Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 85 of 88

• Best show on TV.

Lost is easily the GREATEST show on tv right now.

From it's fun cast, to great storylines, this show has everything.

Every Wednesday, I'm glued to my tv as I watch the new episodes, as well as the reruns. Then I get on-line and come to tv.com(tvtome when it was open), and spend at least an hour talking about the show. Later that same night, I often rewatch the episode, and write down stuff I missed the first time, and get up early and post some more.

If you haven't had a chance to watch this show, check out the reruns during the summer.

You'll Love it
  • Mysterious,interesting and down right frustrating but I love it. Top notch characters and stories.

Each week takes you further into the mystery of the island. Where are they? Who are they? What entities or people's inhabit the island with the survivors? Are they all part of a big plan or are they just castaways with a lot of bad luck? If you like nail biting frustration. Lost is your show.
  • An airplane crashes on an island in the middle of nowhere filled with secrets and mysteries. The survivors struggle to live as the island reveals itself, bit by bit, with dangers and hazards these survivors never expected.

J.J. Abrams obviously is a genius. "Lost" is a frickin' masterpiece!

It's strengths lie in the drama and mystery. Some episodes are so powerful they move my heart and soul, which rarely occurs. My favorite episode that demonstrate's "Lost" to its full dramatic effects was Walkabout. Learning about Locke's disability and how the island helped overcome it was very very powerful. Then there's the mystery, which makes "Lost" very addicting. You just want to know the secrets of this mysterious island, and the plot thickens and gets dipper with every episode. The first time I watched Numbers, I was blown away with the fact that Hurley's cursed numbers were on the hatch. I just wanted the hatch opened so that my curiousity could be satisfied... I can't wait for season 2 so that all these endless questions can be answered. What is Walt's mysterious power? Why did the Others take him? What's in the damned hatch?

Coupled with some terrific actors and new faces, "Lost" is a really fresh example of a perfect cast. My favorite would have to be the guy who plays John Locke (forgive me because I don't know his name). He puts a signature mysterious and renegade personality into Locke. Everyone else is great, playing characters that are so diverse and have different histories that there is never a dull moment.

ABC has harbored a hit, and it's called "Lost." If you're looking for drama, mystery, suspense, excitement, etc. - LOST delivers, and it packs a punch!

*****/***** EXCELLENT
  • The best thing to come along in years!

I am thoroughly addicted and can't get enough. Everytime I think I know what's going to happen, I'm stumped again. The cast is perfect and I feel like I've known them forever. This show draws you in and then keeps you guessing until you want to scream...but you love it at the same time. I'm counting the days until it starts up again!
  • Best show on prime time

this is by far one of the best shows in the entire world. I love it! I can't wait for the next season it is going to be awesome! the season finale was incredible. hurley is probably my favorite character on the show. but charlie is pretty close. and so is walt.
  • Instant classic, but not for everyone; Lost is a brilliantly unconventional show that is slower than most action shows, and is extremely character driven. Each show focuses on a mystery, main character, and their back story. I highly recommend this show i

Lost is a fantastic show, and one of the best I have seen since I started watching The Shield last year. I watched the entire season of Lost (all 26 episodes) in three days: it's that addicting.

That said, the show is not for everyone. I screened it with some friends who gave up on it after only one episdoe. The show is very slow for people used to action and gun fights. There is very little romance and very few gunfights. The show is entirely character driven, which is actually quite refreshing since most shows these days are more action or reality based.

The entire first season is essentially creating the groundwork for what will definitely be a long run on network TV, and there are countless subtle hints and tricks in each episode.

In short, give Lost four episodes to win you over. If it doesn't get you addicted by then, then it probably never will.
  • 42 castaways (possibly more) on a deserted island have to survive loss of food, a monster, a crazy french lady, the others, and each other.

This show makes me cancel all of my plans on Wednesday nights. It reminds me of those serials during the early days of cinema. The structure of each episode is really interesting. The only thing that kept me from giving the show a perfect 10 is that they are soooo stingy with new information.
  • This show is excellent well written and keeps you guessing what will happen next. There are no meaningless episodes like most shows, each one has a story to tell that will impact a future episode. If you haven't seen it check it out, quality television th

This show is excellent well written and keeps you guessing what will happen next. There are no meaningless episodes like most shows, each one has a story to tell that will impact a future episode. If you haven't seen it check it out, quality television that you want regret watching
  • By far the best show on television. Lost Outstandingly Superior Television

The writing is amazing, the cast is top notch, the scenarios are practically endless. You may be watching the Desparate Housewives, but you should watch LOST. No show on TV has been this good in years. If you havent watched it yet, do yourself a favour and watch the best television show being made today.
  • Lost!!!

Once again, JJ Abrams has another hit on his hands. Just like Alias, this show is full of suspense and twists and turns, never letting the viewer down. Daniel Day Kim is a superb actor and does great for not having any english lines in the show at all. The entire cast is perfect.
  • Plane crashes ona mystic islands, tangled romances and thrilling back stories keep this drama alive

I love it, its great, Me and my family watch it every wensday, its a great show, the episodes are dark and gritty, the romance is tangled, and the back stories get better every epidode, I will rush out and buy this DVD set when it comes out.I thought this was gonna be a stupid Gilligans Island remake but I was wrong again, Truly and amizing show, the mystery of that monster and the season finale was heart stopping. Nothing else belends action, adventure,and drama better than Lost.
  • Wonderful!

I have watched this show since mid season because I originally thought the show was going to be a waste of time. A friend turned me on to the show and ever since I haven't been able to stop watching and following it. It's mysterious characters and their pasts are great to follow.
  • Lost is about the passenger of a plane crash on a tropical island, but there is more to this mysterious place than meets the eye. They must work together in order to survive.

Never have I been so captivated and obsessed with a show, it is the greatest thing on tv. And to those of you who don't like it, you probably just can't understand it, so why not try something simpler, perhaps spongebob? Like it or not lost is one of the most popular show on television.
  • Absolutely the best series on TV.

Absolutely the best series on TV. Everything is as perfect as it can possibly be—great storyline, direction, actors, locations, and music.

The format of introducing the characters thru flashbacks of their lives before the crash works extremely well. We, the viewers, never get to know too much about them at once, and there always remains something new to learn about their backgrounds.

Nothing on the island is what it seems to be, or what it should be. I can hardly wait for the next season to begin this fall—to learn what is inside the hatch, and what happened to the people on the raft.
  • Superb writing

When Lost came out i didn't expect it to be so good, the first 3 episodes don't even match half the quality of the next ones!! Superb writing, amazing story! i really hope this show is here to stay! After episode 4 i was glued to the tv completely addicted and always counting the minutes, seconds till the next episode! All the stuff around the characters, all the flashback, all the coincidences, every particular story is just amazing! could have done better with the monster though, even not seing it yet, i really think it could be a lot better! :D
  • One of the most captivating TV Shows of the moment..

It's the clever suspense that makes Lost the actual #1 Returning Series TV Show on TV.com. A very well written script and a experienced cast brings to the screen one of the most captivating TV Shows of the moment.
    But will it last? Trying not to be skeptical, I think that a plot like Lost's is trully difficult to maintain. I really hope that J.J. Abrams and D. Lindelof prove i'm wrong and keep those good episodes coming, as they have 'til now.
    I'm waiting for the 2nd Season, guys! :P
  • Lost, the greatest show to ever grace our television screens? I'm not sure butit certainly is the cleverest.

Lost is the epitomy of televisual cool, it goes against all the rules, yet somehow stays grounded- and popular. The internally baffling mystery which encircles the 46 (or is it 45 i can't remember:P) survivors is not actually the key to the mystery, although it is certainly enticing. For me the real interest is simply the mystery of the characters themselves. I mean that in some pseudo-freudian manner, because these characters (except Kate, because... well... her story is boring) are some of the most 3 dimensional characters ever developed, especially on TV. The verisimilar back stories add a certain element which connects the audience much more prominantly with the characters themselves. We get inside their heads and we can see why they behave the way they do, because of past experiences. This is something which (on this grand scale anyway) has never been attempted before in this specific medium, and certainly not with this amount of characters.
    The central mystery is engrossing, but i fear it has too much build up and will end up like the final Matrix film with a cop-out ending. However my fingers are crossed for the meaning of life, maybe:P
    All in all a very, very, very fine first season; and if Television history serves us well, it can only get better as it ventures into a second season and beyond.
  • Every episode leaves me breathless.

This is one of best show i've ever seen. Every episode leaves me breathless and i can't wait to see the next. The three part of season finale is just great and i just wanna see season 2! JJ Abrams did an amazing work putting this serie on the air. The cast and characters are simply great. Everyone of them got their own story and personality very well done. props to the writers. I really hope this show can win some awards, maybe golden globes even, because it really deserves it! Nothing similar has never been done and for being the first time for such a show the results are just great. Thanks to ABC, JJ ABrams, the writers and of course the actors.
  • Survivors of a plane crash fighting for survival on a tropical island. Full of strange people and strange happenings

I never expected this show to be so good. This show keeps you on the edge of your seat with every episode. I love the flashbacks on each person's life before the crash. You get more insight into the individual characters. Then you have the "others" on the island who are coming for them. You have the French lady who takes off with Claire's baby. We lose one of the "Island" hunks, Boone. After the season finale, I'm ready for the season premiere of Season 2!!
  • Boldly going nowhere.

When this show started I was really excited - I am a big fan of Alias and I was hoping that another show by the same creator would be as good as Alias or better.

It started out great, but halfway through the season it began to go downhill - there was virtually no plot and while some of the flashbacks were interesting, most of them were just filler.

It became very clear that the writers had no idea of where the story was heading and were just treading water to somehow get to the end of the seasons.

Many plotlines were opened, many questions were asked - but in the terrible season finale we didn't get a single answer.

Too bad.
  • I was hooked from the start its the best new show on ABC but the screts are very kept I'm still wondering what's really going on that Island.

Too many Secrets!!!!!!!!!

I keep wondering what is up on tht island why are they all there and what is going too happen. life on that island is very different now they all will become a family. its the best show on wednesday nite it should stay on tht nite for ever.
  • I wish I was lost

I love the concept of lost, since some of my other favorite's are Gilligan's Island and Survivor, and if you like the concept of being stranded in the Pacific, you will enjoy this. At first I thought it would be a weird, sc-fi fantasy, and it is. But the acting really brings you away from thinking that this is unrealilstic. Matthew Fox is great as Jack, and deserves an Emmy. The flashbacks are also fantastic, not only for giving you background information, but for showing you why the castaway may have made a decision while on the island. Lost also gives you great cliffhangers,like what will happen to Walt? I can't wait for season 2.
  • What started off as a great show ended up leaving you asking too many questions and not getting answers to any of them. It's obvious to me the story does not know where it's going.

What started off as a great show ended up leaving you asking too many questions and not getting answers to any of them. It's obvious to me the story does not know where it's going. I was hoping that it would continue to impress me every week but near mid season the writers threw in too many twists without answering any of them by the season finale. I wouldn't say it was a waste of time but it was dissapointing.
  • A great cast, a great plot = A GREAT SHOW!

The first time I heard about Lost, I wasn’t that interested in the show. The story didn't attract me and I thought "Why would I watch that?"

At the end, I decided to give it a shot and watched the pilot episode, surprisingly the show really impressed me and I was looking forward to the next episode!

The whole story of a plane crash uniting 15 awesome characters in one place (with other survivors of course) is really great! Each one of them has his/her own past full of secrets and maybe some dirty work! But this doesn't matter anymore when they are among more than 40 survivors struggling for their lives in an island that nobody knows about full of horror and scary events! Relationships start to develop between the characters and the stories gets better within each episode!

The only thing missing in the show is a love story between any of the characters. Jack and Kate (which are the main characters I guess) look great together, but they didn't get anything, not even a kiss!

I hope next season such a thing will happen! "Lost" is very recommended if you like original shows with a great plot and awesome cast (I think everyone does!)
  • on the edge of my seat. i love shannon

this show is always keeping me going for more. i can never wait for a new episode. the sudden twists and plot devlopments are great. i can't wait for the dvd set to come. i can't wait for season two. and what about shannon, (maggie grace), who doesn't want to be on an island with her.
  • i justt started t watch this summer

i just started watching this summer it's hard to wait a week for a new episode i wish the dvd came out before sept 6th but i watch it every week.

my wife tuned me into it i watched other shows (Fox) on wensday when i should of been watching this
  • Most Exciting show show in a long time!

Im not a big fan of the whole adventure drama series or whatever this fits under, but its exciting. And after watching one episode it becomes like a drug and ull have to do it again. At the beginning of the series I was confused but after the characters started to develope I thought wow this cast fits together great and the excitment just keeps on coming. I also find it very funny! And original!
  • Really a great show, it has it al!

One of the best shows I've seen so far. It has it all, not only a great script but also a GREAT cast.

You've gotta love the misterious script and sometimes I've got the feeling the writers don't know themselfs where the story is going, but that keeps it fresh I guess :)

Anyway, I think everybody should watch this show!
  • Why I like Lost. And why everybody should see the show.

I'm a spanish fan, so sorry about my english.

First of all, I will talk about why I think Lost is one of the best tv shows.
    When I saw the Pilot, I was impressed, i like it, but I didn't like it so much, it just was a good beginning. Anyway, that "Lostzilla" thing was amazing.

Then, with the third episode arrived my big surprise. Lost was great! With that Kate's episode I discovered that Lost was more than just a few plane's survivors. It's always the lifes of the passengers, their secrets... That's the big deal with Lost.

I think Lost wouldn't be so good without the flashbacks. Without them, Lost would be just a tv show, it wouldn't be a show everybody should see, and enjoy it.

To sum up, I will say that discover Lost has made me think that tv shows can catch you. And Lost won't let you go away soon...
  • Addicting, but not exactly satisfying

I started watching this show after I already had all of the episodes recorded, so I\'ve been watching 2 to 4 episodes a night for the last few days.

Pluses: Lots of mysterious characters that you learn about, bit by bit. Usually each new episode focuses to a large degree on a specific character while a flashback side-story gives you some details on why that character was on the plane. Also, lots of hints about larger mysteries on the island, but not much substance. It\'s just the first season but the show has lots of potential.

Minuses: Given the larger number of characteres, plot development is incredibly slow as they usually focus mainly on one character per episode. I\'m 14 episodes into the show and when I really think about it, lots of questions have been raised but few if any of them have been answered. Maybe that\'s part of the \"hook\", but I\'m suspecting the writers are more focused on stringing you along than actually telling a good story.

Obviously it built up a lot of buzz for the first season, but unless they reveal a bit more of the plot and story and stop all of the teasing, I think people will conclude that the show is really just great marketing of an average product.

Of course, by the time I get to the end of the first season I may change my opinion, but I don\'t think so.

Also, I\'m very disappointed with their incredibly fake looking \"animals\". I was having flashbacks to the B horror movies or tv shows of many years ago where they try to generate a sense of terror by zooming in and out on a stuffed animal head to make you think it\'s a attaching someone. Any sense of drama they\'ve built up turns to disgust and a feeling of having been insulted as soon as I see those \"scary animals\". Maybe next year\'s budget will include some money for acceptable special effects.

Follow-up: I just finished watching the entire first season. They did a pretty good job on the final 3 episodes and the last one ended with enough substance that I'm looking forward to the next season. It should be interested to see if the pace picks up and is maintained or they slow back down to the slower pace of the earlier episodes.