Lost

Something Nice Back Home

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 01, 2008 on ABC

• Kate and Jack play house in a world full of self deception.

It is rather sad that Kate's character has been reduced to an empty doll Jack and Sawyer fight over. Or rather one their crazy shippers fight over. Kate's role in the future is simply to be Jack's side kick and it's a sad sight. Because if you believe that making Kate one of the oceanic 6 and giving her Aaron had nothing to do with Jack and the love triangle, then you are delusional. It feels that the writers, in their misguided quest to continue this horrid love triangle going, decided to finally throw the Jaters a bone. We get a rushed, empty, dysfunctional "relationship" which crashes faster than you can say "I'm bored". As usual, things always have to revolve around Jack. Even his proposal, as he only proposed after getting Kate to reassure him that he's good enough. But then that's all his actions have been about, no? Him trying to prove to himself and his father that he IS a hero. That he can do great things. That he is not worthless. And that is what Kate, with her blind adoration, offers him. This was a poor episode and the only reason I didn't rate it lower is because for once, Jack is becoming a somewhat interesting character. And it's about time.

Unfortunately, as I stated before, Kate is useless as a character and has been for many seasons now. It seems that she all of a sudden desired a child overnight. How did she get there? What changed? How the hell does Kate feel about anything? Why is this woman's character never really dissected and developed? It's sickening sometimes what TPTB do to the women on this show.