Lost

Pilot (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 29, 2004 on ABC

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Guys... Where Are We?

Charlie's question, the last words spoken in the episode, reflects our own thinking. Everyone's fearful reactions in the group that have gone hiking begin the real sense of danger and mystery of the island they are stranded on. As part 2 of the Pilot, this episode is exciting, revealing and well written. It also brings to the foreground the character of Sawyer, known later to be James Ford, who immediately is estranged from the group with his ignorant and overly-confident attitude, and yet there's dramatic irony in that the letter he reads alone strikes his most vulnerable side and foreshadows some great Sawyer-centric episodes to come, leading to a dramatic confrontation with someone from his past in the third season.

The chemistry between the main members of the cast is much more evident in this episode than it was in the first episode, as they begin to work together for the first time to find out what the hell is going on with this island. The cliffhanger moment is priceless, perhaps the most famous moment in the entire show, and foreshadows many of the great things to come on the show. Nothing more to say, except Lost has probably the best opening 2-parter episode of any show ever broadcast. Exciting, thrilling, perfection.
  • A great episode!

Walt finds handcuffs while looking for his dog. In flashbacks, we find out that Kate is the one who was wearing them. Sawyer accuses Sayid of being a terroist. Sayid, Kate, Shannon, Boone, Charlie, and Sawyer go on a trek to find a radio signal where Sawyer kills a polar bear. Jack performs surgery on the marshal with Hurley's help. The marshal wakes up and asks where Kate is. Claire feels the baby again! Jin offers the others sushi, but seems very controlling of Sun. Sayid and the others find a signal. It is a distress call from somewhere nearby that has been repeating for 16 years. John starts befriending Walt.

This was an intense episode! I loved it! A polar bear? That is so random and mysterious. This mystery is getting more and more exciting! This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • Since Jack, Kate, and Charlie returned after retrieving the tranciever and seeing the pilot get killed, another expedition was made to send out a signal, and like the first trek, the second also encounters danger and mystery.

The second part of the pilot is just as great as the first!
    The music plays in perfectly with the mood. Also, the characters conflicting personalities and trust issues was just so enjoyable to watch. Also the island became even more wierd with the polar bear and french distress call. Every character is so interesting and intriguing that it just makes you want to learn what's up with them, like Locke and what he told Walt. The flashbacks in the episode show a little of that, such as that kate is the fugitive and that charlie is a druggie. It was a very effective way to reveal some of the conflicts they were having. Overall, the episode was great.
  • The end of the beginning.

The awesome series premiere of Lost continues in this episode. More character relationships are established, while previously background characters come to the fore. Sawyer starts his habit of giving everyone nicknames. He also shoots a bear. A polar bear. Surely one of the biggest "WTF?" moments on the show. And we learn that Kate is not all that she seems. There's also some great humor establishing Hurley's character. Finally, everything wraps with the mysterious radio signal. We learn just how deep in these survivors are. As Charlie so eloquently puts it: "Guys, where are we?"
  • "Guys, where are we?"

That’s the question every member of the audience has after this episode. The second half of the pilot builds on everything we saw in the first half without being redundant at all. Instead of introducing fourteen people, this episode focuses on their relationships with other people, and in some cases, themselves. It also introduces a litany of mystery elements, for which the show will become famous.

Instead of just continuing on “What killed the pilot?” as many shows would do, Lost reminds the viewer of what happened (as if they had forgotten) in the opening sequence, and then doesn’t mention it again (this trend will continue for the rest of the show, often to the point of frustration). New mysteries are revealed instead. Some center around the characters, like Sawyer’s letter or Kate’s past, and others focus on the island. The most notable is the Frenchwoman’s transmission, which will propel the actions of Sayid and Kate for the first half of the season. It also adds more doom and gloom to the series when Sayid calculates that the message has been playing for more than sixteen years. Just as the conversation with the pilot in the previous episode helped to cement the fact that the characters are going to be stranded for a while, this scene is truly chilling, because the viewer realizes that “a while” is way longer than anyone thought. It also doesn’t help that apparently something killed everyone the Frenchwoman was associated with. The monster? The polar bear, which is introduced in another one of Lost’s most memorable scenes? We don’t find out just yet, but we’re left craving for more.

The characters are also brought into more focus here, and the acting comes into its own for the most part. Jorge Garcia steals every scene he’s in, making all of them comedic gems. “Hey, there’s a rescue plane, we’re saved! Yay!” remains one of his funniest lines. Matthew Fox looks like he’s biting his tongue to keep from laughing during the entire scene. Sawyer’s introduction is also memorable. All we’d seen of him the previous episode was him smoking a cigarette, looking menacing. Josh Holloway really gets to shine in this episode, making the character a complete jerk, yet one the audience can’t help but like.

The three intimate relationships between characters are also brought into light here. Boone and Shannon are fighting, and the acting of Ian Somerhalder and Maggie Grace is note perfect, especially Grace’s. Shannon’s character is an interesting one. She hates feeling useless, yet because of her lifestyle, doesn’t know how to be useful. She tries to spite Boone by going on the hike, but immediately regrets it and runs away the moment the group is put in danger. She also tries to worm her way out of translating the French transmission for as long as she can, and just barely hears the whole thing in time. Sun and Jin are examined as well. Jin holds his wife on a tight leash, but is very caring to the rest of the survivors. He’s the first to find food on the island and offer it to other people, although the culture differences preclude almost everybody from eating what are most likely very nutritious, tasty sea creature pieces. Sun’s defiance is also shown in this episode, when she unbuttons the button Jin had previously made her do up. It’s a small gesture, but its meaning is quite clear. My favorite interaction between characters, though, is the scene between Michael and Walt on the wing of the plane. Both actors play the scene perfectly, and it speaks volumes about their relationship. Walt answers in short, one or two word sentences, and rarely looks Michael in the eye. His father, on the other hand, tries to speak to him, yet the first thing out of his mouth is the exact opposite of anything a child wants to hear. Levying a death sentence on Vincent is not very comforting to Walt, and when he storms away, the viewer can almost instantly tell that both of these people have not known each other for very long.

Locke speaks for the first time in this episode. Though the scene is frustratingly brief, it also carries enormous weight. “One is light, one is dark” is not only important to the first season, but the entire show up to this point. Good vs. Evil. Science vs. Faith. Redemption vs. Persecution. All are themes that persist throughout everything that occurs on Mystery Island. By the end of the scene, the audience is collectively asking, “Who is this guy?” That question will be spoken aloud by Hurley in two episodes time.

The flashbacks of the episode belong to Charlie and Kate. Both reveal critical components to their respective characters, components that will be the subject of subsequent flashbacks. Charlie’s drug problem is first explored here, yet the fact that he can be redeemed is shown when he tries to flush the heroin away. He could easily have slipped it back into his shoe, as I doubt any flight attendant would check in there in the middle of the flight, especially if the customer should have a fastened seatbelt. Even though he knows that he couldn’t even get through a plane ride without a fix, he’s willing to get rid of the only supply he has. God knows where he’ll find some in LA, unless he has a contact.

Kate’s flashback is much more shocking, though. We thought that Kate was a tomboy, but certainly not a criminal. When the handcuffs turn up, the audience immediately starts thinking about who they belong to. Sawyer is the obvious first choice, but his conviction that he’s innocent is too honest to second guess. The audience then reverts to stereotypes. Maybe it’s Sayid. After all, he is focusing quite a bit on the owner of them, when it really doesn’t affect him at all (on a side note, Naveen Andrews is one of the few weak links in this episode. Look at his performance when he says “Chances are the batteries are good but the radio is dead.” His goofy smile makes him look way too much like a TV newscaster). Maybe it’s Locke. Leaning into a ten-year-old kid’s face and asking if he wants to know a secret is very disquieting. Learning that it’s Kate is one heck of a twist, and tells the audience a very important thing: Expect the unexpected.

This episode, just like its predecessor, is incredible. The scope, action, acting, music, characters, etc. is all on par with many major movies, and leaves the audience wanting much more. The pilot episodes certainly set the tone for the series, and it makes it hard to wait for next Wednesday night.
  • Great

This episode continues from part one after the pilot gets killed.Jack,Kate and Charlie return from the Cock pit and ask the other survivours if they can fix the transiever.a man named sayid says he can, he fixs it but must reach higher ground to get a clear signal,so sayid,kate,charlie,step brother and sister boone and shannon and sawyer a con man from Alabama.
    During there hike Jack stuggles to do surgery on a man with a metal plate stuck in him.
    In my opinion this part of the pilot is better than the first part and is probaly one of the best episodes of the series.
  • Guys, where are we?

After the pilot episode, the show just continues to get better. While I really hate the fact that it's called Pilot, Part II, this is a really good episode. Jack, Kate, and Charlie are given a little bit more story to work with. I just wish Kate's prisoner status had been revealed in the next episode, much as Locke's paralysis was revealed in his own episode.

For some reason, I find it hilarious that the French transmission was dubbed in German for release in France. Do they call her the German Chick?

Anyway, great episode, preceded by a classic, and followed by two more.
  • A Polar bear?!?!

.... a polar bear? ... ok... guess I'll have to watch further to understand what's going on. I'm still not impressed. I just don't see why everyone is going nuts over this show. I guess it's Charlie. So far I see some really good ideas they are running with, but it just seems so scattered. Jack is obviously the hero, but one you want to hate because he's throwing himself out too often. The only characters I'm remotely interested in at the moment are Charlie (I wonder if he'll turn into a hobbit ^_^), Clair (you have to admit interest in atleast the baby), and Sawyer (I love a good anti-hero). I do like how they give the character histories. I'll continue to watch in curiosity.
  • The plot thickens...

Originally, the Pilot episode was 2 hours long, unfortunately, ABC decided to split the Pilot episode in 2 pieces, thus we got Pilot 1 and Pilot 2.

Even if watched seperately, the episodes definitely deliver - for maximum effect, they should be watched together as the producers intended. The episode further explores character pasts, and introducing some new ones. The survivors soonly realize to get any kind of signal with the transceiver, they will have to go to a higher ground, therefore, another trekking group is formed...

The episode, just like the previous one, had no negative points. Surely, it didn't have earth shattering revealations like Pilot 1, but we get the best shocker of the show yet at the ending which makes the viewer realize this will be one insane round with "Lost".

Overally, another satisfying episode which continues what Pilot 1 started: provides a very strong groundwork for future episodes, and preparing the plotlines to be launched.
  • Lots of Character developemet.........

I liked this episode, it wasn't bad at all. We find out so much information about all the castawys.
    Right at the start we see charlie have a flashback showing that he's a junkie.
    We see that Jin has control over Sun and they're relationship is rocky.
    We also see that Sayid was a soilder and that Mike and Walt are not close. They hardly know eachother.
    In the episode, we see Sayid, Shannon, Boone, Sawyer, Kate and Charlie go up the mountains to get a signal for the transeivor.
    Jack struggles to save the Marshel's life, the Marshell who we find out was taking Kate as a prisoner.
    In this episode we see the initial bonding of Locke and Walt. One big mystery of the episode was that a polar bear appeared.
    It charged down the hikers and Sawyer shot it. They discover it's apolar bear and they all wonder what such a thing is doing here.
    In the end when they get a signal on the transceiver, their is a distriss signal. It is from a mysterious french woman who they find out was on the island, but never saved.
    We find out how mysterious the island really is.
  • And finally - the 'real' Lost starts - twists, turns, character drama all the way - and mysteries just won't stop coming!

While the first episode of Lost was more adventure themed, this particular episode is all about characters.

I'd say, it's Kate centered as not only there's a big twist involving her character, but also we get to understand her motives.

Now that the transciever is recovered, a small group goes on a trek, up the mountain, to gain signal and ask for help.

This time, though, the small group is different: Kate, Sawyer, Shannon, Boone, Sayid - Jack is staying on the beach taking care of the man who's severally injured and is thought to be dead... but only thought. Later it's revealed that he is a marshall, and he was meant to look out for Kate...

This is a game changer: Kate's motives are clear: she wants to be on the move, gain respect, and to simply distract people's attention.

In this episode we are showed the other main characters, too - we see more of the ones who were introduced in the first episode, but we also meet Locke, Sawyer, and finally Sun and Jin has a dialogue too.

The episode may not be as action packed as the previous one, it definitely takes Kate's character to the next level. She's not only a cute though girl anymore, but she's a cute though criminal. Overally, as mysteries unfold, and characters are showing their real self, the show gets more and more deeper, and this depth is what makes Lost so great and so bad at the same time. People who sit down infront of the TV for an easy hour will be disappointed, and will be completetly 'lost' - but people who love suspense, character depth, indirect answers and incredibly good drama will be amazed by Lost.

I know, because I am.
  • Review

Again I thought the character devolopment in this episode stood out above everything else. This episode focused pretty much on some flashbacks with Kate and Charlie, with everyone still trying to figure out the mysteries of the island. The scene with everyone on the mountaintop listening to the transmission was one of the best cliffhanger endings for the second part of this pilot episode. The confusion that everyone is feeling feels so real and I love the interactions between all of the characters so far. Sawyer seems to be the sore thumb of the group, showing his arrogance and really being the one guy that doesnt fit in. Jack continues to assert his leadership qualities as the mystery of the island take control of all of the survivors of Oceanic 815
  • rgkurgoiuerh riwr rwr hgri rekj ht ire hgker hgerg er tr gre tgrehgre jgnregr ejng e ng erhgoiueg ler gergero nre gerh reg

fdjtgftfkghksjydgeksjfgywekjrtytkiu rfhgkjfgwekr dmfgkwjyftgwkeuyfgwf mfhgwekfyewgfkj mejfhgkwjfgef egfekwfigwkejfygwekfiug bf jweftgwekjfguekjfgf egfkweugfwkjefgwkf fgwkjfiugtweuyfgkejfguwf ebfjygwdlfoeuww;ru ere oput;rewoit jrtntrwe uyoe89hf ewlbfw dfyehdewi dufyew ueryefyes refew rhegoeey eur yewrhew iryew feifew fewgorewrewhroiqejorweyhfjhdfgirf rlfw few fewfyew fewkhfew iufrhew fewrge rhewyfwrf fewiurhy ewi yrfewjh fbsdgfwe i nfdj ewdwkjdksndwruyrew fn eworwe r ew f ekwhfwe fewkhfl wej hfkjewrhr erwh fw nrfrwe rhf we yrewfhewr fiurwyhfweoiuhf erdf r fwerfbrwe frwefhiuhwelf fuew fuhewiufeh few ewfe fewhfef iuf ewfh efh ehewofhewlifjewoijf e fefoewijfi efhe fe nfe fewof ewoijfewf e efheoijfeoif jewijf e fewh foeh fewnfiew ehfewh eh fe efh oeifeoiho;iwe fwe ew few foefoe few foew few f ewf ewf ew few f wef ef
  • A fantastic follow up to the first episode with a great twist at the end!

As Jack, kate and Charlie make thier way back to the crash site it is revealed that Charlie is a herion addict. When the 3 do get back a fight is going on between two of the survivors (Sawyer and Sayid). once the argument between the two is finnaly over Sayid who reveals that he is very good at electronics and is a former officer of the iraqi army says he can fix the transmitter. Sayid then revealed that he needed to get to higher ground to recieve a signal so him, kate, Charlie, boone, Shannon and Sawyer decide to go on a hike to higher ground. Jack was unable to join them because he had to stay with one of the survivors who was in need of medical attention (the man was a US marshall who had a criminal on board) As the losties who went on the hike made there way throught the jungle something approached them with tremodus speed, so sawyer pulled out a gun and shot repeatidlly as the others fled. It was a polar bear, and sawyer had killed it. it was also revealed now that Kate was the prisinor on the plane. As they continued up the mountain sayid suddenly relised that they had a signal! but unforanately he was unable to send a distress call because there was already one, it was in french and lucky for them shannon knew how to speak french. The message was been repeated and it had a count and when shannon translated the message it was something like this : Help, There all dead, it killed them all, im alone now. then Sayid said he had done the math and that this particulat message had been playing for over sixteen years!
  • We now learn a little more about Claire, Sawyer and Sayid on the beach. After the trio returns from their jungle adventure they will just need to go back to get the transceiver to work. Shannon and Boone go on the voyage and the "monster" is b

So we're back after a cliffhanger in the last one. People are making their way through the wreckage, which is a gruesome, but amazing site. I felt like I was watching a movie, not a TV show during the whole thing. Walt is out looking for his dog when he find the handcuffs. *gasp* Sawyer accuses Sayid of being the one that was in cuffs (a little racism from our local redneck) and we're sure Sayid thinks Sawyer is the criminal (as do most other people). Our hero trio returns and is immediately informed they will be returning to the jungle. The beach/jungle juggle is a constant theme, but hey they're on a desert island, what do you expect. Shannon decides to go with Sayid and Kate to spite her brother, Boone, who then decides to go to keep an eye on Shannon and Charlie comes for the hell of it. Sawyer plays the good guy/bad guy game and wants to go "help" the team in the jungle. They get out in the jungle when we hear noises again (will we see this thing soon) and everyone takes off running except Sawyer who shoots a polar bear.

A freakin' polar bear? C'mon now. "Monster", polar bear...this is only the beginning.

They then hear a message in French on their transceiver that has been playing for 16 years "they're all dead" What is out there? To be continued...
  • The concluding part to an amazing start!

After the mysterious opening of \'Pilot - Part 1\', I was eager to see if the second part would offer up as much promise as I hoped it would - it offered up much more than my expectations! I realised that the flashbacks were now a main part of the show, offering insights to each characters view - (we see the plane crashing through different characters eyes, and find out interesting factors of each character) - and I like the way each character links to somebody else. The acting was superb, with Matthew Fox emerging as the hero - Jack Shephard, whilst Kate Austen (the gorgeous Evangeline Lilly)is the obvious leading lady. Other actors providing brilliant support is Dominc Monaghan (the likeable Charlie Pace), Josh Holloway (the tough guy, Sawyer), Ian Somerhalder (the bossy brother, Boone), and Maggie Grace (his bratty sister), not to mention Naveen Andrews (Sayid), or Jorge Garcia (Hurley). \'LOST\' is a character-driven show, so without them, it would be nothing - but luckily, each actor provides each character with a level of mystery; they\'ve all got secrets to hide, as the David LaChappelle directed promotional trailer pointed out. Also, \'LOST\' throws up more twists and turns than a windy street - ending the episode on a truly disturbing climax, which is made to leave you pining for the bext episode...
  • The second hour of the pilot.

In this, the second hour of the two hour pilot episode, we see how the show is going to work. We'll see some live action followed by some flashbacks to show the characters' back story.

So far, we know that Kate is tied to the federal marshall who's life Jack is trying to save. I loved how we, the audience thinks that Kate is this good, girl-next door whom Jack is falling for, meanwhile, it turns out that she is some sort of criminal, though we don't know why as of yet.

We also saw some odd moments as far as "the monster" goes. Who knows where that will lead. I had heard that the show is a little odd, but I didn't know the "odd" things occurred this early on.
  • We still have lots to learn... New characters and new stories.

Previously we discovered some characters´ past life and the story was just beginning to develop. In the jungle, a kid who was looking for his dog, find a pair of handcuffs and we then suppose there is a criminal out there on the island.

Jack, Kate and Charlie come back from the jungle when a fight was taking place between Sawyer and Sayid. At the end, the second one affirms being able to repair the radio transmissor, but it´s necessary to use it in a high place, like a cliff or mountain, in order to have a good reception. Although Jack is not able to go because he has to heal a man with a shrapnel inside his body, Kate decides to go. Shannon, Boone and Charlie join them, and later Sawyer joins too. After a long trek, they hear a noise coming after them, so they start to run imagining what would it be. But Sawyer didn´t move at all and seemed very confident about his actions. When we start to think this man is crazy, he takes out a gun and shoots what we later discover is a polar bear. Despite this unbelievable fact, Kate is more interested in knowing where did Sawyer´s gun came from than the existence of a polar bear on a tropical island. According to Sawyer, he took the gun from the marshal Jack was trying to heal.

After this incident, they finally find an appropiate place to turn on the transceiver, but they´ll soon find out that there is another signal being transmitted... But it´s not an ordinary signal, it´s an S.O.S. which has been repeating the same message for sixteen years... How incredible is this? At least they now know they´re not the only survivors on the island.
  • A really cool episode.

This concludes the 2 part season premiere. It's a really nice start to a series. I had a really good time watching this 2 part premiere episode, this is a really good show. I'm ready for more episodes. The premiere episode makes a perfect appetizer. the show's premise is so enticing that it's got must see written all over it. the show really delivers, it's got everything expected from an adventure show. This is some mystery worth watching, I just can't get enough of it. This is a really cool show, definitely worth my time. I love to see more of Lost.
  • Having escaped the "creature" and retrieved the plane transceiver, a group of the survivors journey to higher ground so they can transmit a signal. En route, they receive a mysterious transmission and encounter another of the island's inhabitants.

like the first part of this episode, this one was amazing aswel, better infact. my favourite part of this episode was the polar bear scene and the french transmission part. this episode had a bit more humour in it like sawyers sarcastic comments and hurley fainting when he was helping jack with the u.s marshall. this episode had more questions asked abuot the island and survivors secrets. the song played during the scene where kate, sayid, sawyer, charlie, boone and shannon where climbing the mountain was great and i think it should be used more often. lost is the best.
  • Adds connections and questions...

My star rating: **** out of ****

This episode really connects the characters on the plane and piles questions ontop of you.
    What was with the polar bear?
    The monster?
    The french transmission?
    The handcuffed Kate?

This episode kept me on the edge of my seat. The acting was superb the special effects were even better. The story gets better each time and keeps you asking for more.

After this episode, you can tell that the show is going to be good. It will keep questions, add answers, add more questions! You find out more about people characters and more about the island.

Line that sticks out the most:
    Charlie: "Guys where are we?"

LOST
  • The second instalment to the pilot is even better then the first. Exciting, mind blowing, suspensful, and absolutly well writen.

What with the fantastic part 1 of the pilot it would seem impossible to make the next episode better, but some how they pulled it off.

This episode really is the first episode that really elaberates on who the survivors are and were, and also how they get along together (what with sawyer and sayid fighting early into the episode). Part 2 is not like part 1 where they wait for rescue to come, part 2 is about realizing that if they're going to be rescued they have to do something about it.

This episode really starts to label the characters what with Jack being the helpful doctor, Kate being the budding leader who has a dark secret, Sawyer being the outlaw who doesn't care about anyone ect. Part 2 really is a fantastic episode and it opens the doors for more events and mysterys to come on the island.

Charlie- Hey guys, Where are we?

LOST
  • Another great episode!

This one starts out with us learning a little bit more about Charlie and it turns out that he is a heroin addict. I liked how they overlapped scenes from the first episode to this one. When we see Charlie rushing down the isle in this episode we don’t see much of Jack, but in the first one it was the opposite way around. They also showed what Kate was doing at the time of the accident in midair. I guess they are going to do this for a while. We also find out why Charlie wanted to go and help find the cockpit so bad and what he was doing in the bathroom while Jack and Kate were looking for the transceiver. We also find out that there was a prisoner on the plane and Sayid thinks Sawyer and Sawyer things Sayid is a terrorist they get into a couple fights about it both verbally and physically. It turns out that the seemingly innocent Kate is the prisoner. I can’t wait to find out what it is she did to get in so much trouble and what everyone else is going to do when they find out. Hurley seems like a funny guy. I don’t like Michael very much and he doesn’t seem to know very much about his son that he supposedly cares so much about. The scene in the Jungle where Sawyer kills a polar bear was pretty cool and very strange that there is a polar bear in the place that they are in. It adds a lot of mystery to the already mysterious island and speaking of mystery the ending was very exciting. There are a lot of questions that they left us with along with the ones already mentioned there are others like is the marshal going to tell Jack that Kate is the prisoner and what is John Locke’s story?
  • Sawyer: "I saw a guy lying there with an ankle holster so I took the gun. I thought it might come in handy. Guess what? I just shot a bear!"

In flashbacks, it is revealed that Charlie was doing heroin in the plane's bathroom right before the crash. He, Kate, and Jack return to the main camp with the radio transmitter. Jack must now attend to the air marshall, who was wounded in the crash and requires medical attention. Sayid and Kate decide to take the radio transmitter into the jungle and up to a higher elevation in order to boost the signal. They are joined by Shannon and Boone, who are brother and sister and fight constantly. They are also joined by Charlie and Sawyer. While in the jungle, a polar bear, of all things, runs to attack them. Sawyer promptly pulls out a pistol and shoots it dead. It is revealed that he took the gun off the air marshall. Once they've reached higher elevation, they check the radio, but are unable to sent any signals because another signal is being sent from close by. It is in French, and Shannon translates it. "I'm alone now, it killed them all," the message says. Sayid does some calculations and figures out the message has been playing on a loop for 16 years...

Many important things happen in this episode, namely being the discovery of the polar bear, finding out that Charlie is a drug adict, and hearing the French Woman's strange signal. The second part of the Pilot establishes more key points than the first, but still focuses on getting to know the characters. For example, we find out that Sawyer (Josh Holloway) is a complete jerk, that Sayid (Naveen Andrews) is an Iraqi, and through a flashback we also find out that Kate (Evangeline Lilly) was the fugitive who the air marshall was escorting. This episode has plenty of action in it, and sets up more of the key mysteries that Lost loves to leave us with.
  • Awesome second hour to an awesome pilot episode of Lost

When the Pilot episode of Lost aired, I had only heard a few things about the show.. I had seen the commercial and decided that it looked alright. I didn\'t know whether or not to watch it. So, on the day the first episode aired, I turned the TV on five minutes prior, remembering that it was going to be playing, and watched the first hour of the pilot. That first hour was all it took for me to get hooked. After that, I was an avid fan.

The second hour is a fine continuation of the first hour of the pilot. The whole episode was making me gasp in excitement, and at the same time, laugh at the humor of some of the characters, such as Hurley, Charlie and Sawyer.

I loved the whole transciever plot with Sayid and the others.. I love cliffhanger episodes, and with Lost, it seems like just about every episode leaves you hanging (except for the occasional episode that ends with music montages).

Overall, this was the perfect episode to get somebody hooked to the show.
  • wow. we learn some cool stuff about kate and charlie. aka. frodo's hobbit friend.

wow. great episode. finally got a hold of the second pilot. evangeline lilly takes her shirt off in this episode too. and we learn she's a criminal which makes it even hotter. It looks like the US marshall was the one who got hit by the shrapnel and Jack was in the process of helping him when he wakes up. Nice flashback scenes to the plane. Those were pretty cool how everyone somehow interacted with each other before the crash. Kate also wanted the marshall to live as shown by how she puts the air breather on him after he gets knocked out cold.

good episode. can't wait till i get a hold of the 3rd one
  • The way this show should be: Excellent

This is how all pilots should be, I wasn’t to impressed with the first part because we didn’t learn anything about the characters. Only that there is something in the island.

In this one, we get to know a bit more about all the characters, Two flashbacks and a very creepy and mysterious end. The reason why I love this show.

We go more and explore more the characters, Jack in this episode doesn’t take all the screen time and it shows us that there isn’t just one character in the show. Jack tries to operate a guy who was sitting next to Kate.

Meanwhile. Kate, Charlie, Sayid, two siblings and annoying Sawyer go into the jungle. Sawyer is someone who they thought was taken to prison and he had a gun and saved the others. I think he at least could gave gotten a ‘thank you’ for killing a polo bear, what is a polo bear doing in that island anyway? The two siblings are called Boone and Shannon, Shannon is a big bitca who is useless but she goes along to prove her brother that she isn’t. She proves that she isn’t totally useless, Sayid is someone who worked in the war and gets into a fight with Sawyer. He also fixed a radio, and we both get flashbacks from Kate and Charlie when they were in the plane. Charlie was (or is) a drug addict and he went into the bathroom because he had left some drugs in the toilet, while Kate was the prisoner. She was next to the man who was wounded and plays the nice sweet innocent girl act.

Other characters we go more into are the two Japanese ones. The male is called Jin who doesn’t treat his woman rightly and doesn’t give her any freedom, her name is Sun. Jin tries to make some food and give it to other people, Hurley just laughs in his face and the pregnant lady ‘Clare’ starts to feel her baby in her belly again cause of it.

Also, the father and son relationship, Michael and his son Walt, he doesn’t know much about his son and Walt doesn’t like his father, he just wants his dog back ‘Vincent’ who was the one who woke up Jack. Walt goes to hang out with the bald guy called Locke.

Anyway, so the gang goes into the jungle and after Sawyer shooting the bear, they climbs up the mountains but first Kate takes off Sawyer’s gun ‘I know girls like you’. In the mountain they try to hear that radio and some French woman talks, Shannon understands it and she says that the French woman says that something killed all her passengers and that she is alone. There is also a number of times it has been repeating and Sayid says that it has been repeating for 16 years now.

This was a great episode that takes you and sucks you in, into the ‘Lost’ world. It had lots of comedy moments and all the characters prove to be interesting.
  • The plot thickens

As the survivors head out to find a signal for the transceiver we learn that Kate is a convict who was being flown over at the time of the crash. Also the mystery surrounding the Japanese couple becomes more mystifying.

We learn more about Boon and Shannon, the sibling rivalry is trong with these two. And Charlie has been trafficking drugs.

Overall a very revealing episode as we delve into charcters personal ordeals. Sawyer is still a mystery though.
  • can you say wow?

So here is the second episode and i'm already hooked to this show! no surprise though.. i love movies that is full of mysteries and drama.. i knew i would love..
    so we come to episode 2 and I already have a favorite character.. dah dah dah Sawyer! how can you not love a guy who is a badass but yet funny?
    We come to find that there is a polar bear on this mysterious island.. amazing to believe that a polar bear could have lived this long on a tropical island.. but no problem our buddy Sawyer put the bear out of his misery by emptying his clip on the bear.. a gun on the island? yes.. there was a US Marshall on the plane with a prisioner, a very very hot prisioner might i say. Not only is there a monster on the island but a French woman who has been stuck in the island for none other than 16 years!
    gotta love LOST!
  • I love it as much as the first

This is a really good ep. I love the fact that theres a monster on the island that is awesome. and wow Sayid is really smart that was amesome how he couted that message to 16 years. The 2 hour ep. was one of the best opening for a show i have ever seen i love it so much.
1 2 3