Lost

Something Nice Back Home

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 01, 2008 on ABC

• A fantastic and explosive episode, as always.

I have to say that I've always, deep down, rooted for Jack and Kate. I hadn't really hoped to ever see them together romantically, not even after seeing Jack struggle to declare his former crush on Kate in "Eggtown". No, they did such an effort to rub Sawyer/Kate in that I let go of all my hopes on that front.

So of course it was a nice surprise to find out what a happy family Jack-Kate-Aaron seemed to have at the beginning of the episode. Their romantic little scenes made my heart positively flutter as the chemistry I always thohaught they had oozed of off the screen. But of course fairy tales never seem to last.

This time they really took a step down re: pace in comparison to last week's episode. I realize that that was obligatory but somehow I didn't think the appendectomy was all that crucial to the Jack/Kate relationship. Nonetheless it brought up some nice questions concerning the overall plot (Why did the island let Jack get sick? The same reason it made Ben get his disease?). Hurley's mental state during the flasforwards made my heart ache terribly. I was also a bit dissapointed about not hearing anything from Locke's Camp, either. But you can't have everything, I guess.

Overall: Lost kicks ass as always and I can't wait for next week! Gimme more or I'll explode!