Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 12 of 88

• Urgently anticipating the next episode!

My name is Eric and I was glued to this series from the first episode. I admit that if you only watched the first episode or if you watch a random episode out of order by itself then you will be completely "LOST", and not know what is going on and nothing will make any sense. You really have to pay attention to enjoy the show. This show is probably easier to watch on a DVD box set or recorded on TV. You absolutely cannot miss an episode! I do not know why this show has taken such a long break between seasons. But, I am urgently anticipating season 5!!, starting January 21st.
  • No really who thought of this?!

I've been watching Lost , and by watching I mean I've been seeing the images of lost on my Tv screen and trying to process the information into my head. In the beginning it seemed to go one way, like they landed in Jurassic park, but then came the polar bear, oh the 1 minute of fame polar bear, and it kinda ruled out the idea of dinosaur era (but the french woman kinda brought it back). So i went for eden, and that too, was obviously wrong because who the f@ck in eden owns a 1912 design computer, not to talk about what it really was for, keeping energy magnetic crap stable, which really pissed me off because ben owns a f@cking submarine, but he couldn't up date the program to repress it self every 108 minutes, Oh and if we are already talking about ben, why would you have some one with all the power act so stupid on a deserted island, was he planing to crash a plane? is he really linked to al-kida? or two other answers: have the usual suspects character played by spacey, or god, way to keep a low profile! yet i still go with the usual suspects,even though it's cliche, because they can't make an ultra twist making him g-d, only morgan freeman can be that. Oh, and how f@cking corny was the Jacob idea, i mean seriously did they have him on just to tell us he is the father and brother of the":all related cast"? "That" would be pushing it! Man i'd write more but i'm laughing too hard... wait for part 2.

a little something to do till then...

Now you can do this at any place all you need is to be very bored or not have a girlfriend, pretty much a non social life, who ever owns a life would not be advised to do this. To all the cyber living community you can do this! We are of course talking about a real life!

Why was there a polar bear on the island?

A. He was on the plane B. He was the brains behind the "Con: idea that led to sawyer's mom's death

C. He was in charge of pressing the button before they replaced him D. He was one of the priests in the drug dealer group that crashed the island

E. None of the above make sense, just like the show

That pretty much sums up the idea.
  • plane, island, polar bear, smoke, rabbit, road runner, super man, and the incredible hulk, pohk (as random as the story :P)

when most people begin to watch lost they think its new and dosen't follow a style but after a while you find the reason it dosen't follow a style is because they just cut up words throw them on the table and take what ever it says as the new "STORY" (speech marks as sarcastic hand gestures).
    the story is absolutly random and has no substance, the characters have so many flaws and all there historys are so dirty like i killed someone and your my uncle, and my brother, and we had a child together, but no one cares.
    previously on lost: plane, island, polar bear, smoke, rabbit, road runner, super man, and the incredible hulk, pohk
  • Lost is an American serial drama television series. It follows the lives of plane crash survivors on a mysterious tropical island.

Lost is really an amazing show. It is simply fantastic. Every episode just leaves you hanging. This is definitely my favorite television series by far. I love the storyline and every character in it very much. Desmond and Sawyer are my two personal favorite characters :) If you have not started watching this show yet you can start here. Each season just gets better and better. You will grow to love this show very much. Trust me. http://ABC.GO.com Full Episode Player :)
    It has every episode of every season in High definition quality.

What are you waiting for!!! Start watching!!

Season 5 premiere begins on January 21, 2009 just for your information.
  • Best show ever!

There are so many great things about this show that I don't know where to start...;). I love all the characters. My fav character was Charlie and I was sad to see him die for the island. I love all the mystery that surround the different characters and the writers respect the viewers opinions on which characters to kill off. I HATED Anna Lucia and was glad to see her go. I just wish that they could have saved the other woman. I felt bad for Hurley that she was killed. I hope that the 5th season doesn't disappoint. Jan 21 can't come soon enough!
  • Lost is revolutionary in more ways than one. Simply amazing.

To say that Lost is the best television show to hit the airways in an uncountable amount of years is an understatement. I find it difficult to find praise words that are really worthy of Lost, but one that seems important is revolutionary. Lost does something that no other television show had ever done before and no other has really done well since: it combines the classic pleasures of regular television, like good story arcs and masterful writing, with a canonical mythology that begins to rival the great canons of literature (Lord of the Rings) and film (Star Wars, Star Trek). The fact that the creators of this show can weave a compelling story into an almost-infuriatingly complex canon amazes me. While Lost may not be the biggest ratings winner anymore, nor the biggest awards hauler, it will go down in television as a revolution in the television experience. And gosh darn, I just love that Sawyer.
  • I for one hope that by bringing Locke's body back to the island he will NOT magically jump out of the coffin and start playing backgammon again.

In part 2 of the pilot Claire mentions that she has not felt the baby (Aaron) move since yesterday (the day of the crash). Baby's normally kick and move and all that good stuff, but Aaron is either being lazy and sleeping for 24 straight hours or he died in the crash. Later on in that same episode Jin is making some fish and he wants other people to try it first to make sure its not poisonous. Hurley declines, but Jin is able to talk Claire into trying it. Not 2 seconds after she puts it in her mouth and swallows, she instantly feels Aaron start kicking. Could it be that the fish she ate which came from the island brought Aaron back to life?
  • my favorite show for sure :)

I've grown quite fond of this show ever since the first episode aired in my country. I can't wait for season 5 to start, the anticipation is killing me! What i like most about it are the twists and turns that happen so unexpectedly and are hardly ever predicable. Episodes like 'The Constant' show how the show can still keep fresh considering for how long its been running. I quite love the fact that its about real, every day people put in extraordinary situations, and having to cope with everything. The new perspective with the flash-forwards also shed a new light onto the show and really took most of us by surprise when we were all expecting another flash-back. Having said all of that i would have to make this my favorite show and give it both thumbs up!
  • This is my first review so bare with me

The season finale was the best yet. Seeing Kate and Syed working together was cool, set up Syed's future partnership with Ben nicely. It's finally confirmed that there is time trave in the lost universe. Keamy deserved to die but Ben was still wrong to sacrifice those people on the freiter. Some have said that Michael had to die to atone for his betrayel, but he will still be missed. Even if you believe that the island wouldn't let him die Christian did tell Michael that he could go. That whole scene on the freiter as it was about to explode was awesome. I've rewatched it many times, knowing the ending does not take away the excitement. I hate to say it but I think that Jinn and Claire are dead too. It was heartfelt to see Sawyer sacrifice his chance to leave to save them, he's coma a long way since the pilot. Ironically he now thinks they're all dead but hopefully there will be a reunion in season 5. What exactly did Miles mean when he said that Charlotte has been there before? Is she Annie? Miles told her just enough to keep her there and allow him to manipulate her later. He's an opportunistic weasel and I respect him for it. Why is Sun alling with Widmore. I can understand blaming Ben for what happenned to Jinn, but Widmore hired Keamy. Maybe she is planning revenge against both of them, Widmore certainly seemed suspicious of her. Desmond and Penny's reunion was cool, but I fear that if we see them again they'll be in danger, especially considering Ben's threat. Season 5 should be intresting.
  • Insane but brilliant, One of the finest examples of serialized story-telling.

Lost is a show that attempts to push the boundaries of storytelling - that is, the writers are never afraid to jump the shark. Most people would see that as a bad thing - but as the writers have said before, they want Lost to 'jump the shark' every single week, and I think that those who realize that, embrace it, and simply go along with it, are the ones who get the most enjoyment out of it as a series. Add to that the mystery, characters and over-arching plot, and Lost is a real treat for those who 'get it'.

What crazy, 'holy f*ck!' moment do the writers have planned next? And that's why I am hooked to this series.

Explaining Lost to somebody who does not watch the show is simply impossible. There is no nut-shell explanation, and that's why I love it. Sure, I can see why people's complain about the show. Especially those who don't watch it. There are tons of plot-threads, the story is extremely dense, and yes, I can see why some people would just see it as 'another desert island show'. But seriously, what other desert Island show would have the stranded survivors find rescue by having a character - who had previously been trapped in an underground hatch pushing a button to save the world - jump back in time 8 years in his life in order to tell an ex-girlfriend to keep her phone number for 8 years so he could then make contact with her 8 years in the future so that she could determine the location of the Island and then send a search party to go find them?

I rest my case.
  • Everything happens for a reason.

The concept is that passengers from a flight are stranded on an island. And island with a 'mysterious' inhabitant(s). My first thought was: how many backstories would I have to see before this show has run it's course? Answer: Reveal stuff slowly, let the stories of each person come to light, let the survivors' stories' intertwine, and see what they do with the information they already know about each other play out. Lost Season 1: 9.9 / 10
    Lost Season 2: 8.9 / 10
    Lost Season 3: 9.0 / 10
    Lost Season 4: 9.4 / 10

Five words left: Bring on season five!
  • in spanish!!!

El vuelo 815 de Oceanic Airlines se estrella en una remota isla en medio del océano Pacífico. Los 48 supervivientes pronto se dan cuenta de que están realmente perdidos a miles de kilómetros de su ruta prevista y que no serán rescatados. En su lucha diaria por la supervivencia, observan en aquel lugar se ocultan peligrosos secretos y extraños fenómenos, donde las más improbables coincidencias se suceden sin explicación. Miedo, odio, amistad y otros insintos básicos se combinan en un ambiente de pesadilla con situaciones extremas y explosivas, en un entorno cada vez misterioso: cada día que pasa es un nuevo reto de supervivencia
  • Show with promise that went to the crapper in mid season 2.

Lost was one of those shows where it had such a great first season i could not see how they could mess it up in season two. But oh boy did this show go into the toilet fast. Oh so very disappointing. The first season had logical mystery, suspense, tension and story telling teaching us about the people on the flight. It was shocking when it was revealed that Locke was once was a handicapped person. With the cliffhanger ending of season 1 i thought the second season would continue what i loved about the show, but nope. Through logic out the window with the black guy being killed by smoke monster and having the people from the tail of the plane survive and the list goes on for how the show become oh so crappy.
  • Why Lost ?

What can anyone say about this !? Fantastic , amazing and hugely frustrating and irritating at the same time . Action , romance and twists and turns all over the place, in fact you may want a lie down after you watch it. I want to stop but i cant because it has that special something that keeps you tuning in . I just wish it would a end little less painfull(if thats the right word) at the end of each episode but i guess thats why we keep watching .

now i'm off to hawaii for a spot of polar bear spotting :-)
  • 'Lost' starts with a plane crashing on a mysterious island. The survivors soon discover how strange and dangerous the island -- including a monster, a group of 'Others', and underground hatches -- can be. Drama and action follow for the survivors.

'Lost' had me at hello. The first season was truly gripping. The characters were complex, interesting, and interacted well with each other. The storyline was exciting and mysterious, riddled with thought provoking events and mysteries. The writing was EXCELLENT. The following seasons have, admittedly, seen a decrease in quality -- but that's all a matter of opinion. I still love this show, even if it's not quite perfect. Its flaws include a sudden transition from drama to science fiction, and sometimes the dialogue can be horrible. The characters tend to shine for an episode at a time, and then fade into the background shortly afterward. BUT! Don't let this criticism stop you from watching this show. It's incredibly gripping and intense. The acting, especially, is great. You may not like all the characters, but you can probably relate to them. 'Lost' truly transports you to the island, and viewers are left to sort out the riddles and drama of this great television story.
  • Survivors of a crashed flight struggle to survive on their mysterious island home.

Guaranteed to baffle anyone who misses an episode and intrigue loyal followers, Lost is in a class all by itself.
    The plot gets wilder each episode, and touches on everything from romance to action to science fiction. There's something for everyone. The actors and actresses are very well cast, and they all have excellent chemistry. The major drawback is the fact that the writers seem to have such little idea where the show is going that it becomes overly complicated and far fetched. Luckily, due to a projected end date, the writers should be able to tie it all together evetually. Overall, a lot of fun and a great mystery.
  • Lost...mediocre and overrated.

3.5
    I wonder if anyone besides myself has been reminded of the old "The Prisoner" series from the 60's starring Patrick McGoohan while watching "Lost". Lost seems to employ the same basic gestault of the Prisoner series but not as well. And with any work of fiction, especially with a science fiction or fantasy theme,in order for the viewer to continue to appreciate the storyline and continue to watch, a willing suspention of disbelief is necessary on the part of the viewer. I'm sorry, but with Lost...it just doesn't work for me as it did with the old prisoner series. Lost kis a study in mediocraty.
  • FANTASTIC!!!!

Unless you live under a rock, you've probably heard of the hit show LOST. You've seen the previews, read the 5-star reviews, and heard the conversations about it at the water-cooler. If you haven't started watching it yet, you might wonder if you should start watching. Well, let's put it this way.

If you like shows with action, you will like LOST.

If you like shows with complex characters and interactions, you will like LOST.

If you like shows with drama, mystery, and suspense, you will like LOST.

If you like shows with humor, you will like LOST.

If you like shows where you can watch an episode twice and view it in an entirely different way, you will like LOST.

If you like shows where each and every scene has a meaning... Get the picture?

Quite simply, if you have ever liked a TV show at all, you will be hooked.

LOST is a show about a plane crash on a mysterious island. 48 people survive, but the show centers around 14, all with secrets. At first, there is confusion. But as the show goes on, friendships develop, and we learn that there is more to the island than what it seems...

The characters are fantastic--don't pay any attention to those who say the cast is so diverse it is clichéd, those are probably the same people who would have criticized it if it was all white.

In short, watch. You will be hooked, unless you're one of those nitpicky people who have a hernia if every single detail in the very first episode isn't exactly correct. Otherwise, I must ask the question... Why aren't you watching?
  • Very interesting characters running around on an island and found out they're not the only people/survivors there. The Others are not appreciating their presence. The conflict between them goes on.

I was previously very skeptical about this show. Why are these so-called survivors are still running on the island for 4 seasons. I had no idea what the story was about before watching. Until I was in need to looking for a new show to watch because of the writers strike. The pilots were totally not what I'd been expecting but later on it makes perfect sense as the producers are using flashback and exploration to tell the story. Each episode there's a centric character, flashbacks and current events of that character would be shown back forth. So you really get a chance to know the entire Lost cast every bit on each season. I thought an Island has only trees and wildlife. Until I watched a few episode and found out that there's some sci-fi elements in it. The mysterious white bear on a tropical island and what's the monster/black smoke/whispering sound. Later they found their first 'hatch' Dharma station and acknowledged that there were people on the island. They're not alone. The filming location as I heard it's one of the island in Hawaii. There's that beautiful beach and green jungle with streams and waterfalls. If you have a HD system, you won't be disappointed by just seeing the woods. Lost has about a dozen of lead and supporting casts. Many of them made their names in this show. Sayid, Locke, kate and Sawyer are my favorite characters in the show. Their roles in the show make them stand out from the others. Jack is great too. But he looked tired in season 3 & 4. Not as consistent as the others. Sawyer is absolutely hilarious when he's with hurley. He called everybody with his choice of nicknames. There's even a nickname generator on the official web. :D Desmond came in the show later and he turned out to be a great addition to 'one of us'. He's a very serious actor. His line 'See you in another life brother' became one of the fans' favorites.

The plot of this show is smart. Not just because they can extent and stretch every bit with the flashblacks, but also the storytelling style which helps explain why the characters were on the plane prior to the crash. Many things traits back to what happened before.
  • One of the best acted, written, directed and visual shows on television. Simply stunning.

Where do I start with one of the most innovative television shows of this generation. Lost started on September 22nd 2004 and ever since it's been joining audiences alike all over the world with it's intricate plots, amazing actors and stunning visual effects. From the first moment Jack Shepard opened his eyes the world was united in one belief...this is one of the best television shows ever. A Lost review is not complete without mentioning the amazing acting that is going on. Matthew Fox's role as Jack Shepard gives a sense of tragicness and yet also hope to the islanders as he spends all his time desperately trying to get them rescue. Terry O Quinn compliments this performance as the mysterious John Locke who believes that the island is not just an island but something much more alive. Lost is very much an ensemble cast and includes great acting, especially Naveen Andrews in, "One of Them," Josh Holloway in, "The Brig" and Evangeline Lilly in, "What Kate Did." But it is definately the amazing visual effects that help make the show what it is. From a column of Black Smoke ripping up passengers were it finds them, to the ability to create any city in the world in the small state of Hawaii, Lost does not go about things the simple way and is all about wowing an audience in every single minute of the show. However before I end this review one thing that needs a shout out is the fans of the show. One thing I always look for in a television show is something that is not scared to enter into various forms of genre and Lost has not failed to deliver. Lost has told its story through television, books, video games, internet games and even online episodes which give an added depth to the show. Like a lot of TV shows thesedays (Heroes and Pushing Daisies included) the writers are never scared to try a new format and tell the story in interesting ways and this is one of the things that makes Lost one of the most unique and fantastic shows in the world.
  • Top of my list as the best episode of LOST so far!! This has got to go down as one of the top reasons i watch this show!! 5 stars :)

If someone tells you they got to the end of this episode and their mouth wasn't hanging open, they're lying!! Despite the ending the rest of this awesome season finale was brilliant! We had everything you could want from LOST, a main character (tear jerking) death, some others getting blown to pieces, more from the love triangle and Hurley kicking ass in his hippy van!! When LOST finally ends and the dust settles, this episode will most definently go down as one of the major revelations throughout the show, mayb only contested by john lockes futuristic death in the season 4 finale! this finale was very well written and directed (i believe by damon and carleton themselves??). I was a little confused (as im sure others were) during the episode as to what was happening in jacks flashes, and again like everyone else was trying to pinpoint which point in his past this was happening, i couldnt hav bin more wrong, all throughout the episode we were seeing little snippets of the shape of things to come on the show, such as charlies death affecting the group split in season 4, pennys presence becoming stronger as she gets closer to finding des, which we all no happens at the end of season 4, jack actualy stating he loves kate, the invicible benjamin lynus being 1 step behind for a change, and john lockes insanity! (lol just kidding), to sum up this episode was fantastic as they fit so much in that shaped things to come, it was a turning point in the show, and as far as im concerned when kate stepped outta that car, it brought LOST to an amazing new level! And we hope it can only get better! :)
  • Lost is amazing and shut up and watch it if you disagree.

Let me start by saying this is the best show on television at the moment. It's the only show that is consistently well-written, well-acted, and completely character and plot driven. Let me further the review by saying that though this is my favorite show (of all time). Most people who bash this show have not seen it. They base their opinions on the reviews of others who also probably have not seen it. Mostly, the complaints come from the show getting bad at the second season, but most Lost fans know that this is when the show started getting good! The show is going to be it's 5th season in January and is guaranteed to be the best season in television history until the 6th and final one in 2010. Lost is amazing and shut up and watch it if you disagree.
  • Can't wait for Lost to start again

Lost has been one of my favourite shows of the last few years. It never fails to surprise and shock me with its twists and turns. I just wish there was not such a long hiatus between seasons. And why can't there be more episodes like most of the other series?

Brilliant characters, scenery, plot twists and so on have helped make this one of TV's great masterpieces. I wish the quality of the current batch of dramas were as high as on Lost. I still miss Charlie but there are still plenty of great characters in this show.

I for one can't wait for the new season to start. Roll on January, I say.
  • LOVE LOST

Loved it when it first came out. It kind of floundered for me in the second season but it only got better from there. I had to go back on line and watch it from the beginning so that I could get into it again. (Thanks ABC for keeping full episodes online)If you hate it, you should do what I did so that you can get into it and relate to the characters because then you will change your tune. I only hoped that ABC would bring it back sooner than 2009. But, at least they are bringing it back. Make it great!
  • ignore the fools below me. this is one of the most clever and creative shows to ever grace television.

In my own opinion Lost is by far the best show on tv for many reasons. First of all, the show has great acting thanks in part to Matthew Fox, Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson and Evangaline Lilly. They give it there all week in and week out and its obvious in the episodes. Another reason is the unique way of telling the stories. Lost is the only show i know of that successfully pulls off flashbacks every single episode in which are far from pointless because it helps so much with getting to know the characters. This brings me to yet another beautiful thing about lost, the character development. It's unlike any other shows. We get to see the transformation of the characters before the island, on the island and even after the island. Which brings me to yet another beautiful thing about lost, its extremely well written. It has the most amazing season finale of any show ever in which is the season 3 finale in which turns out to be a flashforward. I mean, who thinks of this kind of stuff? The people that write Lost do! Lost is the best show on television and hasnt slowed up since the very first episode. Anyone who hasnt watched this show, give it a shot...i betcha will like it!
  • The best show on tv.

Lost is the best on tv. They crashed on an Island now they have to get off, Thats what I thought when this show first started, But no, Then there's a monster whitch turned out to be made of black smoke, Then there's the creepy people who have lived there for years, Who start kidnapping people for no apparent reason, Then there appears to be some sort of time delay. The suprises never stop coming. I wish that they would make more than just six seasons, But at least it will go when it's still awesome and not get streached out and dull.
  • Get Really Lost

When i saw the first episode the plan crashed and the survivors i said to myself "ALlright good start lets see how they manage to "survive" a hole season because think there's only survivors and an island its like "Castaway" with Tom Hanks but without him
    The first season was awsome with the discovery of the hatch at the very end let me thinking "Now what...?"
    Season Two awsome really new characters and really good Michael betrayal! (That's rude) and the Others taking prisioners
    Season Three like me much Why? I leaned a lot about The Others and the so-called Smoke Monster really nice
    Season 4 was awsome too what makes me watch it most How The Oceanic 6 where rescued?
    Now i saw Season 5 trailer 3 times already with my sister and really awsome i cant wait!!!
  • Love The Season Five Trailer Cant Wait To See It Wish It Was On sooner its been sooo long since last seen lost. finally gointo see them leave the island and find out what happened to the rest of the survivors then there going back how crazy is that?

lost is a show taht if you miss 1 episoe you will not get it you need to watch it from season 1 episode 1 which i have done now its time for season five episode 1 on the 1st january 2009 and it wont come quick enough as i have loved every episode i have ever watched and im really looking forward to season five and hope there is still more of lost to come after season five would hate it to end its a show that always keeps you hanging week after week annoying as it may be lol i still keep watching cause i love it so much and i would advise anyone who has not watched it to start from season 1 eisode 1 and you will surely be hooked like iwas lol. please watch and enjoy start now and ull be ready for season five in the new year.
  • There are no words to fully describe the impact of LOST. But I will try.

From the heart pounding pilot episode to the shocking revelations, LOST does one thing and it does it well. LOST delivers. Everyone looking for any kind of show is in for a treat. Romance, comedy, mystery, drama. All packed in to 42 minutes that will keep you on the very edge of your seat. I have watched this show from the very beginning. Every episode has "something" about it. Something special that means missing it would be your loss. Characters with so much depth and definition you feel like you know what they will do next. Then, from the middle of nowhere and like a bolt of lightning, something totally unexpected will shock and awe you.

Keep watching, America! I have a feeling this show will amaze us all.
  • Descent Show

When i irst hear about LOST i imagine Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away" done a TV show i said "Who it this possible?" I mean lets face it no one could imagine a tv show about people lost on an island but for my surprise the show is good the misteries and the whole thing of the island are excelent really good
    The flashback thing was expectable on the show i mean to get episode per episode full on 42 minutes but they are ok and the flashfowards awsome too
    This show deserves a chance really a nice Tv show about people lost on an island and the misteries not only of the island the misteries of everyone of them
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16