Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 5 of 88

• "Lost" has completely, well, LOST my interest.

When "LOST" began, it had more buzz than I had heard for a show in a while. I started watching out of curiosity and became immediately addicted. The characters were intriguing, the setting was cool, and the whole show was innovative and entertaining. Was. It seems, for me at least, that this show has been slowly going down hill. Maybe it was the fact that American Idol aired at the same time, but I just didn't feel a need to watch it. I wasn't craving the next episode. It LOST my interest. I don't know if I'll pick back up for the second season. I might try, but I won't count on it.
  • Kinda weird but cool in away I don't know how tho.

the show has its upsides and its downsides its kind of hard to know whats happening with all of the different stories going on at the same time so it gets confusing and crazy but the first reason i started to watch it was because I saw Dominic Monagan(spelling?) was in it. he was in the LOTR one of the hobbits. so I wanted to check that out and to my surprise he was a drugie! Wow thats nice. but then I got in to it and I watch it as offten as I can every wed. And each time I get more and more confused I guess its a good way to keep some one hooked.
  • Plane crashes on mysterious Island where many passengers survive and undergo implausible but exciting happenings. Left you wondering why these occurences are happening hoping for explanation.But becoming confusing and no end or explanation in sight.

2.5
    At first, good show but now writers making it up as show continues since the producers discovered it unexpectedly popular.Irrevelant characters introduced making it confusing and then you become lost. No real explanations for happenings "Jumped the shark" when characters wanted to return to Island. That's when I lost interest and stopped watching.
    If the show had concluded with all questions answered at end of second series, it would have been a good show, but now some of the characters want to back to the island after all the trauma they sustained in getting off it, it's lost its credibility and my interest. No longer bother watching it.
  • deepressing

ok first after i watch this show i got so depressed because its violent i know many people who love this show but its full of weapons no comedy what so ever i dont like any shows with weapons its just full of fighting and everyones to serious i mean enjoy your life watch some comedy also its always raining [ expression ] so i would never watch this show and thats also why i rated it 3 . 0 k now if you watch this show at least watch something non deprresing after like ,scrubs or something thatll crack u up
  • The first episodes were cool, now its getting lame.

6.6
    I totally loved Cast Away,(Tom Hanks movie). At first glance you would think of this. Before you continue reading I would like to say that I'm gonna spoil somethings, the first episodes were totally rad, but then creatures and lame supernatural stuff got in. I dont know but I dont like sci-fi shows, here we got a mix between Cast Away and Jurassic Park lol.

The cast is great, not many familiar faces but its good.
    The plot can get reaaally boring.

To sum up, its a great show, but its not my thing. So if you're gazing thru the channels and there's nothing better to watch tune in Lost for a good time.
  • Seinfeld often joked that it was the show about nothing. Nothing ever really happened, things never really changed, the stories were often ridiculous, etc. Despite these things, watching Seinfeld was entertaining. Like Seinfeld, Lost is also a show abo

Seinfeld often joked that it was the show about nothing. Nothing ever really happened, things never really changed, the stories were often ridiculous, etc. But in spite of these things, watching Seinfeld was entertaining.

Like Seinfeld, Lost is also a show about nothing. Nothing ever really happens, things never really change, and the stories are ridiculous. Unlike Seinfeld, watching Lost is a severe waste of time.

It seems like everyone says things about Lost like, "OMFG BEST SHOW EVARRR!!!1" or "this is TEH BRILLYANCE!" but all I see is the opposite. The writers have setup some neat things about the island and the people, but you have to sit through an entire episode where almost nothing happens before anything interesting is revealed. Lost strings you along week to week with these interesting ideas, then fails to develop them or just ignores them until the finale. Rather than develop these ideas or give the viewer something to think about, the writers of Lost have characters foolishly feud among eachother and waste 40 minutes of an episode, then throw in a cliffhanger or puzzling question at the end only to repeat the same thing next week.

Lost might be worth watching if all of the pointless crap was cut out and the writers had the characters not act like idiots so often. But as the show is, all you really need to see are the first couple of minutes of an episode and the last couple of minutes and you won't miss anything really important.
  • Interesting show but not one of my favorite

I only watch it when I've got nothing to do
    actually I only watched the first middle of the season and I read recaps of the end

I really can't understand why so many people are "addicted" to it, but I have to admit that I adore Matthew Fox and Naveen Andrews who play Jake and Sayid and that my only good reason to watch this show!
  • This so is decent!

0.5
    I mean the show everyone talks about I watch and expect to see some amazing stuff. I was bored. I watched the first epidose and it was interesting and it had its high points. But I was bored way too much. The ending to the season finale was lame. I think I will watch the first next season to see how it is but if it is just like season 1 no thanks short stop!
  • An ordinary show. Worth to watch if you feel particularily bored, but definately no crisis if you miss an episode or ten because you have something better to do.

4.4
    This show is definately overrated. It is ok to watch, but nothing more than that. There isn't really anything with this show that makes it special. The writers seems to be very fond of making cliffhangers, and I can see why. With a show like this, that is really the only reason you can get people to keep comming back. The entire first season would have been much better off as a 2-hour movie instead, could have cut back on all the waste of time this show was.
    I have watched the entire first season, mostly because I was bored, and the show is just plain average all the way through...
  • Maybe I\'ll try this show again when it\'s repeated.

Maybe I\'ll try this show again when it\'s repeated. It looked like it was good but its glacial pace turned me off. I\'m not sure how interested I am in a long drawn out mystery after suffering through X-Files\' innumberable non-climactic climaxes. And I thought to myself that I have enough serial dramas at the moment to keep up with, spoiled as I am these days with the new Battlestar Galactica and Desperate Housewives and Grey\'s Anatomy.
  • In a word, unique.

I am proud to count myself as amongst those who watched LOST while it was still airing on TV. Starting mid - way through Season Four, and joining in online discussion of the show, and wondering whether we'd find out something about Richard in the next episode, or if we'd ever find anything about the blast door, or pondering how the series would close was a magical experience that, unfortunately, no one will ever experience again. That genuinely makes me sad, because that was my favourite part of LOST. Now all it is to me is a brilliantly done show that has more themes, genres, and character building than any other story ever told through any medium. Ever.

Something that needs to be stated is that LOST, in fact, answered ever question ever posed on the show, and by the community of LOSTies across the net. Most were answered explicitly on the show. Others, implicitly. Some you had to work to figure out, but it was all there. I challenge anyone to provide me with a LOST mystery that can't be explained. What this has to do with the review is that it illustrates the point that this, this apparent lack of answers, is the reason most people give out when they say that the show was bad. Nobody falls mid - way on the spectrum. Nobody thinks LOST was good. You either loved it or you hated it, and that was the power this show had. This show was powerful, it cemented that fact in the opening ten minutes, and it stronly reaffirmed this in the closing ten minutes. The 121 episodes that fell in between were a joy to tune into, and still are. Hell, even Expose is defendable as still being an above average episode. The themes of light and dark, are designed as ambiguous in this series, and life and death as absolute. This themes are set in the background of this enthralling series that forces you to think, that makes you concentrate on each episode as unique, each episode lending a new genre to the show.

In short, if you've heard a bit about this show, and you've wondered, "Should I check this out?", then the answer is a resounding yes. It's dissapointing that you won't get the full experience, and that you can't dwell on the mysteries anymore (You'll just google it if you don't want to wait), but trust me. Even half the experience is worth it with this show.
  • Lost was probably the best network show ever. First three seasons were classic. Last three were only ok and answered some questions but it doesn't detract from the show being one of the greats.

I recently watched all of Lost again on DVD and in my opinion, it hold up great even knowing how it turned out.

The acting (especially from the regulars) was superb and seeing Lost again I definately see that they kept who was compelling and gave great performanced and got rid of those who did not work. The core of Jake, Locke, Sawyer, Kate, Hurley and Jin/Sun were really like hitting the lottery, as every character had a very interesting hook and the performances were top notch.

After that, every season brought in new characters where some were kept if they were good. Obviously Ben and Juliet were great and lasted until the final season.

Were all the characters compelling? no. The infamous tail section characters were mostly gone after one season except for Bernanrd (and Rose) who were mostly cameos and really only had one episode feature them. Re-watching the show, it is appearent to me Libby and Ana were written off for their alleged off set activities, as their arcs were tossed before really developing. Libby never even got one flashback episode. The boat people were underdeveloped (supposedly due to the writers strike) and even Daniel never really jelled.

Clair and Charlie were terrible..sorry, their acting was awful and I believe it was only fan sentiminet that kept them on the show for as long as did. Claire dissapeared with smokey in season four leaving her baby, which is all she cared about the whole time. They never explained that and it is obvious in rewatching she had one beat (my baby! my baby) and they had nowhere else to fo with her.

The first three seasons were great and will be what is remembered. It went downhill (appearent in rewatching) in strike shortened season four where the only saving grace was the island dissapearing. Season 5 was also shortened by then as fans started leaving and introduced the Dharma time traveling plot, where it really seemed the writers didn't know where to go with the series. (the nuke at the end was meaningless after seeing what the side flashes were in the final season) After watching season 5, there seemed to be no reason why the characters went back in time and they didn't really learn anything there.

Season 6 was the writers attempt to tie up the mythology by explaining Richard Jacob and Smokey and to me the explaination was ok. The final also was fine, but rendered the side flashes meaningless. (Jack never had a son..so what was the point of it? it makes no sense if you think about it)

However, the first three seasons were pure gold as the characters the acting from the "core" group and story is still mesmerizing to this day. No other show delivered more suspense and creepy "what is going on?" than this show did. If you judge a show by its journey and not the ending, there really has never been a better mystery on TV.
  • The best of them all? Yes... and no

Lost! The biggy! The Best! The one show that the other shows look up to *cough Heroes, Flashforward*. It is true... there is so much to love about this show. The acting from everyone is superb... especially from Micheal Emmerson as Ben, who is also my favourite charactor. The rest of the charactors are brilliant... on thought I can't think of a single one I don't like (okay... Nikki and Paulo but that goes without saying). Charactors you can invest in and feel for. That is what a show needs before it even gets going.

And that basically summs up season 1. A superb piece for charactor development, especially for Jack, Sawyer and Locke. But of course... there's the mystery.

And that can sometimes be the problem with Lost. It is a show you need to stick with right form the start or its very easy to get... lost. It frustrates you, it amazes you and only occasionally does it satisfy you. But... when it does satisfy it does it well. It improves season by season; season 5 was by far the best thing on TV this year (well, okay, with my other two favourite shows 24 and Supernatural very close behind.) All in all... a brilliant show that will go down in History and will never be forgotten. Let us hope that when May rolls along and we finally know how it all ends we will finally be satisfied... or i can imagine a certain Cartoln and Cuise being in very grave danger. The Others are coming in January!
  • Whether you disliked the ending or not, at the end of the day the journey is what counts...

Lost started out and continued to be a show that was unlike any other, due to its complex characters, mysteries and storylines. It was a show that kept you questioning constantly, and still does after it's end. Although myself, and possibly others, may have disliked some aspects of the ending, at the end of the day the journey is what matters. The first 5 series (for me) was pure brilliance. However, I personally, did not like how the show became focused on "protecting the island" and the character Jacob. There can't be any denial that the show left many transfixed into wanting to see more, and understand the character's past(s) and developments. Whether or not you loved the ending, you will always remember the ride the show took you on, moments that gave you goosebumps, deaths that made you cry and the characters you learned to either love or loathe.
  • To those fans who are going to bash the entire show just because you didn't like the ending, re-watch the show for what it really was-the story of Jacob bringing a number of flawed, incomplete souls to the island to find meaning in their lives-eachother.

Lost, throughout it's series, had many mysteries, answered quite a few of the biggest like why the survivors came to the island, The black rock, the origin of the Dharma initiative, the smoke monster, Adam and Eve, why the plane crashed, ect) and left many more up for interpretation. Still, if you watched solely for the answers, I believe you weren't watching closely. Much more complex than the thousands of mysteries were the relationships of the characters and the character's themselves. All of you had a favorite character, whether you liked the ending or not. Whether it was Jack or Locke, Hurley, Sawyer, Sayid, Kate or Juliet, Desmond or Charlie, or maybe even Miles you had a favorite. You also had favorite relationships and favorite friendships that were explored in many great episodes like "The Constant." The writers of Lost built these characters better than any other cast of characters in the history of television and spent six wonderful years telling the stories we could all relate to or at least sympathize with. Yes, the mysteries were a big part of the show but the characters were the show and with that said, all I have left to say is thank you for six wonderful years and a wonderful ending.
  • Typical of the best of Hollywood: Good, then trashed.

This series is typical of what hack Hollywood writers do to shows. Some good writer starts out with a good show, good plot, good finance, etc and creates a hit show. Then, after a few months, he/she gets bored and wants to do something else. Then new hacks come in and want to put THEIR spin on the show, without understanding why the audience has made it a hit.

Then it hits the crapper.

Lost is typical of this. It starts out intriguing and unusual, with charming and interesting characters, with lots and lots of latitude to go wonderful places with the plot.

Then the hacks come along and inject a hate-filled atmosphere, with unbelievable characters doing stoooopid things that no one would ever contemplate doing, just to service the lazy writing.

Just like "land developers": - Wow, what a beautiful lake. Let's develop it!
  • Literally the best ever!

LOST had me at hello...amazing drama, epic movie quality production values, characters and cast that rival any ensamble ever brought together...this is a once in a lifetime show and you owe it to yourself to experience it from season one to the end of season 6. IMO the best seasons are the perfect season one, the up and down of season 3, and the swan song of season 6...

This show stays with you long after you've seen every episode, and it holds up to repeat viewing in the way that Lord Of The Rings trilogy is a yearly watch for me, this show will be in my blu-ray player off and on for years to come!
  • WOW!

I hear a lot of people saying things about this show like, 'I hope I get the ending I deserve or I've wasted 6 years on this show". I do not understand this at all~ What kind of ending could possibly live up to that? And what are those people looking for exactly? The whole reason we care about this show is because it's been an awesome and entertaining story that has thrilled, entertained, and even comforted and moved us to tears. It's been an incredible and cathartic journey following characters who, like all of us, are deeply flawed and in search of redemption. Most of us have had hours of theorizing about certain plot lines with friends and co-workers for years now and all the fun and enjoyment has never been dependent on one single pay off at the end of the series. Moments like the first flash forward in season 3, finding out what was in the hatch, Desmond and Penny in the Constant, the raft launch, Sawyer's revelation about Jack's father from the bar in Sydney...All extraordinary payoffs this show has delivered and there have been so many...

I have truly enjoyed the journey this show has taken us on, and no final episode is going to change that. The writer's can end the show however they want to in my opinion...it's been worth it!
  • One of the Best Shows on Earth :)

I love this show. It kept me watching for weeks! I love how the story progressed and how they let the viewers connect to the characters. Yeah, it had bad moments and boring episodes. But the over all story was awesome. LOST just proved that "everything happens for a reason".

God. I miss this show. It's suuuuuper good. Very unpredictable. Exciting. Cool. Awesome.

I love it because it kept me thinking. The finale was freakin' mind buggling. Yes, it was confusing. Yes, there are some questions which aren't answered, but it was all worth it. Oh ABC, We need a spin-off!
  • A group of strangers find themselves bound together by fate after their plane crashes onto a deserted island, or is it?

This show is intense, every episode has me wanting more, and leaves me speechless to say the least. The writers are incredible, as is the genius behind this whole concept. I find the twisting story line sometimes confusing, yet completely astounding to say the least. It is a great show for those who love spontaneity, and unpredictable outcomes. Just when I thought I had it figured out it changes, shifts, and leaves me guessing once again. I am hooked every minute, and can't wait to finally know what the mystery behind this strange island is. Two thumbs up! A great watch for any mystery, or suspense seeker.
  • Lost: A show which for the first 5 seasons created many intense mysteries that left the viewers enticed and anxious for the next episode week in and week out. The 6th and Final Season pretty much is a hit & miss.

[[[SPOILERS]]]

I would've given the show a 10 had the finale actually revealed there being an alternate reality instead of an afterlife-limbo holding place. The end of season 5 had ended with Juliet hitting the bomb with a rock which was in the hatch that eventually with holds the electromagnetic energy that brings the plane down 30 years later. So this BEGGED the question..In the final season will the Losties had changed their destiny or will it not matter? When you watch LA X for the first time..you'll see that it seems both things are happening..and that it looks like in the series finale that these two timelines are about to merge somehow...Damon and Carlton pull out the limbo storyline..which seemed to not make any sense since Jack in the afterlife holding place has a son with Juliet...does his soul even exist? I'm by no means a Lost basher or hater since I've watched the Series Finale..I just thought the journey would build up to something unimaginable..but it turned out to be something completely the opposite. I was eagerly watching 'The End' waiting to see how the writers of Lost are going to merge two time lines together...but alas... no such thing.

No matter what though..Lost is one of the greatest television dramas in history and paved the way for storyline expectations in season-long ARC writing. 9.5 out of 10. Long Live Lost
  • Lost is just the best TV-show ever!! I love it!!!!

I think that Lost is so good because all of the drama. there's something new happening in every episode. And the cliffhangers, i think that they are great, but at the same time i want to now what happens!! but i guess i'll have to keep watching Lost to find that out!!! i'm really looking forward for season 2. and i really hope that it will answer some of the mystories on the island!!
    My favorite characters are: Sawyer(he's the best, he's funny, he's soooo cool and he's just the best!!!!
    Hurley is also so funny!!! I like all the characters, but some of them can be really anoying!! like Walt!!! but i really don't care because the show is so good!!! **I JUST LOVE LOST!!!**
  • It is the unopened box with the toy JJ Abrams talked about.

First of all - it was 6 seasons of great fun and excitement and I enjoyed almost every second of it till the end ... but ... when I watched the JJ Abrams speech on TED.com few weeks ago I realized we are not going to get any answers. The whole point of the series was to give us the incredibly pleasant feeling of hope of getting all the answers one day and that was it. It is the unopened box with the toy JJ Abrams talked about. So keep on trying to understand what was going on but I'm afraid there is nothing more to it. Just a pile of questions that don't have any answers. ... which makes the ending incredibly clever ... what can be a bigger question without an answer than death, what a perfect balance.
  • it's just perfect.

This is indeed the greatest show on earth.It's bloody brilliant.I watched season 1 and it was ok then when i watched season 2 and 3 it became boring but when i watched season 4 and 5 i couldn't stop watching.It was so perfect.Season 4 ,5 and 6 are brilliant.I liked each character from the beginning.The plot for characters were perfect.It was quite a mixture of action,drama and fiction.I have never watched any show with such addiction.I was addicted to the characters. The suspense about the island was quite a story from beginning.Every episode had a story which just leaves you thinking about when the next episode will be airing.
  • A groundbreaking show that lost it's luster in the final season.

I don't want to whine and complain about the lack of answers in the series finale because i'm kind of tired of hearing that Lost was a waste of time.That's ridiculous.Actually,I'm on the fence about the issue.I think that we should have gotten a better explanation about the island and the numbers and all the other unresolved mysteries.But on the other hand,the writers allowed us to use our imagination and make theories of our own and of course it would be impossible for the writers to provide answers that would satisfy everyone.
    So,enough about the finale...Let's elaborate more on the plot.So,Lost is a show about a group of people whose plane crashed on a mysterious island.This island hides many secrets some of which are revealed throughout the seasons.There are other people living on the island,known as the Others,there are polar bears,there is a hatch and many other stations that were used by the Dharma folks,a group of scientists that lived on the island a few years ago and many other intriguing mysteries..
    So,now let's move on to the characters,a huge part of the story,according to the writers.There are many different and complex characters on the show and a lot of them get killed off!!But,anyway there are other characters that i can't stand like Jack who is supposed to be the leader and the hero or Sayid who gets on my nerves.
    Now let's move on to the seasons.
    Season 1 was propably one of the best seasons of any tv show ever and definitely the best season of Lost.Everything was new and exciting and the whole experience was fresh and original.
    Season 2 was a great season,in my opinion.It was definitely not as good as the first but it was still brilliant.
    Season 3 was a good season but not as good as the first two.We got to know the "Others" better and we lost one of the best characters,Charlie.
    Season 4 was when the show got more complicated generally because the flashforwards started and the show was going through a transitional period.Not the best season but not the greatest either.
    Season 5 was a bit better than season 4 but still puzzling.The whole time travelling plot didn't make much sense or the plot when some of them were in present day and some of them were in 1977.Anyway,above season 4 but still not up to the quality of the first seasons.
    Season 6,to me,was the worst season.The writers wasted most of their episodes with insignificant plots rather than resolving issues and it felt like they were winging it.Some episodes like Ab Aeterno or The Candidate were great and provided some wonderful moments.
    Overall, Lost is an innovative and amazing show that will remain alive through the DVDs and that everyone will remember.I think this show has had an impact on television and on many viewers.
  • Lost - a show designed for the many and the few. Its multilayered take on reality and beyond allowed viewers to be transported into venues questioning what's it all about.

Lost in my opinion is the most ground breaking commercial TV of the last 30 years. Thinking back only David Frost's Twin Peaks elicited as much conversation and controversy. The show allowed this viewer to project into a reality that cultivated so many different possibilities that it literally managed to invigorate my imagination into the possible in the impossible.

Fantasy and fiction have long been tools to help us grow and exceed our own limitations of thoughts and imagination. They also help to open doors into the realms of spirituality and its endless potential and opportunity to evolve. Our species has reached a point in its evolution where it has become aware that it is now participating consciously in aspects of its own evolvement. Lost is part of that consciousness and its creators and actors are participants as we the viewers were.

It is so gratifying that in todays confused and tumultuous world when things look so bleak that a show of this quality and message can become so popular. Perhaps in the relationships that developed between the characters over the course of six years we have seen ourselves. The best and the worst of what we are and the possibilities that through the choices we can create a now and a future with less fear and more love. As we proceed in our daily lives the question is constantly put before us in the choices we make - what would love have me do? Lost gave us the opportunity to see ourselves reflected in the wonderful character portrayals and writing. Seeing ourselves as individuals with all our flaws leads to the problems we experience collectively. This oh so well collected ensemble of you's and me's presented us to ourselves. The relationships developed can go in so many directions and once again it is largely determined by the choices we make. The choice is so easy when we ask the question: what would love have us do? When we choose otherwise we walk the road towards and in many cases into the "black smoke". When we choose love we travel the path of freedom and fearlessness. Thank you ABC for such groundbreaking TV. And especially thank you to the writers, directors and cast of Lost. You will be missed but not forgotten.
  • Great show but way to slow. This better not drag on as long as The X-Files. (9 Seasons)

This better not drag on as long as The X-Files. (9 Seasons, BTW). Listen i love this show, but when r we gonna find out anything?? Every single episode the commercial tells us, "This... is the episode when we will find out, everything!" Uh huh, whatever. But thumbs up for all the hot guys! Hello Boone and Sawyer! And Jack and Charlie aren't bad either! Man i am so upset though that Boone died. He was gorgous! Couldnt Sayid die. Man i really hate him and Shannon! So anyway, good show but drags on too long, keeps you waiting until the very end leaving you with a cliffhanger every single episode, which i love.
  • Great from Beginning to End!

Ok, so there was a lot of pressure put on the final episode because LOST has been so intricate and amazing through the years. To me even with all that pressure this episode delivered in spades and gave the kind of satisfying ending I was hoping for without trying too hard to make all the explanations too closed or final.

But even the people who hated the ending have to admit that this episode by itself, was one of the best produced of the series.

I mean come on, Jack and Man-in Black's fight on the cliff was hands down the best fight sequence of the entire series run. All the call back's to seminal moments as the characters "awoke" from their death sleep was truly beautiful. And the acting was on a level unparalleled in any LOST episode before it. A very remarkable finish to a unique and much loved show.
  • Great show

Lost was a great show that kept you on your feet from beginning to end, you never knew what was going to happen next. The show had many twist in it, and many characters died in the process. I haven't been so quickly addicted to a show as fast as i got addicted to Lost. The only problem I have with the show is it had so many important questions not answered in it. And i wasn't the biggest fan of how the show ended, but this show will still be one of my favorite shows, that will probably gain more fans even though it's already over.
  • Lost is just the best show ever to be on television today. You've just got to watch it, it's one of those shows. I pity those in other countries who haven't been able to see the episodes yet. Hopefully they aren't deprived for too much longer.

Lost is amazing. There's not much else I can say. Watch it. Learn it. Love it. Obsess about it.

Rewatch it and rewatch it. Never let others diss it and never, I repeat never, stop watching it. The plot twists, mystery, romance, drama, everything about the show will draw in viewers. And, as an avid viewer, you should promote it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10