Lost

Meet Kevin Johnson

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 20, 2008 on ABC

• Say it with me: ANSWERS!

We meet Michael again and we learn that he's on the boat to kill himself because he's informed by the newly outed Tom that the island won't let him commit suicide. A massive portion of this episode is dedicated to the filling in of the blanks involving Michael but we also learn that Ben's enemies are closing in on them and Sayid and Desmond are ready to reveal the true identity of Michael. The return of Michael was only a matter of time since his departure in the Season 2 finale; not only because he was still being credited but because left on such and abrupt note. This episode informs us on what happened to him after in a way that's easy to follow but still leaves things to the imagination.

Thanks to a stirring performance from Harold Perrineau and brilliant direction and writing; the long flashback is fantastic and what happens on the island (not much) is also nicely done.

A few bits didn't quite gel however; the episode just feels unfinished with an awkward and almost rushed ending and the inclusion and revelation that Tom is gay seems out of place.

The acting is on top of it's game but Perrineau holds up the episode himself and does so superbly.

All in all; this a terrific episode of Lost and proof that that the series really is going somewhere.