Lost

Pilot (2)

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 29, 2004 on ABC

• Awesome.

Kate, Sayid, Sawyer, Charlie, Shannon and Boone head out to take the transceiver inland in an attempt to reach higher ground and get a better signal. Along the way, they are attacked by a charging polar bear, which Sawyer shoots and kills. They are unable to send a signal with the transceiver due to the presence of another signal, a distress call (translated by Shannon) sent by a French woman that has been playing over and over for approximately sixteen years. Back at the beach, a federal marshal wakes up during his operation and asks Jack about Kate, who, in a flashback, is escorted by the marshal on the plane. In another flashback, Charlie is shown to have sneaked a small bag of heroin onto the plane. I love the way Lost goes through all the characters, and you hardly notice it at first, but I think it is so clever. I have to say I think the writers have/done a great job in making everything link together, it's brilliant. I love the flashbacks, and I love the fighting scene with the legends, Sayid and Sawyer.