Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 8 of 88

• Revolving around the survivors of Oceanic flight 815, this is a beautiful story of survival, mystery and intrigue. A crashed plane, survivors, a mysterious Island, a smoke monster, a bunch of Others...what more can you ask for?

This is the best show on American television of its time. Great characterization, amazing visuals, mind-blowing plot twists and a thoroughly entertaining hour of good television.
    Lost is one of the few shows that actually indulge your mind in the act of thinking.
    It started brilliantly focusing initially on character development and now has aged into a more complicated story revolving around the mysterious Island, the survivors of flight 815 crashed onto and its odd inhabitants.
    This show has kept its fans enthralled season after season. Can't wait for the next season to begin but can't bear for Lost to end either.Lost you will be missed!
  • Hate it and love it...

Let's accept it; Lost is one of the best shows in TV history. From the first trailer till now, I couldn't stop watching it. I want but I can't. When you are watching one episode at the same time you are thinking the next one.
    It doesn't matter how many times the story change or unbelievable things happen, it just hypnotizing. For this reason I curse and love the script writers. The characters are strong and well developed. The acting is really but good sometimes I get tired of watching Kate.
    I think 2010 will our last season and answers of all our questions. I can't wait it.
  • One of the best shows on tv! It makes the most unbelievable storylines believable.

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing this show is!
    The best way to watch this show is to get the dvd's and watch it back to back! This show follows the survivors of a plane crash, who are stuck on a island that isn't what it seems. Each episode gives you some background story about a certain character or event. But don't think it will answer key questions you'll bound to have while watching this! The why's will remain a mystery for a long time. And watching each episode does not mean you know what is going on. The writing for this show is great! There are some really unbelievable twists and storylines, but for some reason in the world of Lost you will find it realistic. The acting is superb, with characters you'll get to know and care for. And, not to forget this show has the best villain I have ever seen on tv, the scheming and manipulative Benjamin Linus! With only one more season left, I'm really excited to see how they will wrap it all up, and hopefully shed some light on what's going on and answer all our burning questions. This tv show stays interesting, even after 5 seasons and will be greatly missed after the last season (6).
  • Whoa...

There has never been a show, which could surprise me every week again. "Alias" had a lot of mystery, but that was nothing compared to this one. The beginning was already genius! With Jack waking up somewhere in the jungle and you have no idea what's going on.
    At first you thought it was about the survivors of Oceanic 815 and their fates, but to introduce the Island as a character for its own was mind-blowing. The characters are very deep. They developed throughout the seasons and you learned more about their backgrounds and their future through flashbacks and flash forwards. And it's never standing still. There are constantly new characters introduced which I either hated (Nikki, Paolo) or loved (Desmond, Ben, Daniel). But all of them play a part and have a purpose. Some purposes were already discovered, but to find out what the fate of most of the survivors is we will have to wait until season 6. So many questions need answers that it seems impossible to cover them in only 17 episodes to come. But it's "Lost". That means nothing is impossible. I just hope it will all come to a satisfying ending. Until then, I will watch it again and again, because once you're in this complex system that is "Lost", you simply just can't stop!
  • This is the greatest show ever. The script writers keep me glued and waiting for every other new season. You guys are amazing...the best in the industry. I like Jacob, to bad he dies before we all become acquainted with him and his character. good work

I love the show. The new season, season 5 is just amazing, it has answered so many questions and left us with a few. like who is the Locke impostor. Is he the guy who spoke with Jacob in the first episode under the statue? What's his name and who is he...what is his role in the island? Where has he been all this time? And where is Claire? How could that guy get to Jacob? Isn't Jacob like the 'god' of the island...so many questions! The show is great though. I love it. Keep us dependent. I hope though that you answer all this questions in the final season.
  • great tv show , but it s going on for some time im anxious for the end of this show

for almost 5 years we have been watching this expectacular show and seeing a lot of carectors deing and new appering the question is wen is this show going to end? and if it was worth watching it for this long time?
    So what are the future misteries?
    Why they are in the iland?
    Why is jacob like that?
    when did the darma iniciativ start why the others kill them all?
    I hope to like the show until the end if not why will cry because why wasted all those hours.
  • one ask?

i wanna to know exactly when charolt was born? year 1979 as benjamin said that(see the last of episode 3 season 4) or before as shown that in 1977 when farraday spoke with her when she was swinging "she is already born and have about 7 years ago" (see episode 14 season 5) note: this series is most beautiful series i have seen before but i need anyone explain that for me please
    i think that the season 6 will be more clear and more drama , more action because a lot of questions not answered yet so we will see
  • Add a rich drama with compelling charchter driven storylines, a sprinkle of humour, chunks of island mystrey and monsters, top it with a tearjearker cherry and what you have is Lost, possibly the greatest sci-fi drama ever writen

The surrivors of Oceanic 815, a plane that crash landed on a mysterious and magical island, starts off innocent enough (Expect for possibly being attacked by a giant monster made out of smoke, and polar bears), with the surrivors seeking rescue, shelter, food and water. Slowly we come to learn the tale of all our surrivors, all their dirty secrets, how they were all destined to arrive on this island and how their lives have always been somehow connected. Divisions in the group appear very early on and esculate as time passes by, some believe they were meant to be their, others believed it was concidence, they are solely their because a plane crashed, they have no divine purpose. The surrivors also learn that they not alone on this island, their are "others"

The best way to experince Lost without watching it, is to throw a ten thousand piece jigsaw around your house, with people you don't know. Some of the pieces you find will fit to make the bigger picture clearer, some are put their to throw you off (Though they will suprise you as to were they fit and what they show), and other's you will not have a clue about till the jigsaw is nearly complete. You'll learn more of the people you share your time with, sometimes they'll tell you tales that will make you laugh and their will be times that these tales will make you cry, but they will always keep you focused and entertained. When the jigsaw is complete, you'll feel statsified at what your looking at, if not a little suprised.

Each season of Lost has offered, we the viewers, something different, it has never felt as if it wasn't going somewere but their have been times an episode just fell flat. Everything has its slight imperfections (Nothing will ever be perfect), the things this show does right are so rewarding and enjoyable, you carn't really grumble at one or two bad episodes. Its a show that is not afraid to surprise and shock you, it isnt afraid to make you smile, cry or draw a deep breath at one of its many twists and turns and this is what makes Lost brillant. But to explain any of this show to you now, wouldn't make any sense, you need to watch it from the start, but when its five o clock in the morning and your telling your spouse just one more episode, don't blame me!
  • Lost is a unique program that only comes along every so often. We should enjoy it while we can.

Lost is the story of a plane that crashes on an island in the south pacific; some survive but many perish. Right from the start the survivors realize there is something different about the island. The islands new inhabitants must survive many trials an tribulations. There are forces unseen at work against them. They uncover a series of rooms and have to enter a number every 108 minutes or something bad will happen. They encounter a group of survivors on the other side of the island. Then they encounter their most formidable opponents yet, "the Others" which is a group of original inhabitants. They split into groups one with the others and one against the others. Then comes the group who wants to rescue them but are only looking for the island. And the story continues.
  • I want out....

What the hell!? Why have they gone back to 1977!? I hate it! The plot just resolves around being in 1977, which is poorly propped might I point out! Just get back to the modern day NOW, or I will switch off, because that 100th episode was perhaps the most over hyped thing EVER!!! "The Constant" from season 3 was so mesmirising that when they compared "The Variable" to it I was instantly excited that finally this season might be picking up pace. It didn't. Lost has fallen once again, and this time it's worse than EVER. The only reason I continue to watch it is to get answers - which were promised in "The Variable"....but weren't delivered.
  • Lost on the Island

The show frequently hits the right buttons and many of the story lines and arcs the show has developed over the course of its first season on the air is a joy to behold. The show is of superb quality and the casting is nearly always perfect. The story telling mostly revolves around the characters and character development. The characters are conveniently and improbably connected through their backstories, but maybe fate drew them together. There's still a mysterious air of the supernatural surrounding the events on the island. The Island itself is the biggest mystery and the greatest character in the show.
  • " Best tv show ever ! " seriously i dont think there will be or was a tv show that is as amazing as lost it keeps you entertained during a whole episode , amazingly writter, acted by the actor...

it is not just a tv show for me its sooo much more im very addicted to it and i keeps rewatching it over and over again ... it has all the qualities of a perfect tv show drama,action,thriller,sci-fi and humour !!.... it shows time travel in a whole new way ....to be honest i wasnt a sci-fi fan but after watching how lost introduced time travel ... i love sci-fi i like where the show is heading and i hope we get an amazing ending for season 6 im sad its ending but still hyped to watch how it ends ... my favourite season so far is season 5 and my favourite character is ben ...i love to hate him and
  • Lost is the best!!!!

People!! I cant believe how many people I hear complaining about all the unanswered questions on Lost. That is the point of the show!!! You have to pay attention to every little detail and even then the light bulb may not go on. That is what makes the show so great. It is a continuation.... It is not a series with a tidy little ending every week. This show really makes you think. Unlike most of the other garbage on television. The depth they have gone to with each character is awesome in my book. I love this show and personally will be very sad to see it end.
  • jag älskar verkeligen dena serien. Lost var den allra första serien jag verkeligen älskade. Spänningen, dramat, romantiken.Kate och sawyer är mina favorit karaktärer och jag skulle så gärna villja att dom blev tillsammans dem är så enormt sööööööööta11111

one of my absolute favorite tv series! Lost was the first show i relly loved and i still do. the season was season 3 that was the season that everything happend.In the fourth season i thought it was a little bit to much at the same time but it was still god. My favorite couple is Kate and sawyer they are so cute and i really hope kate picks sawyer over jack. Overall the show is one of the biggest on television and i hope that the next season is gonna be as big as the rest of them !
  • Lost Season 5.

Lost's season 5 is by far one of the strongest of the series. The answers are beginning to appear and it's almost as if a jigsaw puzzle is being sculpted in front of us with each piece slowly fitting together. Much like season 4 the pace of the show is much faster than previous seasons diving us straight into the action.

There have already been some very memorable moments such as the concept of time travel which I must say has obviously been in the works since season 3. During this season time travel is a very big part of Lost and is helping to answer a fair few questions in an exciting way. It's almost like Back to the Future meets Castaway and this makes it a very unique and special show. There have been some very funny moments especially when Hurley and Sayid team up. Sawyer still continues his typical wit never failing to give us a one liner and Jack is starting to become a man of faith. The best story arc is the resurecction of John Locke feeding us new ideas about what else the island is able to do. The Dharma Initiative are also being explained gradually and this has helped to take the show in a completely new direction. Lost season 5 has definitely exceeded my expectations because it offers the audience drama, adventure, mystery, romance and now time travel. It makes you wonder what they have in store for season 6. What ever it is I am certain it won't disappoint.
  • Lost

Summary: The survivors of a plane crash land on an island in the middle of the sea, but it is no ordinary island. While the survivors continue to survive and find a way off, the backgrounds of the main characters are explored, who they were before the crash.

Plot: 8.5/10

Season One: 9.9/10
    Season Two: 9.7/10
    Season Three: 8.0/10
    Season Four: 9.0/10

Characters: 8.5/10

Acting: 9.0/10

Music: 8.5/10

Overall: 9.5/10

Opinion: The story is totally brilliant, and there are barely any flat characters. Almost all of them have depth. My only problem is the creators desire to make as many loose ends as possible. Other than that, it's A+.
  • LOST IS GREAT!

LOST is the best show I have ever seen. I started watching the 1st season after the 5th season had already started. I bought all the seasons on itunes so i could watch them and get caught up, and I never do this but I had to with LOST because it is just that good. It was worth every penny and more! I was a little annoyed with the constant flash-backs during the first few episodes of season 1, but that ended quickly so no harm done there. My personal favorite season is season 3 but all of the seasons are amazing. Season 4 can be a little confusing if you don't understand that the flashes are actually flash-forwards (I speak from personal experience). If you are thinking about buying this show (DVD or itunes), BUY IT! It is completely worth it!
  • suberb... suprising...

Lost is one of those shows that all people should like, but some people think it sucks. The best Drama i have ever seen. A+++, R+++, 100000000%. In one word, fabulous. It is about Oceanic flight 815 and it crashing including the events afterward and some flashbacks. SPOILER ALERT: It includes a smoke monster that is revealed to be the closest thng to Anubis there ever is. The island moves as well. Charectors include Ben Linus, Sawyer, Jon Locke, Jack, Kate, and more. It is a vivid storyline, and it keeps you guessing. It comes on every Wednsday at 9:00 P.M.
  • The greatest show ever created!

I don't know how the writers come up with some of the stuff this show is very impressive. The story line is great. The mysteries of the island are quite cool also. The lifes of the characters that are revealed in flashblacks was a very smart idea it gives you a whole different perspective towards each character. I the twists and shocking moments they have on the show. It is a must watch. I don't see how anyone can hate it. I do admit it can get confusing for some people, i wasn't confused at all. One of the most spectacular tv shows!

#1
  • Amazing shows! A must if you like mysteries and discoveries!

You've got to feel lost to love it! Well, at least at the beginning (the first seasons). At first, you are submerger by unanswered questions, so many mysteries, so many truths to be told. You ARE lost! But then, questions got answered, truths are told and it feels good! Everything is connected and everything has got a reason, an history behind it. The show was fully and completely thought of, every detail counts, every sentence counts, every encounter changes the continuation. Some say it's rubbish because it's unreal...lol..who says it wasn't? Personally, I love it and I want more!! I want to be lost
  • The best tv show...most possibly ever

I have to be honest: I wanted to hate this show so badly when I saw previews for it. It looked like some generic show with wooden characters that would be better suited for a mini-series or movie than a multi-season TV show. I didn't even start watching it until February 2008. I was mildly interested because a few of my friends really enjoyed it, so I started watching episodes online until I caught up. How wrong I was.

LOST is not just the best show on TV today. It could very well be the best show to ever have aired, period. The character development is superb and continuous; even when you think you've figured out everything there is to a character, they throw a new wrinkle into it. The traditional storytelling device of the flashback is used frequently throughout the first 3 seasons, but the introduction of the flashFORWARD in Season 4 really turned things on its head. Just when you thought they had no more innovation left in which to tell the story, they introduced multiple story arcs from different time periods and incorporated time travel to make everything fit together brilliantly. The constant mystery and suspense are second to none. I will say that Season 3 was a bit slow and definitely stands out as the weakest of the bunch. I see now, though, that the build-up was all necessary when they reached the halfway point to start divulging real answers in Season 4 and onward. This is how real shows should be: dynamic and consistently re-inventing themselves over the course of the show so nothing gets too stale. Just when you think you've seen everything the show can possibly throw at you (and I've reached that point at least 8 times now), they come up with something new, innovative, and genius to keep things going.
  • The greatest show ever. No, the greatest anything ever.

Lost is seriously my favorite thing ever. No joke. Everything about it is perfect. Every episode, every character, everything that happens is perfect.

I can't even begin to describe how much I love this show really. I mean, i've watched it from the first episode and it has been my favorite since then. I didn't really want to review it because I don't think I can properly express my feelings.

The story is unlike anything else. Full of drama, mystery, and everything else you want. Some people say it's too confusing, but maybe they're not smart enough to follow the complex storylines. Sorry, but it's true.

The word of Lost is huge, because of the work that the writers put in to the mythology that surrounds the show.

The characters are all amazing, and each one has a unique backstory. I feel like I know all of these characters, and the actors who play them will forever be known to me as their characters.

Oh yeah, and the community of fans is amazing too. Just check out Lostpedia, it has everything you want to know about the show and more, and is full of people who are just as obsessed as I am. It's actually the only place I discuss the show because i'm afraid that other people won't know enough about it.

This whole review is out of order, but it doesn't matter, i'm just writing as it comes to me.

Hmm...what else is there to say? I dunno, I just wish everyone in the world would accept this as the greatest thing ever. It makes me sick to my stomach that some people think that this is anything less.
  • Best thing on tv...by far. Youll need to keep up with it but its most rewarding if you do!

Lost is in a league of its own. Definitely the best thing on Tv within recent years. If you like the unpredictable, and enjoy the mysterious then its a must see. You cannot miss any of it.. not that you would want to because once you watch its hard to stop and you'll want to see everything thats going on. Be prepared that thinking yourself into oblivion about whats going on comes hand in hand with Lost, so be prepared to absolutely thrive on it. I personally will be savouring all six seasons on dvd indefinitely when it ends next year (2010).
  • My favorite show ever!

When I started watching the show I got hooked right away, and I think the show is only getting better. I am really looking forward to see how it ends.

I love the fact that you have to use your head (much more) than many other shows, and Lost is great written and have great actors/actresses.
    I love that Lost leaves us with questions, and that its not common in tv shows - its different than most shows and I love that! My favorite part of Lost is all the mystery there is going on, then there is the character development and the time travel which also is great.

I can't find one thing that I dont like about the show (maybe just one :))- it is a little stressfull to not having a clue to whats going on. But after the 4th season I started to have an idea of what its all about, and I cant wait to see if Im right :)
  • Lost is one of the greatest Drama's on the air. With it's confusion, suspense, twists and turns, it just makes it an action packed fun thriller ride. Better every season with a great Script and great actors. **SPOILER ALERT****

Lost is a show about many different people from America, England, Australia and even Africa were they all were at Sydney airport and where catching Oceanic flight 815 from Sydney to L.A. It then Crashes on a mysterious Island that appears to be unknown, after a while all the survivors from the plane crash start to think that maybe the rescue people aren't coming to save them. They eventually find things like Wild Boar, Guava and fruit to eat. The Island then becomes weirder and weirder. They then find out that there is a group of people on the Island called ''The Dharma Initiative'' a group that started in the 70's and have been living their ever since. Up until the end of season 4, their are people who then get off the island who are then refered to as ''The Oceanic 6'' when they land they lie about all the other survivors who are still their. After a while they all start to come together because they all have to go back, as they then crash on the island the island kept going through time and once they got their they became part of ''The Dharma Initiative'' they all had their own jobs and that's what the show is up to. Lost is really great because it's so much more then just people getting off an Island. It shows how they're surviving, friendships, relationships and crazy stuff that is happening on the island. What is also great is that in the old episodes it shows flashbacks on characters and how they all came together in Sydney to catch the flight. Lost is a brilliant show that everyone should enjoy even though it's ending after season 6. It's a lot of fun that I reackon people will love. Some people say it's gone past it's prime. But I think that it is better every season. The future of Lost will hopefully still be good because season 5 is solid as a rock!
  • A plane crashes on an island, and no one comes to help. The survivors lives are just beginning, with monsters, hostiles, time travel, and a few love triangles to boot....

Each episode is tied with flashbacks, and (later) flash forwards on the island. Season 1, September 22nd, 2004, Oceanic Flight 815 crashes over the Pacific, and as the survivors wait for help, slowly, it dawns on them that they are not alone. A huge smoke monster terrifies the survivors, and a strange hatch is found, A french shipwreck survivor 16 years ago, leaving an SOS on a loop which has never been found, mysterious numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 linkning the hatch and the numbers used on a lottery, by an ex psychiatric patient....

Season 2, The tail section of the flight is introduced, and eventually killed off, pregnancy on the island is an issue, the Others are noted, and strengthened with the introduction of Benjamin Linus, A time traveller called Desmond, and his quest for his lost love, two people are granted permission to leave, and remains of a statue are located....

Season 3, three characters are inprisoned and escape, and more Others are introduced including Juliet, the fertility problem is expanded, Naomi arrives searching for Desmond, but the freighter she is on, in the distance, bears a secret, and Locke does not want them to leave, having finally diabled Rousseau's SOS....

Season 4, The crew of the freighter arrive on the island, with disastourous consequences for all including Rousseau, Alex and Karl, 6 people get off the island, (but how?) and Benjamin Linus uses the wheel hidden in the islands base.... Season 5 .................
  • ****LOST****

lost is a very nice show and i watched it since season 1 and it become one of my favorite show i like about it the mystery the most if i missed one of the episodes i can't understand what is happening but i never missed any episode and i hope i won't until now there is thinks that i don't know about it like the black smoke what it is ??
    i think season 3 is the best season of the show
    I believe that the product worked very much in the series to produce such a series
    i like all the cast but jack , kate and Juliet the most
    i think it's a great series to watch at all the times
  • A show where anything can happen at any time or place and frequently does, which creates a constant desire to feel at ease, that is never really satisfied.

Lost was great for the first few seasons, the writers would gently push us into a world we knew nothing about, they would seduce us into belief. Now, every week they ask you to swallow 500 large pills of rediculous! In all fairness this problem really started to get bad when the network started messing with the shows schedule and number of seasons. You never knew when the show was going to be on, and then suddenly there it was, beyond that ABC suddenly decided to abandon the show when it was one of the networks top rated. This action forced the writers/creators to accelerate everyones story line into hyper drive and leave out all the juicy details and tantalizing anticipation we sooo loved about LOST. The acting is usually quite stellar, especially considering what these actors are suppose to make us believe. The direction is pretty good though it becomes the same. The Direction of Photography is absolute art!
  • I've been with this show since the pilot and it's absolutely amazing. Lost is one of those series that you crave.

The characters are perfect, If I were to crash on a mysterious island I would want it to be with the lost cast. All of the connections are clever: the numbers, the characters unknowing encounters, the literature, the episode titles, etc. While some aspects of this show are confusing to say the least, it is most definatley worth it to commit, and eventaully you won't think anything of it when a polar bear turns up, Desmond sees the future, an entire island disappears, and the losties live in the 70's for awhile.Lost will always keep you at the edge of your seat, predicting what will happen next and always wanting more.
  • To describe LOST in short is nearly impossible, as the story is one of the most complex and innovative around. The show follows a group of strangers, stranded on an island, who face to face their past demons while trying to find rescue.

The simple concept of a group of strangers who crash on an island, each with their own fleshed out back stories and problems, soon turns into a fantastic adventure of mystery and intrigue. You can watch this show for just about anything. There's mystery (a lot of it!), drama, suspense, sci-fi, romance, and just about anything else you could expect from a great TV show. Both the plot and characters are complex and interesting, so if the island action isn't your thing, you have the intense and emotional character struggles to be amazed with. The acting is top notch, especially from such Emmy nominated actors as Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson. The writing team, lead by showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, consistently deliver some of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. LOST is truly a magnificent show and is guaranteed to make you laugh, cry, and make your jaw hit the floor with its frequent and exciting twists. The twists and turns along the way make for one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had while watching a TV show. Chances are you've probably heard all about LOST, and have never given it the time of day. Maybe the concept isn't that appealing to you, but I promise you that whatever you expect from this show isn't what you're going to get. This isn't just any TV show, it's an experience unlike no other. I highly recommend this to any fan of TV.
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12