Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews (2626)

• People are a little too impatient on the unanswered questions that the series is displaying. Everything cannot be answered in one season.

In regards to "Lost", the entire first season was basically a foundation of where the series will go in upcoming years. It's hard for them to lay out many answers ans this is a show that is supposedly going to be on the air for many years. The mysteries have to keep piling up for the first season and will slowly get answered as the years go by.

The writers on this show are very smart and know exactly what they are doing. With a premise like \"Lost\" it has to be calculated on when things get revealed. The fact of being on a deserted mystery island has its limitations and yet has to be believably and action-packed at the same time. Just give it time beyond the first season. Only the foundation was being set this season. It will all come around in time for impatient viewers.
  • The tension, the jokes, the action, the... polar bears? Intrigued yet?

After two years of thumbing my nose at what could be the second greatest artistic medium ever created (the first being literature, of course), I was intrigued by an add while getting a glass of water. A plane crash? On an island? Interesting. And of course, Matthew Fox. Even more interesting. My mind was snagged.

From the first episode I was hooked, laughing with the Lostaways, crying with them, in fear with them. How could fourteen people work their way into my life so completely, so successfully, that I barely even noticed the change?

If you haven't watched this or you watched part and didn't "get" it, maybe it's time for you to try. From the slightly shady pasts lurking over everyone's shoulder to the danger of the island to the great friendships being created, LOST has it all. Romance, danger, tension, action, comedy, science fiction, and mysteries. Oh, the mysteries.

If you haven't heard it yet, and even if you had and can't stand to hear it again: Get Lost.
  • This is one of the most interesting shows on TV

I don't know if this is true for anyone else but this show reminds me of the old PC game "Myst". I never fully got through Myst and it always seemed like I wandered around on the island and found things whose purpose I never really knew. It was always a little out there and had a certian mythical aspect.

I find all these same traits in Lost. There are things on and about the island that never seem to be fully explained. The metal hatch, the smoke, the french woman, the spooky creatures, etc. It is like a puzzle that never seems to be fully solved.

Having said all that, it really seems to work. The stories and acting are first class and it always seems to challenge your thinking. It is a very special show and my only question is how the story lines will hold up after a couple of years.
  • Enjoyable despite slow-moving plot and annoying schedule.

I don't know what to think of this show. It has good production values, good acting, and an interesting premise. As I watch each episode, I can't deny that I enjoy it.

However, often times when an episode is over I feel like I've wasted an hour. The story hasn't progressed forward at all, and sometimes even seems to move backwards. Not every episode is like this, but it was more often than not in the second half of the season that nothing of consequence or surprise happened.

I understand they can't explain everything in one season, but I can't help but feel that they're trying to stretch the show out as much as possible and it's suffering for it. They could've easily accomplished the same amount in 18 episodes as they did in 25, and it'd be a lot more enjoyable that way. The staggered, uneven airing of new episodes also didn't help the feeling that things were not being revealed quickly enough.

The frequent (and time-consuming) flashbacks rarely reveal anything of note about the characters, but I do like seeing what was happening in their lives before the crash. And as I said, I enjoy watching the show. Despite its flaws, I'll keep coming back for more.
  • Lost is a show that brings together different people and shows how they can all be alike in some way. A great show that will make you ask a whole bunch of questions , but it gives hardly any answers. That is what keeps me watching Lost.

Lost is one of those shows you really never thought could be so good. It show that is different from other shows in that it can make you: happy, sad, laugh, yell, and even scared. This is a great show to watch on Wednesday when you just can’t wait ‘till the end of the week. The show makes you think and wonder: “What in the world is happening on that island?” Even though its cliché, I just love getting LOST with this show.
  • Gilligan's Island meets Survivor meets Land of the Lost meets the Twilight Zone

I was hooked from the first minute of the first episode. I look forward to Wednesdays when Friday used to be my favorite day of the week. I'm disappointed when the hour is over and immediately begin counting down until the next episode. I enjoy talking to others about the show and speculating about the "hidden meanings" of things which may or may not even have hidden meanings. I totally recommend this show! Bring on season 2!
  • A whole new genre on its own. Simply AMAZING. One of the greatest television epics this past decade.

14 Strangers, each with a purpose, each with a past board Oceanic Flight 815 en route to Los Angeles from Australia. The plane crashes. This is their story. An estranged doctor, an evasive convict, a father taking home the son he just met, a brother just trying to care of his sister, a good-natured Iraqi, and more.

Their past unravels. A twist every episode. As each episode goes on, you learn more about each person. What they did to get there. Where they were going. And why they were going to go there. Day by day, they learn about each other, and more importantly try to learn about the island. Suspense and mystery ensue as each person has their own dark secret.

How did they land here? What brought them here? Was it fate that brought them together? Or maybe just luck? Where are they? They're lost.

Along with 24, and a few others, one of the best TV shows in over a decade.
  • Originally created by ABC to be a drama based on the reality show Survivor.

\'Lost\' was orginally created by ABC to be a drama similar in tone to \'Survivor\'. JJ Abrahms brings his own plot twisting to the genre and Lost has easily surpassed just being a bad Survivor retread.

The show can prove difficult to get into if you get behind on viewing or strart in mid-season.
  • Lost is one of the most breathtaking series im watching right now!

After a big publicitary campaign from Sony Entretainment Television and AXN, two cable channels from Latinamerica, and with a little Scepticism i started watching Lost, the results: I cant't stop now!

Lost inmediatly after the first few seconds (i'd say after the first one) catches your attention and as you watch you will find that everytime, there is something new! Everyone has secrets in the show, and many times the show has made my jaw drop.

Filled with suspense, action and even sometimes horror, this is one of the best shows i've watched in my life
  • Lost , about 40 surviors of a plane crash, all of them seem to be on the island for some reason though they dont know it yet.

Lost is an unbelievable show. Fox truly scored big with this, Great storylines, great Cast. It just keeps you wanting to watch more. The way that viewers know things that the characters don’t know , makes it more interesting. The fact that actors don’t even really know where the show is going till they get a script is cool in a sense they are as clueless as the audience. There are always bigger surprises around the corner, like in the season finale with the dynamite scene. The Survivors have been on the island for 40 days yet there is still so much of the island they haven’t seen and things they don’t know about. What is the Famous Monster, is it a living creature ? , who exactly are this others? These are just a few questions that viewers have to think about and hope to get answered in later seasons.
  • The best show on tv, thought provoking and intriguing. Only one minor flaw: the season finale was weak. Other that that a stunning show that puts all others to shame!

Lost is the kind of show that you will find yourself talking about between episodes and will keep you coming back for more. There's a LOT going on in these shows, look for the connections between the characters, to numbers and so on.
    There is no other show on TV at the moment that keeps me so interested!
  • What can i say wow, such a unique and a intresting pogramme.

Loved LOST it had me hooked, had great characters, i love hurley he's so funny. The programme will have you hooked every episode shows you knew things and watching the same episode twice gives you a diffrent perspective.
    i recomend LOST im sure it will become a classic, it could move a little quicker but i think thats how they make it so intense.

• Lost is about 48 survivors of Oceanic Flight 815, 1000s miles off course stranded on a desert island.

Lost is a show that has been thought about but the question was always how would you do it. JJ Abrams has finally answered. The questions and theme the writers have woven into the show will keep you watch. They have explored only 15 characters leaving 32 more characters to be explored. It is imaginative and smart. The major things needed to watch are there is a creature on the island with them, two the island brought them there for some reason, three they are not alone, and last but not least are the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42.
  • Got me hooked after the pilot.

Suddenly, there's a buzz abouth Lost and I quickly download the pilot. What an amazing series! The writers are very creative. Each episode ends bigger, and make you crave for the next. Phenomenal! Each main characters have their own story, mostly dark history. But personally I think the writers have to plan better, the recent season finale drives some fans angry because it left them with more questions than answers. If the writers constantly make more questions in every episode, than the fans will start to feel annoyed and left this very promising series. Nevertheless, I'm impressed with the first season and hope the coming season will be better. Keep up the good work!
  • Lost is an amazing show.

This show is amazing! I like how you think it may be predictable and it goes totally in another direction. I cannot wait until next season! It is my new wednesday night show, and I have to read every review and article about the cast and the show, it rocks!
  • This is by far the most interesting show on television. I watch it every Wednesday and if I missed it I would never forgive myself.

If you are one of the few people who don't like this show, you're too impatient for it. You can't expect to have all of the questions answered in one season! What the heck would they have to write about? Why would they want to come up with all of these different questions, it would just let all of you critics down again. How can you all say you didn't like it anyway, it kept you around all season didn't it? That's a sign of great writing. If they could keep you idiots around for twenty-something weeks, then it might as well get a 10. Anyway, for you people who love Lost as much as I do, you rock!
  • Lost: The Best Show on TV

This show in amazing, Im so tired of people bashing it for not answering any questions. They don't seem to understand that if they gave all the answers out then there wouldn't be a point to continuing this show, the writers/producers want this to last as long as they can, they do this for a reason, so you will come back and watch season 2. I thought the season finale was awesome.

This show has me hooked, I love how every episode ends on some sort of a cliff hanger, it keeps you guessing and thinking throughout the week untill the next episode comes around. This show in brilliantly written and executed. Anyone else who doesn't like it, stop complaining and change the channel because us Lost fans don't care.
  • Lost is amazing...

Im not really a fan of shows that deal with these types of things. When I first saw Lost, I thought it was going to be one of those shows thats completely dumb. Well...after watching the first two episodes, I was completely hooked. There is something different about this show that makes it interesting every time you watch.

This is one of the best shows on ABC and I hope that JJ Abrams does more shows like this. I cant wait too see the next season.
  • This show is all about cliffhangers, and that adds to the excitement and the experience of the show.

There are so many twists in Lost, that I can't even think to list them all. The cast of characters all have strange pasts and different reasons why they were "brought" to the island. Each person has different things about them that makes others not trust them. For example, Charlie, the Hobbit from the Lord of the Rings we formarly knew as Merry, has a previous obsession with drugs. He still sort of had it when he was in the island, but things quickly changed whenever he met the Preagnet girl Claire, who is a native Austrailian in the show. Going back to the show, Lost's season finale left us with the cliffhanger of Jack, the doctor, and John Locke, the box company employee opening a hatch with dynamite. They didn't show what was down the hatch, but we were left with the camera zooming down and down showing nothing but a ladder. Also, the end of the show also had other characters boat blown up while they were trying to escape the island. The cliffhangers add to the excitement in my opinion, and I can't wait for the new season to start in September-October.
  • I'm not sure if it will have legs, but the first season was brilliant.

How can you not love the show that gave us the line, "You've got some Arzt on you"? Lost started off with a powerful two hour premiere, but it's most impressive accomplishment has been maintaining that level of intensity for an entire season. Where it goes from here is unknown, but season one was a spectacular success.
  • The best show out there.

I love this show. I think it is well written and gives just enough answers to keep you watching because you want to find out more. I also like how we are given a look into each character\\\'s back story to get a feel for who they are. Some people find it confusing, but it\\\'s one of those shows that you have to watch from the beginning otherwise you\\\'ll end up even more LOST than had you been watching all along. ;)
  • Lost was a favorite before I even saw an episode for the first time!

I loved this show before I even saw an episode. After the season finale had already aired, I decided to start watching it. The first thing I did was read all of the first season transcripts. Right when I did, I fell in love. All of the character's have secrets and problems they hide, the island is a total mystery, and everything gets better the more you learn. When I finally saw the pilot episode I was hooked and I know I will definately watch the rest of the series with great enthusiasm. I really can\'t wait for Season 2!
  • This is good shit! I have'nt seen all the episodes, but the most of them, and the serie is so... great! Sry, but I can't express my self better... well... Its so exiting, chilling and the story is so perfectly told... You gotta be good if you wanna beat t

I loved the series in the beginning, but started to get a little bored after a while (don't ask me how, I thought they where repetive or someti'n) so I scipped some chapters. But now, I've start watching it againg, and now its better then ever... I just love that Sawyer guy. He has so many personalities, and I like his story. And Mr. Locke surley takes home the price of the coolest guy in a serie, with his attitude and his big knife... haha, joki'n... And, what the hell is it in the forest? And who are the crazy folks in the woods? Well, I think it's better to just whait and see.........
  • I'm gonna be honnest: when I frist saw the pilot of this now hit show, I was like, Oh my God, what the hell is this crap all about ?? So not realistic, too big, too much. But then I started to enjoy getting 'Lost' every week,... more and more...

Because despite all the things I was critizing at the beginning (that is so cannot happen, unreal...), even though I still beleive it, I don't care ! I mean this show is so great, so well-written, is a so Grab-you-by-the-throat-drama, with suspens and everything, that you end up forgetting about the unrealistic thing... You start seeing beyond that, and you cannont enjoy it more.

Now, it's a daily fix to me and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next !
  • When i first caught wind of this show before previews came on promoting the show i was a bit skeptical because how can u do a show surrounding people on a stranded island after a plane crash. Yes at first i didnt watch but no i'am hooked and love it.

In a place where so many questions are asked very little answers are given thats the reason why Lost is a brilliant show. JJ has definately done it again with this one not only is this a great show but it exceeds Alias. I've only watched the first two episodes and im hooked i only wished i wouldve watched it when it first came on. I love the story and how it tells you whats going on but really doesnt give you all the story which makes you think i love a good show where you have to think .
  • There is something to be said about a long movie.

Several series are very episode based, evil-of-the-week type of show (for example "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Charmed").

"Lost" does not have that.

The show is about a plane crash, in the middle of nowhere, on an island. They do not know where and they do not know how to get back to the "real world", they are lost. This far it sounds much like the movie "Alive", but in a different climate. But the comparison to "Alive" stops here.

As far as they know, they are the only people living on this island. But something strange is there with them, mysterious sounds coming from the forest, unseen creatures that chase them. Something is not quite right on this island.

With the background stories giving each character more depth. showing how they are connected, how they have met without knowing it. Each character also comes with a story. There is a medical doctor, a grifter, a convict, a millionaire, a drug addict. The list goes on. Some more able to adapt to their new situation and some in complete denial.

With the continous development of characters and the twists it is easy to want more. To need more. "Lost" has that movie quality, much like "24", everything is connected and waiting for the next episode is like having a movie on pause for a week, it is close to impossible.
  • Great show

I love the way they show the back grounds of everyone on the show. the flash backs are great. I look forward to this show each and every week...when i cant watch it i DVR it. If there was ever a way to spend your wednesday nights ...this is it.
  • A plan leaving Sydney to LA crashes on an island and 48 survivors soon learn that the plan crash might not have been an accident and that they were ment to come to this mysterious island.

When I first heard of this show I thought oh no, not another "plan crashes on island and must find way back home" so I stayed out of it for a long time untill a friend of my conviced me to at least watch an episode of the series. So before I watched the episode I had very low expectations and I was blown away. It is absolutely amazing. It is always full of suprizes. This is the kind of show we want.
  • A plane crash, survivors, not knowing what your going to find around the bend. There's a little bit of everything on this show. Not knowing what or who's on that island is the biggest question of all. The strange numbers are the biggest mystery of all.

This is a great show. Each week leaves me wanting more. I expect excitement and suspense every week and I get it. It's a show definitely worth watching. Each of the characters lives are so interesting and the way they show them back before the crash is so very creative. The characters are all from so many different backgrounds and lead so very different lives. This so-called monster they keep not showing makes you want to come back for more. You really want to know what it is. You know it can't be a polar bear, cause they showed that. It sounds like a dinosaur, but there have been so many shows with dinos, it makes you think it won't be one. Just have to wait and see.
  • Bottom line: Lost is one of the best tv seires of this decade.

Lost is a fresh TV series, having just complete its first season. The story is set on an island where survivors of a plane crash struggle to survive and coexist with each other. The show has a diverse cast with great acting and the producers of the show did a great job portraying the previous lives of each character prior to the plane crash. Unlike most TV shows, Lost's episodes never fail to deliver; the end of each episode will leave you craving for more What's great about this show is that it blends comedy, mystery, action, adventure, romance and thriller all into one - there isn't anything not to like.

However, the end of the first season did not conclude much, with about 4-5 different cliffhangers that would only make any viewer of Lost crave for the next season to begin.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10