Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 3 of 88

• Lost!

It has been the best show I have ever seen! Sorry it had to end, wish they could come back with more!
  • EPIC!!

As a tv series I haven't found one that can match Lost. The story, characters, scenery, location, friendships, romance, love triangles, survival. This series had it all, it made you feel like you were there walking among them trying to get off the island. I'm so grateful they made this Tv series I can't put into words how much I enjoy watching and falling in love with all the characters in Lost. Each character was important so if one dies you felt it too just like you were there. This is a truly amazing show, and I don't think I would ever find a series like this. I will remember this show for the rest of my life, and most of all the true feelings I felt while being there on that island with them :).
  • Lost, i'm lost , what's happening ?

Even though I don't really get the show , it is a great one.
    Season One , SLAM , Season Two .... hmmmm , what's going on , Season Three .... oh yeah .... another Island ! Well, to be hones I really like this show even though it's getting a wee bit long , but ok , they have to tell the story of every character . But tell me this : How is the huge dude not getting any thinner ? There is no food on this island , his stash is gone and .... there is no food on this island . Where do all those new people come from ? In every episode some new people arrive out of the blue , in the camp of the survivors ? I don't get all of it , but it's somehow still a great show.
  • Good stories,bad writing.

I rented the first season on DVD and started watching... first disc, second disc, third disc...till the end, always waiting for something to wow me, but nothing has. Everything that happened was so predictable that I could see it miles away (the one with the girl losing her memory...please! I actually knew this would happen but thought to myself no writers in the 21st century would actually do that nowadays...). The writing is mediocre at best (I can't believe David Fury from Buffy & Angel fame actually wrote a few episodes), the acting is okay, and the characters are mildly likable. But that's it. It's not brilliant, it's not amazing, it’s not "zOMG WTF" show at all. It's average in all departments.
    The plot is too slow pacing. I don't mind all the unanswered questions, the more the merrier, but at least give us the feeling that something is happening, don’t give us an episode with 90% flashbacks and only 10% of actual stuff that we care about and actually WANT to know.
    The 2nd season is a bit better.finally there's some progress in the story and an actual mystery,but if anything,the second season is proof that the hype had built the show,and not the other way around.

update: Season three seems to be better than the first 2, since the writers seem to know where they're going. unfortunately, a lot of "mysteries" from the previous season (the whole tribe thing "the others" had) seems the become obsolete now. Overall, i think they should stick to making episodes with just one plot and not ones with A and B plots that pretty much suck all the time. overall, it is clear that the storyline is affected by outside interference (like actors that are forced to leave the show for some reason or another, and thus ruining any plot that involved them). They should just decide now when it will end and not drag it on and on until the audience won't care anymore.
  • Very captivating plot-enforced show filled with exciting cliff hangers

The show, from basically the first episode, has suspense building and building about what are the strange things going on on this island. The survivors of a plane crash find themselves stranded on an island, but mysterious bunkers and people called the others are just some of the mystery that surrounds the plot. I loved the cast and plot, making me watch more and more. But I must admit, I felt as the plot was a cheap suspense builder, and the ending didnt even answer many of my major questions. This suspense led me to believe that it would answer the questions at the end; a solution. Even though I didnt get all my questions answered and the constant cliff hangers were getting very repeatative as the end of the show came closer, I must say that the plot is golden (never experianced a island with mystery before) and the show provides heapsof thrilling moments, from start to finish. I have watched this since it started airing and each time I finished a season I was so excited for the conclusion of the cliff hanger. The end is more of a "happily ever after" end to the show and that satisfied me very well. I love sad endings that just capture my love for the show. Love the show and definetly worth watching.
  • after the AMAZING ending.. LOST proves to the world that it is the best show ever made.

after the AMAZING ending..
    LOST proves to the world that it is the best show ever made.

lost is a global phenomenan that captivated people from all over the world . if you go to a village in the middle of nowhere they will know lost .

lost is the most beloved tv series of our time .
    lost is the most watched show on the planet .

everyone who has been watched lost in the past 6 years should consider himself very very lucky ,

cause a show like lost only happens once in a lifetime , and i dont there will never be a show like lost, NEVER .
  • LOST is the only show in television history that keeps getting better and better. and has the most amazing ending ever. LOST redifines television.

LOST will forever be in hearts .

its the only show that doesnt get worse , it keeps getting better and better .

if you ask me which is my favorite season i'd say :
    my favorite is the final season then 5 , 4 , 3 , 2 , 1 .

i am not kidding .

its does not have a single bad episode NOT a single one .

lost changed the face of television ,

lost has it all , mystrey , action , drama , comedy , romance .

every good thing is in this show .

sooo ... why are you not watching ? go and watch this master piece
  • Great show just disappointed it ended. The show had so much more potential, there was limitless directions for the show to keep going with the story, and it wouldn't have matter where it ended. All we can hope for is a Lost II. That's right no one is...

Great show, but did it really end?

The show had so much potential, and there was limitless directions for the show to keep going with the story, and it wouldn't have mattered.

What? a Lost II. That's right no one is...

• Enough loose ends were tied up in this episode to feel like it has really been a worthwhile and enjoyable ride which has come to a structured and logical conclusion. A wonderful end to a fantastic series - one which we will be lost without.

I could never have asked for a better finale to a program that has been an institution from the pilot onwards. While some will probably mumble and groan about unanswered questions, these all seem somewhat trivial when compared to the overarching themes and story lines that were skillfully brought together in what must have been quite a difficult task for writers. I couldnt be more satisfied with the closing and feel indebted to the fantastic writers, cast, music composers and producers of the show who have given me a sense of wonder, fear,joy and surprise over the last 6 years - things that that I thought were beyond commercial television.
  • Survivors of an unsurvivable plane crash on a mysterious tropical island with polar bears, smoke monsters and burried science labs. Are you as sceptical of this concept as I was? Find out what I think after watching it on DVD.

How I came to it

When my mother watched Lost in it's original run I thought of it as some Robinson Crusoe rip-off with a dinosaur or something like that on the island (because of the moving trees) that only got hyped because of the popularity of that "survivor" reality show crap.
    When I recently had some sparetime on my hands and looked for something to watch I came across Lost again but I still held myself back. The show had ended it's run by then and given all the voices on the internet stating that so much was left unresolved I refrained from watching it as I hate shows that have been chopped off.

But when a friend borrowed me the Season 1 DVDs and told me that it was good I finally started watching and it turns out I was wrong. Very wrong...

What it is about

A group of people survives an airplane crash on a remote island. While they get to know each other and their hope of being rescued fast diminishes they find out that they are not just on any island.

Over time they find polar bears, a monster made out of black smoke, remains of 20 year old underground research stations, a whole group of other people acting very hostile to them and ultimately find out that the whole island is there to keep evil itself in check.

I know this sounds crazy but over the course of 6 seasons a very detailed playing field of pure good (aka Jacob) vs pure evil (aka Man in Black) is revealed with lots of people in all shades of gray being thrown in and it all makes perfect sense within the mystical rules of the island the series establishes over time.

The characters

Usually TV characters gain depth over time when you get to know them. This also applies for Lost but through Flashbacks (and later Flash-Forwards and Flash-Sideways) you get to know the characters much more in-depth and you can understand their motivations, even when there are deep conflicts between two persons you will be able to understand them both.

You will meet a man who has hunted a con man responsible for the death of his parents all his life just be turn into that man himself. You will see a korean woman who tried to escape from her husband who has apparently turned into a mafia killer just to see him redeem himself and the two become a couple again so madly in love that they will die for each other.

Or how about a woman who spent the last years on the run from the police because she made a mistake in trying to save her mother from an alcoholic.

How about a guy using a strange set of numbers that originated on the island to win the lottery and have nothing but very bad luck after that up to an freaky asteroid destroying his newly bought restaurant?

Or maybe you would be more interested in a guy who nearly got killed by his own father, entered the airplane in a wheel chair and got out of the wreck on his own feet.

Lost makes it really, really hard NOT to care about these people. The show will make you feel with them, hope for them or make you appalled when they do something really, really bad - but for what they see as the right or only way to go and which you will probably even understand.

Nitpicking

Some people might have dismissed Lost over seeing small scenes when it was on TV as being stupid. Seeing the wreckage of the plane and all those survivors I couldn't resist thinking "no way anyone could come out of this alive, let alone 40 people".
    A short time later they get attacked by polar bears - on a tropical island? That's stupid, right?
    Well, it turns out the characters think the very same way.

There are many things in the beginning of the show that seem silly at first but make perfect sense within the mythology of the show when you continue watching.
    Of course there are those little things that remain silly because they probably are mistakes. For example: You cannot reverse a passenger airplane out of the jungle in order to turn it around and take-off on the landing strip you came down on because airplanes simply don't have a reverse. There's a reason they are being pushed away from airport terminals by those strange little cars...

But stuff like that will probably not even be noticed by most people, just like a modern watch in Gladiator or the occasional microphone hanging into the picture in any given TV show.

Suspense

The first season reveals very little about the island and a lot of time is spent on getting to know the characters so Season 1 still is a bit slow but it gears up a lot towards the end. The remainder of the 6 seasons had a tendency to be weak after a season start but suspense will always grow and 2-3 episodes into a season you will have a hard time not watching episodes back to back.

Most of the time Lost goes really strong with revealing just enough to make you really interested and makes you want to see how it goes on. I often sat down to watch 1 episode and ended up watching 4 or 5 back-to-back.

An unresolved finale?

I've hinted before that there's a lot of talk on the internet about too much being left unresolved. That is not the case.

Lost finishes it's story lines quite niceley und more conclusive then most shows. Of course there are still mysteries unresolved and questions unanswered. There are NO scientific explanations of the mysterious properties of the island. All the explanations are mystical and as such they answer the questions.

There are some questions left open but they are minor and even most of those are answered in a 12 minute epilogue you will find on the DVDs (like why there where polar bears on the island). ALL important questions and storylines are being resolved in a satisfactory way before the end - a very emotional end that sees some people being rescued, others fullfilling their destinies but also leaves everyone at peace - even the dead.

So is it for you?

Lost is not a show for the casual viewer. With the ever advancing storyline missing a couple of episodes will probably become a huge WTF-experience for you. But if you stay with it you will be rewarded with a very smart show that is most definitely one of the best series ever, packed with mystery, suspense and lots of characters you will really understand and in most cases also care for.

I have no doubt that if you have even the slightest interest in mystery-, fantasy or scifi-themed stuff - you will just love Lost.

My only problem now is something to find worth watching after this experience. It was a great ride!

• Still does not have a clue on where they are going. That is great.

Sorry but there is a big problem on this script !

When they are at sea and the flash come, the boat time travel with the characters but... it is not from the same continuum ! I was expected to see them swimming after the flash !

Pay attention writers ! An old fan of sci-fi and lost was realy surprised by this kind of miss-scripting !

Anyway, after four episodes of this season, I allways expecting for the next one and hoping that JJ Abrams will not drop the show as he did for Alias at the end !

And now... From a french man... Sorry again for my english !
  • What an amazing show it was for a long while.

This show was incredible, had everything. The pilot was the best i have seen, after Flashforward, which in my opinion was better. It went on and on, and we were promised the writers had a plan, everything they said was written out, and in several interviews we were told that different theories was not at all part of Lost. ie time travel, being dead etc. Hell they even claimed everything would be answed at the end, that we all would understand it. I told my self at the end of season 5, that now they have to start answering questions, but they continued to bring up more questions in the last season too. And ofcourse we got one of the worst endings possible. Show dropped from a 10 rating for me to a 7 because of it.
  • One of the best shows ever if not the best.

Lost is a show that has everything Drama, Action, Scifi, Family, Mystery. This show is one of the most confusing and most entertaining shows ever i remember when it started airing i didnt think it would last past 2 seasons not because of the ratings or because it wasnt that good at first but because i thought what can they do on an island for more than 2 seasons but the show proved me wrong and brought much to the table and it didnt disappoint me in any episode it aired and it got better and better and never stopped with the mystery's, i also remember waiting every week for a new episode of Lost and that i was going crazy over the summer with many questions in my mind what will happen next i cant wait for the next season to begin and so on, so for anyone who hasnt watched the show yet watch it because it is so good that you cant stop watching until you finish it all and because you guys are lucky now you have all the episodes on DVD so no need to wait for another episode to air. It has been two years and still i miss this show so much.

• An amazing journey

On the surface, Lost is a show about a group of people trying to survive on an island after a plane crash. However, after just one episode viewers will see this is no ordinary show. The unique thing about Lost is that the island itself is a character. Viewers quickly learn that this is not a normal island and immediately are hooked into finding out the main question of the show, which is, as Charlie's character asks in season 1, "Where are we?"

The manner in which this question is asked sends a chill down the spine. It is a small example of the simplistic but also complex themes that can be found in Lost. The show is also deeply character based. Each week a little light is shed on a certain character's past. The audience discovers that everyone on the island has a very troubled past, and in turn explains why the characters act the way they do. This creates a deep connection between the characters and the viewers which makes watching an emotional experience. Each episode will give the viewer a couple answers to questions he or she may have been asking, but not without asking even more. This style of episode creation is one of many things that makes Lost one of the most addicting shows in television history. However, there are also flaws in the way the writers try to hook viewers. As I previously stated, each episode raises new questions, which add up as the seasons continue. It would be nearly impossible to answer every question that was brought up, but still a disappointment when viewers find that some major mysteries of the show were never explained.

Some critics of Lost say that the ending did not live up to the rest of the show, and in ways that is true, but not necessarily a bad thing. The show was so great it would be hard to outdo the rest of it in the finale alone. Lost is a show that can make you laugh, cry, and scream all in one episode; it captivates audiences in ways I have not seen before. The thing that made Lost great was not the story, but the way it was told, and because of that, it will live on as a timeless classic many people's minds.

• I've seen greater shows

But they were made by the master of cinema himself called David Lynch and nothing will ever be comparable to his works so I'm not even gonna try that..

So one can say Lost isn't so bad after all. No not at all! Actually I really enjoyed the first 5 seasons where you could only guess what is really going on. Now last season is running and I am willing to participate my thoughts.

And they are as simple as the following:

Maybe the (on the go) writers should have left us in the dark instead of cutting lost puzzle pieces out of carton =)

And please never ever let Allison Janney act again. It hurts peoples feelings to see her mimics and hear her bad latin with american accent (LOL) in a once so great show...
  • This was the worst ending ever written for a semi-decent TV series.

This was the worst ending ever written for a semi-decent TV series. I saw the recap show prior to the final episode. The writers were patting each other on the back. The final few seasons were horrible, from a viewing and writing perspective. Too many loose strings that were knotted up. The story was convoluted. They needed to stick to the Island story. We do not need to know how they hooked up after the flight landed. We needed to know what happened to the characters and the island. There were no discernable answers given regarding the first few seasons.
  • In our "Creative Writing 101" class in college we were taught that worthwhile fiction must not leave the reader feeling cheated.

Sherlock Holmes cannot solve the most diabolical crime in his career...and then spring the heretofore unknown clue in his explanation. The writer must give the reader (or in the case of TV, the viewer) all the clues necessary to arrive, hopefully, at the same conclusion as the protagonist in the concluding pages of the story. A writer who cannot accomplish this goal is simply wasting the time of his audience. Our beloved writers of the "Lost" series; while spinning a exceptionally compelling tale for six years, I'm afraid, would receive a failing grade in their concluding chapter. To expect the viewer of this "Lost" series to accept a 'faith-based' heavenly miracle scenario as the conclusion to the complex storyline which has so widely been promoted to provide closure is reminiscent of the plots of "I Dream of Jeanie" or "Bewitched"! It is an insult to even the moderately intelligent viewer. The ending was little different from the twitch of a nose or the blink of a genie. It must be noted that the writers of this series most certainly started out strong and have shown a solid 'middle game' strategy...but their 'end game' following the consistent 'promise of closure' leaves the viewer wishing two things. Firstly, that the stirring plots of the above comedies were still in vogue and secondly that the writers of "Lost" had all taken an additional year's course in creative writing. It would not be surprising to learn that any future series done by the same team as "Lost" will receive much less credibility.
  • Purgatory or no Purgatory? That is the question...

I wrote a review right after the show aired and gave it a 4. I thought the ending was lame, but hey - they were all in purgatory, so no explanation was necessary as everything that happened was just people's perceptions of this transitioning stage to another dimension or something like that. Reading the reviews here, it looks like the events in the show actually happened with survivors of the crash. If this is the case, we do need some answers. But hello - how could Juliet have survived in one piece if the bomb exploded under her nose? How could Jack and Kate have killed MIB if the body of Locke was in another place, i.e. - MIB in a Locke's body was an illusion... Anyways, I am changing my score to 1 as if purgatory is not the answer, it is much worse that I thought... and the show needed more specific answers to cover for that events that actually happened.

SUGGESTION TO ABC - if there are no contractual obligations with the current writers, do an alternate version of season 6 - Normal IQ Fan's Edition - based on theories from some great sites that explain Lost mysteries based on mythology. Some of these theories are plausible and could give closure to many mysteries such as The numbers, Jacob, smoke monster, time travel and so forth. ABC could form a team with these folks - probably a younger team than the one that gave us yesterday's finale, with much more energy and brain power to connect all the dots in the main story of the show.
  • Gilligan's Island meets the worst Sci-Fi writing ever. Don't be fooled by the excellency of the first season, the quality of the writing in this show sinks faster than the Titanic.

I watched the first season of LOST around the time that the third season was on the air. I was impressed to say the least. I watched the pilot episode once, didn't care for it, watched it again, thought okay, I guess this could be interesting...and then from then on I found myself closely following the events that unfolded on the show. The first season was very interesting and very well done, the second season wasn't as good. It added a few elements in the plot and a few more main characters that I just didn't think were necessary and made the overall story a bigger stretch of the imagination.

By the third, it got even worse. The show was seeming completely ridiculous to me, a great twist is great...but a dozen random pointless twists are just that. Pointless...and the show didn't seem to want to explain much of anything...4th, 5th, 6th season...they all just got worse with no apparent desire to explain much of anything at all.

A lot of people like this show, it's obvious, it's popular. Honestly I don't know how anyone can say many positive things about it as a whole...it just is NOT good. Sorry.
  • The end is the beggining of the end

The end is the beggining of the end. That is what I think about what was "Lost" after all of its six seasons. When I first watched at 2004, I've got really impressed about how realistic it was being, reporting the drama about the plane's accident and how people's life were changed, showing the "afters" and "befores". Also, it had such beautifull scenes of the jungle, the sea, and so on. Not to mention the cast, that was excelent and totally fundamental to the development of the story. Every episode used to end leaving some disturbing questions. It was the first time people were seeing the concept of "flashbacks" and that was gripping!

The meantime during the development of the series's next seasons was painfull to wait, because the fans were so curious about what was going to happen in the island. While I was waiting for the next seasons premiere , I used to have discussions with friends about predictions of next episode's events. So, when the debut day comes, the last mysteries were solved and new mysteries were being made. The main story was been filled with far-fetched events, some new characters were being introduced and some others were dying. At this point, it was easy to discover those who were playing the role of key characters. Sometimes, episodes were fast-moving and scary, sometimes they were really moving, but the main story itself was so far to make sense. It was just an island full of secrets and supernatural events, where who is in there wants to get out, and vice versa.

Then, as "Lost" were getting closer to the end, all those past events, doubts and supernatural events were being solved. And if you can remember of the initial chapters, the whole plot starts to make sense. They all were dead since the first moment, and were given a chance for redemption, accepting their faults and facing their fears. Also, it left some spiritual concepts about living and, specially, the reason to be true and honest with itself. Everyone has a second chance, no matter where you are. The most clear example of this concept was in a scene where Desmond, one of the key characters, said to Jack in his first appearance: "See you in another life, brotha".
  • This is the best show ever. Anyone who says this is crap, honestly, must not understand. I would like to say I fully understand lost but alas, I cannot, and that's a GOOD thing :)

This show really makes you think about things, life, death, religion, and everything. I can't stand it when people criticize the show just because of the ending. The first time i saw the ending I was disappointed, then when I watched it over, I realized that it was perfect. You could take it anyway you want to. People who hate the ending, are people that don't understand the purpose of Lost, lost is a show that's meant to make you think, not send you in a straight line, so as Christian Shepard said, We are not leaving, we are moving on. And lost will always be with me.
  • BEST SHOW OF ALL TIME!!

the story was thrilling and the dialogue was well written, The Director's were geniuses when it came to continuity. I can't belive it's over. this is one of those shows that you have to watch it from the beginning to end, you can't start on season 3 :) (yes I tried to do that) this show deserves 10 stars!
  • If your not watching it you should be!!

Once in a life time, a show comes along that just stands out above the rest and you know there'll neva be another lyk it. For me that is Lost. I was hooked from the first time i saw it in the exhillerating pilot and have been kept in suspence ever sinse. With characters you can relate to and story plots you can get lost in, this show is an instant classic and will be enjoyed by generations long after in ends. if your not watching it you shud be. JJ Abrams is a genius and i thank him for the joy he has brought to so many viewers!! 8D
  • One of the best shows to ever air on television!

The best show ever! Lost is definitely missed by millions of people. It is by far the best drama that ever aired on tv. The show was full of twists and turns that shocked almost all of its viewers. All of the characters had such personality and star-quality. Emotions were all over the place whenever I watched this show. When someone died, I cried. When someone laughed, I laughed. When someone smiled, I smiled. It was a rollercoaster ride though all six seasons.

• SPOILER FREE LOST The End Review

When a series like Lost comes to an end, you really have no idea what the show's writers will throw at you. Everyone had their theories about what the ending will be like. Lost has a history of always finding a way to exceed viewers' expectations and the finale is no different. Does the Ending the writers gave this award winning series live up to the incredibly interesting, entertaining journey that us the viewers, have been on? Some viewers say yes, while others say no. Here is my opinion, Keep It Moving's full review. Before watching The End, I heard a lot of gossip about the ending. It seemed like there were no in between opinions on it. Everyone either hated it or they loved it. So I procrastinated a little on watching it. I was actually worried that my favorite TV show's inevitable ending would be disappointing, rather then rewarding. I faced the finale at 4am this morning. I am happy to say that my scaled opinion tips right to the absolutely loved it side. Yes, I loved it. The only upsetting thing about the series finale is the fact that my favorite show is over. Especially since the show had so much potential. Yes they decided to end it. I really don't see any other way that they could have ended the show this season. I think an alternate season would be the best thing ever. You know, just an entirely new sixth season. I can wish cant I. While I can say the ending was great, I wasn't entirely happy with this season. Maybe that's why people are giving this show such negative reviews. You really had to have watched this show from at least the second season to actually get a feel for these characters and to really catch the drift of just exactly what is happening. If you watched this show from season one you most definitely should get the picture and understand everything. Even if you started watching Lost this season, you may still just be confused during the finale. I didn't see the 2 hour special that aired before it, so they quite possibly could have done a huge recap of the entire series. If that's what the special was and you in fact watched it, then you might not be too confused. Even then you still wont know all the little nooks and crannies that make this show so good. Lost is all about the characters. The character development in Lost has to be the most captivating I've ever experienced on screen. The characters are what made the show take off. You think, there were Flashbacks in the show forever. The flashbacks were probably the smartest thing the creators put in. The only problem with them were, once you do all the characters a couple times, it will probably get repetitive and dull. So they threw some more characters in. Then came the flash forward where they basically foreshadowed some plot details by revealing the characters in the future. Now new to Season 6, flash sideways, which take place in an alternate reality where the plane never crashed and the island is underwater. While it was an interesting twist, I really don't think it was the greatest idea. What a way to confuse new viewers. Anyway, they did it the way they did it and it was really good. So for the finale they basically tie up each characters story in the alternate reality. They also wrapped up the story on the island, you know, the main story. I think any fan will be pleased with this ending. The more I think about the entire series as a whole, the more clever I think it is how it all went down. After you watch it check out my COMMENTS and SPOILERS on "LOST: The Series and The End."

• This show is just PERFECTION.

It started late in the UK so I had heard all the hype about wat an amzing show it was. I tuned into the pilot and it was amazing i was in ough and imetiadtly hooked. I continued and the show just got more mysterious and amazing. Matthew Fox,Evangilline Lily,Terry O'Quin and Emile De Raven where my fave actors who all gave good performances. When i followed the show into season 2 i enjoyed the new characters and got my fave couple!! Sayid and Shannon love them only to be dissapointed when they kill of Maggie Grace :(. Season 2 was really well thought out we got lots of secrets reveled! In season 3 the show didnt live up to my expectations! Yeah it was good but lost is great not good!! It was the same with DH n 24 that season all lost their touches. I missed Michael n anna n shannon and some random people like Paulo and Nikki just did not do. Ben and Juliette were good aditions though! Now in season 4 the show has really proven itself to be good again!! It just had a bad season i guess. This year has good mystery's and there bringing back Michael YAY!!!!! Also Mader is sooooo good i luv er even though i wish Kristen Bell had taken the role but i still love Elle! I hope this quality continues for the show throughout the shows run. Thank god the writers strike is resolved so i can get me lost fix hopefully the break does not mean they have lost there mojo!! I'm also happy about the move to sky one. Cause if they didnt get lost i think the Futurama, simpsons and Buffy re-runs where getting old! I really hope the show does not get cancelled before it has the next 2 seasons cause I WANT CLOSURE!!
  • To make the long story short you've got a hole bunch of people stranded on an island. There's Oceanic 815 survivors; The others; The tailies from the Oceanic plane; The Dharma Initiative; The other others; Is there any I missed, probably.

After Oceanic Air Flight 815 tears apart in mid-air and crashes on a Pacific island on September 22nd 2004, its survivors...flashback...flashforward...flashsideways?..Smoke monster...another plane...The tallies...Dharma...holy Sh*t...Kate...Sawyer...Jack...The others...Ben...?...
    and six seasons later it's become one of the best shows ever for the following reasons: I love Jacob and the mysterious man in black. Sawyers sexy. Each week we get a new cliffhanger that we will desperately try and figure out before the next episode airs. With every episode you get a tiny piece of the puzzle.
  • A show I'll remember forever. A true classic.

I can still remember how excited I was to hear about the show before it premiered. It mixed all the things I love in TV and books: sci-fi, mystery, action, adventure, drama. It was well planned and well executed with a great cast. I simply could not wait for Lost day, and the hiatuses between seasons were sheer agony. This show made me cry, and I never cry. I introduced this show to anyone and everyone I knew. We would spend vast amounts of time discussing, ranting, arguing and speculating about it. I bought corny Lost merchandise and read Lost related books. I have never been so heavily invested in a TV show. It's the one show I'm sure I'll pop in and watch 20 years from now.
  • Watching lost was the best decision i ever made

I wish i had seen lost when it was still on tv. i never actually saw it when it was on tv and now i wish more than anything that i had, because lost has become my favorite tv show of all time and probably always will be. Before i actually watched it i just thought that it was some show about people trying to stay alive on an island, and i thought that i wouldn't like it. Until my friend who is huge lost fan, said to me, how do you know you hate the show you've never actually watched it, you might enjoy it. So i watched the very first episode, then i watched the next episode and the next and within the weekend i finished the first season. I think it kind of became and addiction, every week i'd watch a couple of episodes.

I think that the story line and the concept behind lost is so well constructed, which is what made lost so great. In each episode you learn something new about a character, or you get to see pieces of their past. which is what made people feel like they really knew the characters and understood who they were as people. One part of lost that i loved, was the fact that the writers perfectly intertwined so many different genres into one tv show. They combined sci fi, drama, action and adventure and made them into one great tv show.

i think what makes so many lost fans forget that lost is just a tv show, is because like i'm sure many other fans did, i got emotionally attached to the characters and the story line, which is what made it all feel so real. I remember when charlie died and i was crying my brother said to me, you do know that charlie isn't a real person right, the actor didn't die. and i had to laugh because that was just in the 3rd season and i realized how much i had come to love the show. Lost will always be the show that had me on the edge of my seat, trying to anticipate what will happen next, and i'm really glad i listen to my friend and decided to watch that first episode.
  • One of the greatest shows of all time.

Weather you hated or loved the finale, there is no argument that Lost is one of the greatest and most influential shows of the past decade. It turned the simple idea of a plane crash onto a deserted island, into one of the greatest mysteries in television history. A mystery that even now, more than one year after it's ended, we still don't have all the answers to. But the greatest part about Lost was not the mystery it was the heart. From Charlie's death, to the ending of The Constant, to The End. This show juiced more tears out of viewers than Old Yeller. And it's one thing that many of the new Lost-wannabe shows are missing (The Event, Flashforward). The mystery, the confusion is all there, but viewers want more than that. If you haven't seen Lost I recommend you watch it, but make sure you start from the beginning. Don't be one of those people who saw one episode halfway through season 4 and complained that "It doesn't make sense, this show is stupid". I used to be one of those people, now it's one of my favorite shows.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10