Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 6 of 88

• A FANTASTIC show that is designed for an intelligent audience.

I have been drawn into this show since the first episode and found well written characters that make me want to come back each week to learn more about them. There are often mysteries exposed and never quite answered, but that is okay, it just leads to a more interesting show. Each week there is a wonderful blend of two or three characters and their stories. And even better their 'backstories' - the stories of how and what brought them to the Island. This makes it all much more interesting.
    This is a show that will give hours of entertainment if you watch it for character build up and development not always tons of action and adventure.
    A fantastic blend of faith and science and law and order and what society should or should not do.
    WONDERFUL!!!
  • all time best tv show. Just fantastic to the core. finally season 6 is delivering and revealing the secrets. cant believe its gonna end. just want it to continue forever!!!!!!There are only five episodes left before the series finale and you can tell the

all time best tv show. Just fantastic to the core. finally season 6 is delivering and revealing the secrets. cant believe its gonna end. just want it to continue forever!!!!!!There are only five episodes left before the series finale and you can tell the writers are starting to wrap things up. We should expect several big reveals in the future and Desmond's story included one of many…This week's episode took us in the right direction in terms of closure. The pieces are all starting to come together and Desmond will be the one to get everything started. His flash sideways actually served a major purpose and it was cool to see him flooded with memories from the island even though he didn't know where they were coming from.
  • By far one of the most creative and innovative series of its time, Lost delivers on every level.

Lost is a true masterpiece. It is a show with so much substance that you can spend hours analysing every aspect of it, trying to decipher what it all really means, or you can just sit back and enjoy the ride. And what a ride it has been so far.

Lost's strength lies in its immense story. On one hand you have the ongoing mystery surrounding the Island, and on the other you have the conflict and struggles of the main characters, all of whom have their own demons they must face during the series. The way in which the story is told makes each character equally important to the overall mythology. And it is this mythology that makes Lost stand out from the other shows. Battlestar Galactica had it. And so does Lost.

I often think that the best way to describe Lost would be to think of it as a game of chess. Imagine two sides, one black, one white, playing this game. The board is the Island. Now imagine the castaways as pieces on this chessboard. These two sides, good and evil, have been manipulating these characters over the whole series, all leading towards this final season when everything will be decided.

We are now midway though this final season and I believe it is definately the best one yet. The writers have been delivering on their storylines, wrapping up each thread in such a way that it seems as though they really did know where it was heading from the beginning. It is just effortless viewing. We have been given so many answers to all of the questions that have been asked over the years, it feels so very satisfying to behold.

I cannot wait to see how it ends, no matter how sad it will be to see it go.

Lost, it's been an honor. Thank you. SK
  • Explosive

And so it begins, as we draw to a close the inevitable deaths of the lead characters begins its climb to the finale, in which probably only Jack will feature. This is suggested by Sayid who reveals he in fact did not kill Desmond (big surprise there) before running off with a bag of C4 and blowing up. Although this may seem an abrupt way to kill a character of 6 seasons, we all know that the real Sayid died at the end of last season, being replaced by a rather pitiable ghost of his former self. It reminds me of the death of Libby, killed out of the blue in order to shock and keep us on our toes. The death of Sun and Jin was truly poetic, and could mark the best ever scene in lost. Although it lacks to WOW revelation factor that us losties have become addicted to, the tragic fate of two lovers reunited was one of the saddest scenes I have ever witnessed. Even the switching between languages, which previously I have found to be annoying, gave the scene an added depth and made their floating bodies later in the episode even more unbearable to watch! Frank got short changed in this episode, but then again he was the only one not to receive a flash centric episode, so I don't feel too bad. Music was brilliant as usual, you would think the repeated use of Life & Death would get repetitive after 6 seasons, but it seemed to sum up the concluding scenes perfectly. It was a nice touch to make John the candidate for an operation in alt-verse, while Jack basically made the successor of Jacob in ours, with Sayid remarking "It will be you" or something along those lines, though I would not be surprised if the creators made Hurley the new Jacob at the end, as I'm pretty sure Sawyer has destroyed his chance of becoming it and I guess it doesn't really matter which Kwon was the candidate it was anymore does it!
  • The Greatest show ever MADE!

Lost is a show that aired in 2004 in present time where a plane flying from Sydney - Los Angeles Oceanic Flight 815 and crashed on a mysterious Island filled with many many questions. It goes into depth with character development with Flash backs from season 1-3 then flash forwards 4 and now flash sideways? 6.
    The show is very Mysterious ''Hence'' the title but it's much more than just people trying to get off an island i would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about watching the show because their are only 4 episodes left but it's just superb in every possible way.
  • Across the Sea-well done!

I loved this episode -it was beautifully thought provoking and was just the right time to take us away from the well known and loved characters and go to a deeper layer of understanding of the islands history. It just produced a more intense craving of further knowledge for me. I love the challenge from week to week of having to come up with my own answers to the unanswered scenarios played out-it is one of those few pleasures that TV shows or movies never offer-they do all the thinking for us and summarize everything before we have had a chance to use our own imaginative minds for possible solutions to grand mysteries. ...and for all those asking what the brothers name is and why they didn't mention it last night....know that it has to be something so revealing they couldn't possibly say it as to give something deeply informative away before the Final episode airs-therefore I think his name is Lucifer. Although the brother was a normal human being (as goes the bible) his sole was tortured for many reasons and therefore when he dies (transforms) he becomes the black smoke, the black soul, the devil. Just a thought...

I do think the mother is Eve-but don't believe the brother to have been Adam....She most likely has been protecting "Eden" all these years and is grateful when her son kills her so she can finally die and move beyond pergatory.

As for Smokey not being able to get off the island-remember back a few seasons when we saw how torturous and horrible everyones lives were when they did get off the island-Jack was an alcoholic who wanted to commit suicide etc etc-was that a possible glimpse into the future if smokey did get off the island and what havoc he could wreak for humankind? and is that to say that the writers are eluding to the fact that this is how things really are in the world today? hard to say, but this is why I say it is wonderful how much the writers do leave to our own imagination-we never know if what we are thinking is correct, but it is fun each week to use our imagination nevertheless and gratifying if we do actually get something right and even more eye opening when we are wrong.
  • Simply the best!

This is a show that will go down in history as one of the most creative and original shows of all time. The sprawling narrative, the left turns, the amazing characters that draw you in, the brilliant writing...it all combines and makes for one heck of a ride.

LOST's most thrilling feature in my opinion is the large ensemble cast. They are so diverse and so unique that every episode that features a specific character has the opportunity to explore a completely different tone. For example an episode featuring Hurley is like a comedy, Jack's episodes are more hospital drama, Sun and Jin's feel like a foreign film, etc...These layers and diversities make LOST have more depth that any other show. 10 stars!!
  • There will never be another

Its a concept ,a brilliant brilliant concept.How genius of these writers to come up with a story that could be flipped in so many ways ,turned in so many directions that its captivates you into thinking like , what if to yourself all day at work ! The castings great , the mystery is fantastic ,the humor is overwhelming , the wit is meticulous .Bravo to this star magnificent piece of work, it shall grace the shelves of my tv cabinet till the day i die .My favorite actor i`d have to say Sawyer ,then BEN (nervy guy who`s so manipulative and cunning through out the whole thing )and then the physicist guy . Well done to the cast of lost to providing us with such good thrilling entertainment .A pity it has to end , u`d think such a great once in a life concept would be milked for generations and generations to come .
  • This show is epic!

The storyline, the moments, all of it are touching and gives me the chills. They could not have picked a better cast for the show. Although the best season was the fourth, it hasn't gotten worse, it's just stunning, the whole concept. And I hope the writers and creators don't mess up the final episode... There are so much for them to clear up and so little time, I remember watching season 5 finale and my heart was pumping like never before. I really hope it will this time too. All I can say for these lovely seasons twists and drama is... Epic series from the beginning (hopefully) til the end!
  • Possibly the most brilliant and Complex show ever!

There aren't many shows that I will write (type) review on but this one is phenomenal. I've been waiting till the show is almost over to write this review just in case my opinion of it dropped. Also I couldn't write a review for it after the last episode. So now seems perfect timing.
    After watching this show religiously since it came out and seeing the thought that has gone into it I can't imagine if another TV show will ever be as popular.
    Some of the links that you had forgot happened in earlier series that are finally explained. The detail that the writers have gone into to get the best they can out of the script and their ideas.
    With any TV show you are going to have continuity errors and that's no exception in Lost either (most recently "Adam and Eve" bodies).
    I cannot even think where to begin how to describe what this show is about. If someone who had never heard of the show asked me what it's about. All I would be able to say after watching it right through is "it starts with a plane crash on an island" followed by "just watch it"
    My rating of 10/10 isn't just because it's my favorite TV show. It's because you can see the thought that has gone into the show, the way it's told, the brilliant (although far fetched storyline).
    It is what all shows should be. A brilliant piece of TV!
    What TV show will take the dominance on our screens when this has finished.

The finale: The most anticipated episode of a show in TV history!
  • The show is absolutely fantastic...

Lost is a truly remarkable show which not only dazzles viewers but also forces them to think and ponder. Throughout the first five seasons of the show, we have been led into one mystery after the other and finally one by one all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are fitting together in the final season of the show. It has been a remarkable journey and we have been seen absolutely brilliant performances throughout the course of the show. I absolutely love the character of desmond, I think some of the episodes are special simply because of his performances. One hopes, that the series finale will live up to the expectation and deliver a satisfying conclusion to one of the best tv serials of modern time.
  • THe best tv show of all time!

LOST is so dense and rich, it's so much more than just a tv show. It's an epic journey that beautifully shows the pathways of a group of people who have been united by a catastrophic event (plane crash) and the bond of having to figure out how to work together in order to be saved. It's an allegory of sorts in the most creative and modern sense possible.

The finale was heartbreaking and and perfectly concluded the narrative with the castaways finally finding some peace. Who knew how prophetic the words, "see you in another life brotha" would turn out to be! Awesome!
  • What a ride!

I love LOST...this show is amazing and the final episode is one of, if not the best of the entire series. People constantly whining about answers just don't get it. They don't get classic literature devices..unfortunately our current culture's obsession with stupid reality shows has caused much of the tv viewing public to be incapable of actually putting the pieces together and thinking through a story themselves. BUT Lost does not stoop to that level and delivers incredibly intricate narrative threads where one discovery applies to answers another even if the connections are not always spelled out for us.

Actually the DVD available in August does include 20 minutes of new material shot during season 6 that answers the questions about Dharma food drops, Walt, life after Jack's death on and off the Island staring Michael Emerson and Jorge Garcia. It''d be nice if the haters would please stop complaining about an expensively produced tv show that we all got to watch for free on network television. (and you can still watch for free on hulu and abc.com. If it was not entertaining, then why did we all watch it for 6 years? Lost did not owe anyone anything. If you paid $10 to see 121 episodes and you hated them all then I would understand you feeling ripped off, but it was absolutely free, 121 hours for your enjoyment...saying it was all a waste is not being honest no matter what you thought of the end.
  • Classic TV with a twist!

LOST is obviously not for everyone. The amount of people who watch reality tv is a testament to this, you really can't go from "the Hills" or "American Idol" to LOST and not be horrified at how mind-numbing and soulless most of TV is compared to a show like this...I can't believe that the producers of this show actually got away with delivering the level of intelligence and symbolism on network television! All I can say is, "Well Done"!

It's just sad the state of affairs where people are so spoiled and if they don't get exactly what they want they go out of their way to try and spoil it for others. It's TV for crying out loud, and LOST has delivered year after year after year...Don't believe the haters, people, LOST is so worth it!!
  • This show instantly hooked me!

I have never seen any show quite like this one where I am dying to find out what will happen on the next episode! The show has strong chracters and a very well done story line. The second season started off tremendously and is getting even better as the show progresses. This is a must watch show!
  • Interesting show, but depends on continuity and makes it hard to really feel for the characters

Lost is a great show with an interesting concept, and since season 5 it has really become a 'hate it or love it'-show because of the time travelling. I didn't like it at first, but it started to grow on me and I'm starting to like it now (I just watched episode 5x04).

The problem with this show is that you have to know the whole history to understand it. If you haven't watched the first seasons and pick up in, let's say season 4, you're lost. And it's not just a show where you can lay back in your sofa and take a break, Lost demands some serious thinking on behalf of the viewer. These things are probably the reason why this show has lost a big amount of viewers: only the core remains. And with +/- 9 million viewers, it's still a good one.

There isn't really a zoom in on the emotions of the characters or they aren't likeable and that's why I can't really feel for them. Maybe it's also because of the huge cast, but it makes the drama less confronting and that sucks, because I really wanted to love this show. Since season 4, it's become better and I'm glad about that.

To end on a positive note, it's good to know the show's going to end next year. There are a lot of questions and it's frustrating to keep waiting for the answers, but knowing everything will be revealed (at least) next year makes it a lot less harder.
  • As much as people love this series, I don't find the point in it. I mean it is interesting and it has good drama and good storylines but some things are too freaky that I don't understand how they came to be. I mean how do they survive in that island?

This show is a show that I see once in a while online. I do like the story lines because all of them are interesting. Most of the characters in that island are very unique and different from each other. They also have good pasts that make us understand why they are the way they are. The setting is okay but how do they get food to survive and how do they get clothing, and how do they stay clean. I don't get it. I also don't get how they always meet new people if they're on an island and what is the BIG mystery. I do like the fact that they do flashbacks in every episode but other than that I don't get this sci-fi show.
  • Lost?? Really?

When I first heared of LOST I was intrigued with the rest of the world. Airplane crash, deserted jungle, good looking cast members. Everything that would make a show awesome. Unfortunetly all that I could think about when I watched the first episode was "Hello turn the corner and you'll run right into Club Med and they'll take good care of you". After watching the first I couldn't take the cast and story seriously. Subpar acting mixed with a ridiclous story line and yet it keeps on going. Which I give you propse for LOST, way to keep the world panting for more!
  • "Soap opera" this is the one thing i can think of when i am watching it.

7.9
    Season one was superb. It has everything, and with evry one episode was getting more and more interesting. Well when season 2 started i was not so good anymore. Things just stuck dragged through the story line and i was very disappointed by this fact. The truth is that with the start of season 3 a way not expecting anything more and i was right. With the first episode many of the character reactions was absolutely unbelievable. I mean how do you react if you are captured by "some people" on a supposeably deserted island and out in a animal cage ?!?! Sure it isn't going to be like Soyer or Kate. And the storyline is ..... is ..... i just don't know what is it, it is just boorng. Now that's my opinion and you may not agree with it, but it is facts, Lost is not, what it used to be anymore.
  • lost

Heroes will forever be my second favourite show because there is one show that is miles better than anything on TV and its called LOST. Everything about lost is fantastic the first half of the series concentrated on character development which I find the most important part of any story. There is loads of mystery behind the island and mythology. There are twists and turns, action, science fiction, tragic deaths and a hot cast. The show just hits everything I want and that is why its my favourite. The best characters are easily Locke and Ben. Sawyer has been great throughout the series. Sun and Jin are awesome too there relationship has developed the most I love all of there episode to date. Charlie was great in the first three seasons shame he is gone.. Kate, Claire and Juliet are all as hot as each other oh and Shannon how could I forget. This show is just the best.
  • just don't tell me that u all bought that crap

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    F###ING KIDING ME ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! And I thought that Smallwille was waste of time,but this giant pile of S##T is unbelievable.
    I still can't grasp the full stupidity of writers,
    did they even watch the show before releasing it on TV,if they did than that great sentence from even greater Albert Einstein its best application (Only two things are infinitive,human stupidity and space and I'm not so sure about space)
    Sorry about my English but u get my point
  • Lost....no seriously I am sooo freaking Lost when it comes to this show!

When I first started watching Lost I enjoyed and thought it was amazingly well thought out...that lasted for about two or three seasons...Now I am asking myself what...huh? The story line is all over the place and I cant even tell whats going on anymore..They either need to just end it, or actually make some freaking progress into the plot. Just my opinion. Some people still like it and are still watching it but a lot of people aren't any more because of how bouncy the story line is. Chaos describes this series.Like I said its just my opinion. End
  • Best Show Ever!

I have to say by far the best show I have ever seen in my life is Lost. Its perfect. It disappoints me that this is going to be the final season because i have never seen a show with writing and actors as good as lost it trumps every other show. For any one looking to watch a series, Lost is by far the best choice out there. It is much more than these people who crash on an island crash on an island , their is a reason Lost is the most popular show of all time, and that reason is that Lost owns!
  • One of the few shows that actually requires you to think.

When I first heard of this show and saw a few trailers, I wasn't too interested. It all looked only like "running in the jungle from something you never see". Then my friend started watching the show and told me that "it's pretty cool". So i decided to give it a shot.
    I got hooked after the first few minutes of the Pilot episode. And the more I watched, the more addicted I became to the show. Not only it had EVERYTHING a TV watcher could want -action, love, mystery, comedy etc.- but it also was one of the few shows that you could call "deep". It has metaphorical, hidden meanings. It uses symbolism to show many things. The plot is very twisted and unique. the show now is on its 6th and final season and it feels that they still hadn't lost it.
    So if you're still not watching, I can only give you one question - why?
  • One of the great shows of the past decade

Almost half way through the final season and it is just a suspenseful as the first season (well maybe not that suspenseful). Lost will you hooked after the first couple episodes. Strangers stranded on a magical mysterious island with "the others", a group of hostile people is the premise. Each season has its own unique twists and turns which will keep you glued to the television. Now that the series is almost over many of the answers people have been waiting for since season one have been answered along the way but some remain to be unanswered. The hatch, the others, the healing powers, seeing dead people, the black smoke, jacob, the dharma initiative are just a few of the many mysteries that have been seen since season one. A must watch show for the ages.
  • One-time phenomenon!

Lost is one of a kind TV phenomenon. The series is amazingly written, the beauty of the show is that you can't understand anything and you have to tune in and watch. Although seasons 2-4 weren't as good as the first season that was unbelievable but on season 5 they came back stronger then ever ! I believe that season finale will be something so unexpected that non of us would ever thought about and that is what I love about the show and all the other millions I believe. The secrets is starting to be reveled but we have along way until we understand everything that is happening on that show although I think that not all the questions will be answered and the show will end as enigma as it started. I need to praise the network or the producers that made only 6 seasons to that show and didn't try to milk the show until everyone had enough and started to hate it!!!
    Anyway I look forward to finale....
  • FANTASTIC!

I'm completely happy...it's incredible, but the all series and this end made me think in my life an i was like 5 minutes with tears in my eyes and with a smile on my face. It's true, we didn't get all the answers to all the misteries, but that's because, in the end, they weren't important! Maybe later i will think more rationally about all the series but now i only want to enjoy the sensational feeling that the all series has gave me and i only have two words in my mind, COMPANIONSHIP and LOVE! Live your life the best way you can!
  • Very touching ending. But as always Lost did left the end unknown!!

What a quit show I just Love LOST and the ending was good from my opinion.
    The end was opened for us to think what might happen. did they all died and then lived again. or they just died and when that was their memories, like they died before but then lived again and then they remembered what happened. maybe they we're dieing and living and that's how Jakob knew all of them!! but the most important thing that we saw all the characters happy ever after and that was touching.
    We just need to say, LOST is one of the most strong series ever been made. and anything that is similar to it will just be compared to LOST. and nothing will be as LOST.
  • lost is one show that has one of the best first and final episodes and i believe no other show will ever be compared to it, it started with questions and ended with questions

the first episode had me grinning and wondering what in the name of earth was going on? a plane crashe on an island,they gather around saving eachother and choose a leader who decides to build a smoke signal then later on something wakes up in the forest, this is my description of the first episode. to me the rest of the episodes are a bunch of sleepless nights trying to come up with possible answers for whatever was hiding behind the trees,the numbers the black smoke that shoots out of the earth,the dharma Initiative,Locke, walt(who i thought would do great things)the others,Rossouw(you have three choices run,hide,or die) Desmond and Eko, Jacob fhe famous foot and other things that i actully became addicted, now that it has ended i feel empty,almost lost. i will miss many things like Kate, Claire Littletn,Jack, sawyers wit, the black smoke(before we knew what it really was season 1-3, best appearance-season2 the 23rd Psalms)then there are was Eko with his quiet manliness and charlie with his rude comebacks(you gonna hit me with yur jesus stick?)and of course there is the whole show which stands as the best of the best.
  • The best tv show ever made!

This is my favourite show of all times its amazing! I never miss a episode in my life, I'm so addict! I cant beleive we have to wait until February, I dont know why they are making all of us lost fans wait until then, I'm nearly killing myself here! My faourite season is one, but then I love season three, saying that season two is really great too! My favourite charactors are Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke and Ben. They Are really great actors, infact they are better than great they are amazing! Every single episode has never let me down, there so brillant! I also loved Charlie I was crying when Charlie died, but i think everyone who watched it was! I love the whole story with Jack, Kate, Juliet and Sawyer. I hope Kate and Jack get together in season four, its meant to be! I mean Kate and Sawyer are really good but I dont think it will work! All in all lost is a brillant show, I cant wait until season four!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10