Lost

ABC (ended 2010)

QuackIV

Lost Fan Reviews (2624)

• Lost yes.

One o fthe greatest shows ever. I love lost of much. Great storylines, convincing actors, and very well written. Of course I think we all could have done without the nikki and paulo story. Anyways, really great show, even though the end was very sad.
  • Most clever writers ever

The most clever thing these writers ever did was to write a show that is clearly about Purgatory, yet convince all of their fans that the show wasn't about Purgatory.
  • SIMPLY THE BEST

LOST is simply the greatest tv series of all time, Why? Well, I could say its because of the incredibly brilliant characters, flawlessly written and acted, Or I could say its because of the massively intriguing story, Or I could tell you about its geniusly unique non linear story telling technique, Or maybe even about the fact that LOST is more than what you see on screen, Lost asks the questions other shows are afraid to ask, Who are we? Why do we do what we do? What is our purpose? The truth is LOST is the greatest tv series of all time for so many reasons, ignore the naysayers that most likely misunderstood the shows complexity, make your own mind up.
  • This is probably the most complicated show you'll ever see.

If you're not prepared for the strenuous task that is watching this 117-episode mystery, then save yourself the trouble and don't even view the Pilot (part one or two). Honestly, the show's quirky mysteriousness gets old around season four or five when you realize that the pieces of the puzzle will never quite fit together and that for every answer the show provides each season, it asks five more questions. In the same way that many survivors of Oceanic 815 gave up hope of rescue, you eventually give up hope that Lost will come to a reasonable conclusion.

Still, you must commend the writers for the interesting characters they've created. Almost every season introduces a new faction to what was supposed to be a deserted island, and no matter how new the characters are, their back stories and roles compel you to care about them (except for season three's Nikki and Paulo who were dropped into the show and therefore despised).

Yet, there is a downside to having an ensemble show with an ever-expanding cast: there is always a shifting focus. While episode two of a given season may focus on your favorite character, you may have to wait another seven to twelve episodes before your character becomes the focus again, which is also the reason why some storylines take forever to complete.

One storyline that never goes away (until "The End") is the Jack-Kate-Sawyer-Juliet love quadrangle that effectively denies the two couples from developing meaningful relationships that aren't tainted by suspicion and jealousy.

And, after suffering through those exasperating elements, if you manage to make it to the finale, you'll still be bawling like a newborn. Although the show begins to drain your life force after its fourth season, it provides a somewhat satisfying end to it all, so that you're more than ready to let go and move on.

• The best show ever

The show lost is one of the best shows i have ever watched. At first, I thought that the show was going to be dumb and stupid, but it is amazing and made me so emotional. To this day I still get emotional when discussing lost with fellow colleagues because I grew emotionally attached to each character. Watching all 120 episodes in the summer, in a short period of time made me have no life. But it was the best life because all i did was watch Lost. The first season struck me because i thought it was dumb because it was about a plane crash, But once Ethan came and kidnapped Claire, it began to be bizarre and scared me into knowing more about the show. The noise effects, the music, lights, costumes, plot, design just about everything in this story made it whole and fascinating. The way each character was explained in separate episodes made the story more intriguing and interesting. The episodes also had famous actors in it which made the show more interesting. Although I hated Benjamin at first, I grew to love him even though he murdered people. At the end, I did cry including throughout the story, Great show!!! Best show ever!!!!!! Wish they would have continued. The only thing I wish was changed is the ending. The ending should have been explained in more detail. But overall, i am emotional just typing this!!
  • great tv series .....

except they spoil end of the series.....
  • Lost in the amazing world of Lost! ;)

10/10 spell binding. Binge-watched the whole show in a week. Amazing beginning, suspense and the ending took my breath away unlike anything I've watched before. It touched a nerve. That closing scene... Watch it. Laughing, tears, wanting to kill half the characters then love them again 10 minutes later.

Great show .. kinda got alittle aggravated at the fact they kept leaving enemies alive just tie them up and leave them so they can chase you later, and make sure their dead!.. put those rifles to work, bullet between the eyes means one less bad guy to deal with.
  • I rank all episodes of Lost

10. The House Of The Rising Sun (Season 1)

9. White Rabbit (Season 1)

8. Walkabout (Season 1)

7. Raised By Another (Season 1)

6. The Moth (Season 1)

5. Confidence Man (Season 1)

4. Tabula Rasa (Season 1)

3. Solitary (Season 1)

2. All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues (Season 1)

1. Pilot (Season 1)
  • My favorite show of all time!

Didn't even know too much about this show until my mom was watching the season 2 premiere! I eventually went back and watched season 1. I loved this show instantly! You definetly have to watch it from the beginning or you will be very confused.

Season 1 usually focused on one character per episode so you can get a quick background on where they came from and why they are on the island which is important to know! There were a lot of characters on this show but you will love them! the acting is fantastic! My favorite character was Charlie by the way.

After each episode, you always wanted to know more! it was so addicting! Definetly one of the greatest shows i ever watched! Highly recommended!
  • one will be lost in LOST

The show is awesome. The story is very complicated and if you do not pay close attention there is a good chance that you will be "Lost". The strength of the show is it's spectacular casting. It couldn't have been more perfect. Josh Holloway aka Sawyer is my favorite. The novel approach of "flashbacks" was another of its strength. The show has everything Time travel, Mythology, Science, Romance, Comedy, Suspense, Thrill, Mystery, Ghosts, plane crash etc. In fact most shows combining such "genres" end up messing them but "Lost" nailed it perfect. No complains but I was really interested in the story Jacob , The Monster and the Island's origin which weren't covered up in much details
  • Confusing story plot

I was really confused by the plot line. It made it hard for me to understand fully what was going on. The show is more climactic than Survivor but at least you got a grip on what was always going on there. Still, the show had exciting moments. I just wish the writers tried to make the plot more simpler to follow.
  • Greatest TV Show Ever Made Until Season 6

I rewatched this for the third time and still have to agree it is the greatest story with the most rewarding cast I have ever seen until Season 6. With the rating down, I think the writers gave it a quick closing. If the story had gone another way... for example when the Oceanic 6 were rescued on Penny's boat, they should have told the truth, not lied. This would have made a new story ending for Season 6 and everybody could have lived. Realizing the writers wanted to express why these people were there in the first place but could have been more with them coming back and maybe Witmore and others could have helped them with different story lines of what they encountered in trying to get back to the island. I think ratings could have raised if the bomb didn't go off and a different story line written. Once the bomb went off, an entirely sorid and sad ending was envitable (sp). It had the greatest story while on the island with the outstanding cast. Not happy with ending. Furthermore it did not show what happened to those on Ajira 316 when they flew off, we just assume it crashed too. All that with the church, afterlife, could have been avoided and the show could have continued and ratings would have gone up if only the writers did not give up. I loved the show and wish it could have gone on a few years more and gave everyone a happier ending. All that said, it was one of the greatest ever. Too bad it couldn't end something like Fringe.
  • Dharma Prespective

They should re-vitalize the series from the dharma point of view. Start back in the 60s or whenever it started. They could use the dharma tapes as some reference points. I would definitely watch that.
  • Clever Beyond Belief

A show that can offer question after question with very few answers and still remain utterly engrossing is something special. The show has a huge cast, expanding as the show progresses, all of whom are very interesting due to the characters all being fleshed out through flashbacks. Mystery, intrigue, suspense, action, drama. The amalgamation of these ingredients make for one of the best shows ever made.

The enjoyment of the show comes from the journey not the ending, and what a journey it is. 10/10.
  • " Pure and Simple " LOST

ohh. And i m writhing. So, a few minutes ago, i saw the last eisode of the last season by LOST. Simple , i cried when the LOST was over. I am impressed about what they did , the actors by LOST. I don t see so much tv series , but that , LOST, was awsome. If you saw the all season of LOST, wach again in few years. You know what ?!, because is so good to see how they playing, the actor , and to understand how as you can of that story. If you know some movies with this actors, please give me a sign on Facebook . Search Alex Bruno, and ... " Aye" sorry for my english, All the best!!!
  • about the series

It had great casting in season one, wonderful writing episodes in season one, acting for Terry O'Quinn in season 3 and Michael Emerson in season five.
  • Best. Show. Ever.

I'm on my third time through, and it's still just as awesome as the first time.
  • IF YOU HAVE A BRAIN - WATCH LOST

There is no other show quite like Lost, Yes Lost has a little bit of every movie or TV show you have ever watched but it is uniquely put together that it stands alone in a genre of complete EPIC story telling.

Lost however is not for everyone as some people don't like to use what god gave BRAIN.

Lost is for the observant, The intelligent, the open minded, Its a mystery wrapped inside a drama, coated with action, added to a bit of horror, comedy, Sci fi, and romance.

Lost is THE GREATEST TV SERIES OF ALL TIME, Hands down. "See ya in another life brotha".
  • Whatever you do. Don't start watching this horrible nonsense.

Starts out pretty good for about the first season and I held on to the last episode of last season. Give me my lost hours back, no pun intended. :-( The title says it all.

And all the reviews with the rating 10 must be the actors/directors or someone responsible for this horrible mess. Makes me angry how people want to fool others into watching this. That's just mean and evil.
  • Simply is the Greatest show of all time

Lost is without doubt the greatest TV series of all time. There has never been a TV series with such depth, Both in character development and mythological intrigue, This show has everything you could wish for. Don't be fooled by the vocal minority that simply didn't understand this complex journey, Lost was more than a TV show, It was a cerebral orgasm.
  • There's been never a show like this

A brilliant show, a great cast and a thriller of a story with a supernatural element... I just went crazy watching the first two seasons and it just made me sit up and respect the brilliance in screenplay writing season after season until the writers ran out of ideas and completely fizzled out in Season 6. But still there will never ever be a series that was watched with such great interest in the past decade! A great show... Wish it had a killer of an ending than the one we had... Still one of the best TV shows with fans from across the world! :)
  • Weird/Scary show that makes you want to keep watching

This show is amazing and has an awesome plot!
  • So Sad It's Over

The thing i loved about Lost is how I could never guess what was going to happen next. I mean, it was so unpredictable! One moment you think you have it figured out and then BANG something totally unexpected happens throwing you off again!
  • Lost. In an Island. Other survivors. Alive or dead. Dead or alive. Black mist monster. Submarines. Mama Cass songs. Time travel. Planes crashing. Polar bears?

"Lost" was an incredible experience. One hell of a show that had episodes which ended with it's obsessed viewers saying "WTF" because of its WTF moments. I loved every moment of it because there was never a second where I knew or had a feeling I knew what was happening or knew what would happen. In its six awesome seasons, we were left with a few unanswered questions and even more to question yet engrossed by the richness of this close to biblical referenced tale.

This is all great television writing and from the creation by the very smart J. J. Abrams. Who makes "Lost" his signature piece. It's dominating first season earned its Emmy and Golden Globe. In which we witness one of the most horrific plane crashes ever watched of Oceanic Air Flight 815. The surviving crew members become that of the examples of the bible and passengers of the faith and an Island of deeper grounds and secrets that reveal a more greater meaning.

Matthew Fox is the surgeon Jack Shepard and he leads the surviving group of passengers with Evangeline Lilly's Kate Austen and the ruthless James Sawyer played by Josh Holloway. All throughout we are taken back into these people's lives, their pasts and the troubles they've wished they'd never bargained for and the losses they've came cross to. Jorge Garcia's Hurley has the humorous of the pasts and Terry O'Quinn's John Locke had the more intriguing.

There are many elements to look through in Lost. In the views of The Others and the timeline within the past and future. The roles of Desmond (Henry Ian Cusack) and Juliet (Elizabeth Mitchel) and the actions committed by Benjamin Linus (Michael Emerson) and Sayid (Naveen Andrews).

From the many deaths in Lost, the most I felt sympathy for in their parts of the series were for John Locke, Charlie Pace (Dominic Monaghuan), Jin & Sun (Daniel and Yujien Kim) and Michael Dawson (Harold Perrineu). They did what they did because of their nature and because of their scars that never seemed to escape, the roles they took and the redemptions they tried to reach. Yes, I did feel something for Jack of course, who has learned so much and given so much throughout his destined journey.

And from the performances of Fox, O'Quinn and Emerson do we have a complete saga that never failed to approach its ambition. In the end, when we see them all in the Church (the passengers, now in the after life they were destined to connect to) we simply accept it all and don't question the rest. And we are happy for them all.

My rating: 9
  • Amazing show badly let down by its final season

It's difficult to decide on my favourite season of Lost; watching them concurrently, with the exception of the third, each seemed to get better and better. The introduction of the hatch, the flash forwards and the time travelling was superb and kept the show feeling fresh and progressive. For me, the peak was seasons four and five, which was often nothing short of astonishing television

Sadly, it transpired that the writers had bitten off more than they could chew. Where the sixth season should have provided insight and resolution, it actually introduced unnecessary new characters and inconsequential plotlines, so that the moments every Lost fan had been waiting for were either rushed in a completely unsatisfying manner, or just didn't happen at all. Key characters were just disposed of (Widmore, who had been built up as crucial to the show was simply shot) and the Jacob's 'powers' were explained by some daft 'magic potion' nonsense. It was a slap in the face to everyone who'd faithfully given it their time. The final 'twist' made very little sense within the context of the show until that point, and rendered much of what we'd enjoyed watching inconsequential.

Terrible final season aside, this is well worth anyone's time, for the show at its peak is incredible. One day I'll go back and watch it all again, but for now what feels like a betrayal by the writers still stings.
  • Mathewparet

yes, try Under the Dome or Fringe. there both solid tv series and you'll like it
  • Like the name, I was always lost in the show

I loved this show (and Prison Break). Do anyone here know of any other show that is similar and is currently running on tv?
  • LOST

cool tv SE enjoy it everyone
  • Lost the best

One of the best tv series ever. Exiting, adventures, and always has a twist. In lost you get to know the characters very well and understand them. I re watched this show already and I would re watch it again. Amazing show 10/10