Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 13 of 88

• Awesome show that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

A random good show. It's hard to explain but it's funny and exciting at the same time. It's the kind of show to keep you on the edge of your seat the whole way through. Who's on their side? and who's going to turn on who?
    It's the kind of show that you cant wait till it's on. It has a general idea of a plane crashing. Survival is the main thing you need. But then there's other things that pop out. Pets, friends, relationships, and Trust...is all about the show. What will happen next on Lost? ? ? ?
  • The Joys of Being Lost An Episode-by-Episode Look Of the Island, the Survivors of Oceanic Flight 815, and the Wonderful Mysteries That We Unfolded

There are arguments made everyday about how today's viewer living in a golden age of television. In a world where shows like Big Brother, According to Jim, and Jerry Springer co-hosting a talent show, that can be hard to swallow. But as someone who has been watching for more than a decade, I can say with some confidence that among the trash there is a whole lot of treasure, particularly now that the world of basic and pay cable seem to have finally come into their own.

One can debate about what the best shows on television currently are, and the final verdict on what the best shows are were. But in my mind, since the beginning of the new century--- from 2001 on, for all you math phobes---- there have three programs that have not only been the most exceptional series on the air, but have redefined what the medium is capable of, and what it can do. The first is Fox's 24, Kiefer Sutherland's suspense thriller filmed in real time that proved that following one story for a single season was workable. The second was HBO's The Wire, a haunting social commentary on the fate of America disguised as a police procedural. The third is Lost, a series which has forced television critics and viewers to their dictionaries trying to figure out which genre it belongs to. Sci-fi? Action-adventure? Ensemble drama? Mystery? Mythology series? All of the above are correct, yet only tell part of the story.

Cult shows like this have been known to dominate certain audiences and critics alike--- Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer--- so that's nothing new. What is new, and practically unheard of, is how eager the media has been to play along with the mysteries. Publications like TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly have become so enraptured with Lost that they will have articles seemingly every week. During the 2005-2006 season, USA Today got so caught up that they, like millions of viewers, began videotaping episodes, freeze-framing them, and then revealing what they saw in each episode to the viewers. Books have been published about the symbolism of the island and the passengers, as well as detailing all of the stories, movies, and other influences on the series in order to help crack the code. And hanging over this is the fear that is tied to all mythology series---- when all the curtains have been pulled away, will the solution actually answer all of the questions the writers have created?

Subtracting the show from the hype can be extremely difficult. But the work of writers such as J.J. Abrams, David Fury, Damon Lindelof, et al, and the brilliant cast, which somehow manages to keep growing even though we were stuck on the island for the first three seasons, can not be denied. Furthermore, with the creators established an ending point for the series (Spring 2010, after approximately 116 episodes) the writers say that they now know how this series is going to end. (It may just be a coincidence that this is around the perfect number of episodes for syndications, but as we know, there are no coincidences on Lost. Diabolical laughter)

About these things I will speculate occasionally. For the most part, however, the purpose of these reviews will be to relate my initial impressions of my impressions-in as rational a tone as I can manage--- of the mysteries and discoveries of this show, as well as how I felt they played out to the world. It may not be satisfying, but as is the case with shows like these--- and Lost in particular--- it's all about the journey. So let's be begin at the beginning, with the blink of an eye.
  • I don't really know what to say about this show.Even if a season is not really good it's still my favourite show.Mystery, good acting, all at perfect mix

Well I like many shows not just this. But It's probably the only show that gets me stuck at my couch if you know what I mean.Well this and Prison Break but that is a completely different kind of show.I don't know but the story is one of the best ever. Yes maybe some people can't stand this that there are lot of mysteries and there aren't always answers but for me It's tottaly worth it. And if I have to wait till 2010 I will. And when I watch this I feel that I'm tottaly in the island an dthat I'm one of them
  • Used to be better!!

Lost used to be my favorite show on tv ,, before i couldn wait when the new episode are gonna come out .. but now i dont even watch it . . I dont even get those new episodes..But yeaa its still a good show if you like Drama or Science-Fiction shows .During the first two seasons, some characters were written out to make room for new characters with new stories. Boone Carlyle was the first major character to be written out, dying near the end of season one. Lost was also ranked number one in the "Best of 2005 TV Coverage: Critic Top Ten Lists"
  • Is Lost As Good As Everyone Makes It Out To Be? Or Is It Lost?

Overview: I had heard a lot about this series and I had to watch it because of how much of a success it was back when it first aired, so I begun to watch it back in 2005 (wow that feels like so long ago now) and I fell in love with the show and it started my obsession with TV shows.

The Cast: 9
    The original cast was amazing every character was likable and you cared for them they where portrayed by some of the best young actors on TV. The new additions to the cast in the second season where also awesome but since then we have seen a lot of characters come and go and now where left with the over used characters and the under used characters that no one cares about. Apart from the likes of Sawyer, Ben and Desmond.

The Story: 9
    Simple story but I like that now the show has went into another direction of late and it is really confusing and too much Sci-Fi and not enough Drama.We rarely see any character development and see too much fast paced action I mean that's decent but one of the main reasons I loved Lost in it's first couple of season is the character development.

The Writing: 10
    We see some of the best writing in the show finales and premieres are always amazing the dialogue is really nice we get a lot of clever humor.

Overall: 9.5
    I will always remember this show for those amazing early seasons and I will remember it for starting my addiction to Television. It's just a shame about the direction this show is slowly going to well and as of season four it's getting there even quicker.
  • Lost is one of the best shows on television and of all time. Possibly even the best. It's also, one of the best written, acted and produced shows on television.

Lost is one of the best shows on television and of all time. It's a really high quality, first-rate and intelligent program as well. A wildly unpredictable thrilling mystery series with twists and turns involving every episode, at any time. The characters are engaging and fully developed. Even the side characters. The plot is intentionally convoluted. This causes the viewer to think deeply about what has transpired and what may happen as the show goes on; eagerly anticipating the next episode, wanting to find out more. While watching episodes of Lost the viewer never knows what to expect or what's coming even if someone thinks they do. In conclusion Lost is one of the best written, acted and produced shows on television. Possibly even the best.
  • This show is amazing! It has you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

I have been watching this show for years and it has always been one of my favorites. Season four was the best seaseon they had by far. There were so many mysteries and so much suspense you could not wait tni the next week to see the new episode. The last episode of the fourth season almos left me with more questions then I had, but I still love the show. I can not wait until the new season of Lost to come out some time in November. I am so curious about how they are going to get back to the island and who's funeral Jack broke in to.
  • well, its amazing what you can do whit a show wich was just supose

well, its amazing what you can do whit a show wich was just supose to be a mini series. well i can admit that i have been thinking that why the hell dosent thay kill the show thay cant speculat on the island forever. But so far thay have done a realy great jobb, i have realy enoyed it, just hope season 5 is gone be as good as all the other once. and i am kind of happy thay are gone kill the show later on, after the season final. Beacuse i want this show to go off whit the pride that it disurve, and not lose all the viwers. I think the show whuld get a seresly hit, whan the folks is tierd of the island...
  • Amazed. Serieously. Survivors of a plane crash, and a freaking mystery island. What the heck is going on?

A tv show about the survivors of a plane crash? Shouldn't that be boring? Not when they crash on a island with a freaking polar beer, wild pigs, and a monster. And with beaitifull intresting people( A surgeon, a hot mysterious smoking guy, a ex soldier, a bald weirdo with 400 knives(who is very smart) an ex prisoner, a pregnant girl... A lot of exciting stories in Lost season one about their lives and makes you wonder.. what the heck is going on?

I just started watching Lost( beginning September 2008). After 5 episodes I decided to buy it on dvd. I never regret it. I actually got my whole family hooked to Lost. We start with a men in the jungle, wearing a suit( A really clean suit). He opens his eyes and suddenly there is a dog( A lab) . Where does the dog come from? Our men stands up, runs trough the jungle to the beach( Beautifull sea and nice camera work) He goes the the left and suddenly we hear noises. We see a piece of the airplane, screaming people. Our hero runs to a men, calls for help and saves a men( but the guy lost his leg). There is a highly pregnant woman, who is screaming, she is having early contractions. A fat dude with curly hair( He is funny) helps them. Jack( The doctor) helps a black woman( And we have a hot guy who says he is a lifeguard). First we have panic, then people starts to form groups. Jack goes to the jungle, he is injured. A woman comes out and helps him( Kate). Jack decides to go in the jungle to find the cockpit. Kate wants to go with him and they are joined by a men( We likes to sing and is funny) And they find the cockpit. We see bodies(Yuk). They open the door and a body falls out. They try to find the transiver, and suddenly the pilot wakes up( That scared me a lot, didn't expect that) He clims out the plane and suddenly he is gone! ( And a splash of blood lands on the plane, I was schocked. I'm scared really quickly). Charlie, Jack and Kate run for their lives... For good acting and camera work. In the end they find the pilot( Dead with a lot of blood)
    Exciting opening what keeps you hanging for more. Nice actors( Obviously the plane crashed with a lot of beautifull people in it) But hey, that doesn't matter. I like the action, but also the drama. A lot of charachters, but in the next episodes you'll get to know them better. A story about the survivors, their lifes, and what is that things that ate the pilot, and is there a monster?( But I think we probably never find out
  • great show the best show on tv

will they or wont they get of the island they probaly will because the shows gonna finish at some point i think it would be good if they didnt get of the island because everyones exspecting for them to find a awy off
    a great tv show season 3 seem to take a long time for something good happen season 2 was great because we found out who ben was and there was a lot of action season 1 was good as well worth watching i have all the boxsets and i watch them other and other again if you dont watch it your missing out
  • Plance Crash Survivors land on a seemingly deserted island, mystery, suspense, terror all ensue... Enjoy.

This is the best show i've ever watched on television. It is not an easy show to follow, but it is a an amazing show. I can't paraphrase all of its elements into a review, so all i can say is just watch it in ORDER... It won the emmy for Best Drama in 04' and was shutout in seasons 2 & 3, not for lack in quality but due to the episode selection. This show has redefined how television is made, it's impact on television will be felt for many years... Some episodes at time will feel like filler episodes but in later seasons you realize why that episode was needed.. Best Show On Tv hands down and one of the best ever made.
  • The best season finale.

I think season four was the best season of Lost so far, I hope that next season will be better. From the season finale of third season to this moment, there was a question about who was in the coffin. I would not be suprised to see if that had been Ben but I had no clue that it was John Locke. Also a very important development happened and the island moved, dissappeared and once again Lost did a good job with great suprises and its story. I am looking forward to the next season as everyone has to go back to the island, I wonder how Ben and Jack will persuade people, especially Kate.
  • For me it is one of the most suspensful edge of the seat and one of the best shows on TV

Lost is about 47 passengers who crash on a mysterious island unaware of were they are and what kind of island that they are on. The show has many main characters and we often see flashbacks about their lives before the crash. But they arent alone on the island a mysterious group of people whom they call the others live there as well but the passengers believe them to be hostile but as the series progresses they seem to become more and more aquainted with each other. Mysteries and secrets arise from these people. This is one of my favorite shows ever, if you like edge of the seat adventure, suspence, some action then this is a great show.
  • Can anyone believe this crazy show.

I'll admit it I am absolutely hooked on this show. The cast. The writing, the execution. It wouldn't be a bad day job to work in Hawaii on a major hit show. I just hope they wrap it up right. I'm a bit scared of how they will end it. The characters seem to be getting knocked off left and right but the plot is always thickening. The third season fell off a bit but I fell its back on track. Love this show. Evangeline Lilly is a vision, I can't believe she just came out the wood work. Matthew Fox is hotness.
  • Put us out of our misery please!

In the 80s we wanted to know who shot JR and in the 90s the question on everyone's lips was who killed Laura Palmer. Now the tv watching world waits with baited breath to find out ... why are they all on the island??

I must admit, I was sceptical when previews of the first series called Lost the world's greatest ever tv mystery. But four series on I am convinced that this is not only the greatest tv mystery, but the best tv show ever. It combines drama, adventure, science fiction and philosophy, and tells the story through a combination of real time events, flashbacks and flashforwards, without ever losing the viewer's interest. Pure genius.
  • The best tv show ever!

I love this show, it is so amazing. I love the fact that u get to learn about the characters backgrounds using flashbacks. Each character has a completly different stroies to why they were on the flight. I find it quite interesting how they are all conected to each other and some of them have seen each other in the past before the flight. I did find it quite sad and sometimes emotional when one of the characters dies in an episode. The saddist death i found was Charlie as he did not die by accident, he choose to die to save the rest of the crew. That was the most shocking death to me, even though i knew he was going to die sometime. My favourite characters are: Sawyer, Kate, Charlie, Desmond, Hurley, Mr Eko, Locke, Boone, Shannon, Claire, Sun, Jin, Jack, Sayid and Alex.
  • dkkdnc

A good show that isjfvjfd jvnjfv n f f f f f f f f f f ff ffff ff f ff f ff f ff ffff ff f f f fff ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f ff ff f fff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f
  • I think it`s fair to call this show a mind blower.

Lost is innovative, the kind of show that just catch our attention. The show has mange to keep all the viewers interested for 4 seasons now and even if at several moments some people thought Lost has past its prime it just bounce back. The latest season, the 4th one is a simply genius. I understand some may find it complicated but i find this complexity genius. Of course there is that critic "too many questions", there is only one thing I can say about it, it is the beauty of lost. I think Lost is longer a show for everyone but those who still watch it, gotta love it.
  • i reserve judgment

thats right season 1-3 were mega sweet with loads of mysteries- twists- and deathes now season 4 had some good episodes but wasn't to great. but the season finale blew my tiny little brain into over drive. now i cant wait for it to come back in january and reveal some more secrets. i hope that some of the dead characters will come back like Charlie and Eko- that would be mega! anyway the flashbacks and forwards are sweet to they really fill you in on the characters and their stories. i dont think many people that dont watch this program- but if you dont then switch on baby!
  • well i dont know about summary..its a amazing show . i would watch it all over again. its a bummmer that some of the characters had to die. jack and kate are my favorite next to sawyer and hugo.claire and her boyfriend was really cute. they r all good!

thanks to my husband , i absolutely LOVED this show. it was awesome and hot. there are suprises and jusr oh my god it was a amazing show. if there is another season, they need the same cast or at least the last six. i would recommend this show to anyone and everyone. my husband started watching the show before me and we watche dit online then i got caught up in wathcing all the epissodes i finished one night a month ago and he is till watching the last few episodes. I TOTALLY without a doubt would have everyone i know watch this show...by the way jack is hot..my hubby looks like him when he doesnt not shave..he mostly gets that he look slike patrick dempsey but i see jack in him too.
  • Entertaining and fun to watch, but full of twists and mysteries (Which is both good and bad!)

I preferred the early seasons of Lost, mostly because while I do appreciate a good mystery - I feel like Lost has so many loose ends it needs to tie up, I don't even know where it would start. The show started off very original, and made me want to watch more, it fell apart somewhere in the middle for me, but with this last season, it's starting to get back to what made me like it in the first place.

I do think all the characters are great (in their own very different ways!), with my favourites being Hurley (bringing a much needed laugh throughout the show), Jin (just awesome!) and Sayid (who kicks arse!). I like the flash backs and forwards, I do think they add something to the show... although it can be very frustrating when you want to know what happened to a certain character and the next episode is just flashbacks for a completely different person!

I think I would have been better off waiting to watch this after it finishes airing because I could easily sit and watch all of this show (episode after episode) - it becomes compulsive viewing - and I'm sticking with it because I need to know how it ends. That's not to say some storylines haven't disappointed me, because they have (won't mention any spoilers) - but there are some amazing twists in there too.... and I expect there will be many more good and bad twists yet to come. Worth watching - but it'll be very frustrating to people who like to know exactly what's going on!
  • One of the best shows around...

With every Season that we see the show gets more complicated and more interesting.

Every Character has got their own story and we can see it is very interesting to learn more about these people.

Every Season hold a very important part of Lost and the story is always getting better.

Season 4 is very interesting cause instead f going back when we flash back we are seeing flash forwards... It gives us a clue to who survives and what their life is like after they manage to leave the island.

We have seen a lot of deaths in this Show and some of my favourite Characters died as well but the show just gets better...

It's a show which is really worth watching.
  • This show keeps me fully engrossed even as I worry that its biggest mysteries will never really be resolved.

Three seasons ago I turned on and tuned in to Lost, curious to see exactly what this new show was all about. Three seasons later, I still have no clue. Even more amazingly, I have loved the show the entire time anyway. That is an absolute testament to everyone who puts the series together. Each episode is entertaining and can seemingly stand on its own. It's hard to remember a time when any television series with an ensemble cast has spent so much time focusing on and developing every single character. Each story in poignant in its own way, some filled with regrets, others humor, but all showing the intricate details of the lives of people who all made mistakes along the way.

When not delving into the personal exploits of its cast (and sometimes even while doing that) Lost is generally causing me headaches in trying to keep up with its story lines. I'm not complaining, to be sure, but the writers are well known for resolving one mystery with a new one. To that end, the series itself, when I consider all the episodes from its first three seasons, leaves me with an impending sense of dread as to how it will be concluded. It's comparable to a Stephen King book. You plow your way through thousands of pages, engaged and curious as to where the story is going, only to have it simply end. Not every mystery is solved, or if the mystery is solved, it's done in a way that feels quick and unsatisfying when compared to the build up. Mystery and suspense involve trust, in my opinion. An audience trusts a writer or any other form of story teller to have a resolution in the end. When I think about Lost and some of its specific plot points, like the numbers being entered into the computer or certain characters being related to one another, I can't help but feel this is just to wrap the audience up further and is not really part of some master plan. I don't go confidently forward believing that a resolution is forthcoming. That having been said, if Lost can somehow tie everything that has happened neatly together to form a cohesive conclusion I will consider these writers to be the most incredible to ever put together a television show. I just don't see that happening.

Ultimately though, to me the true test of a movie or television series is whether I'm wrapped up with the story unfolding in front of me, or just forcing myself to sit through it. When I start unintentionally keeping track of how long I've been watching or how much time is left, that's never a good sign. With Lost, I'm sucked in immediately. If I check the time, it's only to see how much longer I get to watch and then complain that the show isn't long enough. I can't turn away, and whether or not I'm satisfied by the time it's all over, I'll be glued to my seat until then, watching intently.
  • Everything!!

Lost is definitly my favorite TV show for several reasons. One of the top things is that it has everything you could want in a television show. You want comedy? CHECK!! Watch episodes with Charlie nad Hurley. You want gun fire? Check!! Watch episodes with Jack and Sawyer. You want horror? CHECK!! You want religon? CHCEK!! Watch Eko. You want miracles? CHECK!! Watch out for Locke.You want romance? CHECK!! Sawyer/Kate, Jack/Kate, Hurley/Libby, Sun/Jin watch all of them. Want drama? CHECK!! Watch all of the freaking episodes. Want to watch people struggle with pain? Family matters? Addictions? Relationships? Hallucinations? Even Suicide? CHECK,CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, and, you guessed it, CHECK!!Want a great show? CHECK!!!! Watch LOST!!!
  • Plane crashes on an island with survivors. As the survivors just wait to be rescued, they have no idea their lives are about to change forever.

By the time the series finale of Lost airs, it will go down as the greatest series in TV history. JJ Abrahams, Carlton Cue and Damon Lindelof are TV genuis. When I first Lost I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought how long can a show like this possible go for? Then I watched the Pilot, saw the flash backs and I was hooked. As the show progressed the story picked up and you couldn't stop watching. As the seasons progressed everything picked up. Every season finale was a TV history event. The Season 3 finale might have been the best on TV, leaving Lost fans with their Jaws on the floor, revealing they had indeed gotten off the island, also revealing it was a flash forward and not a flash back. All the different characters and all the different backgrounds make Lost different than any show on TV. Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Claire, Sayid, Sun, Jin, Charlie, Hurley, Ben, Juliet, The others, Ana Lucia, Libby, Rose, Bernard, Rosueeo, Alex, Daniel Faraday, Lapidus, Lockes Dad Micheal, Mr. Eko, Walt, Boone, Shannon, Desmond, Penny, Christian, Mr. Whitmore, The Dharma folks, Richard, JACOB! Just everything. So many characters and story lines, you never get bored with Lost. It definetly gets a 10 out of 10 for being a groundbreaking show. That is the greatest show of all time. I am sure the Series Finale will be a 3 hour event, that leaves Lost fans begging for more.
  • The best show ever!

Lost is one of the best shows out there. Period. Every season it gets better. Every episode it gets better. Every episode is very interesting, exicting, and suspensful. Along with the great characters, and great plot lines, there is no bad things to write about this show. Sure, sometimes it might be confusing but all you after to do is think about it. And most likely, when the show goes on, they will tell you what it means.

You will get really into this show, with all of the drama, action, adventure, and love triangles. You will fall in love with the characters. Best show ever!!!!!!!!
  • There are 48 survivors from Oceanic Flight 815. That crash on a mysterios island.The main characters like: Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Charlie, Hurley, Sayid, Locke, Micheal, Sun, Jin all have flashbacks before the plane crash.

I Love this show! I wish that I was one of the cast members on Lost. A couple of my friends watch this show and love it too! My favorite characters are: Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Hurley ( funny guy :P), Juliet, Sayid, Desmond, My favorite episode is Eggtown SPOILER!!! Because we find out that Kate has Aaron in the future.END OF SPOILER!!!!!! My favorite Season is Season 3 because there is a lot of action and romance.

I hope that Jack and Kate became a couple & Sawyer and Claire became a couple also!

I really enjoy watching Lost and the mysteries!
  • I love this show! The plot lines and mysteries make the show complete and it is easily a personal all-time favorite show of mine!

I don't think I could explain enough how much I love this show but I will try to say it as easily as possible.

Every Season gets increasingly interesting and after every episode, you see yourself painting a whole new picture on what is happening on the show.

There are so many clues hidden inside the show that a favorite hobby of mine is picking out all of the little clues and getting everything that I possibly can out of every single episode!

My favorite characters are Claire & Sawyer!

I have lots of others but I am only counting the ones that are still in the show!

This show is great and if you think that you would be interested in it, watch the DVD's, get caught up and start watching the show on TV because you will be blown away! You should get LOST in the world of LOST because there is no better place to be!
  • What brang the show down, about tempo and structure, and what to look for in the show... (Orchid Station)

IMHO, One annoying thing that brings the show down is the hype telling that the producers don't know how to continue the show, and the flop of the break in season 3. Even if the show is constantly developing, don't bring it to the press, please. If the producers ain't have the confidence in the show, please sent Pennie's ship the the miserable island and collect Jack-Moses, Wacko-Johno (troubled psych John locke), and Cobra-Ben, Desmond the magnetized Prophet and the poor rest normal people. Seasons 1 & 2 should be seen as one whole, with a good pilot (1x01, 1x02) and builds up to the "humming purple sky episode" (2x24 , John blows our very fist station !!) .

I think it's justified that season 3 took tempo back and builds another "Story tower" and season 4 is very wellcomed !!! Most of the time I thought the show was contraversial but now I nkow how to enjoy it. LOST has everything but constant pase/rythem, it has manipulation, it has suspence, it has wierd science, it has group dymanics, interpersonal relations, little romance, lots of conning, personal redemption, and most siple everyday conflicts. We all live on an Island, don't we ??? Bottom line, I stopped cursing LOST and fell in love with...Pennie. Sorry, Des ....
  • The most thrilling, dramatic, show on Earth.

What is there to say about Lost? The plot, the scenery, the stories, and ofcourse the thrill is just so magicly put together. In my opinion, I belive that Lost has the best writers and some of the best actors/actress. I hope it doesn't run out of material and I hope it airs for a long while. But I heard that Lost will be ending 2009-2010, not too many episodes remain. Let's cherish these final episodes. New season begins early 2009, so get ready. I put Lost on the top of my heavy list of my favorite tv shows. Wouldn't you?