Lost

Live Together, Die Alone (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 24, 2006 on ABC

• Awesome.

Michael leads Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley to the Others. Henry, the apparent leader of the Others, releases Hurley, takes Jack, Kate, and Sawyer as prisoners, and allows Michael and Walt to leave the island. Desmond returns and realizes that he crashed Flight 815 when he entered the numbers into the computer too late. Locke stops entering the numbers and traps himself, Mr. Eko and Desmond inside the hatch, which implodes. In flashbacks, Desmond is shipwrecked on the island and lives in the hatch with a man named Kelvin, whom he accidentally kills. Just where we left off - amazing last episoed and this episode was even better, I love the scene where Eko and Charlie are trying to get into Desmond and John. I love Charlie, I love it when he is running away from the explosion - amazingscenes. I love the scene where Jack and them get attacked. Oh and when Desmond says he crashed their plane - awesome. I love the scenes with Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley. The hatch scenes are awesome especially when they don't push the button on eof the best scene ever, amazing ending of the season.
  • Talk about closing the season with a bang--- and that's before the last two minutes

Whoa. We've made it to the end. And now that we're, it was a hell of trip. When we left Desmond and Locke, they had brought down the blast doors to keep Eko and Charlie from getting into the room with the computer. A flashback reveals not only that Desmond knew about the doors, he also knew about the map. Kelvin and Radzinski (who we learned committed suicide after too much time in the hatch But he's also known more than he thinks.. Because he also learned about the one part of the hatch that we never knew about--- the fail-safe key. The one thing that will destroy the station. This is foreshadowing, but we scarcely notice it, because Desmond's mind is clicking a lot faster than Locke's.

Eventually, he learned there was no quarantine, and that Kelvin was repairing the boat he came in. Outraged at what he thinks was a lie, he kills him, and then runs back to the hatch--- to see the computer going haywire, the words' system failure' being said over and over and metallic objects flying. The kicker--- this happen on September 22, 2004--- the day that Oceanic 815 fell from the sky. It is now accepted that Desmond crashed the plane.

Now, the obvious question, if Desmond knew that it was for real, why didn't he tell Jack and Locke about this when they broke the door down. Perhaps Desmond, who had been in the hatch for three years, thought it was an example of insanity. Maybe he thought the Dharma Initiative was testing him. Or maybe he thought that Locke was a man with he kind of faith that wouldn't falter. In his last flashback, we know Desmond was planning to kill himself when he opened the book he planned to read before he died--- and found a note from Penny, telling him that her love for him would never end, and that she would never give up on him. That night was also the night Boone died and Locke banged on the door. Turning the light on was not just a restoration of faith for Locke. It saved him as well.

Now when Locke takes his determination to the extreme and smashes the computer, he knows that has to save him. Because Locke was wrong, and we finally see what happens when the hieroglyphics come up. Charlie manages to get clear somehow, but Eko and Locke live to see the world becoming a nightmare. The electromagnetic energy hits critical, and the only way to stop it is to blow the hatch. Which Desmond does.

And, oh the results. The sky turns purple, a great whine is heard, and a light fills the entire island.. When it ended, I was now certain that we'd the last of Desmond. To paraphrase Locke (who uses it as the understatement of the century) I was wrong. But we won't figure out why he was saved and the consequences until the start of the next season.

Now, on the other side of the island, Michael leads his party to the pneumatic tubes and a pile of notebooks--- proving, too late to do anyone any good that the Pearl was the psychological experiment, not the Swan. And the experiment has terrible result for Jack and the others, as they are hit with the Other equivalent of tasers, and end up tied up and gagged as the Others lead them to a dock. In addition to learning some of their name (Mr. Friendly is Tom, Miss Klugh is Bea) we finally meet the man behind them--- and it's none other than Henry Gale. (By the way, the Others seems to look filthy when dealer with the survivors. We won't see how neat they truly are until next season.)

Henry doesn't look that pleased when he learns they have to let Walt and Michael go, but he agrees with arrangement. He tells them to keep on a head of 325 and they will find rescue. He also tells him some other things that are interesting. He says when they leave the island ,they will never be able to find their way back. Turns out that's not the case. He tells Michael that Walt was more than they bargained for--- which means they no longer think he serves a purpose, and are getting him as far from them as possible. But the most famous statement comes when Michael asks who they are: "We're the good guys." Now granted that Jack and the other survivors have killed four of the Others in the past two seasons, but in comparison with everything the Others have inflicted up till now, it's hard to see what he's talking about. We'll get a much closer look at how their society functions, but they do have a pretty realistic system of order, but does that excuse what they've done? It is not until Season 4, that we'll begin to understand why THEY consider themselves the 'good guys', but I'm still not sure I buy. Is it possible that anything associated with the island is capable of doing good? Are there any good and evil people here?

One last thing: note the contempt in Henry's voice when he wishes Michael 'Bon voyage'. It's as if he knows even now that Michael is never going to be done with the island. Both Walt and Michael leave (Malcolm David Kelley pretty much had to; it's impossible to have a child growing up in a so short a time span) but neither of them are finished with the island.

On the dock, Hurley is freed, with orders to return and tell his friends never to come after them. Jack, Kate and Sawyer--- they're coning with the Others. We're still not sure why they've been brought together, but from the expressions the three shoot each other, nothing good can cone of it.

Awesome stuff-- but we're still not done. For the first time not in a flashback--- we don't know where we are; it looks like the Arctic or Siberia where two men are playing chess. Then they see a computer flashing the number 7418880. Meant nothing to me, except when you learn its 4*8*15*16*23*42. But, even while were still trying to rewrite theories as to what the island is, one of the men gets on the phone and says: "I think we've found it." And we see that he's talking to Penny, who has remained faithful to her lover. Perhaps she is the beacon that will save the survivors.

This was an impressive end that did change the rules, and told us that while the series is about faith, it's also about love. Will Locke and Eko survive? Is Desmond going to live? What does the purple sky mean? What will happen to Kate, Jack and Sawyer? Where are Sayid, Jin and Sun? Is Penelope going to find the island? Several questions were answered, but a lot more were given--- which is what a season finale should do.
    My score:10
  • Perfect Pay oFF!!!

Logic/Details - » This episode focus on Interactions and how to make things more interesting for season 3. This is why Jack and Co are Captured. Michael is the first one to leave this Island, is ironic. Even the Ending make you want to see more. Some characters fate are unknown.

Why the Flight 815 Crashed in this Island is explained very well. No plot Holes here.

Progress -» The flashbacks advances and show what happened with desdmond in the Hatch during the 3 years. We have some stunning revelations. The ending keep you more curious, some of the Main Characters are in bad situation, Michael Fate revealed and finally you know what happens when you don´t press the button. More than this is impossible, simple perfect. Emotions/Stimulation/Highlights -» Overall, almost all the scenes are great, since they all are valuable. Curiosity, more mysteries, some resolution, stunning revelations and much more make this episode simple perfect, since it delivers every possible emotion that it can.

The Best Highlights are: 1 – Desdmond Last scene flashback (touching) 2 – Desdmond last scene (Sad) 3 – When Locke talks to Eko (brilliant), 4 – The interaction between the Others and our Losties (tension and mystery), 5 – The Stunning Revelation about the crash (Shocking), 6 – The Leader of the Other (great surprise), 7 – The Ending (another Brilliant idea)

Ending - » One of the Best Cliffhangers made in Lost. Surpass Last Season 1 from Miles. Overall - » This is the perfect pay off from this Season 2, which concentrates on revealing some things that we want to know since Season 1. There almost no single scene in this episode that is not interesting. This episode is simple mind blowing.
  • Irretrievable

Corán, Capítulo LI ¡En el nombre de Alá, el Compasivo, el Misericordioso!

1. ¡Por los que aventan!

2. ¡Por las que llevan una carga!

3. ¡Por las que se deslizan ligeras!

4. ¡Por los que distribuyen una orden!

5. ¡Ciertamente, aquello con que se os amenaza es verdad!

6. Y el Juicio, sí, tendrá lugar.

7. ¡Por el cielo surcado de órbitas!

8. Estáis en desacuerdo.

9. Algunos son desviados de él.

10. ¡Malditos sean los que siempre están conjeturando,

11. que están en un abismo, despreocupados,

12. que preguntan: «¿Cuándo llegará el día del Juicio?»!

13. El día que se les pruebe al fuego:

14. «¡Gustad vuestra prueba! Esto es lo que estabais impacientes por conocer».

15. Los que temen a Alá estarán entre jardines y fuentes,

16. tomando lo que su Señor les dé. Hicieron el bien en el pasado;

17. de noche dormían poco;

18. al rayar el alba, pedían perdón,

19. y parte de sus bienes correspondía de derecho al mendigo y al indigente.

20. En la tierra hay signos para los convencidos,

21. y en vosotros mismos también. ¿Es que no veis?

22. Y en el cielo tenéis vuestro sustento y lo que se os ha prometido.

23. ¡Por el Señor del cielo y de la tierra, que es tanta verdad como que habláis!

24. ¿Te has enterado de la historia de los huéspedes honrados de Abraham?

25. Cuando entraron en su casa. Dijeron: «¡Paz!». Dijo: «¡Paz! Sois gente desconocida».

26. Se fue discretamente a los suyos y trajo un ternero cebado,

27. que les ofreció. Dijo: «¿Es que no coméis?»

28. Y sintió temor de ellos. Dijeron: «¡No temas!» Y le dieron la buena nueva de un muchacho lleno de ciencia.

29. Su mujer, entonces, se puso a gritar. Golpeóse el rostro y dijo: «Pero ¡si soy una vieja estéril!»

30. Dijeron: «Así ha dicho tu Señor. Es Él el Sabio, el Omnisciente».

31. Dijo: «¿Qué es lo que os trae, ¡enviados!?»

32. Dijeron: «Se nos ha enviado a un pueblo pecador

33. para enviar contra ellos piedras de barro cocido,

34. marcadas junto a tu Señor para los inmoderados».

35. Y sacamos a los creyentes que en ella había,

36. pero sólo encontramos en ella una casa de gente sometida a Alá.

37. Y dejamos en ella un signo para los que temen el castigo doloroso.

38. Y en Moisés. Cuando le enviamos a Faraón con una autoridad manifiesta.

39. Pero, seguro de su poder, se volvió y dijo: «¡Es un mago o un poseso!»

40. Entonces les sorprendimos, a él y a sus tropas, y los arrojamos al mar. Había incurrido en censura.

41. Y en los aditas. Cuando enviamos contra ellos el viento desvastador,

42. que pulverizaba todo cuanto encontraba a su paso.

43. Y en los tamudeos. Cuando se les dijo: «¡Gozad aún por algún tiempo!»

44. Pero infringieron la orden de su Señor y les sorprendió el Rayo, viéndolo venir.

45. No pudieron tenerse en pie, ni defenderse.

46. Y al pueblo de Noé. Fue un pueblo perverso.

47. Y el cielo, lo construimos con fuerza. Y, ciertamente, asignamos un vasto espacio.

48. Y la tierra, la extendimos. ¡Qué bien que la preparamos!

49. Todo lo creamos por parejas. Quizás, así, os dejéis amonestar.

50. «¡Refugiaos, pues, en Alá! Soy para vosotros, de Su parte, un monitor que habla claro.

51. ¡No pongáis a otro dios junto con Alá! Soy para vosotros, de Su parte, un monitor que habla claro».

52. Asimismo, no vino a los que fueron antes ningún enviado que no dijeran: «¡Es un mago o un poseso!»

53. ¿Es que se han legado eso unos a otros? ¡No! ¡Son gente rebelde!

54. ¡Apártate de ellos y, así, no incurrirás en censura!

55. ¡Y amonesta, que la amonestación aprovecha a los creyentes!

56. No he creado a los genios y a los hombres sino para que Me sirvan.

57. No quiero de ellos ningún sustento, no quiero que Me alimenten.

58. Alá es el Proveedor de todo, el Fuerte, el Firme.

59. Los impíos correrán la misma suerte que corrieron sus semejantes. ¡Que no Me den, pues, prisa!

60. ¡Ay de los que no creen, por el día con que se les amenaza!
  • Season 2 may have had its ups and downs but it all led up to this mindblowing episode, one of the best of the entire series.

After watching Season 1's finale, "Exodus Part 2", I thought I had seen the best Lost episode ever made. But to quote John Locke, "I was wrong!"
    This was a mindblowing episode that had all the ingredients of a classic Lost tale.
    Season 2 had its problems, most of them in the first half. After the initial few episodes, which included the sublime, "Man of Science, Man of Faith" and "Orientation", the season wallowed somewhat through the next band of episodes, not offering the same amount of exciting action/adventure thrills or nail-biting dramatic character exchanges, as what we had previously seen. Something what literally lost from the series. Many of the episodes were too slow in pace, offered little in answers and often concentrated too much on the character's issues than on their situation on the island, a problem that really came to light in the Charlie episode, "Fire + Water".
    The episodes were still reasonably enjoyable but something wasn't the same. Episodes like "The Other 48 Days" and "The 23rd Psalm" were two good additions but it wasn't until after the half-way mark where Lost found its stride again.
    The finale aside the best moment of Season 2 was the back-to-back episodes of "The Long Con", "One of Them" and "Maternity Leave", which in a nutshell quickly dispelled rumours that the show had completely lost it.
    The second half of the season was much more exciting, and the momentum was back. It all built nicely to this finale, which shifted gears again.
    In many ways the finale returned to the type of visuals thrills that were seen in the "Pilot" episode. Not even last season's finale was as action-packed as this one. In fact in terms of adrenalin "Exodus Part 2" pales in comparison.
    Some poeple had complained that for all the action and special effects in this finale the writers had sacrificed character development. I agree with another reviewer that the writers had all of this season to work on character development and did so, sacrificing the adventure in the process. This is why the first half of this season feels a little slow. The way the finale played out is EXACTLY how a finale should play out, just like a premier episode should play out. In any case I found there to be enough character development in this episode, particularly with Desmond, who is a great addition to the show. In fact it is the new characters that have helped to guide the show and make it interesting and remain fresh. Henry Gale was instrumental in giving the series a new life mid-way through the season and Desmond has done the same in the finale.
    This episode will make you jump, scream, laugh, cry and gasp at every moment. The Desmond flashbacks are particularly impressive, very emotional and tragic. The moment when Desmond reads Penny's letter in the Hatch is particularly heart-wrenching and raises a tear.
    I loved the whole link with Desmond in the Hatch and Locke's screaming, which we saw in "Deus Ex Machina". It shows that the writers never forget previous moments on Lost and that anything that is raised and left open will not stay open-ended. "Deus Ex Machina", the magnificent episode from Season 1, has been referenced many times in Season 2. In fact it may the most important episode of Season 1 to prepare you for Season 2. The events of the Season 1 episode are referenced in the episodes, "The Other 48 Days", "The 23rd Psalm", "?" and the finale.
    Who would have known that the Drug Smuggler plane, seen in Season 1 would play such a pivotal role in both the character and mythology plotlines?
    I think this is what so impressive about the show as a whole, in that it never lays to rest any event on the island. There are very few things brought up on the show just to be used as a convenient plot device.
    It was great to see Henry Gale back. He was just so creepy in this episode. The highlight really was the implosion of the Swan Station. Watching all the appliances hurtling to the magnetic wall and things exploding was truly terrifying and was easily the most intense moments of the show since the Pilot.
    The episode was well constructed and, despite what the nay-sayers may think, it provided plenty of important answers in a logical way, closing one chapter of the mythology, whilst opening up another one. In terms of what we learn on the show, I think it is important to believe that any exposition we get on the mysteries of the island should be taken as the truth, until it is exposed as a lie further down the line. What Inman told Desmond in the flashback about Electromagnetism and "The Incident" should be taken as gospel. So the truth, as it stands at the moment, at least is that a build-up of electromagnetism caused Oceanic Flight 815 to crash. The revelation and how it is told is brilliant.
    The performances from all the cast are great. Desmond and Locke are at the top of their game. You can feel the torture of both men, as they struggle to believe what they want to.
    And then there was that end scene! So the world does exist, as Desmond did doubt. We, the audience, did doubt this too and many theories were quickly debunked after watching this scene. So, if Penny and her men have now found the island, does this mean that the survivors are closer to leaving? It also begs the question as to whether the implosion of the hatch had destroyed the electromagnetic properties of the island, thus removing the invisible cloak that the island may have been protected from. Now it seems anyone could get to the island? Henry Gale seems to think differently for some reason as he tells Michael that once he leaves he will never find his way back. Does Henry Gale know what happened with the Hatch? Henry has raised a similar point before when he tells the survivors that God can't see this island any more than anyone else. Was this because of the cloak? If the hatch is now destroyed has the cloak also? Or is something else on the island now controlling the electromagnetism? Did the implosion cause the energy to leak out everywhere on the island?
    With all the answers there are still many questions but I am very patient with the writers. I know they will deliver.
    This is an episode that certainly delievered the goods and reaffirmed my faith in the show. Now I can't wait to see Season 3......
  • OMG

Locke and Desmond lock Mr Eko out of the hatch and plan to let the clock run down to zero, Eko must find some help from Charlie in which they try to blow the blast door open with bad results, the button reaches zero and the fate of Locke, Eko and Desomnd are unknown (Charlie escapes). Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer and Michael travel to the others camp, but are caught Michael gets Walt back and leaves the island.Hurley is released but ther other three are taking by Ben and the others. In a flashback Desmonds Life on the island is revealed.
    ARGH! Its was AMAZING, thats all I'm going to say.
  • A Desmond-centric episode.

Let me just start off this review by saying that as whole, I absolutely loved this episode. I have to say that I think that Desmond is a very interesting character. I loved all of the flashbacks of his life. All of the story lines in this episode were great, and I loved all of the shocking revelations that were revealed in this episode. I especially liked learning about what caused the plane to crash on the island. I have to say that I absolutely loved Charlie in this episode. I just wish that he had been featured a little bit more since he's one of my most favorite characters on the show. I'm very glad to see that Charlie and Claire seem to have stopped fighting and made up with each other. I loved the ending of the episode. That definitely was a great way to end the season. All in all, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost from everyone involved, and I can't wait to start watching my Lost: Season Three DVD set in order to find out what happens next.
  • Amazing Season Finale!

This will be a duplicate review for "Live Together, Die Alone" parts 1 and 2, since they are the same episode.

Desmond has flashbacks to his love, Penelope, meeting Libby who gives him the boat, and to the island when he was in the hatch.

The boat found contains Desmond. Locke is determined not to push the button. Eko wants to though. Locke and Desmond lock Eko out. Desmond realizes that he is the one who crashed the plane when he didn't push the button. Michael, Jack, Sawyer, Hurley and Kate go to get Walt, while Sayid, Sun and Jin follow behind. Michael takes them to a different place than Sayid expects, which gets Sawyer, Kate, Jack and Hurley captured by the Others. Eko gets Charlie to help him in blowing open the doors, but it doesn't work. Desmond wants to push the button, but Locke destroys the computer. The Others let Michael go home with Walt. They give him a boat. Michael and Walt leave the island. They let Hurley go to warn everyone not to cross pathes with the Others. Then, they take Jack, Sawyer and Kate hostage. It seems that "Henry" is the leader. The timer runs out and the whole place is shaking. A terrible sound wave goes throughout the island. Locke admits he was wrong. Desmond saves the place by putting the key in the failsafe. Charlie and Claire kiss. Two guys find out that an electromagnetic thing happened and call Penny to tell her.

This episode was so great! The ending was tight! I can't believe Michael left. I hate him. I want to know more about the Others now. I also am wondering what Danielle thinks. This episode gets a 10 out of 10 from me!
  • Meeting with the others

This was an alright episode. Not much happened though. Desmond's Flashbacks were pretty interesting. I was a little skeptical about him at first but watching his flashbacks kinda made me understand him a lot better. I was relived when Jack exposed Michael for the liar that he was. Locke just can't make his mind up about the hatch. One minute he all about pushing the button, in the next minute he don't want to. Now because of all this confusion he almost blew up the world. Luckily because Desmond has some type of sense, he was able to stop this big catastrophe. Love the cliff hanger at the end. I definitly wanted to watch season three, just so I could see what happened to Jack Kate and Sawyer.
  • AMAZING.

ARGH! Its was AMAZING, thats all I'm going to say.
  • Awesome

We know that it's going to be a cliffhanger, but the way the show got to the end of the season is not a bad thing. The drama plays out really well. Eko blows up the entrance of the hatch just as Locke doesn't push the button when the time came to do it. Jack gets trapped with Kate, Sawyer and Hurley. Walt finally shows up. Things don't look good for the other survivors. It's a really good ending for a season, this episode works out really well. It's well made, the actors really played their parts very convincingly. It's a really good finale for season 2.
  • The swan is gone Part 2

In this episode the button finally reaches Zero but it causes major problems. Desmond realises that he caused Oceanic Flight 815 to crahs by not entering the code. The flashback is more about Desmond's three years in the hatch. Desmond reads the print out form the question mark hatch and realises that the button says system failure when the button is not pressed. He fights Locke to push the button, but Locke distroys the computer. Desmond them turns the key under the hatch to stop the hatch from exploding. Meanwhile Kate, Jack and Saywer are kept by the others and are 'going home with them'. Hurely is left to go back to the beach and Michael and Walt go home.. or do they. Finally in the closing seconds we see Desmonds Penny is still searching for him, and she thinks she has found him....
  • Review

I like the way that several things were tied up - yet we were left with a lot of chiff hangers as well, which is what I expect from just about every show when it comes to the finale. What the others want with only Kate, Jack, and Sawyer is interesting to me. I wonder why they didnt pick to take Locke and Sayid, as it would seem that by taking those 2 they would have the 5 essentail leaders of the losties. Desmonds flashbacks were again amazing - learning how much Penny truly loves him and what was going on in the hatch right before the losties got there. The letter that Penny wrote was excellenet and Desmonds reaction was one of the best pieces of action of the entire series. I think that Season 2 came to a very intense and mysterious close, perfect for LOST in my thoughts...
  • The final stand of Faith and Science - which one will win?

The second part of the two hour season 2 finale is just as amazing - if not even more - than the first one.

Locke is determined to find out what happens if the button isn't pushed.

Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Michael and Hurley are continuing the journey, despite the fact each one of 'em know about Michael's betrayal now - there's simply no way back. The others are already excepting them.

Sayid, Jin and Sun has finally reached their destination - the other's camp. Sayid decides to ambush the camp alone. He searches every single tent, but he finds not only nobody, but nothing! They're all empty. Including the well guarded 'Door', which is really just a door! Yes, that's right! Decoy village. The others set it up so Michael won't have to lie about their life style.

Meanwhile, Desmond has several flashbacks. In one of them, we learn about the blast door map. His partner's ex partner Radzinsky started painting it - and now, Kelvin is trying to finish it.

Both Desmond and Kelvin knew how to make fake lockdowns, so they could continue the painting.

Also, Desmond asks Kelvin about the orientation video - why are there missing scenes? Well, the answer is simple, yet confusing: It was Radzinsky's idea. But why...? And of course, this raises a big question. Who's Radzinsky? well, Kelvin shows Desmond of what left of him: a small stain on the hatch ceiling : appearently, he shot himself. At least, that's what Kelvin says...

Meanwhile, Eko asks for Charlie's help to get inside the computer room of the hatch: Eko gathers the dynamites used to open the hatch door with Charlie's help, to crack one of the blast doors.

However, the blast door wasn't even harmed: not even a little. It was actually Eko almost blowing up himself and Charlie. In Desmond's flashback, we learn about the hatch: it's purpose. The whole button pushing mechanism is to prevent the magnet from overloading - as it overloaded back in time causing the mysterious 'incident' - since then, the button has to be pushed. However, there's another way to end it all: by turning the failsafe key. The failsafe key, if used, everything blows up. The magnet, the hatch. However, are you brave enough to kill yourself AND your partner? Meanwhile, on the island, Desmond makes a horrendously big discovery. He looks through the stuff Locke and Eko carried over from the Pearl hatch - he finds the log. The log of every button push - when it occured, what time. And, then...

in 9/22/04, the button wasn't pushed. We quickly flashback to this day: Kelvin left the hatch, but Desmond followed him this time, as Kelvin's clothes had a hole on it. And yes; the air wasn't poisonous as Kelvin claimed: he just conned Desmond so he would stay in the hatch pushing the button all the time! Also, Desmond's boat MADE it to the beach, which means that Kelvin also lied about this.

Desmond gets angry as he realizes how Kelvin basically STOLE his life. Desmond punches Kelvin, who collapses, and hits a sharp stone with his head - he's dead.

Soon, Desmond realizes they've been out for a very long time - the button! As he rushes back to the hatch, the timer's already under 0 - the hieloglyphs on the timer are shown. SYSTEM FAILURE. Everything metal, iron starts flying towards the magnet - it started overload! Luckily, Desmond succeed pushing the button without causing any damage... or not. Oceanic Air Flight 815 crashed. Because of Desmond.

Now, let's go back to Michael's trek. Sayid lighted the fire as he promised. However, Michael and co are heading the very wrong direction. They are getting further away from the beach. But it's too late... too late, because the others are already there. And there's no escape. Sawyer, Hurley, Jack and Kate are all captured by the others.
    Michael did what he asked for... now it's his turn to get what he wanted.

Meanwhile, in the hatch, Desmond soonly realizes that the button DOES have a meaning. And he tries to push the button, but Locke instead of letting him destroys the computer: he's not a believer anymore.

And the best part of episode is coming up.

Desmond has flashback of what happened to him after Kelvin died. He's trapped in the hatch.. alone. With no way out. He's reading Penny's letter, and he's all crashed. He's in love, but he can't do anything with that. So he's about to commit suicide, when.... he hears banging on the hatch door.

Yes, it's Locke. John Locke after Boone died: banging on the hatch door. Shouting. Desmond turns the lights on to see who's it: And Locke's faith restores as he sees the light: same happens with Desmond. His faith restores as he sees someone else out there. Alive.

On the island, we only have a few seconds left. Desmond cancels the lockdown. Charlie and Eko are still there - Eko is barely alive. Desmond gets out the failsafe key - it's time for him to save the day!

Locke's still not believing. He's still thinking it's all a test. But it's not. The timer goes past 0, all of the hieloglyphs appear. The hatch starts shaking... everything starts flying. Forks, spoons, bicycles, everything. Desmond's dialogue with Locke is beautiful here.

Desmond tells Locke to go as far away as possible because he's going to blow up the whole hatch. Eko, instead of running away, goes to Locke. And then, suddenly... Locke realizes that what he's done was wrong. Faith restored. He was wrong. And now, he knows it.

Desmond turns the failsafe key by remembering Penny's last words in her letter:

'All you really need to survive is one person who truly loves us. And you have her. I'll wait for you, always.'

'I love you Penny'

- Desmond turns the key -

The result of the failsafe key being used is incredible. The whole sky turns into violent white colour, and a very high pitched, very loud noise is heard for about a minute. Everyone on the island sees and hears it. The hatch has imploded.

The others, and the now captured losties are taken to dock, where Henry Gale, the LEADER of the others arrive on a boat, with Walt on it. He keeps his promise: he lets Michael and Walt go free. Out the island. But... they can never come back.

Hurley is also let go: back to his camp. He is only used as a messenger to tell the other survivors to NEVER go back there.

And now... Kate and Sawyer and Jack are captured.

we shift back to the beach, where Charlie appears. He barely hears anything, and seems a little shook up. He doesn't seem concerned about the fate of Eko and Locke and Desmond. He thought they already arrived to the camp...

And now. The final 2 minutes.

A snow station. Two researches. What are these guys up to? who are they and where?

They are speaking portugese. Playing chess... then suddenly their computer starts blinking. Electromagnetic anomaly detected. What...?

One of them calls a woman. A woman named Penelope Widmore. 'I think we found it'

Shocking. Surprising. Excellent cliffhanger.

OVerally, the episode has everything Lost is likable for: drama, action, mysteries, questions and even answers this time. And a great cliffhanger. Great character development for Locke and Desmond - especially for Desmond. It was interesting to watch his character evolve in the flashbacks AND the island. Same for Locke- faith restored!

One of the best IF NOT the BEST finales ever!

And as for the question in my teaser: Science and faith are both winners. Without faith, Desmond would've killed himself that night. But without science, Penny would've never found the island.
  • Damit, Lost is over for another 4 months nooooooooo...........

I didn't want this day to come.The Lost series finale.This means There would be no more until October.It really was a great episode though.We see that Eko has a plan to get into the hatch.he must stop Locke and Desmond from killing everyone.He and Charlie get the dynamite and blow open the door.But it stays shut and Eko injures himself.Charlie gets out safe but Eko's still inside.
    Elsewhere Jack, Sawyer, Hurley, Mike and Kate are on there way to the others.On the way they get captured and brought to the peer by the others.Meanwhile the timer in the hatch reaches 0 and theres a big noise and the sky turns purple.In the end we see Ben say {"Your freinds are coming home with us".Also Mike takes Walt and they leave for freedom.
    In the end we see 2 portugeese men out at sea.They see the computor and it sais.Magnetic Anomaly detected.
    They call up Penny(Des's wife)And they say "I think We Found It".
    Damit it's over
    LOST
  • This episode is about Desmond.

This episode was shown as a 2 hour season finale and this was only the part 2 0f 2. This is 1 hour of the episode followed by the theories that we might have had. Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back by Michael leading them to the others It is a trap and so Sayid notices this. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a decision regarding the "button" and the hatch. This episode is about Desmond. My favorite part of this episode is when well everything. This episode really deserves a 10 out of 10.
  • I think i was shocked...

Great, no, amazing ending. I really didn\'t see it happening. This episode was two hours of plain amazing tv. Not only did it sum up well what the whole season was about but it left the show going in a new interesting direction.

I still cant get over the ending, which shocked even the best of people. After Locke admitted that he was wrong about faith and other stuff, the hatch blew up as a piece came flying out of the sky and almost killed Claire. A blinding light was emitted all over the island, and as the team tried to figure out what was going on, they had to figure out a solution to their own problem as they were held by the Others. Michael had left with Walt with a compass direction for \"help\". Certainly it wont be the end for them. But then the crazy brazilian?? guy rang Penelope and told her of the tremor, and she looked up. She had found her man lol.

Overall great episode of TV!
  • I was speechless when I was watching this episode. This is the BEST episdoe of Lost ever!

In this season two finale, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, and Michael trek to the others camp, or so they think, to get Walt back. Really what is happening is that Michael is tricking the other survivors inot getting off the island with a boat and his boy, Walt. The scene where Kate, Jack, Sawyer, and Huyrley are captured by electro-shock darts was an amazing scene. In the end, Michael and Walt leave island and the survivors behind. Jack, Sawyer, and Kate are captured by teh others. Hurley is sent back to the beach to tell the other survivors what has happened. In the hatch, Locke and Desmond lock Eko out of the computer room. They then let the timer hit zero, cuasing the hatch to explode. The sky turned violet and it was another amazing scene. On the beach, Charlie finally kisses Claire! This episode will be hard to top later on it the future!
  • "This episode was so thrilling, and yet.. many secrets were revealed... and then again, we didn't find out anything!"

___________________________________________________________

I think that's why I like this show. Like the scene where Sayid is going to open the doors with "Dharma" sign, and you know, it's getting so exciting, the music is getting creepy aaaaaand.... nothing. Nothing. Actually, there was something, but there wasn't any ecntrance to the hatch or something similar.

I can't believe Michael actually did that. I can't wait for next episode... it is just so mysterious. And, what I also liked about this episode was the fact that we found out what actually happened to Desmond.
  • After this episode I thought; can this show get any better?

This 2 hour season finale proved a few things.
    Firstly, it proved that the writers are definitely not making up things on the run.
    Secondly, it proved that it's still one of if not the best dramas on TV.
    Thirdly, it just proved that it's possible to rate an episode 10.

This episode had excellent storylines. Zero 'idling', no water-trading here. Action packed, dramatic, revealing. Just what every Lost viewer dreams of.

The last 40 minutes is probably the best 40 minutes of television ever. Michael's betrayel was tragic. The key figures of the lost camp got captured by the others.

The hatch due to the button not being pushed blew up. The fates of Eko, Locke and Desmond are in danger.

Sayid, Jin and Sun decided to trade the sailboat of Desmond to visit the others. The other's camp, what Michael described. The camp was there, ther other's werent. Nice fakeout there!

And the final scene... well, that was really breathtaking. First scene of outside world, too. All in all, if there's something to watch Lost for, this episode is it. It's all worth.
  • Micheal leads Jack, Kate, Hugo and sawyer into the jungle (back to the \"others\") The group get ambushed, Micheal gets Walt back and a boat to leave the island. Locke locks Mr Eko out which Mr Eko tries to blow the door open. Desm

Well what a way to sum up the ending of series 2, this and the past few episodes helped the season pick up after a slow patch in the middle of the season but these epsiodes picked everything up to 100mph. You find out what Micheal has been up to and where he got too and why he came back and killed the two Anna Lucia and Libby in the hatch. Then Micheal comed back with orders from the other to take Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hugo back with him, which leads them 4 into an ambush by \\\"the others\\\" and as part of the deal Micheal gets Walt back and leaves the island (but as we have seen is there a way to get away from the island - I am sure Season 3 will show us)

You find out that \\\"the others\\\" have more to them than we already think. Very clever how the productors have used \\\"the others\\\" and how they act/move.

Then on the other story of Locke vs Mr Eko in the hatch with Locke locking Mr Eko out and letting the clock countdown, with Desmound finally turning the key. Finally the flashback of Desmond is played thoughout the epsiode showing how he ended up on the island and what happened to him following being found on the island.

A perfect episode to end the season and a perfect way to keep people wanting more, more, more. Bring on Season 3.

Well Well Well, i no this was a late review but all begins again in little over 24 hours and i am sure i dont need to say but i think everyone can not wait for Season 3 and what else the island/ \\\"the others\\\" have instore for the remaining people. No doubt i will be writing reviews for season three so if you wish please have a look.
  • The season finale which has caused to me to go crazy all summer!!!

This episode is so amazing!! The cliff hanger they left us with was so intense!! I have been crazily waiting all summer to see what happens!! I cant wait to find out why the others want Sawyer, Jack, and Kate! and also why they let Hurley go. Hopefully this will be explained soon! The others had their chance to take Sawyer when he was on the raft, and the others couldve taken all of them (sawyer jack and kate) when they went after Michael! So I cant wait to find out why they waited. Finally finding out that entering the numbers really did have a purpose was great!! I loved the way they executed this episode!!! *************my favorite quotes:**************

****Eko: Charlie! Do you know how they got the hatch door open? Charlie: No, but if you hum it, I can probably play it. ********Locke: Hello, Desmond. Desmond: "Hello" yourself, box man.

********* Penelope: What are you running from, Desmond? Desmond: I have to get my honor back. And that's what I'm running to.

******Charlie: John, look, seriously, you are about to be detonated! ********Desmond: What if you've got it backwards? Locke: "Backwards"? Desmond: What if the experiment wasn't on the two men in here but on the two men in there?
  • Best finale ever...

First part ended with a confident Jack who admitted having a good plan to confront The Others. Jack´s notice about Michael´s murders left everyone shocked, no one could have predicted this. While walking, Jack explains that Sayid was going to follow by Desmond´s boat and set a fire when he finds The Others´camp. But they don´t know that The Others have already thought about that.

Meanwhile, Desmond´s flashback show us how he ended up on the island; we learn that he had been in prison, but nothing explains us why. Another misterious conection between characters takes place when Desmond meets Libby, or Elizabeth, and she offers him a boat in order to help him in his aim to bear his father´s girlfriend. Libby explains that the boat was a gift from his now dead husband, David, who could probably be Hurley´s imaginary “friend”... Nothing is impossibe in this series so why not?

Then, one of the most important moments in this episode is the discussion between Desmond and Locke, because with just a few minutes left to push the button, Desmond discovers that he was the responsible for the plane crash. Everything seems very clear, but Locke doesn´t believe this and feels he is the one who has to end all that lie, that´s why he keeps on with his “mission” with only few seconds left. Desmond tries to convince him, but it´s too late, so he switches on a hidden key and everything turns white: some kind of explosion takes place and we know nothing else about these three characters: Desmond, Locke and Eko, who suddenly woke up before the explosion but is still able to see Locke telling him “I was wrong”... It´s not a very happy ending, but is in some way funny.

What happened to Kate, Jack, Sawyer and Hurley is not what Jack predicted. Sayid fails to follow them because on his arrival he finds nothing but a fake camp. One more point for The Others.

So, what happens when they are trapped by The Others is simple: they meet Mr. Friendly and Dr. Klugh among others and see a small boat coming from the beach. Henry Gale, who seems to be some kind of leader, comes out from this boat and lets Michael go away with his son, although Henry is not very pleased with that.

Hurley is told to inform the rest of the survivors not to pass to that side of the island, something we already knew, and The Others let him free.
    Regarding to Jack, Kate and Sawyer, they are taken somewhere we don´t know, we just have to wait for next 4th of October...
  • lost at it's best

most of you don't write about the questions that came up about darma
    why are all this written papers in the jungle
    i thought they would go to another hatch or something like that
    after sending by "The Pearl"
    there are more questions then there were before which i really loved
    most exciting questions
    what happenend to desmond,lock and eko
    why is charlie actting so strange?
    is "henry" really the leader of the others ?
    which role plays desmonds ex-wife?(that cliffhanger really reallt suprised me)
    can michael and walt get away?(don' think so/hope michael will return to safe his friends)
    what will happen to jack,kate and sawyer
    btw
    loved the scene when the 3 looked at each other

can't wait for season 3
  • The best written episode of the entire series so far

This second half of the season 2 finale is the perfect example of what a season finale should be, there were twists, turns, betrayals, revealing flashbacks, new shocking character relations, more information on the mysterious "Others", and of course a perfect cliffhanger to set you up for season three. Although this episode is a part of two to be one, it is definetly the better of the two, in it we learn so much more about the mysterious Desmond, since this is a "Desmond-centric" episode, and of course we again see the "Others" and learn much more about their inner circle, including the importance of the formerly shady "Henry Gale", for those of you who have not seen the episode, I urge you not to settle to hear or read about, because it is so much better to watch it.
  • Great episode, realy interesting!

Upon the interruption of the funeral for Libby and Ana-Lucía by an unexpected appearance of a sailboat, Jack, Sayid, and Sawyer swim to the vessel and board it with pistols drawn. After encountering gunfire from within, they discover a drunken Desmond is the sole occupant, who expresses frustration at seeing Jack again. Then Desmond laughs at the situation.

During dinner in the evening, Jack learns from Desmond that after leaving the island he had traveled "two and a half weeks, bearing due west, and making nine knots" before returning back to the island. Because of this apparent impossibility, Desmond characterizes the island and its surroundings as a "bloody snowglobe" and asks Jack to leave him to his alcohol.
  • Finial Episode of lost

Once Again, I very fine piece of art by the creators of Lost. Very good special effects, very good cliffhanger, it had absolutely everything. One thing though, I\'m not sure if it was a mini-cliffhanger or something we really had to think about but I\'m really not sure what the scene at the end was all about. It really confused me, and I didnt know what to think about it because the producers have not said much about it. But I really liked the episode and am now looking forward to season 3. I cant wait to find out who the others are.
  • Mysteries unravel, tensions are high, and what's this? Another cliffhanger?! No way!

One of the best episodes of Lost so far, the season 2 finale is full of action! adventure! mysteries! discoveries! suspense! cliffhanger ending!

I like that it was another Desmond-orientated episode, because I actually quite like him. And, it unravelled a few mysteries regarding the hatch, the button, and the plane crash.

The whole hatch/button situation was so suspenseful. i was desperately hoping Desmond wouldn\'t use the key, because I really, really wanted to know what, exactly, was going to happen if they didn\'t do anything. But now! Cliffhanger 1: Are Desmond and Locke still alive, or was Charlie the only one to survive?

Cliffhanger 2: What\'s going to happen with Jack, Kate and Sawyer. If Jack dies, then...oh well. But not Kate and Sawyer.
  • Oh my god, the best episode in Lost history (and that's saying alot). Completely mind blowing and shocking, i didn't miss a second

Althogh on Lost the season finales are bound to be great this perticular one was amazing, the greatest Lost episode. I loved how they had Desmond in the flashback and I love Desmond's memerable line "I see you in another life Yeah."

I was a little diapointed to see how short the resolution with Michael and him killing the two survivors was delt. I could say if I were Hurley i would beat the living crap out of him. I was so excited to see what would happen when Michael lead them the others.

Jack was my favourite character, he was amazing I really think Mathew Fox did a superb job. When i found out what crashed their plane my mouth was dropped throughout the entire comercials that fallowed (literally).

This episode left us with many questions and I'm so excited to see what happens in season 3 (hey that rhymes). What I wanted to know when the episode ended, was if Mr. Eko and Locke were still alive, but i'm sure the writers will explain it. What i'm really excited about is what will happen to Jack, Kate and Sawyer. Well i guess i'll have to wait till september.

Desmond: I'll see you in another life brother

LOST
  • when desmond returns, he and locke come up with a plane to locke ecko out of the hatch and not push the button. meanwhile jack, kate, sawyer, hurley and michael set off to rescue walt.

i have watched this episode about 16 times now, seriously. this episode is the best of the show so far, and im looking forward to more lost even more which seemed impossible. i absolutely love lost, it is by far the best thing i have ever watched and i always watch at least one episode every day. its killing me waiting for season 3. i can still watch old episodes on tv but i cant wait til october, but at the same time i can wait for october cause it means back to school for me...but who cares id rather be watching new episodes of lost.
< 1 2