Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews page 87 of 88

• Survivors of Oceanic Flight 815, which has mysteriously crash landed on an island, must work together to keep eachother alive and get off the island. All while watching out for mysteries presented to them by the island itself and their fellow survivors...

Just by hearing, the concept of a group of people who crash land on an island you would think Lost is done before it even airs. However, many factors make Lost one of the greatest shows of all time. First, the cast and characters, which is superb due to many things, like diversity and chemistry. Bringing together different cultures like Asian (Sun and Jin), Arabian (Sayid), Australian (Charlie), African-American (Michael and Walt), among other ethnic groups. Certain characters possessing humor (Hurley), mystery (Locke), and ruggedness (Sawyer) also play a key role in the show. The second factor that makes Lost so appealing is the various plots. Most episodes have a story in a story. Relationships between characters add to the effect of the mysteries of the island. From the very beginning, the audience is subjected to the survivor’s constant struggle to get off the island, and struggle to stay alive while on the island. Among other storylines are the mysterious monster that reeks havoc on the island, polar bears, a crazy French woman, a distress call, a seemingly impenetrable hatch, and towards the end of the first season the threat of ‘the others’. The third reason why you should ‘get Lost’ is the character developments through the use of ‘backstories’. Each episode, some of a character’s life before boarding Oceanic Flight 815 is revealed. These stories reveal things to the audience that some of the other survivors might not even know. For instance, one of the survivors is a lottery winner, one is a fugitive of the FBI, one was in a wheelchair before the crash, and another is on a quest for a long lost love. The final reason why I love Lost is how it makes you think, and you constantly want answers to the questions it posses – you want to know what is coming next. Ending a fabulous first season, the creators and writers have answered some questions and left you wanting to know what is going to happen next. For those who want in on Lost but think it is not possible, watch it, you might catch on, watch the reruns, or buy the complete 1st season DVD collection, which is being released this September. In the end, we all want to know where the survivors are, is there a reason they are on the island, and does it all come down to the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. If you do not know what those numbers are, you will have to watch the show to find out!!!
  • Best and most original show on TV

This is a fresh show that breaks many television trends and is a continual surprise. I appreciate the mysteries which in my mind help keep the show interesting. I can understand why some people would be frustrated by the lack of answers to each new mystery, but I am willing to wait the show out and see where this is going. I think that this is probably one of the best that has ever been aired, and I am in it for the long haul.
  • Early pacesetter, but fizzled out

When Lost first screened, it was excellent. The premise was unique as far as TV dramas go, and the style of focusing on individual character's histories in each episode helped one feel drawn to each character. However towards the end of the season, the show's writers seemed to lack inspiration as they seemed to attempt to draw the show out as long as possible. I think the show would've been a classic as a 1-season limited series, the later episodes in the season were absolutely average, and the finale was an utter disappointment.
  • Lost is good, the reviews on this page speak for themselves, as do the ratings. What concerns me is the possibility it just won't be able to last. How long can we have people running around on an island before it gets old?

Lost is entertaining and it's reasonably intelligent. In much the same fashion as the original season of Alias, it doesn't spell any of the "answers" out - they're there, you just need to look. It's not like Desperate Housewives in that regard.

Season one was good. At times it was merely average, but for most of the part it kept me entertained. But in the fashion of Alias, I'm beginning to suspect season two might not be that good - the story will go on and on about the "others" and the reason behind why the plane crashed. Throw in some more Biblical references and musings about fate versus free will, and they'll drag another three or so seasons out of this.

I just can't see this show staying good for a long time. As much as there's a lot of weird stuff on this island, at the end of the day it's still an island. It's big, but it's not huge. I don't think they're as free with this as they are with say, Alias.

The survivors have been on the island for forty days. How long are they going to be there? How long can they survive there without absoloutly hating the sight of each other? This is something the writers will need to eventually address if Lost is to go on much longer.
  • What would you do if you were stranded on a islan with people you dont know?

This show is one of the best shows i've watched so far, 1. it never makes you get bored of it. 2. you get to know everyones before life before the accident, 3. Theres alot of mysterys.. and cmon we all love mysteries... 4. Every episode gets better and better. what more can i say?
  • It really is a cutting edge show. When one question is answered, another still remains.

This show has potential. It makes you keep watching because so many questions remain unanswered. In that first episode we knew we had so much to learn about these characters to understand who they would become. As we learn about their past, their secrets are revealed and it gets us hooked. I just hope it picks up the pace a little next season.
  • A plane crashes into a tropical insland. A tropical insland with polar bears and weird eating-people-monsters. Now a bunch of strangers will have to become a family, to protect themselves from the secrets of the island and maybe, even from themselves.

From the start, this is being the best series in the season. Not only the plot is amazing and the turning points unexpected, but the cast is one of the best when it comes to drama/sci-fi. Don't miss a second of it or you'll regret it for life! A "Lord of the flies" tribute...
  • This show is AMAZING.

This show is AMAZING. Good acting and great plotlines make this show a must-see. Not to mention all the little intricacies you can spot if you are a dedicated fan. J.J. Abrams knows how to make a good show, and he's done it with Lost. If you haven't seen it, you are missing out.
  • Lost is truly an amazing show, I am blessed (or cursed) with a wife who manages to get every single plot twist worked out weeks before it happens... on Lost however... she is always stumped and my TV heaven is complete with a show she cannot possibly spoi

You name it, she's spoilt it... so much so, that I now watch 24, Desperate Housewives, Alias, etc, with her either being out, or locked in a soundproof room to stop her going, "You know that they're going to do *this* in the next few weeks, don't you?" or "wow, the President has been knocked out of the picture... my money's on a call to David Palmer!"

Damn you woman!

Lost is a saviour to all those who have partners like this... not once has this excellent show been ruined by a bad plot device.

C'mon - who expected the suprise body count at the start, the engine sucking in it's last victim or another "red shirt" being blown to bits while explaining the dangers of dynamite.

JJ Abrams deserves more awards than he can carry for this show and if any of you have seen the preview for season two... the summer seems a loooong loooong time to wait.

Peace out.
  • Fantastic!

'lost' is one of the best shows on TV at the moment. I dont usually watch shows like this, but I just cant stop watching this!!! It has fantastic characters, an amazing and interesting setting and an unbelieveable story line! The other night I dreamt that I was in the show! I can't stop watching it. I can't say enough about this AMAZING show!! I love it so much I actually named a fish after Dominic Monaghan who plays Charlie Pace!

rock on 'Lost' especially Dominic Monaghan!
  • LOST is by far the best drama on television. Even though LOST left us a killing cliffhanger it is still one of the top must see tv shows on television. It is my favorite show right now on television and i cant wait for season 2 to start.

LOST is a show where you have to watch every episode in order to get the whole season. thank god i have a friend that watches the show just in case i miss it so i can get the details from him. I give Lost a 10 out of 10 because of its creativity and suspence.
  • (Insert Chessy Review Title like "I'm totally Lost in this show!" or "I'd love to get Lost with Evangeline Lily!")

This show is what TV was made to be: Addicting. If you watch it once, you will most likely watch it again. There is no escaping it. You think about it, you talk about it, you worry about it, and you try and get other people to watch it. If there were more shows like this, we'd all be shut-ins.
  • I got LOST!

I was hyped about this show from the first preview I saw of it. It looked like a great show -- and it was! It was MY most-anticipated show I was looking forward to in the fall of '04. I dragged my father and sisters into getting into as well. Haha. Go me.

Anyways, the writing is awesome, the plots are great. If I remember correctly, I think that they originally only filmed like 13 episodes at first and then ABC bought more, and it can kind of tell, I think... a lot of the 'shocking revelations' that they've given us seemed to have decreased. I don't know if that was because they had to hurry and write scripts and whatnot to film, but the first season was satisfying. I am looking forward to the second season -- and I have HIGH expectations for it!
  • Excellent!

Great show with lots of things going on, never boring. I like how the story is told. Where every episode they tell you a little bit about each character, just enough to keep you guessing. Though I am wondering, in season 2, if Jorge Garcia who plays Hurley, will lose any weight? Cause if you watch Survivor, you can see what a month of living on an island with next to nothing can do to your body. So he better be losing some weight soon.. lol...
  • A cross between Gilligan's Island and Survivor

This show has it all. Mystery, intrigue, a little bit of comedy here and there. Evangeline Lilly is very watchable. You knmow hewr character is going to get together with Sawyer. It's all just a matter of time. They gotta get rid of that annoying kid though. He's a bad seed. They may have. We'll have to see next fall.
  • A Great Show That Every One Should watch.

Lost is a very good show. The acting isn't the best but it is very good. Every episode gets better and better. The finale is one of the best ones this season. The writeing is very good with many plot twists and surprises. The only thing thing that keeps this from getting a 10/10 is the flashbacks they add to the plot and are interesting but they come up to often. The bottom line is this is a great show that everyone should watch.
  • Truly a ground-breaking show due to the fact that it's not only original, but it's audience is put in a precarious position each week. Deciding who to trust, who to love, and who to hate.

We have just started watching this show, and we're addicted. We missed the first season, but hopefully we'll catch up over the summer, and be ready for season two.
    I think one of the best things about the show is it's ability to suck you in. You begin to think about what you would do if you were in their shoes.
  • Awesome, shocking and innovative.

A airplane crashes and the survivors are alone on an island, the idea is not new but this series really knows how to work with this plot. if you started watching the series you cannot stop. you want to watch the next episode right away. i was really suprised of that show being so good. its has so many miniplots going on and so many secrets are there to learn. im really really craving for season 2 because i really wanna know what is in that hatch :). as soon as this series hits the dvdstores over here im going to buy it right away.!
  • A look at one of the most influencial shows of this year. Looks at the characters and the overall story and if the show is worth watching for those new to it.

The Introduction
    Lost has continued to surprise me every week, and although the story that Alias genius, J.J. Abrams has provided (of which I wouldn't accept any less) is intreguing, I find the characters alone and the actors portrayal of them to be second to none. Why is this? Well firstly, Abrams has provided an excellent base for these actors to work with. The show has a broad genre of drama but Lost seems to breed a style of television all on its own. Each individual story has made styles made popular by shows such as 'The Twilight Zone'. Secondly, the emotion that each of these actors has brought to the small screen can only be described as five-star cinema quality.

The Show
    For those who are waiting for the DVD release of the show, you will catch on to the scenario before you finish the first disk. Plane crash, survivors, monster, there's no doubt that you will have heard the rumours. What you might not know is that there are questions underlying every individual, every link to the island, and even every episode's sub-story, which usually focuses on one-or-two characters. These characters and their individual stories is - I believe - perhaps the strongest aspect that the show has to offer.

The Actors
    I have never watched an episode of 'Party of Five,' so I can't proffer an opinion on Matthew Fox's growth as an actor between the two shows. I have however, seen Abrams' talant in his other shows 'Felicity' and 'Alias,' and, in my humble opinion, the acting difference between the three shows (Lost Vs. Felicity & Alias combined) is substantial. The only combarable link between the shows is Terry O'Quinn, who plays the less-than-charismatic John Locke. Whilst O'Quinn provides a steller performance as Director Kendall in Alias, within the first few episodes of Lost you will find O'Quinn's performance to be moving, reserved piece of acting. It is never overdone, and each sentance of dialogue is thought out so thouroughly that it is impossible to miss a week of this incredible action.

The Story
    whilst the sub-stories are what hold this show together, I have found the overall story-arc to be a little disjointed. The monster who makes his appearance in the first episode comes back erratically throughout the show, and there are also various little storylines (which I won't mention because the show is still running in places such as Australia and parts of Europe) that appear staggered throughout the series.

The Conclusion
    Whilst I believe that the format that Lost provides has set a standard which is yet to be matched or beaten, it does have some fine tuning to do before the show can be a bonafide classic. It's strong followers worldwide may disagree, calling it an instant classic - but if you're looking to see if Lost is for you, just be warned - it is addictive television, but the overall story may jump a little while.
  • great show but they dont reveal enough they allways leve it opern again and again

i think its a great show but its just so annoing how they all ways don get to see whats in the forest and maybe "lock" (sry if i splet it wrong)has seen it but when he got asked he said he hadnt seen it did he or did he not see it?
  • I love this show, but cliff-hanger caught me by surprise. Writers better have a really good explanation to "the Others"(if it's them) having a boat and still remain on island.

I love this show, but cliff-hanger caught me by surprise. Writers better have a really good explanation to "the Others"(if it's them) having a boat and still remain on island. Is it another dream scenario, where somebody wakes up with nightmare? I’m not saying that everything has to be 100% realistic, I like the idea of a monster (keeps suspension up) but seems to me that writers jump forward and back little too much. It’s like they don’t have a plan for next few episodes. Did the show become a smash hit to soon? Writers didn’t have time to find out where the show should go? Sometimes the island monster is a real threat and then it’s 5-6 episodes where there is no monster??

So far the show is more like a drama to me, idea of every person on earth have 4 links between them. And it is more telling each survivors personal story. It keeps me coming back for more. I can’t wait for next season to start. Give me more.
  • Bottom line: Lost is one of the best tv seires of this decade.

Lost is a fresh TV series, having just complete its first season. The story is set on an island where survivors of a plane crash struggle to survive and coexist with each other. The show has a diverse cast with great acting and the producers of the show did a great job portraying the previous lives of each character prior to the plane crash. Unlike most TV shows, Lost's episodes never fail to deliver; the end of each episode will leave you craving for more What's great about this show is that it blends comedy, mystery, action, adventure, romance and thriller all into one - there isn't anything not to like.

However, the end of the first season did not conclude much, with about 4-5 different cliffhangers that would only make any viewer of Lost crave for the next season to begin.
  • A plane crash, survivors, not knowing what your going to find around the bend. There's a little bit of everything on this show. Not knowing what or who's on that island is the biggest question of all. The strange numbers are the biggest mystery of all.

This is a great show. Each week leaves me wanting more. I expect excitement and suspense every week and I get it. It's a show definitely worth watching. Each of the characters lives are so interesting and the way they show them back before the crash is so very creative. The characters are all from so many different backgrounds and lead so very different lives. This so-called monster they keep not showing makes you want to come back for more. You really want to know what it is. You know it can't be a polar bear, cause they showed that. It sounds like a dinosaur, but there have been so many shows with dinos, it makes you think it won't be one. Just have to wait and see.
  • A plan leaving Sydney to LA crashes on an island and 48 survivors soon learn that the plan crash might not have been an accident and that they were ment to come to this mysterious island.

When I first heard of this show I thought oh no, not another "plan crashes on island and must find way back home" so I stayed out of it for a long time untill a friend of my conviced me to at least watch an episode of the series. So before I watched the episode I had very low expectations and I was blown away. It is absolutely amazing. It is always full of suprizes. This is the kind of show we want.
  • Great show

I love the way they show the back grounds of everyone on the show. the flash backs are great. I look forward to this show each and every week...when i cant watch it i DVR it. If there was ever a way to spend your wednesday nights ...this is it.
  • There is something to be said about a long movie.

Several series are very episode based, evil-of-the-week type of show (for example "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Charmed").

"Lost" does not have that.

The show is about a plane crash, in the middle of nowhere, on an island. They do not know where and they do not know how to get back to the "real world", they are lost. This far it sounds much like the movie "Alive", but in a different climate. But the comparison to "Alive" stops here.

As far as they know, they are the only people living on this island. But something strange is there with them, mysterious sounds coming from the forest, unseen creatures that chase them. Something is not quite right on this island.

With the background stories giving each character more depth. showing how they are connected, how they have met without knowing it. Each character also comes with a story. There is a medical doctor, a grifter, a convict, a millionaire, a drug addict. The list goes on. Some more able to adapt to their new situation and some in complete denial.

With the continous development of characters and the twists it is easy to want more. To need more. "Lost" has that movie quality, much like "24", everything is connected and waiting for the next episode is like having a movie on pause for a week, it is close to impossible.
  • When i first caught wind of this show before previews came on promoting the show i was a bit skeptical because how can u do a show surrounding people on a stranded island after a plane crash. Yes at first i didnt watch but no i'am hooked and love it.

In a place where so many questions are asked very little answers are given thats the reason why Lost is a brilliant show. JJ has definately done it again with this one not only is this a great show but it exceeds Alias. I've only watched the first two episodes and im hooked i only wished i wouldve watched it when it first came on. I love the story and how it tells you whats going on but really doesnt give you all the story which makes you think i love a good show where you have to think .
  • I'm gonna be honnest: when I frist saw the pilot of this now hit show, I was like, Oh my God, what the hell is this crap all about ?? So not realistic, too big, too much. But then I started to enjoy getting 'Lost' every week,... more and more...

Because despite all the things I was critizing at the beginning (that is so cannot happen, unreal...), even though I still beleive it, I don't care ! I mean this show is so great, so well-written, is a so Grab-you-by-the-throat-drama, with suspens and everything, that you end up forgetting about the unrealistic thing... You start seeing beyond that, and you cannont enjoy it more.

Now, it's a daily fix to me and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next !
  • This is good shit! I have'nt seen all the episodes, but the most of them, and the serie is so... great! Sry, but I can't express my self better... well... Its so exiting, chilling and the story is so perfectly told... You gotta be good if you wanna beat t

I loved the series in the beginning, but started to get a little bored after a while (don't ask me how, I thought they where repetive or someti'n) so I scipped some chapters. But now, I've start watching it againg, and now its better then ever... I just love that Sawyer guy. He has so many personalities, and I like his story. And Mr. Locke surley takes home the price of the coolest guy in a serie, with his attitude and his big knife... haha, joki'n... And, what the hell is it in the forest? And who are the crazy folks in the woods? Well, I think it's better to just whait and see.........
  • Lost was a favorite before I even saw an episode for the first time!

I loved this show before I even saw an episode. After the season finale had already aired, I decided to start watching it. The first thing I did was read all of the first season transcripts. Right when I did, I fell in love. All of the character's have secrets and problems they hide, the island is a total mystery, and everything gets better the more you learn. When I finally saw the pilot episode I was hooked and I know I will definately watch the rest of the series with great enthusiasm. I really can\'t wait for Season 2!