ben in charge of the smoke monster before, but also was instructed by jacob? those two don't seem to be on the same team

all in all, great episode, as always
  • *** Spoiler-free *** Bomb unexpected side effects, fresh new character development and brain teasing questions but one disappointing story arc

Note : This review covers parts 1 and 2 of LA X

The Final Chapter recap was so well done that I naively jumped right into LA X crosshair with the mind full of the past events. Of course I remembered that Juliet successfully detonated the bomb in The Incident but my memory of what happened to some other characters wasn't as fresh. The story took off right after the big white flash. Considering how the past episodes were twisted and the writers's imagination amazingly vivid I really didn't know what to expect. Of course the adventure involved our favorite characters from "gorgeous don't mess with me" Kate, "romantic con" Sawyer to "not so man of science" Jack without forgetting the mysterious Johns Locke.

But what really happened to them ? And what about the island ? Did they land in Los Angeles as first planned ? And who's really the man behind Jacob's death ? All I can tell is that if you enjoyed the past seasons for their unpredictable and surreal arcs you'll definitely not be disappointed by this two hours premiere. As previously you'll get answers but the new developments also arose many deep questions.

All the elements that make Lost so fascinating are back, from the mystical vibe to the character connections jungle. Last but not least even if it wasn't perfect I don't see how someone could be disappointed by it. We could ask for much more but I know the best is yet to come and it's going to be one hell of a season. In fact the most surprising thing about LA X was the character development. We just never saw the characters like that. Remember how Jack and John's profiles were switched in Follow the Leader ? Well you better lose the compass because it's apparently pointing two directions at the same time. But Daniel Faraday and Desmond Hume taught us that time is relative and not a constant so you'll have to watch it to understand what I'm talking about.
  • Not sure what to think

I did love alot about these episodes. I loved the Smoke Monster pay off (finally!) and practically everything that happened on the island. The opening scene of the island under water was brilliant as well; very well shot and very eerie. Acting was of course amazing and so much happened in these episodes that its kudos to the writers for keeping everything structured and easy to follow.
    What didn't I like? Hmm... the alter universe has interesting possibilites HOWEVER how can we invest in a story that is a big what if? It's not just that; Kate being on the run is in the erm real timeline sorted and over with now, Sayid and Nadia is done, Jack never does get over his grief for his father but he enjoys a good 3 years of trying, Sawyer has lost all charactor development. The list could go on and on. These storylines were finished as early as season 4 through flash forwards. Are these all now to be forgotten? The writers need to be extremly careful here. If the alter universe is real then not just five years of the island happenings have gone but five years of charactor development, making every single episode up to then completly pointless. I trust the writers to get it right.
    All in all, very good opener. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  • Definitely the best premiere that Lost has ever thrown us

LA X (both parts) was an episode of intrigue and subtle brilliance. Was I the only one who felt that there wasn't a wasted scene in the entire thing?

Desmond sitting down next to Jack on the plane was a chilling moment. We knew things had changed, that Bernard had come back from the bathroom, that Charlie hadn't rushed past, that Rose was a bit weirder but it was seeing our favourite scot again that really brought home how much impact the island has had on their lives. Even if the alternate timeline ends in a few episodes (as I think it might) it would be worth it just to know the island was always their ultimate destiny and it shaped their lives for so long.

However it was the moment after Desmond sat down that really impacted me and a lot of others too no doubt. The camera going away and zooming towards the ground scared the hell out of me, I thought we were going to get a birdseye view of the island but no...because it has sunk. Wow. The image of a swingset under water will probably stay with me until the day I die. Thanks Darlton!

Overall nearly every moment in LA X had be either smiling or gasping like a good Lost episode should and some of our mysteries were answered. We saw the temple, found out what was in the guitar case and found out just exactly who The Man in Black is...the smoke monster. Admittedly obvious but still amazing.

There were only two factors of the episode I didn't like. Seeing Juliet die again sucked. Hopefully there was a reason of bringing her back other than her dying again because having her die with Jughead would have been more satisfying. I didn't need to see her again for closure.

Also what was inside the guitar case was a disapointment for me, the ankh just didn't have the desired effect...but what was inside the ankh did which is why I love this show. When you think you've got the grasp of something, the entire situation can be turned around.

Very good episode and perfectly sets up the season.

(And Richard in chains!! Can't wait to find out more)
  • What and opening to the beginning of the final season of Lost. Spoilers ahead, so don't read unless you saw the season premiere.

I watched the two hours of Lost and was drawn in as always. THis show never ceases to amaze me. Right now we have two different timelines, and I'm looking forward to see where these events will take us. One timeline shows all the Lost characters making it to California and going on about their lives. This leads to what most likely would've happened if the island have never interfered with any of them. Kate's is on the run again after escaping, and is helped by Sawyer on the elevator when he realizes she isn't much different then him. Charlie is going to prison for drugs thanks sort of to Jack who was just trying to save his life. Jin and Sun's relationship is still very much in trouble because Jin is still old Jin, the guy we didn't much like in that first season. Jack seems to be going back to saving people and still ready to complete miracles, and even offers to help Locke who is still in the wheelchair because of these new events. It was kind of funny seeing Jack and Locke talk, since they were pretty much enemies on the island. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Kate even runs into Claire while getting into a cab, and of course Claire is still very much pregnant and will likely be giving birth in Los Angeles instead of on the island where Kate helped with the babies birth. THis should be interesting as well.

THe second timeline puts all said characters back on the island in another alternate reality where they are all in the same year now but on different sides of the island. You have the one group by the statue, and then you have the Others who are living near a temple now. This is where all of the characters who were stuck in 1977 last season are now at after being taken prisoner or something like that. Locke has now become the smoke monster it seems in human form, and looks to be evil and the leader for the statue people which Richard and Ben use to be. It is now Ben who seems to have been put in Locke's old shoes and has become the victim of a sort. Jacob, who died at the end of last season, is now a ghost who talks to Hurley. By the end of this episode Sayid, who had died from his gunshot wound, has been resurrected and seems confused. The references and metaphors used comparing Sayid's rising from the dead to the the resurrection of Jesus are not lost on me, and probably not lost on anybody else who saw it.

Good beginning and a very strong episode, but I am surprised some people were disappointed. It is Lost. What did you expect? Answers to everything in the first episode? Lost has never been like that. It is a mystery after all. I know what I've written is a little all over the place, but it's just my thoughts and since so much was happening in the first episode of the new season, it was just hard to get it down more clearly. Looking forward to the next episode.
  • Could be better, some fillers, but overral did a good Job.

Plot Details/Objective -» This was just introduction, what happened with Jack and Co, the consequences of their actions and what is happening in Jacob´s place, it was like a update.

What I Like/Disliked -» The revelation about the smoke monster, the little action with the smoke monster and seeing some deaths characters.

Overall:

Presentation -» (10/10) Did the job, at the beginning, it really looked like they did it, and time ad space was changed, but there was a surprise about the island situation and also about what happened with Jack and Co from the present or original line. But like all the seasons, the presentation did an excellent job.
    Complication Phase -» (8/10) Not really exciting, the present situation (2007) for Jack part was only delaying things, The only and really nice thing is Jacob appearance and some clues, however, the present situation was well managed. Nice soft moments in the plane, for the alternative reality.
    Climax -» (9/10) For Jacob´s nemesis, things was more interesting, since we had a little showoff and a revelation/confirmation. Sawyer goodbye moment with is lover was nothing special, since the beginning anyone can guess what would happen.

Cliffhanger/Ending -» (8/10) I was expecting something big to wake me up and make me fall, however, the writers preferred the nice ending, Alternative Reality -» (8/10) There are some nice points, knowing from the beginning what happened to the island, was big, nice to know and open a great mountain of possibilities, but this episode focused only on the plane, so it felt like there was filler scenes, just to make time. Desmond appearance as always is a mystery because this is a alternative reality, so not all is the same because the island is underwater and is hard to know if even penny exist, since Wildmore can be dead, which means no penny for Desmond, which means xxxxx of question that can be raised.
    Time and Scenes Management -» (7/10) The writers decided to use some fillers, nothing really bad
    Plot Holes -» (9/10) Nothing to worry in this department

Drama/Emotions -» (8/10) Juliet and Sayid are in bad shape and someone has to go, also one more death to the lost pillar of dead. Seeing our losties in the plane, was nice.
    Mystery/Curiosity/Doubts/Hints -» (8/10) Some nice hints.
    Surprise/Twists -» (9/10) One major revelation
  • The risks of multiversal storytelling

From the feature-quality start, we know season 6's gonna be epic in scale. That's just fine, as long as the emotional core is there. And it is, ask Sawyer, Juliet and Jack. More, it's payoff and revelations time, with more answers about the smoke monster, the Temple, a solid clue to Richard Alpert's origin, and even smaller mysteries are resolved : Hurley's guitar, the circle of ash ... Things are great on the island ... and that's the problem : in comparison, the "alter-flashes" seem to slow down the pace. I get the point to them, and it's quite interesting to see the characters walk a different path, but it's just a huge "what if", and "what ifs" are not exciting. Let's hope they improve that. Anyway, great scenes ( Boone bonding with Locke ) , great lines ( "Am I alive ?" "Sorry you had to see me like that." )
  • A bomb goes off and now we have two running timelines - back to Sep 2004 on the plane and ?? 2007 on the island.

Long awaited return ends up as too much "What the he** are they doing with it now?" and not enough "Wow" factor. The whole mini nuclear bomb thing was a bit lame (from a technoid aspect) last year so coming up with a good way to continue the story was a tough job. Some old characters return, cameos or continuing? Jacob's foe (Esau?) lockes like trouble for all. Ben seems to be left without his usual smug machiavellian arrogance. This episode seemed a little flat, was expecting more sizzle and fun. Maybe it was just supposed to a setup show for future fun, but a disappointment for a season opener.
  • Exactly like I expected!

What a episode this was! Everything I expected or wasn't it? The creators of Lost promised us that everything we questioned will be answered in this season of Lost. A few questions have been answered!

The bomb worked! Or didn't it work? Huh? What? Yes you saw it correctly! It seems that the series has been split in to 2 timelines. 1 timeline that shows us the situation when the bomb worked and a timeline where it didn't. Smart, very smart! This is a great way to explain everything in this season in 2 perspectives!

Locke is the smoke monster! Well, this was a little bit of a "O RLY?" moment but yeah he's it! Jacob is actually dead and there are more people on the Island that we didn't even know of! More lore, more mystery!

In my opinion the best scenes of this episodes were the one where Charlie says "I was supposed to die", and Fake-Locke saying "I want to go home". How does Charlie know that he needed to die? Does Jack remember anything? Is this even a real timeline? Is Claire actually pregnant? Where the hell is Christian?

These are one those questions that needs to be answered.

My theory about Jacob's nemesis:
    He has been banished to the Island centuries ago, and Jacob is on the Island to keep him on the Island. Jacob is dead now so Fake-Locke is finally getting off the Island, at least this is what he hopes..

About the two timelines:
    At the end of the Final Season we will see that they will find a way to prevent the plane from crashing. I surely don't hope this will happen but who knows what the creators are up to?
  • E PIC

Either the bomb did work or it didn't work. Those were the two possibilities going into The Final Chapter, Jack either saved them all or doomed them all. I think it's reasonable to say that no one could have guessed the show would say, "You know what? What if it DID work AND DIDN'T work?!" Well to that I ask, how can such a simple conceit seem so mother effin g.d. brilliant? For LOST, the flashbacks were a cleverly addicting storytelling device. The flashforwards a genius twist that flipped the script on the entire series. Well, it seems we've done away with them both for the sickest, most daring narrative device yet: two completely parallel storylines. If you thought Time-travel was insane, get ready to follow our castaways in ALTERNATE UNIVERSES. I was 100% behind Jack in his decision to detonate the H-Bomb, and fully fell in love with the idea of a 'reset' for our survivors. The catch to this was it could feel cheap if things were COMPLETELY erased; after all we've been through, to say none of it ever happened is the equivalent of a movie ending where "it was all a dream". Lidelof and Cuse avoid this trap with the decision to give us the LAX scenario as well as the 'it didn't work' outcome. And as they have touted, I think it does complete their entire LOST 'mosaic'. Like the space before 'X' in the title of the episode, there is something...'off' about all our un-doomed castaways. Hurley is actually happy with his lotto winnings. Shannon stayed in Austrailia and didn't come back with Boone. Locke actually got to go on his walkabout! Is there a significance to these little changes? It certainly begs the question of certain individuals' fates- like Charlie nearly dying in the bathroom, or Bernard and Rose's (still cancerous) trip home. Strangers Kate and Sawyer are still exchanging lustful looks! I can't really stop beaming about everything we got here. It was fun seeing some old faces again, like Dr. Arzt and Neil Frogurt, and especially Cindy, who I think got more screen-time than she ever has before, lol (and was lookin kinda hot?) It was fun seeing familiar scenes playing out again with a slightly different air about them. It was fun looking for little hints and clues because we are in a situation now (with both timelines), that we do not know what will happen to anyone in the future.
    Kate and Claire are going for a taxi ride! Watch out!

No less compelling was the on-island drama, and I admit I feel a little silly kind of forgetting about all the what-ifs we were left with from the island front. People were so caught up with Juliet's sacrifice, it's easy to forget that Sayid was dying too. And what are the consequences of killing Jacob? Pretty much all of this episode was blow-it-out-your-ass awesome, but nothing was as mind-numbingly insane as discovering that the 'man in black' was really the friggin' Smoke monster all along! Whhaaa??!! It really makes all kinds of sense, and I feel stupid for not realizing it. This not only puts an entire new perspective on his dynamic with Jacob (why has he wanted him dead so badly all these years?) but re-watching the series, this puts a new spin on every time we've ever seen the creature. Besides my head trying to make sense of it all, it was utterly fantastic seeing characters like Ben and Richard try to make sense of it, pretty much in sheer horror in its presence. Smokey doesn't seem to be a fan of Alpert, though. We got another notable answer here: the black ash. Before the days of sonic fences, it seems this stuff was your best bet for all your anti-smokey repellent needs. Thank you for killing that annoying Ajira douchebag, by the way. Now if we can just get rid of Ilana... Back to Juliet, though. Man, it was pretty harsh of the writers to keep her alive only to squeeze one last heart-wrenching scene out of her and Sawyer. You gotta feel for the guy, and I don't blame him at all for wanting Jack's head. This is Dr. Sheppard's most epic of fails. Miles even stuck around to give the man formerly known as LaFleur Juliet's last message beyond the grave: (Raise your hand if you thought she was gonna say she was pregnant) "It worked." Hmm. I wonder how it can be that she knows that.

Priority shifted to saving Sayid, and Ghost Jacob gave Hurley specific instructions on how to do this- The Temple. Now we are going to see specifically how it was they saved 'lil Ben that time. Jacob truly being dead and gone begs the question, was he simply just a man? Anyhow, that dude from The Last Samurai seemed to be running the show over there, (with a less hot and dirty Cindy kickin it too) and in an ambiguously odd scene, they 'drowned' Sayid in their crazy Red Other Pool. It seemed Sayid had croaked- and I was ready to make some phone calls- when he popped back to life at the last minute. Hurrah! Or should I say, Jarrah! So the Others seemed in general high alert with the news of Jacob's death. No one to protect them from the wrath of the monster? It seems Smokey is free to unleash absolute hell. The biggest threat for everyone may not have been Ben or Whidmore after all. With all of this, and the new-lease-on-life "safe" 815 passengers on all new paths to destiny, I can whole-heartedly say LOVED LA X. I enjoyed every minute of the epic 2-hour premiere, completely satisfied with some of the answers we got and some great new questions.
  • Lost is back...

So.. I most really say.. That show has my hopes up and I really started to get really excited about it. It will be the final season. We will see and learn what it is all about and I really love to finally see quite many explanation behind many of the things.

So.. I cannot say it was bad episode.. for sure.. But I do not feel it was hyper great either. Some things were quite predictable (Juliet) and there really was only one moment that shocked me (that other "form" on "Locke"). Locke really had all the best pits again. The whole thing going on in the temple. For sure, the others will go there soon and there will be happy reunion but.. And I most say.. I really liked those "alternative reality flashes"(?) to see what if the plain hadn't crashed.. Specially intriguing was Desmond there.
  • Warning: Not only are there multiple spoilers here, but there's also a lengthy, over-written analysis on this incredible episode.

Move aside, Damages. Get out of the way, 24. The men and women who have helped model one of the greatest serial television shows of all time are back with a vengeance, bringing the same level of intrigue and mystery as always. Lost has made a habit out of reinventing themselves each season, changing the game in ways that most writers and directors wouldn't dare of doing. Where some shows play it safe from season to season, rarely departing from the same tired format, Lost has been able to change the game every season and keep people interested. The story may be confusing as hell and leave millions of people each week screaming at their televisions, but it's important to realize that Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have an endgame in mind. If you remember that, as I have been, the show is that much more enjoyable.

These two hours were chockful of little scenes that confused me, kept me interested, made me ask myself question after question.. and as for answers? Well, you'll have to watch it for yourself. I'll start with what I was disappointed with: there was nothing wrong with any of the scenes in terms of story. However, there was a little bit too much going on. That's nothing against the show; Lost has sort of set itself up for this, with Locke and Ben in 2007, the rest of the survivors back in 2007 and now a parallel universe with everybody back on Oceanic 815, the stories aren't given as much time as usual. It's a little disappointing that we don't get to see a little more of the island people, but I have a feeling that this parallel universe is going to really come to play a big role.

Other then that, it was the same high quality Lost we're used to. There were some incredible moments that I'm sure some Lost fans have been waiting for for ages. I'm specifically thinking about the scene where Locke quickly changes into the smoke monster, annihilating a good portion of Jacob's army, leaving Ben to sit in horror as Locke turns back into human form, claiming "Sorry you had to see me like that." Now if that's not enough confirmation that the Man in Black is the Smoke Monster, I don't know if there's anything that will convince people otherwise. The conversation between Ben and Locke near the end of the episode was especially revealing, as was Locke's cryptic comment to Richard. The identity of the Man in Black is beginning to come more into focus, and it's only a matter of time before we learn the whole story. It's unfortunate that more time couldn't be focused on Locke and the rest of the people on this side of the island, but I'm assuming we'll have plenty of time to focus on them. If there's anything in this episode that made it completely worth the long eight or nine month long wait, it was the entire Temple plot. The Temple has been referenced over and over again since Season 3, and upon seeing it, it only raises even MORE questions, something that may seem a bit disheartening going into a show that should be answering questions in its final season. However, it gives the show a new slant, something different to work with. This Japanese guy (appearently his name is Dogan?) who seems to run the Temple is my favorite new character right now, if only because there's so much mystery surrounding him. In fact, there seems to be hundreds of layers of mystery surrounding the entire Temple. What about the Hourglass that the Japanese guy flips over? The pool of water Sayid is dipped in? What in the hell is going on?! It seems Lindelof and Cuse are still capable of doing their job: confusing everyone out of their mind. Sayid coming back to life completely blew my mind, and hopefully, this will be addressed next episode.

As for the parallel universe plot, it's interesting, if not a little dull. With everything happening on the island, cutting back and forth to a parallel universe where the survivors never crashed seems a little weird. But then again, at the same time, it's really weird how there are a lot of parallels between what happened after they crashed and what happened after they landed. In the Pilot episode, Jack needs a pen from Boone, and as it turns out, he ends up needing a pen on the plane as well. In a way, this is almost supporting John Locke's original theory of destiny; these characters land on the other side, but still seem incapable of avoiding each other. Also, why is Desmond on the plane? He should be on the island hitting the button.. oh wait, the island is underwater and appears to be a ghost town.. if you're head isn't spinning by now just reading the recap, than I'm sure it'll be exploding by the time you watch it. It's nice to see Claire back, even if it's only in the parallel universe so far, and it's very nice to see Charlie back. The parallel universe was a nice way to re-introduce us to some characters that we haven't seen in a very long time. However, the slight changes make it a bit eerie.. for instance, Hurley being the luckiest person in the world as opposed to the most cursed? Desmond being on the plane instead of the Island? Charlie saying he was supposed to die after Jack saves him? Just some weird stuff.

What an episode. Lost certainly has left the audience with more questions than they probably anticipated coming into this episode, but it appears that we have nowhere to go but the end now. Answers will surely come, but until then, I'm fine with just watching and seeing how each individual plot plays out. We've invested so much time into these characters that it feels like even episodes that aren't as intense will be important and interesting. Hopefully, we learn a little bit more about The Temple and Jacob's people, about the history behind Jacob and the still mysterious Man in Black and about what in the world is going on in the alternative universe (It's also nice to see that next week's promo barely revealed anything. It's a shame when the promo's ruin all the good parts.)
  • Season 6 Premiere

Finally the best drama of all time (shut up Sopranoes fans) returns to TV for its last season. While this episode answered few questions and just built up many more, it did give us one revelation: the "monster" is now within John Locke's body.

I hate to say this show has lost some of its luster, because that's probably not the right way to describe it, but things today were very predictable. Did anybody not see Kate breaking out or Sayid being alive?

I still am reeling over everything that has happened tonight, but this was not nearly what I had anticipated.
  • Lost is back, and it's hitting the ground running like the Losties from the monster...hard...

This has to be one of the most intriguing and exhilarating season premieres I have ever seen in my life (and that's saying something since i watch 34 shows). Without spoiling too much, i just wanna say that i am soooo looking forward to the main villain of this season as it is going to be f**kin EPIC! The writers mess with you from the very beginning during the opening sequence all the way up until the very last second. Many questions are answered along the way but more just keep coming up (and good ones at that). I cannot wait until next Tuesday as it will be just...too freakin good...
  • CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok,I have to admit,I havent seen the whole 2 parts yet,I saw part 1 then had to go watch NCIS with my mom so hopefully I will get to part 2 soon.But I am happy to say that Charlie,my favorite castaway,is in this episode(part 1 at least),He is choking on his heroine that he tried to swallow and then is arrested after Jack saves his life by sticking his fingers down Charlies throat and pulling the heroine out! It was great to see a very emotional Sawyer as well,but right now all I can think of is seeing CHARLIE!!! I cant wait to see him in future episodes this season!