Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 2 of 88

• Terrible ending

Some of the characters were quite likeable, and most of the series had me looking forward to the next episode. I began to get a little exasperated by the plot twists and the fact that there were always more questions being created than answered. The ending does pretty much tie it all up, but in a very unsatisfying manner. Overall I'd say I wasted a lot of time watching this series.
  • Don't sleep on Lost.. It's a complete show

One of the best shows I've ever seen.. I definitely recomend checking it out in entirety. It's awesome watching the characters grow and change from start to finish.. I am sure ill be upset when I'm done watching it. I'm on season5 right now. In the first couple seasons I was a little bit annoyed with all of the character flash backs but the writers did a pretty good job of tying everything together. There are questions that arose in the 1st season that have still not been answered but I keep watching hoping the next episode will explain it.. Definitely a lot to take in, I think I could re watch the entire series to tie up the loose ends. 9.5 so far.. Definitely
  • THis is imeracle

L dont have a coment for this showe amez....
  • Incredible Character and Setting Driven Show

The first season of this show is really, in essence what the entire show is about - or should be about. The first season is the best because it delves deep into the characters' psyches and intelligently develops not only character-to-character relationships but character-to-island (or setting) relationships. I feel like as the show progressed it became more about power struggles and less about the philosophical and mystical aspects of the characters and the island. It's a gradual decline, I think, from season to season, as the show begins to rely more and more on twists and action, rather than the subtle mystery and intrigue of the first season. Still, Lost is one of the greatest and most fascinating shows I've ever seen.
  • The BEST EVER!!!

I loved watching every bit of it. The great story, best screen play and the best cast & the crew.
  • Still one of my all time favourites

Lost is easily one of the most memorable tv shows of all time, TV classics. Its highly creative plot and engaging characters makes it one of (in my opinion) best shows of all time.

The first 2 seasons of lost are iconic, tv gold, however that was because that was all the producers were expecting to do with the show, however as the fan base grew, so did their desire for more seasons, season 3 was also highly successful in my eyes. It was only around season 5/6 where the lack of plot became evident as things were becoming more confusing and less explained, however, for me lost was always about the characters not the story.

however this show is still a tv must watch, highly recommend it!
  • Whata show

was a gret cast and a great storyline love love love it but the ending was a little to expected could have uesed a little more the eps before it were creative and the ending let it down a little

but I still loved the show very good
  • Spectacular

Yes, it had its minor flaws, but Lost won in every way possible - the setting of the show, the plot twists, everything about it made it wonderful. The best part of the show for me was its characters. Each character had a great story that was developed masterfully - the conflicts, the relationships, everything about the characters made this show worth watching. I cried multiple times throughout the series. It's one I'll never forget. Juliet, Sun, and Jin were my favorites.
  • Ratings for S1-3, 5-7

S1: 5/10

S2: 0/10

S3: 0/10

S5: 0/10

S6: 0/10

S7: 0/10
  • The best ever.

It's the best series i ever seen, You must see to believe. It have all you want: Drama, Sci-fi, Aventure, Thriller and more. I'm wonder how and from were come the ideea because who wrote this screenplay is touch by some magic. And the cast for this series it was pick very good, all the actors are very talented people who played in many others series or movies. So my advise for all the people who wants to see something different and really excitind, Don't lose any of these episodes and if you dont't like it, change the channel. It's very simple!
    Bye! and be LOST in this aventure.
  • GREATEST SHOW EVER

Why are you looking at this review, go watch the show and you'll see why i gave LOST a 10 out of 10
  • A tear in my eye...

Im not going to lie, i really liked lost, to the point where after i watched the last episode a state of emotion i have never had came over me. I left my houe, began walking to work and said to myself, "its over" and i felt myself filling up inside. On looking back (this was a few years ago now) i can see why i enjoyed it so much. I dont know of another show that was so entertaining, whilst in the same instance took a full season for you to learn about the characters in the show. The seasons that followed were so enjoyable, different twists and unpredictable at times gave me many a debate at work. I do feel that along with many other shows though, season 4 was slightly let down due to the writers strike and that the story thereafter was slightly rushed. But the 2 seasons after that kept me thinking whilst ejoying the show. I would happily trade in all my other shows i own on DVD/Blu Ray to get and watch the full length of Lost again
  • A Favourite

Though I never made it to the end of Lost, (I need to watch the final few episodes of Season 6) it has become a favourite which only took me about a month to get through. It would be an agonsing wait for a new episode to be released each week as I couldn't wait to see it, and I was never disappointed. Lost has s many tense and exciting plots and storylines in it as well as the secrets of each character. Sawyer and Miles are definitely my favourite characters, they never failed to make me laugh in each episode.
  • A lot of wasted time...

3.5
    I loved season 1. It was interesting and it felt realistic. I loved Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Sayid, Locke, Sun, Jin and Kate. The second season was worse, the third was horrible. The fourth and fifth I could barely watch. I've just started the sixth and it is abysmal. Jack, my favorite character, is suddenly a daredevilish rude idiot. What the writers don't understand is that an occasional turning point in the story, a dramatic scene, shocks viewers and makes them interested. But to have a turning point EVERY episode just makes it boring and difficult to understand. If I understood the plot, I could speculate, guess what would happen next. The actors are great, but the things they say are often stupid and cheesy. In season one, they often focused on SURVIVAL, but as the seasons went on, I noticed that they simply HAVE water and food. Never starve, never get dehydrated, never need sleep or shelter. They're on an island for goodness sake!

(WARNING: Don't read the next part if you haven't made it past season 5.)

I think the thing that ruined it for me was when they returned home. The story wasn't interesting anymore. There was nothing to look forward to, the island didn't seem mysterious anymore. Then after they returned back to the island... Where did the other passengers go? It's like they just disappeared. And then all this time travel, it was too confusing, but mostly stupid.
  • brilliant ...

yuh i wished it didnt end that way lol
  • best show ever..

will stay in ppl minds for generations,, don think any show will come near it for another decade..
  • Watch "Lost" again.

You will kind of "get it" this time.
  • FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome.......absolutely awesome....from the beginning right till the end....i dont think anttv show can ever top this series....like mant ppl have said it was a love hate but for every person on the show...in the end...it was all worth it...i would love to see some other intriguing show like this again...to the writers...u have a great imagination n keep using it!
  • LOST.

LOST Ahhh what a mess

Live Together, Die Alone
  • the best tv show i saw

the best tv show i saw ever
  • Lost for words?

I've been watching Lost since episode one, I've been hooked since then. Lost had everything I hoped for in a TV show, dynamic cast, mysterious location, plenty of character development, and questions I couldn't wait to find out.

That being said, it developed into a love-hate relationship at times.

Love Most of the show, John Locke, Dharma, Ben, and Sawyer.

Hate Kate

So many good things to say, practically grew up on Lost, will never forget it.

Still my favorite show, I've seen every episode at least four times. (Once on air, then download in iTunes, then right before the next new episode, and a fourth because I missed it after it ended)

The show ended poorly*, probably because of poor planning. So many loose ends were left for the viewer to figure out. The type of loose ends that need addressing, seeing as they are almost impossible to decode. Feel like all of this mystery that hooked me, dragged me around, and made me fight to reel it in turned out to be a catch and release. I don't think anyone could have ended Lost in a fashion where I would be happy, all I've got to say is, "Thanks for the Journey, it meant a lot to me."

*The ending was still better than some of the ones I was expecting, probably an 8.5, but nothing over a 9.

Show could have been a perfect 10. It was up until the ending, just too many threads left untied.
  • This show is for smart people.

This show is for clever and smart viewers. This is the thinking man's tv show. From the first episode to the last one its all fantastic. Very addictive. And it makes you think. It respects the viewer's intelegence. That ia why its the best show ever made.
  • i absoloutly love this t.v show...

i absoloutly love this t.v show its soooooo interesting...my fav actor/actress from lost is...all of them they all play there roles very well...i think evrey season it gets more interesting and thats the more you want to watch it...i absloutly love watching it and i like it coming on once a week because then you know that you wont miss any of the episodes...and i like it when they be telling all there storys before the plane crash thats what makes it even more interestinger...then you want to watch it even more and more and thats why evrey season it gets more interestinger!!!
  • Historical

I think that people has no patience while watching this show... People are always like 'Oh but I don't understand ANYTHING that happens on that show' and I always say: 'KEEP WATCHING! Don't stop watching it'.

This is an excelent show that made history and that it's going to be remembered forever. The only thing I have to say against the show is that it ends with many unresolved misteries... But it's still a great show :)
  • "Lost"

I've just finished season 1 (watched in 10 days) and I must say that this is probably the most creative piece of television ever since the times of Twin Peaks (early 90's). All the characters have something about them, something deep, dark and yet lovable. Another thing I love about 'Lost' are flashbacks in every episode. That's what probably makes the show so good. We know these people and we've seen their behavior on the island but we've never seen them in their lives. What are their motives? This really is an amazing show - the writing, acting, directing, entire story telling is just unique. Bravo!

Update: The later seasons (currently on the 5th one) are not that entertaining but I intend to watch it all the way through the series finale.
  • Warning. This show is Not suitable for idiots

This show, in my mind is one of the best written shows ever. It has the perfect balance of mystery, character development and often humour. It's compelling, intelligent and very well executed. Season 1 was brilliant, 2 was somewhat of a letdown but still very very good, 3 had a slow start but it was converted to an excellent season near the end with a superb finale. 4 and 5 where also amazing and 6 may be one of the most polarised pieces of television. But in my honest opinion the ending was very satisfying. This series will make you use your brain like no other. If I had one problem with this series is that the character of Kate is a little bit overused.
  • Kate debate

The point of changing Kate is that on Earth she is a psychopath and can not change into a good person. In Purgatory God has her evolve. She of course has to use her free will to get there...

Overall the show moves in directions that are kind of pointless and convoluted but for the show to remain that good despite it all is pretty amazing.
  • Lost is more than just a TV series

I first started watching Lost with somewhat moderate expectations, I heard it was a good show but never got around to seeing it due to not having a means to watch all the seasons in order and never really was concerned too much. Our English teacher showed us the first two episodes near the end of my Senior year of high school, and I remember thinking how good the show seemed, but just never got around to seeing it. Fast forward 2 years later, during Winter break of my Sophomore year in college. Its new years day and my parents are looking for a new show to watch so they ask me if there are any good TV series, I remembered LOST and told them LOST is supposed to be pretty good. We have netflix on my PS3 so I fired the first episodes up and was instantly drawn in. LOST is show that is so great, it is up there with classics like I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, and Seinfeld. From the first episode, it draws you to the characters. You are constantly wondering who these people are, why they were headed on this plane from Australia to California, what there life was like before the crash, and what secrets they hold. Every episode has brilliant flashbacks, that explain the characters back stories, which is a very strong point of the show. You grow to either love the character or hate them, and slowly begin to understand why they act the way they do on the island, why Jack always wants to be in charge and solve everything, why Sawyer is so dismissive of the other plane crash survivors, why Locke is so curious about the islands mysteries, why Jin is always criticizing his wife Sun, and why Shannon is so snobby and ignorant. The actors all do an incredible job, and really get into their roles. You really would think Jack is a doctor in real life, Hurley is a fat, sarcastic, funny guy, Jin and Sun are native Koreans, and Charlie is a small name musician in a one hit wonder band. Every actor in this show deserves an emmy for their hard work they put forth in every episode and bringing their character to life. The cast of LOST is the best I've seen in a TV series since Seinfeld probably.

Besides the character development, the show makes good use of the plot development. As the show starts, mysteries about the island and its secrets start to come up. You'll probably have 100 questions by the end of the first few episodes. As the seasons progress, some of the mysteries start to unravel, and when you think you finally have everything figured out, more mysteries and questions come out of the left field. Something you would never be able to predict. This is what makes LOST one of the most creative shows. There is constantly mystery and secrets surrounding the show, and when the show starts revealing the answers, they bring more mysteries to the table. Whats so special about the island?, who are the others? What's their purpose? What can the survivors do to escape the island? Will it work? These constant questions are what keep LOST interesting and add to the shows greatness. Even when the show ends, there will be questions that you are required to figure out on your own.

The effects and scenery used in LOST are incredible. You really would think the characters have been stranded on an island. The beach and jungle they used to film lost in is just beautiful. The clothes the characters wear, the messiness of their hair, the dirt on their skin, the fires on the beach, the tattered tents are what bring LOST to life. LOST goes the extra mile to make their show a little more believable and realistic. You can actually imagine what the characters are going through and the conditions they are stuck in. The guys behind the visuals and props, as well as costumes did an incredible job and really brought the show to life.

So my final comments are, I would definitely place LOST on the top 5 shows to watch of all time. Its a very happy show, that has a lighthearted nature to it, but also manages to be serious at the same time. The actors are some of the best I've seen and the characters all have their own interesting and unique stories and personalities. The first 3 seasons are unforgettable, and the last 3 are also pretty good. My only complaint is the last season is a little hard to get into and feels a little redundant, but the show does have a lot of twists that keep it interesting from season to season. Its one of the few shows I was actually upset when it ended, since I really miss the characters and plot. If I ever get married and my wife's never seen LOST, rewatching the series is going to be one of the first things I do with her and if I ever have kids, as soon as they reach high school age, I am rewatching it with them.
  • Best show ever.

No further comment needed. If you loved it, you'll agree. If not, go watch it again with someone that can explain to you what you didn't understood... And then you'll agree with me.

If you still didn't feel a thing for it your name must be Dexter.
  • BEST STORY TOLD BY A MAN! PERIOD

This show is not even a show. It's a philosophy, it's a way of life. It revolutionized my way of seeing life. This is the best story ever told indoubdetly. It had it all: love, hate , grief, drama, crime, philosophy, science,science fiction, physics, life and death.

This is a much watch before dying
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10