Lost

LaFleur

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 04, 2009 on ABC

• Lost is getting back one track: this episode was exciting, heartfelt, and didn't leave the audience with a painfully spinning head of confusion.

First off, let me say I was seriously looking forward to this episode with fear. I knew, knew, KNEW the writers were pushing Sawyer and Juliet together, but I didn't know how I felt about it. I was entirely unsure. Would they be eachother's consolation prizes after the departure of Jack and Kate, or would there be something genuine and intriguing between them?

So, first I'll say thank you to the writers for stopping the time warps. My head was beginning to ache just as much as the character sin the show. Nevertheless, hurrah for the brief view of the statue. I have been wondering about that scary four toed foot for quite a bit now.

Secondly, I'm liking the twist of the Losties being forced to join Dharma and that they are stuck in the 70's. It was convincing, put together well, and not forced at all. I won't spoil much more about how that goes down, but it was nice to have something finally happen in a logical sense.

And finally, onto the romance. You know, I really liked that we didn't see THE moment they get together. That's what I feared. Woudl it be convincing enough? Would it be believable after four seasons of Sawyer/Kate tension? And the writers pulled through. I think they took a much better route by showing the before and after.
    Yeah, I think the before was very believable. And the after was actually freaking precious. The two of them surprisingly make a really sweet couple: while Sawyer's attraction to Kate is somewhat shallow due to the fact that it's based in empathy towards their respective "dark" pasts and sexual attraction, Juliet really balances him out well. He's hard-headed and rambunctious, and her calm nature really fits with him well. But she's also strong and hard, enough to challenge him. I really, really, really LOVED it.

That being said, AUGHHHHHHH, why does Kate have such craptastic timing? Even so, I'm excited to see the tension. But I'd really love to find out how this is going to play out. I mean, really, I do believe Kate and Jack are meant to be. So I'm hoping it happens with Juliet and Sawyer as well.

On a side note, Richard Alpert is just wonderful. He's sort of like a vampire in his creepy, ageless, frightening, non-Edward Cullen kind of way.
    I love him, and I would just love to find out more about him....Please, writers? Please?

But, overall, great episode, look forward to the next one!!!!!!!!