Lost

One of Us

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 2007 on ABC

• I'm really glad that my constant reassuring of people that the writers know what they are doing is paying off.

As if she didn't enthrall me enough last week, this week Elizabeth Mitchell blew me away with her portrayal of Juliet. Considering Lost's rate of bringing on new characters and then killing them (Ana-Lucia, Eko, Libby, Nikki, Paulo), I'm hoping she sticks around for a long time. Her flashbacks this week were definitely more twisty than her previous episode, and her interactions with Ben were fantastic. They are arguably the two best actors on the show, other than maybe Terry O'Quinn (Locke), and watching their scenes on the beach, then in Ben's house, then with Mikhail was so enjoyable.

I'm also really glad that my constant reassuring of people that the writers know what they are doing is paying off. I don't think anybody at this point can say that they didn't know, even as far back as season 1, that they didn't have a clear idea of where this series was headed. So what do we know now about the Others' mission? Are they actually there to use the power of the island to cure disease? That would go along with their "we're the good guys" mantra. But it wouldn't explain the kidnappings and murders. I've never seen Canadian pharmaceutical companies plucking children off the street for testing. But while I am always glad when things are more complicated than they seem (such as the case with Juliet being a mole), it kinda annoys me that it pretty much negates most of the answers we got in this episode (minus the facts from the flashbacks). So, are they really trying to save pregnant women or not? Do they really all die in childbirth? Why would they put an implant in Clare months ago and only activate it now? They had no idea what would happen since then.

Next week will be awesome...Desmond once again takes center stage, and he hasn't let me down yet...

Line of the week (not in terms of humor, but in terms of spookiness):
    Ben: See you in a week.