Lost

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 21, 2007 on ABC

Episode Fan Reviews page 6 of 6

7.6
  • Review

In my mind there were two primary parts to this episode, good and bad. First lets start off with the random parts of the episode I didnt think needed to be there. I dont think the scenes between Kate, Sawyer, and Karl were needed. They seemed to random to me and the only thing that I thought got mentioned in there scenes was that they may not have the connection that they thought they might have had. I think the scenes between Sawyer and Kate coould have waited for a little time, I would have been really satisfied had Jacks backstory gotten a little more descriptive. Jacks backstorys have always been the best ones for me - but I just feel that this backstory was missing a little something. I enjoyed the beginning of the flashbacks when were wernet sure what the womans motives were with Jack, but once we learned that she was the one to apply Jack the tattoes I was a little dissatisfied. What was the big deal with Jack asking her to brand him? Why couldnt she do it like she does to everyone else? I would have loved to see a little more to the story - the question about what his tats mean was answered, I just would have liked a little more of an explaination. I thought the scenes on the island were great and I think a lot of that can be contributed to Matthew Fox being an amazing actor. I think there might be something between Jack and Juliet, however Ben says that that might not be the case. Why Cindy and the kids were in this episode opened up a lot of questions to. Why were they there, whats there purpose? For every answer more questions and I love not knowing whats going on sometimes. I thought that the Jack Island story was really good, the Jack backstory okay, and Kate-Sawyer-Karl random and not needed. Good Lost Episode.
  • We learn the story behind Jack's tattoos. Kate and Sawyer continue their escape with Karl. Juliet must face the consequences for her actions.

Some might be underwhelmed or disappointed by this episode but I really enjoyed it. It dropped several easter eggs and gave us some good insight into some questions and brought new development. Turns out the Others dont live in the same place where they have held Kate, Sawyer and Jack captive. We also learn they take the children in order to in their opinions provide a better life for them. We see Juliet is in trouble with her people following her actions of killing Pickett. She is going to be tried for what she did. The "Sheriff" of the others Isabella talks with Jack about the irony of his tattoos which say he walks among us but he is not one of us. She also asks if Juliet really did want him to kill Ben however Jack lies for her. In his mind they have each been promised a ticket home and they need to work together. Sawyer and Kate make camp along their way home and disagree about whether or not to go back for Jack. Sawyer has a heart to heart with Karl about his relationship with "Sally Slingshot" aka Alex and that she is worth the risk of his life. We also get an appearance by Cindy and the children who claim they are there to watch Jack. It also clear the film is having it's desired effect on Karl or it at least is beginning to. The flashbacks are even actually pretty interesting and filled with some pretty good acting. All in all a good episode that hopefully leads to even more answers to come as we move along.
  • This episode is divided by a line--the good and the bad. The island part is great and the flashback was just plain bad.

This episode is divided by a line--the good and the bad. The island part is great and the flashback was just plain bad. I saw little to no chemistry between Matthew Fox and Bai Ling which made it hard to care about the flashback considering she was in almost every scene.

The good was that we got 3 answers this week: the meaning of Jack's tattoos, where the others live, and a quick answer to what happened to the people the others took.

As a whole the episode was okay. Sadly, it was probably the worst of the season so far and nowhere near as good as the last 2 episodes. As a matter of fact I think I'm going to go watch "Flashes Before Your Eyes" again.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >