Lost

One of Us

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 2007 on ABC

• Juliet joins Kate, Sayid, and Jack as they return to the beach. Claire is stricken with an illness that Juliet is connected to.

All i gotta say is wow I mean what a fantastic episode. I wouldn't say its amazing or the best episode kinda deal which is why I gave it a 9 instead of a 10. Definitely continues a trend of pretty strong season 3 episodes recently. Basically Sayid doesn't trust Juliet and with good reason however Jack does trust her and does what he feels is right by having Sayid not interrogate her. Some nice emotional scenes as Jack returns to the beach for the first time early on in last year's Season Finale. I could sorta see Sawyer's heartbreak as he saw Jack since he probably felt like he had just come into his own as being the one in charge of the camp and starting to get on people's good side and that it would be all over and certainly change now that Jack is back. Claire also stars to come down with an illness. We later learn these things are connected as Juliet confesses the story behind what happened to Claire. Also revealing some interesting things like pregnant women on the island never surviving always dying , we even get some flashbacks showing their failures to correct this problem , and how the kidnapping of Claire was not how things were supposed to go. Apparently they were monitoring her through blood samples and when Ethan's real identity was found out he panicked and created his own plan on his own. Juliet seeks out Ethan's old hiding spot near the caves containing medicine that can help save Claire however Sayid and Sawyer confront her and further push home they don't trust her. Then in the moment that really slides into your mind that she really is one of them now and gets them down off their high horses she tells of Sawyer for commiting murder and Sayid for the horrible things he has done to many human beings. Although in my humble opinion he was a soldier doing his job and interrogating ppl who were suspected of doing bad things i mean she spoke to him as if it were one and the same with Sawyer killing a man in cold blood. But that's another rant for another day. Some really amazing flashbacks in this episode to as you get too see how Juliet arrives on the island, how her sister turns out to be ok and has a healthy son, you also get another look at Mikhail and just how useful that satellite was before the hatch imploded. In the end though the theory a lot of people had going around in their heads proved to be true after all that it was all a set up for them to trust Juliet and believe she was left behind too and so that she could infiltrate their camp and keep an eye on them. A really great ending as it all through another nicely done flashback slowly come undone and it definitely seems like we are headed for a showdown between the 815ers and the Others. A very enjoyable episode and I can't wait till next Wednesday as business has just picked up.
  • Classic Lost 'bait and switch'

This episode was classic lost. First, who are the 'others'? Are they there to save lives? Are they just there to run experiments/research? What is there agenda? We didn't get this answer but the question was definately raised. Speaking of answers... this was an answers episode (well Lost's version of answers). Juliet arrived via the sub after drinking the juice. Why? Why was she so willing to buy into the company? Why are all mothers destined to die on the island? If Claire was the control (statistis 101 people) how did Danielle deliver to term 16 years ago? It is classic Lost to give us answers with 10 more questions attached an I love it!

Juliet was on the mark when she questioned Sawyer and Sayid's moral authority to govern the losties but their conerns were well formulated. She is there to infultrate the camp on Ben's behest. What will happen in one week? I don't know entirely but I know I cannot wait. This was a spectacular Lost episode. Bring on Desmond's episode. Bring on Jin/Sun's how is pregnancy going to affact them episode. Bring on the Dharma-centric, Locke's dad centric, Charlie-centric and Ben finale. I don't care if we get more questions just keep it coming.
  • Review

Other then the random twists and turns near the end of the episode that prooves that Juliet is not "One of us" and is in fact "One of them", this episode was a really strong filler episode. The scenes with Sayid and Sawyer didn't really tell us much of anything new - the others pretty much have shown there ability to know things beyond the scoop of what they can learn of the survivors on the island. The beginning fourth of the episode with Juliets starting flashbacks and walking back to the beach was a very strong filler part of the episode. The only real strongpoints of the episode came near the end, when we learn that everything in this episode (Claires sickness) was all a bluff to get Juliet inside with everyone when she was able to cure the sickness that Claire was feeling. Juiets second part of her flashbacks when she was on the island was much better then the first half. Her on screen connection with Ben is good and the fact that her sister is alive certainly shows the healing powers of the island, barring that those were in fact her sisters x-rays the first time around and not just a plan by Ben to give her something to stay on the island. The fact that Juliet was involved with Goodwin didn't say much, it actually made me wonder why she was so shook up over Ethans death every time it was mentioned in the episode. Overall it was basically a very strong filler episode, but not one of the shows (or seasons for the matter best.
  • Answers galore followed by a lot more questions. But im definitely not complaining.

Awesome episode where answers are concerned. Though you probably cannot believe everything that came out of Juliet's mouth, you can definitely trust the flashbacks and man were those great flashbacks!

I'm sure as soon as Claire started getting sick people predicted that Juliet's arrival was too coincidental and this was proved in the end. The interesting part was that Juliet was slightly reluctant to do the mission for Ben and that brings up the double agent theory again. Jack unfortunately has gone back to being the overly trusting and sappy guy from seasons 1 and 2. I liked him better as the person who was willing to kill Ben to take control of the situation. The Sayid-Sawyer two man team was hilarious and it was great that Juliet pointed out that the two people least likely to teach morality are coming to question her about her morals. I would still like to see some conflict on that front though and I will definitely accept Claire, Charlie, Hugo and Jack trusting Juliet but I definitely dont expect Sawyer, Sayid, Kate and more recently Sun to trust her. This episode has definitely thrown a lot of possible theories about the others for the viewers and is a definite must-watch for any lost fan.
  • Great

What a great episode fokes!!!

The flashback was real reavealing, about alot of things. I can't even go about all of them, so just go watch the episode, jeez....

We see Juliet arriving to the island, and we find out what she was there for. She was there to save womans lives that were having babies, because they end up dying, for some reason not yet known.

On the island, Claire gets some weird sickness, that looks like it was triggered from a "chip" they put in her head. Juliet is able to cure her with medicine Ethan used in S1.

Good episode, and the rest of the season looks very good!!!

YEAH!!!!
  • This episode was great and revealed some many new things!

I absolutely loved this episode! It revealed so many new things, although a lot of them we didn't even ask questions about. I always figured that Juliet was not innocent and when they revealed that she had the key to the handcuffs. I knew then she was there for some reason. I loved seeing all of the characters in this show! I really want to know what they are trying to find out about the people that crashed on the island. I cannot figure out what they need to know. After "saving" Claire, they all trust Juliet now and will probably open their mouths and she will quickly find out what she needs to know. She already knows where that other is buried, which really seemed to interest her. Ben must really be promising her something really good!
  • Juliet leaves the mainland to start work. Leaving her pregnant cancer free sister behind. Leaving via submarine to the Island, under heavy sedation. Flashbacks begin to provide more then Juliet attempts to sells to the Plane Crash survivors. this was good

Overall I was happy with this episode. I feel that we got to see a lot of the island in a short period of time. Things were explained as best as they could be given the circumstances. They set us all up at the end. I'm really happy to see the signature LOST twist and turns again. We revisited the barracks, the flame, the operating location wher claire was taken, the submarine, the others side of the island where the submarine was located, beach camp. We received a lot of interaction with a lot of characters. Sawyer and Sayid joined forces and Juliet proved once again how damn cunning she is. AHHHH till next week.
  • This episode was all over the place, when i thought one thing, something else changed what i though...(SPOILERS!!)

OK, WOW!! This has got to be the best episode in a long time! Juliet, this is what this episode is about. The flashback takes place right after the last one about her; she has accepted the contract with the company, and she's coming to the island, but we find out WHY!!! I wont say why, but WOW, did it blow my mind!! So Juliet is trying to find a cure for the problem on the island, and we're finding out that for some reason, the people on the island wont heal, such as ben, and the women. I always thought that there was some reason Ethan was taking Claire, but this wasnt close to what i thought. Skipping all the stuff in between (ill let all of you watch it again if you need to), the plan that Juliet and Ben are talking about at the end...WOO!! What is going on with this girl, which side is she for? She's probably the most interesting character right now.
    Anyways, this was a great episode, answered a lot of stuff, revealed a lot, but now there are tons more questiosn (whats new?) I cant wait for the next episode, AAAGGHHH!!! the anticipation is insane!!
  • While it's not a series classic, it's an extremely pivotal episode...

The entire show was the ending, it summed up everything very well. The ending while I thought what happened, might happen I didn't think the writers would do that, since it would be your basic twist, when they did do it though, it shocked me, and it looks like we may have an exciting six episodes left on our hands. I really liked Juliet's back story, it had a lot of emotion in, which they lack in most of their back stories. Elizabeth Mitchell did a great job this episode, and this was probably her best performance out of the two episodes that centered around her character.
  • When I thought that this episode was an overload of info and questions, we find that several answers are given as well. Plus, who the hell are the others? (spoiled up, yo)

Wow, that episode was very good. I really enjoyed it. In fact, I think that this is in the league of Flashes Before Your Eyes and The Man From Tallahassee when it comes to quality this season. The thing is, this episode performed on both levels, a great flashback paired with some good on-island stuff

It's kind of odd to think that Juliet, the Other that we've seen quite possibly the most of this season, may become a mainstream character to LOST. I mean, she is so manipulative and let's face it, who could trust her? With her whole deceptiveness playing a role in who she is, I wouldn't be surprised if Sawyer or Sayid just got tired of her threats and such and just offed her. But that isn't the point. The point is, LOST has finally given us the story of Juliet and the Others that we've been waiting for after being teased with the flashback in Not in Portland. The flashback is really the meat of the story this episode. Here, we find out how Juliet got onto the island (well, not entirely), we learned of a problem that is facing the Others, and we learn of Juliet's true intentions now that she is back with the survivors. Plus, on top of that, we learn why Juliet is still on the island and why she hasn't left.

Now, on the island, another problem is faced. Claire, as if out of nowhere, is faced with a serious illness that not even Jack knows how to cure. As Jack and the gang return from Otherville, Juliet is able to figure out what's wrong with Claire. And you know what? It is simply a great twist that may contribute to this game-changer that should be occurring sometime soon (and has already begun). Of course, this leads to Juliet revealing that Claire's sickness is related to the tests Ethan gave to her that kept her from dying before she gave birth. See, the problem is that no one on the island has been able to survive giving birth at all. With Juliet being able to impregnate her sister using her own little shot, the company of the Others finds use for her. Using Juliet's formula and such, they finally have a successful subject, Claire, that survives child birth. This, topped with the fact that no one has ever had cancer on the island is the top of the chain of what we learn during this episode. It explains why Rose is still alive, and what exactly happened to Claire.

Then, it gives us questions when they reveal that Juliet is acting like Michael did, with a mission from Ben to infiltrate the survivors to do something. That, unfortunately, isn't quite answered. Instead, we're gonna have to figure that one out on our own.

So, to recap, this was one of LOST's strongest episodes this season. I did deduct some points due to the fact that the flashback was extremely revealing and entertaining while the island story wasn't quite as good. All in all, I loved the episode and what it will bring in the next coming weeks with the season already barreling to the climax and that game-changer that, I'm sure, this episode was a part of.
  • Amazing episode.

Wow, this episode gave us a gold mine of information about the Others. For one, we learned about why Ethan "attacked" Claire and why he captured Claire and Charlie. We got a lot of Ethan in this one, so I LOVED that aspect of it. Ethan is the most interesting Other, in my opinion. This episode shows that the producers DID have the MAJOR storyline all laid out from the beginning. My favorite scene from the episode was the scene between Juliet and Ben in Ben's kitchen. Such great acting in that scene. Well, the pieces are starting to fall into place and we're starting to see more and more of what the big picture is.

Juliet: If I told you who I am... if I told you everything I know, you'd kill me.
    Sayid: What do you think I will do if you don't?
  • This was a good one...

This episode was very revealing about Juliet. It showed what her life was like when she was becoming an Other. It was very interseting and you found out alot about her which was good. i still think Ethan is sooooo creepyy. he just looks so scary. i liked this episode because you found out really why they took Claire. it was very good. the ending to me was especially creepy. i knew juliet wasnt left behind. when Juliet and Ben were talking about what she had to do was crazyyy. its sad that the Others had to get Claire sick so the surviors would like Juliet. This was very good and i hope next week gets better.
  • Juliet Flashback

We get another Juliet flashback that starts off the island and then is about her time on the island. We learn that all the other women who gave bith died which is why they wanted Juliet to come to the island in the first place. When jack, sayid, Kate, and Juliet get back to the beach everyone is of course does not trust Juliet. Hurley talks to her and she tells him about why they kidnapped Claire. At this point I am seeing the others in a new light thinking that maybe they are not all that bad untill the final minutes Which flashes back to just before they gas them.
  • ‘Every pregnant woman on the island had died’ (exact quote from Juliet) until Claire delivered her baby and survived. This one sentence is the most important revelation as of yet for the show!

The episode starts out with Sayid, Jack, Kate and Juliet trekking across the island with the hopes of returning ‘home’ within a day or two. As Kate and Jack are gathering firewood, Sayid begins to interrogate Juliet. However, once Jack returns, Jack tells Sayid that Juliet is ‘under his protection.’ And a major plot development is revealed during a casual talk between Jack and Juliet as they are walking towards the ‘base camp’ the following day – turns out Juliet (and Ben) planned the ‘waking-up-handcuffed-to-Kate’ elaborate idea. Jack and Sayid continue, throughout the episode, to argue over when Sayid can approach Juliet to ask questions and possibly find answers. Jack insists that ‘given time,’ Juliet will reveal what she knows about ‘the Others.’

The flashbacks in this episode are centered on Juliet; mainly, on how she arrived on the island. Sure enough, it was via submarine. Juliet is also made aware by Benjamin Linus(Ben) of the fact that her sister’s cancer has returned – he then pleads with Juliet to stay on the island and help the females, and, in turn, Ben will heal Juliet’s sister. Juliet, later in the episode, is shown by Ben that her sister had indeed been healed of her cancer and delivered a healthy baby boy she named ‘Julian.’ Ben wanted to prove to Juliet that he is a man that stands by his word.

‘Every pregnant woman on the island had died’ (exact quote from Juliet) until Claire delivered her baby and survived. Juliet developed a serum that allowed Claire to survive, but Claire is going through severe withdrawal symptoms, as she hasn’t had an injection in some time and now is becoming rather sick. Juliet also was the person who discovered the tumor inside Ben on his L4 vertebrae. After begging to have permission to leave the Island, Ben does not allow it. She is, for all intents and purposes, ‘stuck’ on the Island.

While she is at the 'base camp,' Juliet goes on a mission to find medical supplies for Claire – and right behind her are Sayid and Sawyer. But Juliet quickly puts both of them in their place. As Jack tells Juliet in the end, ‘you want to get off this island more than anyone in the world. That makes you one of us.’

A part of the episode I particularly enjoyed was when Jack, Kate (Did you see the way Sawyer looked at her?) and Sayid appeared walking towards the ‘base camp’ for a reunion of sorts. It is only when Juliet is spotted that the moment becomes a bit uneasy for some of the main cast. This episode was a very good one – definitely a huge improvement over the past two episodes. Great seeing more screen time for the characters all of us ‘Lost’ fanatics have grown to genuinely care about.

Note: Did anyone notice that the company’s name that Juliet was hired by was named ‘Mittelos Bioscience?’ Well, if you scramble the letters of the word ‘Mittelos,’ you can make the phrase ‘Lost Time’ or ‘Time Lost.’
  • Predictable Plot.Predictable Characters

I am sure most Lost viewers knew that Sayid's threat to Juliet was an empty threat. Just seeing the promo made me realize that Juliet would be alive and kicking by the end of this sadly predictable story. I realize now that the writers had to kill off Ana-Lucia and Mr. Eko so that no really strong, independent character could actually challenge Jack's return as Island Leader. Sayid has been a paper tiger for a while now and Sawyer being out smarted by Hugo while amusing was also out of character from the Sawyer from seasons 1 and 2. The Lost writers seem to think human behavior is so predictable that noone would question the timing of Claire's illness to Julit's arrival. The writers thought that Sayid and Sawyer would not anticipate Juliet's knowledge of their past to manipulate them when they issued more empty threats. I see the next episode promo seems to show more action in it. Hopefully, the next episode won't be as predictable and we'll finally see someone so fed up with being manipulated that that person will lash out at the right target for a change.
  • Actual rating: 12

I have to say that this was quite an episode. It answered many questions with what the Others are actually doing on the island. I guess what Ben said at the end of last season was true, "We're the good guys." They are actually helping people. Kidnapping them, but helping people nonetheless. I actually felt bad for Juliet, being held against her will & all that. To what extent is unknown, especially after the end scene.

As far as the whole revelation of her & Ben's plans are for the Losties (or whatever the fan term for them are) remains a mystery. It can't be good whatever it is. I have a feeling its only going to get much MUCH worse before it gets better. And the recent Lost Magazine doesn't help much as the producers drop hints as to what's coming up & yes, it is going to be huge & its going to be very VERY bad for the castaways.

7 days is too long between episodes. I think it should be a daily thing.
  • Simply amazing episode, for the story and the characters.

This episode gave us much info on the island, and some of the story behind it. We finally know there's a solid connection between the island and the outside world. Some one has vested interest in the island, whether they're Dharma or not. And, assuming Juliet wasn't completely lying, we have an idea of what was going on on the island. How much of it is lie or truth we have yet to see.
    It was nice to see everyone back at camp again. The handshake between Jack and Sawyer was nice, but their little hug was even better. Though I admit, I'm starting to doubt Jack. I wonder what really happened to him during his stay at Camp Other. Did he tell the truth to Kate, or was there something more? He doesn't know what Juliet is up to, but that doesn't mean he isn't up to something himself.
    One of the best for the season for me. Definitely making me want the next episode. NOW if possible.....
  • One of the best of the season.

This episode gave us a boat load of info that some of the answers didn't need to be questioned. Since the few times Lost gives us answers, it comes with a bunch more questions tied to them. Also I already knew that Juliet was still working for the Others since the last episode, but it still suprised me that she did it after watching her flashbacks. It's probably part of the deal Ben made to her. However I think Juliet might still turn on Ben at the last moment seeing that Jack likes her and she wouldn't want to break his heart. It would be intresting to watch what she does next.
  • Rarely in television does a person's favorite episode stay strong for more than a season, get bumped to number two, and then the new number one is bumped two episodes later. I love LOST. :D

"One of Us": An amazing kickoff to the last few episodes before the finale. Pure genius. Even the most skeptical, hard to please LOST fan should not have given this episode any less than a 9.

The entire episode, or at least after the whole scene with Juliet getting the "meds," I was sure that Juliet was really left behind by her people and that she was telling the truth. I was wrong.

Biggest question out of this episode. What the heck are the masks for? Everyone last week was wondering why every Other was wearing a mask instead of just the people throwing the gas cans. This episode showed that there's more than meets the eye to those awesome and stylish gas masks with super cool orange shades. Sure, one could say that Ben gave it to her so she could go sit in her house, have someone throw a can in there, and then the mask would filter the gas so she wouldn't pass out, but I doubt it. Why go through the trouble? I'm telling you, those masks are gonna play a big part very soon.

Flashbacks:

Going in to the episode, I thought this was going to be the only part of it with a real story. Even though I was wrong, the flashbacks still provided the biggest reveals. I loved how they were kicked off too--Sayid asking, "who are you?" Anyway, the first flashbacks shows Juliet and her sister pull up to a HUGE building (that totally looks like a secret government agency would work there) and then have a very touching scene about whether or not Juliet should actually go. Boom! Ethan and Alpert appear out of nowhere and they take Juliet, alone, to the Herarat Aviation airport. Alpert flat out tells Juliet that he put a whole bunch of tranquilizer into her drink and that, if she wants to go, she needs to drink it. At this point, I was severely creeped out. Why did they need her to drink it? I mean, is there something that she can't see on the plane on the way to the island or is it something more mysterious? Anyway, she wakes up strapped to a bed in the submarine and Ethan comes over and unstraps her and says it was so she wouldn't bump her head or anything. Yeah, whatever. Juliet then steps out of probably the coolest looking sub I have ever seen and you can tell that she was definitely not expecting to be on an island. Ben, in all his creepiness, walks up, introduces himself, and they walk away together. The next flashback appears to be much later after her arrival on the island and we see someone die on the operating table in The Staff. Goodwin and Ethan are there and you can tell that, by the way he talks to Juliet, they are serious lovers. Juliet is then seen sitting on the rocks by the ocean. Ben walks up and he comforts her about the woman who died. I can't remember but I think it was at this point that we learn that the pregnant women are all dying on the island. Why are they dying? I have no idea and neither does Juliet. Juliet tells Ben that she can't do any more work on the island because it's not going to help anything and Ben tells her that if she chooses to stay he will cure Rachel's cancer, which has returned. The next flashback, after showing that Juliet and Goodwin were having a relationship, shows when Juliet found out that Ben was dying. Apparently, Karl has some sort of medical training because she says that he prepared the X-Rays. The fact that Ben has cancer is extremely shocking to Juliet because she was previously told by Ben that he can cure cancer by bringing people to the island. What follows is a very emotional argument between the two in which Juliet accuses Ben of lying to her about Rachel. Amazing acting. After a very cool "crash from the Other's perspective" recap, Ben and Juliet travel to the Flame because Ben wants to show her, in a live feed, that Rachel is still alive and that she has had the baby. I guess he wasn't lying. It is a very emotional thing to see for Juliet because she is so overcome with happiness but it is a bittersweet happiness because she still cannot be with her sister. However, the most important part of the scene was that there are news broadcasts showing that the rest of the world knows about the plane crash and they are/were searching for the survivors. I'm glad we finally got confirmation. Finally, the last and most important flashback reveals that Juliet was never gassed and that her "loyalty" still lies with the Others. (She is probably being forced to do it though). Therefore, she has now infiltrated the survivors camp, gained there trust through a perfect con, and now only time will tell what her plan is. I can honestly say that I did not see that coming. Totally cool. One of us is one of them.

On-Island "Real Time":

Awesome. Jack, Kate, Sayid, and Juliet return to the camp only to have everything ruined by the fact that no one trusts Juliet (they were right. Sorry, Jack.) I loved the scene with Hurley walking up to her and admitting that he was there to keep an eye on her while the other LOSTies discussed whether or not to allow her to stay. I thought that was pretty funny. The main part of the Real Time scenes was Claire suddenly falling ill. Juliet admits to Jack and Kate that she knows why Claire is sick because she caused it (even though she is lying) and tells them, through a very cool monologue which answered a lot of questions, that she needs to go to Ethan's hiding spot to get the medicine that will cure Claire. They allow her, but, when she gets there, it turns out that Sawyer and Sayid had been following her and they aren't happy. They are certain she is lying about everything and threaten to torture her unless she gives them some answers. But Juliet is a bada*** and totally sticks up for herself by bringing up things they have done in their lives and, therefore, they have no right to be the island's "moral police." They got told. Anyway, the medicine, which was probably just water or something, "cures" Claire. Jack later goes to Juliet and tells her that the other people will allow Juliet to stay with them and that she can use a small lean-to they have set up. Oh yeah, except for the fact that Juliet is still in cahoots with the Others, wasn't left behind, wasn't gassed, and has now infiltrated the camp, gained the trust of the survivors, and is now probably going to do something naughty. Uh oh. Great episode.

Things I Noticed/Easter Eggs:

-The mark on the tree near Ethan's drop point looked remarkably similar to the brand that Juliet has
    -Rachel wasn't able to conceive because of the chemotherapy
    -Jack says Juliet is under his protection, but he isn't doing a very good job at that (Sawyer and Sayid?)
    -Ben wasn't in the book club because Juliet didn't invite him
    -There is a symbol from the Dharma logo on the sub and on some guys shirt who is in the sub. It's the lowest of the 8 symbols on the logo.
    -The rest of the world knows that Oceanic flight 815 is missing and they are/were searching for it. (That destroyed a lot of theories)
    -Juliet is a Jacob-fearing person. Look at her face when Ben brings up whether or not she has faith in Jacob
    -Herarat Aviation (Anagrams!!!)
    -Aaron thinks Charlie is his father. Grabs his finger and stops crying whenever he's around
    -Kate *heart* Sawyer... again
    -Juliet is probably glad Ana is dead.
    -Sawyer's back on his mean streak (Yes!)
    -Ben is not healing fast enough for the same reason he got a tumor. What that is, I don't know.
    -Elizabeth Mitchell and Michael Emerson are amazing actors

Best Lines:

-The entire scene with Juliet sticking up for herself when Sayid and Sawyer come to interrogate her.
    -Ben: Mikhail, this is Ben... He never has his walkie on.
    -Ben: Mikhail, we're walking up! Don't shoot us!
    -There are so many more. The writing was phenomenal in this episode. I'll have to put some in here when I submit quotations tomorrow.

Next Week On LOST:

Desmond! Desmond! Desmond! Future seeing!! DESMOND! Catch-22, the title of the episode, is also a hilariously amazing book. It's Joseph Heller's masterpiece. (Yossarian is the greatest name ever)

*Somewhat spoilerish if you haven't seen the preview*

Anyone see Bernard's SOS sign!? If someone saw that and it is going to play a part, then that is the coolest thing ever. I would love to see Bernard stick it to everyone about how right he was.
  • And we finally learn the truth about why Ethan kidnapped Claire!

That's why I love this show. We might have to wait years to learn the answers to things we don't even consider mysteries anymore. And an episode that seems mearly good becomes fantastic when the surprise ending happens! "See you in a week" probably means not until the season finale for us viewing at home. I love the way this episode, like the recent episode Expose (my personal all time favorite) include flashbacks of what's happened on the island. Sometimes I really enjoy those more then flashbacks of before the crash. This season is shaping up to possibly be better then the first if they keep bringing us this kind of quality.
  • WOW!

This makes my favorite's list. What a terrific episode! We finally got long awaited answers, and not just one, but many. We also learned a bit more bout the others, got a Jacob mention, and got a lot more to think about in reguards to the island. With the answers, of course, comes more questions. But thats to be expected with Lost. The thing is, that Lost is just getting better and better. We have had phenominal episode after phenominal episode recently. And last night's episode was one of the series' best episodes. I cannot wait for next week now.
  • Welcome Juliet !

Juliet, Sayid, Kate and Jack return to the camp but Juliet is not wanted. Calier is stricken by the lifethreatening illness and they can't help her but Juliet can.
    Through flashback we see so many stuff we never knew would happen. Juliet was brought to the island because every pregnant woman on the island died and Juliet wasn't able to save her...until Claire. When Claire came to the island there was a serious threat and Ethan was sent to help her but because of Hurley and his discovery they had to kidnap her and give her the drugs.
    Her sister is OK and nobody suffers from cancer on the island and it is cured...but Ben got the tumor anyway.
    Amazing episode so awesome and brilliant.
  • Amazing Episode

Wow Season 3 is shaping up to be my favorite season for sure! This episode was excellent as it had a riveting continuous plot line, along with an excellent flashback which was cram packed with exciting stuff and revealing answers. It was great to see a lot of things everyone had on the back of their minds about the others, and it was very exciting to see lots of little things being pieced together. Great to see how they contacted the outside world, what they took Juliet there for, and how the process of getting to the island was... basically everything was just so cool to see. The ending of the episode was really cool how it reinforced what we had seen on the last episode and how we now know that Juliet is still with Ben, and a plan is in the brewing. I'm very excited to see how this is going to turn out, and season 3 is shaping out to be my favorite season so far!

10/10!!
  • After a couple of decent episodes Lost goes back to it's full glory.

This episode had a lot of interesting ideas, twists and turns. I was really surprised by the fact that Juliet turned out to be a bad guy. I was really hoping that she was going to be good but it now does add an interesting element to everything. Plus the Others did have to watch them somehow, and I guess that's the best way to do it. It's interesting too, to note the whole pregnacy thing that Juliet revealed to us in her flashbacks. Also Juliet's flashbacks are very revealing. To me it feels like now everyone on the island has some way to get off now because there is an actual company out there that brought them all to the island. Also, Ethan is just really creepy.
  • One of the best of season 3!

This episode was amazing! It answered a lot of questions. I loved absolutely everything about it! The on-island stuff was perfect, and the flashback was very interesting. The ending is the best part of the episode. I was so shocked. I almost felt like I did at the end of "Two For The Road". This episode delivered! I thought the scene with Kate and Sawyer hugging was so sweet! Also, the scene with Juliet, Sayid, and Sawyer. That was awesome! I was so suprised by the ending. I really wasn't expecting that. I loved the episode, I think it might be the best of season three. Funniest line:
    Ben: (to Mikhail) Don't shoot us.
  • I found this more revealing about "the others" than the 1st 6 episodes when Jack, Sawyer, and Kate were trapped with them.

Lost is getting back on track and hitting its stride. These are the types of episodes I've come to expect from them and they didn't disapoint. Now that Juliet is with them things should get interesting. I liked her flashback because we see she wants to get off the island and I'm guessing is willing to do anything at this point to achieve that goal. I didn't buy her explaination about Ethan "improvising" when Claire was kidnapped. Did anyone else find it strange that Claire went sick just as Juliet was showing up and she could cure them. I actually picked up on that before they showed the flashback. Still, I'm with Syed, I want to find out what else she knows. I also loved Hurley's subtley. He just casually explains what happened to Ethan and where he's buried. Still, I can't figure out why the Others act the way they do especially considering the people are there by accident. But is seems to have something to do with women being able to have babies on the island. Why? Still don't know. And the mystery contines as the answers pour in. Just the way we like it.
  • Naked Ice cream lady saved preggers as hobby

Good flashback, we learn quite a lot in this episode but it still retains a lot of information, which is good. Juliet seems like an interesting new character and this episode in comparison with her last centric episode is a lot better.

Both the real-time and flashbacks work off each other quite well and work off previous episodes and seasons so it feels more episodic rather than brief previous happenings.

The use of reflective music and slow montages of people returning to the island becomes slightly repetitive after a while, this particular scene was more than reminiscent of rehashed ones from previous seasons and episodes.

The twist at the end isn’t particularly mind blowing, you may suspect it long before it happens and if like me, you didn’t, it still doesn’t particularly wow you.

Overall, good solid episode, well it never rises to greatness non the less enjoyable, a reminder why you watch lost, as well as that lost hasn’t become lost, keep watching.

I will give it a 8.1, I don’t think it is deserving of its current 9.6 rating, good, but hardly a classic, let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.
  • i loved it

this ep was great. it told alot of stuff. i liked that it let you know what happened to Juliet's sister. i loved the hug between Kate and Sawyer. the ending didn't surprise me. i felt that coming. Juliet has made Sawyer and Sayid even more mad then they already are. i think it is cute that if Sawyer is starting something Kate calls him James. Jack is making himself an outsider. Sawyer has a point about him defending her and not them. i could tell that Charlie is having seconds thoughts about Jack. Sawyer alresdy doesn't like him.Kate is majorly jelous. he is putting himself in a bad spot.
  • Juliet coming into focus

It is nice that the writers are finally putting some depth into her character, although I must admit I knew she was sent there, it was obvious when she was hand cuffed to Kate. But none the less, we are starting to see whom Juliet is. There are many questions now about why she would be so faithful even after what she's seen and what she really wants. As for leaving the island? Was Jack really going to be free once they made it 'home'. The beauty of this show is in that the other's are far ahead of the curve and seem to be leading the survivors on a crooked path somewhere.
  • More things are explained about the Others and about Juliet.

It's great how questions that were first asked a long time ago are finally being answered. In this case, we finally find out the meaning of Claire's dreams about getting stabbed with a syringe. We also gain more insight into her kidnapping and Ethan's purpose as a mole. Of course, it turns out that Juliet was lying, so it's unsure what we can believe. I was really hoping that Juliet had actually been left behind, but she's dissapointed me. I'm really starting to like her character. Only four episodes left before "the beginning of the end"!
< 1 2 3 4 5