ABC (ended 2010)

Lost Fan Reviews page 10 of 88

i have never enjoyed a show more than i have enjoyed Lost. Every episode brings excitement and new information, i live for wednesday nights, and i alos hate them because then i have to wait a whole other week for a new episode! The writers are complete genius' and every character is lovable. I hate it when people say that its confusing. Honestly, it really isnt, its just so well thought out, and the way everything fits together is amazing, everything that happens on the show happens for a reason, and u always have to pay attention to the details. The suspense that is built in the show is amazing. I don't know what i will do with myself once this show ends after its 6th season!
  • Oceanic Airlines flight 815 crashes on a tropical island. The survivors must learn to depend on one another for survival.

This is the best TV show of all time. It causes you to think, which is what sets it apart from other shows that merely tell you a story and explain everything for you. Lost keeps you guessing every single episode. Those of us who have been "Losties" from the beginning are given enough each week to discuss and rehash every person, every line of dialogue, everything we see, trying to figure out what each and every small detail means. And last week's episode. Just when you think maybe Ben just might be telling a little bit of the truth, AAARGGGGHHHH! Out comes the EVIL BEN! Oh,and did I mention that I adore Sawyer?
  • By far the best show on television.

Lost is by far my favorite show on television. I will admit that I was one of the people who 'Lost' interest when the show went on one of it's earlier hiatuses but once it went to it's current flow of playing all new episodes back to back it has been my favorite show to watch.
    It was a difficult show to watch in seasons 2 and 3 because you felt that with every episode the show got more confusing and things never seemed to add up. It seemed there were always more questions and no answers. However, once season 4 started, so did the answers and the viewer has benefited.
    If you haven't seen this show before go "rent" it and get cuaght up. You won't be disappointed.
  • Best show of mine for over 4 years.

I started watching this show when the first season came out on DVD. I was searching for something to rent and this was new so I rented it. But yea that ain't really the review part, so I'm gonna go ahead and start. This show is a show that hooks you on from minute one to minute 40. When I am watching this it's like time doesn't pass. The creator of this is a genious in my book, to think of these thing, and the director of how everyone plays their roles is simply amazing. You never know what to expect, it's not a show that you know what's going to happen ( Almost like all shows these days ) No, you think something is going to happen, but in the end you find out that it was the opposite! The story line for this is basically amazing, I mean everyone will give it a shot of atleast one episode, I mean plane crash on a 'deserted island' everyone likes that, but as the story progresses you do get a bit angry, because everything just adds up and keeps adding with no answers just questions, but when you finally get an answer... it's like a piece of heaven! Too get to the end of this boring review, for me this show is something I look forward to each week, because I know for those 40 or so minutes, I have nothing to think about just Lost. One of the best thing TV has ever seen.
  • this is a good show, I think it has gotten away from the whole, not knowing the person beside you aspect that it originally was but still good

I miss the everyone showing up in a small way in flashbacks, and there aren't as many teamups of different people as there once were. One teamup that was actually quite short but I wanted to see more of was Sayid and Sawyer, remember when they teamed up when they were worried about Juliet in their camp? That was cool and I loved how Juliet was saying who it's weird that them two are the ones policing. And there is very little dynamic between sun and Kate anymore. I just miss the group solidary aspect to the show. Everyone seems set as to who we're going to see them with. But I still watch and the puzzle is still interesting.
  • Simply the best show on television at the moment (or ever).

When I first heard that they were making a show on a bunch of people stuck on an island after a plane crash, I started to laugh. "These guys are gonna write themselves into a hole, and the show won't last longer than a season" I thought. After all, how much can happen on one island?
    Man, was I wrong. With the clever use of flashbacks and later on, flash-forwards, the show is unique in every way.
    The island itself is still a mystery after 5 seasons.
    As each question is answered, another 10 come up. The way they keep you wanting more after each episode is something that you can't find in any other show.
    And ... it also helps that the characters are really interesting and each actor is amazing.
    I only started watching the series on DVD, after the 3rd season was finished. I was so enthralled, that I watched all 3 seasons in less than 2 weeks and couldn't wait for the next one to start. Although, I thought that the show had reached its prime, and there was no way they could keep it that good for another season, especially with the writer's strike beckoning. After all, very few shows are better in their latter years.
    Man ... I have never been so wrong ... again! Season 4 was absolutely magnificent. Even though there were only 10 or 11 episodes in the season, I think it is the best season of television I have ever seen.
    I don't often remember the titles of episodes (I don't even remember easy things like my mom's birthday sometimes :)), but "The constant" in season 4 was perfect - no other words to describe it.
    I'm busy watching season 5 now - and unbelievably it is still great (I think I've rated each episode as a 10 - I don't often give episodes 10s, you can check). I'm really looking forward to a lot more seasons from this awesome show.
    I definitely recommend everyone to watch it.
  • AWESUM... my personal FAVORITE

I first started watching lost back in 05 because of a friend. He used to tell me to watch this again and again. So I finally bought the DVD. To be frank, i am not into sci-fi and all, but let me tell u ppl something... this show, LOST, changed me completely.
    After i started watching it on DVD, i could not stop, i watched all the 1st season ep in 2 days, tats how crazy i was. Today i follow LOST every weak, and cant wait for the next week. I just saw S05E06 and this is my favorite episode ever. Right from the start, you attach yourself to the characters and want them to move ahead. Its a show full of MYSTERIES, and the mystery unfolds slowly, and its definitely worth the wait!!. Now, what can i say about the writers, they are BEYOND GENIUSES. After each episode you will find yourself saying "what the hell just happened" and it will blow your mind away...
  • This show is absolutely phenomenal. I am intrigued by every single episode and they always come up with something no one has ever thought of before. The show is influential and inspiring.

This show is absolutely phenomenal. I am intrigued by every single episode and they always come up with something no one has ever thought of before. The show is influential and inspiring. There is also a sense of spiritualness that the show gives off. After every episode, there is a distinct moral or lesson learned. The show is far from just an entertainment it is a show that teaches and expands your mind. When I first saw this show on television I thought it was boring and the plot line was too confusing. However, once I went to Abc family's episode player and saw the episodes before I grew to love this show. This is the not the kind of show you can just watch once. You have to get to know each of the characters and their struggles. I am so glad I gave this show another chance.
  • Lost is a wonderful drama series which is so much versatile in nature. It's got mystery, imaginative elements, science fiction, suspense, thrilling and what not. It's got an innovative storyline featuring one/two particular character in each episode.

Lost is one of those shows that hold you glued to it and after watching each episode you are bound to say "It could not have been any better." The show is very much enriched for the way the writers have incorporated their storylines and imagination in it. A bunch of people are destined to crash on an island which is full of endless mysteries and unpredictable turns. The show got better and better as each season ended followed by a new one. You will feel like you are also lost with the characters in this island as you'll watch it and you will feel sad as they keep trying to make all the unsuccessful attempt to escape the island. The show is in its 5th season and there are still tons of mysteries to be solved. You definitely can't stop watching until you get into the end of the season. This show is that awesome.
  • The best TV show ever!!

This is not really a TV show in terms of quality and scale...somehow the producers of this show manage to create a mini movie every episode...That's how great it looks and how great the writing and production values are.
    It's simply epic. the themes that the show tackles range from faith and doubt, to existence and fate. Every season so far has been great. Obviously the first season is probably the most special in that it was flawless and because it was the first time network TV gave us quality of this sort. Only twenty-some episodes left of the series now and we are headed for an amazing finale in 2010!!
  • I think the category for this show is Soap Opera.

I know a lot of people think this show is great. But it is nothing more than a creative soap opera. From the unreliable friendships to the lying, cheating and murder. There is not one thing about this series that stands out as a reason to watch it much less buy it on DVD. How or why Ben is still around and allowed to call all the shots is beyond me. I hope that Hollywood can eventually find a way to produce some real classics again, because shows like this are definitely not made for family viewing with young children.
  • Although it is a good show in general, the best LOST has is its perfectly plotted stories, which need to be very well studied and presented to reach a good amount of audience while keeping it complicated.

LOST it's a revelation for everybody that watches it regularly. On the begining you could think that they were just messing around, presenting crazy thigs in front of you so you could say its somewhat science fiction while the way was shooted was more like a story about people and their relationships.

And it was at the beginning that you thought that because the characters were being presented by flashbacks, and all of them had their own lives before the crash, lives that will affect the way they react on the island in certain situations. Besides the crazy stuff, which was barely justified to the audience, nothing seemed to happen.

But as the show was going forward, science fiction started to take place, and all of us that were just asking ourselves "What the hell is happening overthere?", started to say... "AWESOME!!!". The more the show advances, the more is revealed, but, and here is the "ahead of its time" thing, barely nothing that it's being presented and explained, is new, instead, the show it's always consistent with the first pillars presented in the first season, which blows your mind because you know now that every single detail happens for a reason and will most likely be used to reveal more secrets.

This way of development is quite special in a show like that. Normally, this kind of plot will be used in a mini-series, were you know exactly where you are going. But LOST just keeps going, and every season writers need to know how to wrap up just in case the show is ended, or how to continue without using new naterial, I mean, using what you stablished since the very first episode.

And the most important thing; to continue writing the show the way it's been written, the plot must be evolving in a very complicated one. The more episodes you have to write, the more implications you have to give to the original plot, that means a good deal of names, situations, relationships... but not every fan of the show is a rocket scientist and keeps a log for every name and word that's been said on the island, so you have to keep it simple to remember and understand, and here is were I find the hardest work being done in the writing and editing process. ABC is trying to explain every chapter now with the "untangled" episodes, but as the shows goes (now even through time and space), the need of a road map is imperative.

Be good, and keep watching LOST.
  • The perfect mixture of everything this show is my own personal favorite. I've watched this show religiously since it's first start and I'm going to miss it when it finishs!

Lol, when I first saw the 100 words min, I thought it said 100 words max. Trying to sum LOST up in 100 words - it's a tricky feat to do! I don't think I could! Character driven with underling plots of mythology and romance, LOST is my personal favourite in TV history! I fully feel that my 10 rating on the show is true! I have never managed to see a show that has kept it's momentum through all five seasons. This show is something special and as such should be celebrated. Season 1 started out by introducing the unfortunate Losties, the survivors of Oceanic flight 815 that crashed mysteriously on a seemingly deserted Island. And so the fun begins; each character has their own interesting and some seriously dark histories attached to them and as their story of survival unfolds so does their past and how they begin to redeem themselves for it. As they all struggle to survive, the mysteries of the island begin to intrude. The puzzling noises in the jungle and the crazy French woman talking of whispers and 'The Others' And as the seasons developed some good characters died - R.I.P Charlotte, Charlie and Boone and some not so good characters died - alah Paulo and Nikki! And some crazy plot lines emerged like Kate blowing up her stepdad who actually was her father, Like Locke's con-man daddy who coined him out of a kidney was also the man who slept with Sawyer momma causing his fathers murder and suicide! See what I mean - crazy! It's almost the best storylines a soap opera could come up with - yet, with a fantastic writing team and superb cast - none of the episodes are contrived or fake (with one or two exceptions). I don't want to boar people too much with talk of shipping and the dreaded triangle of doom. But, my own personal opinion thinks that the romance between Jack and Kate is wonderful! (I'll leave the rest for my blog) The most recently airing season - Season 5 - is an epic season so far! The questions that have been raised since the beginning are coming to their answers and it comes with a sort of melancholy feeling. With a definite end date in line, the end is coming to one of Televisions finest shows.

I can't really say much more without going into an episode by episode deconstruction. For those of you who are considering watching LOST - please do. It is truly a triumph for those involved in the process.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about lost. The mysterious island, the subplots, the dharma initiative, and all the other mysteries though have intertwined. In fact, the show seems to get better with each episode....

The show has good character development, and every show plays some part of a bigger master storyline. It doesn't seem to go off into useless tangents; in fact, it's always on track & there's always a big overarching objective. Things are always going on with the show, unlike other TV shows which seem to slow down & hit dead time, and some episodes appear to just be filler. Every episode of lost develops the character and the show further...

In fact, I like the show better now than I did during season 2 or season 3.

Early on I preffered Heroes, but lost has started to become my favorite TV show.
  • Who's going to watch 4 seasons of being stuck on an island? Please...

For 3 years I was saying those words. My sister always talked about Lost, I knew that it was a show about survivours of a plane crash. Modern Robinson Crusoe. And then I found out that single fact... J.J. Abrams was the executive producer. And I said to myself: This has to be watched.

I am great fan of Alias, I watched it on a local television almost from the start. Extremely intrigued and entertainted, I craved for more when the show ended (actually, the 4th season was the last on that local television, I downloaded the 5th season later). And that one night, I took the pilot episodes from my sister. Love at first sight, I must say.

Everything I ever thought I had known about this show disappeared. It was a mixture of drama, sci-fi, mystery, comedy, adventure. But I think the sci-fi element was crucial for me to really want to watch it. Dominic Moaghan was a big plus too, for I love The Lord of the Rings. And now, I have been a Lost fon for more than 6 months. I really regret letting my prejudices stand between me and this great show, but I hope I'm mostly going to use the rest of the show to enjoy it.

I admitt there were some boring moments, but the producers did say it was stalling. But from the second half of season three and onwards, Lost is absolutely perfect, and I hope it's going to get even better. Sci-fi, adventures, mysteries (and solving mysteris too), comedy, action... I cannot wait for the series finale, but I am sad because it's going to end, just like Harry Potter, who I really enjoyed reading and expecting.
  • The best show. ever.

This show has proven to me that there is hope for television after all. I discovered LOST really late in the game. It was just a few months ago, my little sister was watching a DVD and while I was eating lunch I figured I'd join her. It was halfway through season 1 and three hours later I was saying "Just one more episode PLEASE!" I was literally hooked after about 10 minutes.

LOST is the type of series that makes you feel completely connected to the characters. When they hurt you hurt, when they cry you cry, and when they are standing there staring in complete confusion with that "WHATT?" expression you are sitting on the cough screaming at the tv "WHATT?!?!?" By now all of you on here know exactly what I am talking about, and you know that this is by far the best series that has ever existed on television.
  • You can't make this stuff up... or can you ? ? ?

Wow... I mean wow, as in : " Wow this show is a load of crap ".
    Really?! A smoke monsters? A time machine island? A polar bear? A magnetic stabler machine thingy ? And to top on all that a dog! thats already pushing it. Next thing you'll tell me this island has french people on it... oh no, wait a minute, it does! What amazes me more than how do well educated adults... and the writers of "Lost" still manage to draw such an audience for this show, is why do i still watch it. I'm pretty sure it's not the "clever" scripts (not mentioning the plot) because to see such a dialog I can crash at my 4 year old nephew's house and watch barney. (I'm of course talking about Hugo's lines, which by the way does remind me of barney except he is missing a tail, but i have my fingers crossed maybe the island will grow him one).
    And if it was the beautiful actresses on the show i can always watch Ftv. Which leaves me with one option and that option is that I'm that anxious to find out the out come of the show... I don't even know why i wrote this review...
  • The story of the survivors of the Oceanic Flight 815 who crash on a mysterious island where strange occurances and findings happen

The greatest show ever. Elaborate and well thought, the only show to suceed in confusing the crap out of you but makes you addicted. Characters you love, monsters, secrets, weird. What's not to love? I started to watch the show only about 6 months ago, watching the sesons on DVD. I got so addicted I finished 1 month before the new season started. It's the only show to make me pause it and look for clues. It's the show that comes into your mind so much you be walking along and see a manhole and cry "Oh my god! A secret hatch!" The kind of show where you're conversations mainly start with,"You watch Lost last night?" or "Holy crap Lost makes me brainhurt!" Great show. May it live forever!

MeepSween XD
  • Oceanic Flight 815 crashed on an island. The survivors have tried to find a way off the island and many have died. They have had to deal with The Others, time travel, and trying to understand why the heck this is happening to them.

Absolutely incredible. Lost is an amazing show. It keeps you entertained and makes you think at the same time. It is filled with all the things someone could want in a show. Action, Adventure, Mystery, Giggity Giggity, and even some comedy. There are plenty of things to keep your mind confused. Whether its the polar bear, smoke monster, DHARMA Initiative, The Others, or the survivors past and future, it always leaves you wondering what will happen next. It is very confusing to try and watch the show from where its at now. You should go on ABC.COM and watch the first seasons to understand everything. There is no other show around like Lost and its ending in 2010 so get busy watching.
  • I think is the most interesting and entretaining tv series I'va ever seen. Lost is a series that makes you think a lot, yeah that's true, and it makes you feel a lot of sensations when you see it.

When I started watching this series, I thought it was bored, why? because I think it was a simple series about some people in a desert island, and I thought that was like a bad film for children. But when I see the series, I saw it was reaaly interesting. I tmakes you think beacause it has mistery, and is very entretaining because it has drama, action, romance, etc. And when you have that together in a series, that's the best you can have. Well, that's all, for all people who think that the fifth season is the worst or that the series is now worse than before, I'll only say that they don't know what are saying.
  • Oceanic 815 survivors crash on a supposedly normal average deserted island. Little do they know that they are not alone. Polar bears roam the island, Others live in houses, and smoke monsters! CRAZY!

It's not that confusing! I, honestly, LOVE this show. When you think you've nailed a mystery, they change the entire game! I mean, sure, polar bears on the island is crazy but that's the point! Nothing is what it seems on the island. I think the writers are geniuses for making this show. If you are not watching this, you need to. Confusing as it gets, for all the loyal Lostie fans, in the end, they'll get a treat.

Smoke monsters, temples, four toed statues! Jeez, I feel like I'm advertising something, but basicly I AM! I don't know why some people don't like it. They say it's too confusing but maybe it's just them 'cause time travel, two Lockes, and what the heck happened to Widmore, is just a Rubix cube! Slowly turning....
  • If you're a looking for a show out of the ordinary full of mind games, twist, romance, action and mysteries. Then Lost is the answer!

I must say that this show is the best thing ever happen in TV. This show is about survivors of a plane crash who landed on an island that is not an ordinary one. There they will find wild animals, romance, action, mysteries, and more important that they are not alone. With flashbacks and flashforwards of the story of each character you will also learn that somehow everyone in the island is connected to the other and that its not mere coincidence that they are all there... its Destiny!.

With amazing characters and amazing stories comes this amazing show that will leave you breathless wanting for more and more, I recomend this episode to anyone. Its different and puzzle-ish.!
    LOVE IT!
  • when will the Island stop moving?

I really wish the Island calculates a final "destination" and stops moving. I was thrilled at the time travel idea in the last season. But now, I am not so sure. I have no clue as to what to understand from these episodes. They are not even fillers. Its interesting but pointless and out of focus. This show was and is one of my favorites so far, and I sincerely hope it doesn't end up like Prison Break or Heroes. Lost has always had a way about telling the past. While they were stranded in the Island, we saw the flashbacks (intense and boring most of the times). But, I think using "time travel" to explain about the Dharma Initiative (I hope not) from the beginning of 20th century is the pinnacle of ridicule. I will wait to see how it goes.
  • Good program however slightly confusing and the plot has changed to the point of it being pretty much non existent.

its a good program however I cant help but wonder if the lost we are watching now, is the same lost that the writers planning in season 1. We on season 5 as do we really have any idea of what is going on? black smoke? polar bears? I cant help but wonder if the lost we are watching now is the same lost that the writers planned all the way back in season 1. Something has changed and its a really pain thinking that you actually understand it when really you dont. Thats my opinion anyway. Each to their own.
  • It's the best show ever!

You would have to live under a rock to not know what Lost is. It is the best show on TV. I must admit: I didn't watch it when it first came on (I was only eleven) but it took me seventeen days to watch seasons 1-3 on DVD. I don't know what it is that makes me addicted to Lost, but whatever it is, it makes Wednesday my favourite day of the week instead of Friday. (You know you're addicten when... :) Season five is great. I like Faraday the best. Sawyer is my second favourite character. I strongly recommend that whoever doesn't watch Lost, start. ASAP! You will not regret it!
  • Oceanic flight 815 crashes on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific. They survive there for just over three months before 6 of them leave the island and now they have to find their way back to the island or everyone left will die.

This show is a very thought out and well written show. The plot is great and the symbolism and meaning of everything they do is tremendous. Every character is there for a reason and what the people see on the island and what they encounter is all for a reason. As John Locke says, we crashed here for a reason, and we aren't meant to leave. John Locke predicted that something bad would happen if they left. When the show comes on every week it's an experience and we're almost never disappointed. They do a very good job about tying up loose ends and explaining things. Even though there are about ten thousand loose ends right now you know they're somehow going to wrap them up and tell us what happens in a very clever way.
  • Entertaining to say the least.

I think Lost is a good show. I have to say that it may be confusing at some points, but it is a good show. The writing is good, the acting is great, and the storylines are okay. I admit that they are quite far-fetched, but for the most part, it makes for great television. My favorite characters would have to be Locke and Jin. They seem like they have something to hide, but it is hard to discover what they are hiding. I think that all of the character have something to offer on the show. Overall, it is a good show. Thank you.
  • Perfect Show for those who like to be in the dark, till the very end. It is very unpredictable, with most parts being very very interesting.

Since the start of lost, i was amazed at how creative were the writers of this show, try making everything fit together so perfectly. Although the escape from the island was kind of long, 4 seasons, we are now experiencing something new, with the 5th season. I think the first 2 episode of 1st Season would tell you everything you need to know. During all of the episodes most of the main characters were involved in some sort of activity on the island, which was either dangerous or curious. It is also worth mentioning that all the people have something in common, other than the obvious. I would recommend this show to everybody, and have probably watched all episode many times now.
  • One of best shows of the 21st century.

So what started off as something great turned into something.... unbelievably mind blowing! I love LOST it is probably the best and orginal show on telly. It starts off with all these people who have some history behind them (seen in many flashbacks) and they end up stranded on this island as their plane crashes. As the plot unfolds we learn it is not just an island, it is mystical and full of surpirses. I won't go into too much detail as well it would take me months to write. All you need to know is this show just keeps getting better and keeps you gripped til the end and begging for more. The main reason being that well the end is not even an end, it just ends with so many unanswered questions but hey that is what I do and will always love about the show. Though I'm glad to say some questions are finally being answered in the 5th series, with new ones needing answered I might add. Overall LOST rules, I worship the awesomness that it is.
  • LOST

I love this show, one of the best shows ever. i hope it never ends, still it's to many or lots of questions in this show that you never get the answer to.
    I hope they give the answers in this and the other seasons.
    I saw on a webpage that Lost will end in 2010 i hope not, because its on of my favorit shows.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Greats from Croatia
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14