Lost

Pilot (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 29, 2004 on ABC

• The second part of the pilot episode continues where the first leaves off, still with alot of questions that need answering, but before we know it we have even more questions that need answering??

There is initially a fight on the beach with a biased man with a major chip on his shoulder blaming Sayad as the reason that the plane crashed, calling him a terrorist. The start of this was no doubt the little boy finding the handcuffs in the forest edge. The man is saying that Sayad was still throughout the entire flight and that his hands were covered by a blanket, obviously covering up the handcuffs.

The fight of course gets broken up by Jack before he gets called away to see about the condition of the man with a stomach impalment. Whilst this is going on Sayad has claimed to have fixed the transceiver but that they are out of range of a signal, as there are no bars. The chubby guy goes to help Sayad, Hurley asks him where he learnt about electronics, here we find that Sayad used to be a communications guy in the Iraqi Imperial Guard during the gulf war. Hmmm, is this going to be more relevant later on, there is bound to be a story or two regarding this issue.

The transceiver fixed and a group of them go off on a hike in order to gain a higher altitude so that the trasceiver can be able to broadcast a distress message. They initially start as the two of them, Kate and Sayad, but then the guy who was fighting with him wants to come along on the hike, then charlie and the brother and sister pair join in.

They all undertake a small climb on their hike and get to flatter land of some description, they are walking in long grass when there is an animalistic noise, the trampling of the grass can be heard, Kate (taking Jack's advise) does a u-turn and starts to run, as do they all but the man who was involved in the fight on the beach, who draws a gun and starts shooting at the approaching thing. The others cease and return to where he was. He has killed a bear, a very big white bear, hmmm a polar bear in a tropical climate of sorts.

They then discuss how he came to be in the possession of a gun, through a Us Marshall. We have yet another flashback to the initial plane journey, only to find out that Kate was the prisoner of the Marshall !!!!

The hike is semi successful, they manage to get high enough to get a bar on the transceiver, only to find that someone else is sending a signal out, and they have it on a loop and its been broadcasting for 16 years. Damn that was quick maths, even for me. LOL.

Hmmm, more to this than meets the eye I think, I'll just have to wait and see on that score i suppose.