Lost

Something Nice Back Home

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 01, 2008 on ABC

• Great Episode Hindered By Online Hatred Of Jack...

I have never and will never get the hatred that surroundes the character that Matthew Fox plays in this series. No matter what the man does, ever since season two his character has been very disliked.I think it has to do with the fact that John Locke became the most popular survivor on the island and his problems with Jack really caused a lot of people to hate Jack when I dont think the writers planned to have that happen. Onto the epsiode itself, it was a really good episode. One of the better flash-forwards of the year, though none of them have been down right bad. Kate and Jack have always had a powerful on-screen connection and I liked to see them together in the future. Jack begins his trip into depression in this epsiode as Hurley eventually works his way into Jacks mind. Jack is beginning to become hobbled as Kate does something for Sawyer, which we still dont know what that was. We learn that Sawyer made the choice to say, which was interesting. Overall I thought the flash-foward was the best part of the episode.

The island stuff wasnt as explosive as The Shape of Things to Come, but nothing they did would have been that amazing no matter how hard they tried. Jin / Sun / Dan / Charlotte got some more screen time when they went back out to the Arrow and I thought that was really well done. Jin calling out Charlotte really begins to set up the finale now that we know that Sun gets off the island somehow. Sawyer / Miles / Claire scenes were solid, though I find it hard to believe that no one of the bad guys are dead and that Keamey didnt look into the weird sound that he heard in the jungle. Overall, great epsiode for character and relationship devolopments and I think this season is going to finish out very strong!