Lost

Namaste

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 18, 2009 on ABC

• Sawyer continues his charade of being LaFleur to help Jack, Kate, and Hurley but trouble arises when Sayid is captured as a hostile.

The show and the characters have come full circle on Lost. After weeks of anticipating for the Oceanic survivors to come back to the island, I have to say I haven't been disappointed.

The LaFleur episode was bizarre in terms of what they showed you in the beginning but then it made sense in the end. However, they managed to take things a step further if that is still possible. In last week's episode or should I say the episode from two weeks ago, Sawyer was the savior in a way for Juliet, Jin, Miles and others to fool both the Dharma Initiative and The Others from killing them. Sawyer now has a lot of power in the Dharma Initiative with the new identity of LaFleur, but the Sawyer I saw this week was not the lovable Sawyer concerned for others. The Sawyer this week was the lowlife guy from the early seasons of LOST. A guy who is drunk with power and is out for revenge.

The characters have started to come back full circle. Sawyer acted like he cared for the well being of Jack, Kate, Hurley when they came back to 1977. However, by the end of the episode we see that Sawyer as LaFleur is a guy reveling in his power. Sawyer's mistreatment of Sayid reminded me of the bad blood these two had in the early seasons. It's true that Sayid was caught in the island as a hostile but surely Mr. LaFleur could have come with a phony excuse to bail him out just like he did with Jack and Kate so why didn't he? Why did he react like a prick when Jack pressed the issue. I mean it wasn't necessary for Sawyer to remind Jack that some of his past decisions got people killed. Then again a lot of deaths in the island were Jack, Sawyer, Locke, and Ben's fault to name a few. I don't know it seems like the writers were bringing Sawyer back as the villain from early seasons when he and Jack were at odds.

Even Kate just sort of just stood aside for the bulk of this episode. I like where this is going though because we might seen an end to this whole feud. Speaking of coming full circle. Ben has now dropped the act as well as has assumed his role as a manipulator and murderer. After murdering Locke, he and survivors went back to the island. However, it's obvious that Ben wants to regain control again.

I really enjoyed then Sun clocking Ben on the back of the head especially after she told Frank that she lied about trusting him. I really do hope Ben does die in the end. He's manipulated and hurt a lot of people. It's time for the tide to start turning against him. The ending with Sayid and young Ben had me laughing my ass off. It was funny in a horrific way like seeing a young Hitler I am excited to see how these power struggles will end. Sayid is shooting somebody in the previews is this Ben or is this Sawyer? The show has started to come full circle as have the characters. As episode start to wind down, I am glad that the show hasn't let me down.