Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 10 of 88

• The best TV show ever!!

This is not really a TV show in terms of quality and scale...somehow the producers of this show manage to create a mini movie every episode...That's how great it looks and how great the writing and production values are.
    It's simply epic. the themes that the show tackles range from faith and doubt, to existence and fate. Every season so far has been great. Obviously the first season is probably the most special in that it was flawless and because it was the first time network TV gave us quality of this sort. Only twenty-some episodes left of the series now and we are headed for an amazing finale in 2010!!
  • I think the category for this show is Soap Opera.

I know a lot of people think this show is great. But it is nothing more than a creative soap opera. From the unreliable friendships to the lying, cheating and murder. There is not one thing about this series that stands out as a reason to watch it much less buy it on DVD. How or why Ben is still around and allowed to call all the shots is beyond me. I hope that Hollywood can eventually find a way to produce some real classics again, because shows like this are definitely not made for family viewing with young children.
  • Although it is a good show in general, the best LOST has is its perfectly plotted stories, which need to be very well studied and presented to reach a good amount of audience while keeping it complicated.

LOST it's a revelation for everybody that watches it regularly. On the begining you could think that they were just messing around, presenting crazy thigs in front of you so you could say its somewhat science fiction while the way was shooted was more like a story about people and their relationships.

And it was at the beginning that you thought that because the characters were being presented by flashbacks, and all of them had their own lives before the crash, lives that will affect the way they react on the island in certain situations. Besides the crazy stuff, which was barely justified to the audience, nothing seemed to happen.

But as the show was going forward, science fiction started to take place, and all of us that were just asking ourselves "What the hell is happening overthere?", started to say... "AWESOME!!!". The more the show advances, the more is revealed, but, and here is the "ahead of its time" thing, barely nothing that it's being presented and explained, is new, instead, the show it's always consistent with the first pillars presented in the first season, which blows your mind because you know now that every single detail happens for a reason and will most likely be used to reveal more secrets.

This way of development is quite special in a show like that. Normally, this kind of plot will be used in a mini-series, were you know exactly where you are going. But LOST just keeps going, and every season writers need to know how to wrap up just in case the show is ended, or how to continue without using new naterial, I mean, using what you stablished since the very first episode.

And the most important thing; to continue writing the show the way it's been written, the plot must be evolving in a very complicated one. The more episodes you have to write, the more implications you have to give to the original plot, that means a good deal of names, situations, relationships... but not every fan of the show is a rocket scientist and keeps a log for every name and word that's been said on the island, so you have to keep it simple to remember and understand, and here is were I find the hardest work being done in the writing and editing process. ABC is trying to explain every chapter now with the "untangled" episodes, but as the shows goes (now even through time and space), the need of a road map is imperative.

Be good, and keep watching LOST.
  • The perfect mixture of everything this show is my own personal favorite. I've watched this show religiously since it's first start and I'm going to miss it when it finishs!

Lol, when I first saw the 100 words min, I thought it said 100 words max. Trying to sum LOST up in 100 words - it's a tricky feat to do! I don't think I could! Character driven with underling plots of mythology and romance, LOST is my personal favourite in TV history! I fully feel that my 10 rating on the show is true! I have never managed to see a show that has kept it's momentum through all five seasons. This show is something special and as such should be celebrated. Season 1 started out by introducing the unfortunate Losties, the survivors of Oceanic flight 815 that crashed mysteriously on a seemingly deserted Island. And so the fun begins; each character has their own interesting and some seriously dark histories attached to them and as their story of survival unfolds so does their past and how they begin to redeem themselves for it. As they all struggle to survive, the mysteries of the island begin to intrude. The puzzling noises in the jungle and the crazy French woman talking of whispers and 'The Others' And as the seasons developed some good characters died - R.I.P Charlotte, Charlie and Boone and some not so good characters died - alah Paulo and Nikki! And some crazy plot lines emerged like Kate blowing up her stepdad who actually was her father, Like Locke's con-man daddy who coined him out of a kidney was also the man who slept with Sawyer momma causing his fathers murder and suicide! See what I mean - crazy! It's almost the best storylines a soap opera could come up with - yet, with a fantastic writing team and superb cast - none of the episodes are contrived or fake (with one or two exceptions). I don't want to boar people too much with talk of shipping and the dreaded triangle of doom. But, my own personal opinion thinks that the romance between Jack and Kate is wonderful! (I'll leave the rest for my blog) The most recently airing season - Season 5 - is an epic season so far! The questions that have been raised since the beginning are coming to their answers and it comes with a sort of melancholy feeling. With a definite end date in line, the end is coming to one of Televisions finest shows.

I can't really say much more without going into an episode by episode deconstruction. For those of you who are considering watching LOST - please do. It is truly a triumph for those involved in the process.
  • At first I wasn't sure how I felt about lost. The mysterious island, the subplots, the dharma initiative, and all the other mysteries though have intertwined. In fact, the show seems to get better with each episode....

The show has good character development, and every show plays some part of a bigger master storyline. It doesn't seem to go off into useless tangents; in fact, it's always on track & there's always a big overarching objective. Things are always going on with the show, unlike other TV shows which seem to slow down & hit dead time, and some episodes appear to just be filler. Every episode of lost develops the character and the show further...

In fact, I like the show better now than I did during season 2 or season 3.

Early on I preffered Heroes, but lost has started to become my favorite TV show.
  • Who's going to watch 4 seasons of being stuck on an island? Please...

For 3 years I was saying those words. My sister always talked about Lost, I knew that it was a show about survivours of a plane crash. Modern Robinson Crusoe. And then I found out that single fact... J.J. Abrams was the executive producer. And I said to myself: This has to be watched.

I am great fan of Alias, I watched it on a local television almost from the start. Extremely intrigued and entertainted, I craved for more when the show ended (actually, the 4th season was the last on that local television, I downloaded the 5th season later). And that one night, I took the pilot episodes from my sister. Love at first sight, I must say.

Everything I ever thought I had known about this show disappeared. It was a mixture of drama, sci-fi, mystery, comedy, adventure. But I think the sci-fi element was crucial for me to really want to watch it. Dominic Moaghan was a big plus too, for I love The Lord of the Rings. And now, I have been a Lost fon for more than 6 months. I really regret letting my prejudices stand between me and this great show, but I hope I'm mostly going to use the rest of the show to enjoy it.

I admitt there were some boring moments, but the producers did say it was stalling. But from the second half of season three and onwards, Lost is absolutely perfect, and I hope it's going to get even better. Sci-fi, adventures, mysteries (and solving mysteris too), comedy, action... I cannot wait for the series finale, but I am sad because it's going to end, just like Harry Potter, who I really enjoyed reading and expecting.
  • The best show. ever.

This show has proven to me that there is hope for television after all. I discovered LOST really late in the game. It was just a few months ago, my little sister was watching a DVD and while I was eating lunch I figured I'd join her. It was halfway through season 1 and three hours later I was saying "Just one more episode PLEASE!" I was literally hooked after about 10 minutes.

LOST is the type of series that makes you feel completely connected to the characters. When they hurt you hurt, when they cry you cry, and when they are standing there staring in complete confusion with that "WHATT?" expression you are sitting on the cough screaming at the tv "WHATT?!?!?" By now all of you on here know exactly what I am talking about, and you know that this is by far the best series that has ever existed on television.
  • You can't make this stuff up... or can you ? ? ?

Wow... I mean wow, as in : " Wow this show is a load of crap ".
    Really?! A smoke monsters? A time machine island? A polar bear? A magnetic stabler machine thingy ? And to top on all that a dog! thats already pushing it. Next thing you'll tell me this island has french people on it... oh no, wait a minute, it does! What amazes me more than how do well educated adults... and the writers of "Lost" still manage to draw such an audience for this show, is why do i still watch it. I'm pretty sure it's not the "clever" scripts (not mentioning the plot) because to see such a dialog I can crash at my 4 year old nephew's house and watch barney. (I'm of course talking about Hugo's lines, which by the way does remind me of barney except he is missing a tail, but i have my fingers crossed maybe the island will grow him one).
    And if it was the beautiful actresses on the show i can always watch Ftv. Which leaves me with one option and that option is that I'm that anxious to find out the out come of the show... I don't even know why i wrote this review...
  • The story of the survivors of the Oceanic Flight 815 who crash on a mysterious island where strange occurances and findings happen

The greatest show ever. Elaborate and well thought, the only show to suceed in confusing the crap out of you but makes you addicted. Characters you love, monsters, secrets, weird. What's not to love? I started to watch the show only about 6 months ago, watching the sesons on DVD. I got so addicted I finished 1 month before the new season started. It's the only show to make me pause it and look for clues. It's the show that comes into your mind so much you be walking along and see a manhole and cry "Oh my god! A secret hatch!" The kind of show where you're conversations mainly start with,"You watch Lost last night?" or "Holy crap Lost makes me brainhurt!" Great show. May it live forever!

MeepSween XD
  • Oceanic Flight 815 crashed on an island. The survivors have tried to find a way off the island and many have died. They have had to deal with The Others, time travel, and trying to understand why the heck this is happening to them.

Absolutely incredible. Lost is an amazing show. It keeps you entertained and makes you think at the same time. It is filled with all the things someone could want in a show. Action, Adventure, Mystery, Giggity Giggity, and even some comedy. There are plenty of things to keep your mind confused. Whether its the polar bear, smoke monster, DHARMA Initiative, The Others, or the survivors past and future, it always leaves you wondering what will happen next. It is very confusing to try and watch the show from where its at now. You should go on ABC.COM and watch the first seasons to understand everything. There is no other show around like Lost and its ending in 2010 so get busy watching.
  • I think is the most interesting and entretaining tv series I'va ever seen. Lost is a series that makes you think a lot, yeah that's true, and it makes you feel a lot of sensations when you see it.

When I started watching this series, I thought it was bored, why? because I think it was a simple series about some people in a desert island, and I thought that was like a bad film for children. But when I see the series, I saw it was reaaly interesting. I tmakes you think beacause it has mistery, and is very entretaining because it has drama, action, romance, etc. And when you have that together in a series, that's the best you can have. Well, that's all, for all people who think that the fifth season is the worst or that the series is now worse than before, I'll only say that they don't know what are saying.
  • Oceanic 815 survivors crash on a supposedly normal average deserted island. Little do they know that they are not alone. Polar bears roam the island, Others live in houses, and smoke monsters! CRAZY!

It's not that confusing! I, honestly, LOVE this show. When you think you've nailed a mystery, they change the entire game! I mean, sure, polar bears on the island is crazy but that's the point! Nothing is what it seems on the island. I think the writers are geniuses for making this show. If you are not watching this, you need to. Confusing as it gets, for all the loyal Lostie fans, in the end, they'll get a treat.

Smoke monsters, temples, four toed statues! Jeez, I feel like I'm advertising something, but basicly I AM! I don't know why some people don't like it. They say it's too confusing but maybe it's just them 'cause time travel, two Lockes, and what the heck happened to Widmore, is just a Rubix cube! Slowly turning....
  • If you're a looking for a show out of the ordinary full of mind games, twist, romance, action and mysteries. Then Lost is the answer!

I must say that this show is the best thing ever happen in TV. This show is about survivors of a plane crash who landed on an island that is not an ordinary one. There they will find wild animals, romance, action, mysteries, and more important that they are not alone. With flashbacks and flashforwards of the story of each character you will also learn that somehow everyone in the island is connected to the other and that its not mere coincidence that they are all there... its Destiny!.

With amazing characters and amazing stories comes this amazing show that will leave you breathless wanting for more and more, I recomend this episode to anyone. Its different and puzzle-ish.!
    LOVE IT!
  • when will the Island stop moving?

I really wish the Island calculates a final "destination" and stops moving. I was thrilled at the time travel idea in the last season. But now, I am not so sure. I have no clue as to what to understand from these episodes. They are not even fillers. Its interesting but pointless and out of focus. This show was and is one of my favorites so far, and I sincerely hope it doesn't end up like Prison Break or Heroes. Lost has always had a way about telling the past. While they were stranded in the Island, we saw the flashbacks (intense and boring most of the times). But, I think using "time travel" to explain about the Dharma Initiative (I hope not) from the beginning of 20th century is the pinnacle of ridicule. I will wait to see how it goes.
  • Good program however slightly confusing and the plot has changed to the point of it being pretty much non existent.

its a good program however I cant help but wonder if the lost we are watching now, is the same lost that the writers planning in season 1. We on season 5 as do we really have any idea of what is going on? black smoke? polar bears? I cant help but wonder if the lost we are watching now is the same lost that the writers planned all the way back in season 1. Something has changed and its a really pain thinking that you actually understand it when really you dont. Thats my opinion anyway. Each to their own.
  • It's the best show ever!

You would have to live under a rock to not know what Lost is. It is the best show on TV. I must admit: I didn't watch it when it first came on (I was only eleven) but it took me seventeen days to watch seasons 1-3 on DVD. I don't know what it is that makes me addicted to Lost, but whatever it is, it makes Wednesday my favourite day of the week instead of Friday. (You know you're addicten when... :) Season five is great. I like Faraday the best. Sawyer is my second favourite character. I strongly recommend that whoever doesn't watch Lost, start. ASAP! You will not regret it!
  • Oceanic flight 815 crashes on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific. They survive there for just over three months before 6 of them leave the island and now they have to find their way back to the island or everyone left will die.

This show is a very thought out and well written show. The plot is great and the symbolism and meaning of everything they do is tremendous. Every character is there for a reason and what the people see on the island and what they encounter is all for a reason. As John Locke says, we crashed here for a reason, and we aren't meant to leave. John Locke predicted that something bad would happen if they left. When the show comes on every week it's an experience and we're almost never disappointed. They do a very good job about tying up loose ends and explaining things. Even though there are about ten thousand loose ends right now you know they're somehow going to wrap them up and tell us what happens in a very clever way.
  • Entertaining to say the least.

I think Lost is a good show. I have to say that it may be confusing at some points, but it is a good show. The writing is good, the acting is great, and the storylines are okay. I admit that they are quite far-fetched, but for the most part, it makes for great television. My favorite characters would have to be Locke and Jin. They seem like they have something to hide, but it is hard to discover what they are hiding. I think that all of the character have something to offer on the show. Overall, it is a good show. Thank you.
  • Perfect Show for those who like to be in the dark, till the very end. It is very unpredictable, with most parts being very very interesting.

Since the start of lost, i was amazed at how creative were the writers of this show, try making everything fit together so perfectly. Although the escape from the island was kind of long, 4 seasons, we are now experiencing something new, with the 5th season. I think the first 2 episode of 1st Season would tell you everything you need to know. During all of the episodes most of the main characters were involved in some sort of activity on the island, which was either dangerous or curious. It is also worth mentioning that all the people have something in common, other than the obvious. I would recommend this show to everybody, and have probably watched all episode many times now.
  • One of best shows of the 21st century.

So what started off as something great turned into something.... unbelievably mind blowing! I love LOST it is probably the best and orginal show on telly. It starts off with all these people who have some history behind them (seen in many flashbacks) and they end up stranded on this island as their plane crashes. As the plot unfolds we learn it is not just an island, it is mystical and full of surpirses. I won't go into too much detail as well it would take me months to write. All you need to know is this show just keeps getting better and keeps you gripped til the end and begging for more. The main reason being that well the end is not even an end, it just ends with so many unanswered questions but hey that is what I do and will always love about the show. Though I'm glad to say some questions are finally being answered in the 5th series, with new ones needing answered I might add. Overall LOST rules, I worship the awesomness that it is.
  • LOST

I love this show, one of the best shows ever. i hope it never ends, still it's to many or lots of questions in this show that you never get the answer to.
    I hope they give the answers in this and the other seasons.
    I saw on a webpage that Lost will end in 2010 i hope not, because its on of my favorit shows.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Greats from Croatia
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • LOST LOST LOST

dude i love ost so freaking much its like best thing in the freking whole world...i just have a question to ask yall peeps out there

1. ok well we all no that the island travels in time well in the past where jhone lock went to finish his disccution in the episode JUGHEAd they all know how to get off the island well if they all know then how come people are all like well idk how to get off...like in sason 4 desmond shold have known how to since he like lived on the freaking island for like a million years. so like yea what up with that
  • The worst show in tv or at least one of the worst

Ok...really why i see this show. I have take the desicion of stop watching. I found it lame, slow, poor acting, poor writing, ...and do they think im stupid.
    Come one they dont find anything more interesting than timetravel. I mean toy have flashbacks, flashforwards...and now timr travel.
    Every scene had to begin with "not showing the character" come on is the 5 season we know all the character, its just stupid. So well all true blind lost fans dont worry you wont recive more reciews from my persona. Im done with this show, its worst that the disapointing heroes, still heroes may reborn of the ashes. Lost is lost since the 3 season. I will stay with shows like battlestar and true blood where at least they are not lieying to me.
  • What was an outstanding series is now getting rediculous

The series was perfect up to season 4.I think the studio is overstretching it,leaving unanswered quetions about lots of things.For example the lucky numbers,the monster and lots more.

I think its time to end it before we completely loose interest because,for me at least,its reaching the limits of the "good to see after it has all finished" kind of series while until now is in the "see it now while its being aired for the first time" kind of series.

I just wish that they dont end it before answering all those questions...that would suck and I will never watch another series produces by the same studio as that would classify them as amatuers.
  • Not just a show about 48 castaways on a mysterious island, waiting to be rescued.

A truly original and mind blowing TV series that starts with forty eight survivors on a mysterious island in the middle of nowhere, and ends with - who knows at this point. This show has continuously reinvented itself season after season, and after four years still manages to captivate and thrill a large audience across the world. A truly addictive and adventurous show which still has me guessing after five seasons. It is often criticized for not giving back to its fan base, by withholding answers to some longstanding mysteries. Now in its fifth season, the producers are slowly revealing answers to some of the show's biggest mysteries, while continuously dropping hints to even deeper mysteries and giving the audience even more questions to demand answers for. While this show is essentially centred around a complexed and deep mythology, it still manages to pull off some incredibly moving character moments, (Sun screaming for Jin from the helicopter, Desmond and Penny giving birth to a baby boy named 'Charlie') while also introducing many interesting and mysterious new characters at the same time (Daniel Faraday, Matthew Abbadon). This show is truly satisfying viewing every week, although it has provided its viewers with several very painful hiatuses. While it is not perfect and has definitely made some missteps in the past, the last few seasons has proven very rewarding - whether it is references to past events or characters, or reveals to some of the shows smaller mysteries. The show has shown it can be many things - a character-driven drama, action packed fast-paced viewing, and a complexed and influential piece of television.
  • So much more than a few castaways sitting on an island waiting for rescue...

• cant what!!

its a great show it has everythink from action to avanture.its grate they started great and im sure it will finsh better.it will be a rely big hit for everone i mean the hole plase will talk about it from schools to works well i now it will be great theres nothink bad about it and as long as they keep puting new things in everyone will be hoked well at list all the people i now. i mean they cant get over it im hooked and so are them its going to be greati cant think of anythink better.
  • Intense. Dramatic. Mysterious. Romantic. AMAZING!!!

I recently stumbled upon "Lost", a show I thought I would never start watching. A friend had all the seasons and I decided to try and watch the Pilot just because I was bored. Let's put it this way, I watched 16 episodes in that very night. It was amazing. I was hooked. The only reason why I stopped was because my aunt made me stop and go to sleep. I'm hooked. I'm going to watch all the dvds and catch up. Lost is intense, dramatic, mysterious, romantic and it is simply amazing. I would have rated at as a 10 if a.) Charlie didn't die and b.) there weren't phycic things. Creepy.
  • Lost is pure genius... (spoilers!)

Best episode since a while!! There where awesome relevations: Charles whitmore as a youngster on the Island, Faraday's mother is in L.A, Locke saying Richard he should visit him in two years,...
    another nice thing is that Desmond's baby's name is "Charlie". What I like, is that it all is starting to make sence. In season 4 you see that Richard is visiting Locke when he's a kid. At that moment it looked totally unbelievable, but now it makes acctualy a little more sence!
    Richard Alpart is an awesome character. He doesn't age..??

All storylines (Miles, Charlotte, Faraday / Juliette, Sawyer, Locke/Desmond, Penny) where absolutely interesting.

We all knew that Charlotte would some time be unconciouness by the "constant"-desease, this now happens at the end.
  • Lost is a huge cliffhanger that I hate to watch part of the time, but I love the suspense most of the time.

Lost is a large mystery to many people, even the actors of the show do not know what is fully going on in the story. But the action is good and suspense, although extremely irritating at times, keeps me coming back for more. The show is great however it needs to end soon, for the fan base is getting fed up with all the questions posted in the series. I believe seasons 1 and 2 were the hook to the show, seasons 3 and 4 were the fillers, and now seasons 5 and 6 are the finally and the best-to-come
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14