Lost

The Beginning of the End

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 31, 2008 on ABC

• Lost returns for it's fourth season. This was well worth the wait, exciting premiere

After so long of waiting, the new season finally arrived.

This episode continued from where it left off with Jack and the survivors succeeding with contacting Naomi's boat, but she's definitely not who she said she was, so what exactly will happen when her boat lands onto the island?

As for the flash forwards, I'm not too keen on them because we're getting answers that come directly from after they have been rescued and it does kind of feel weird. I'll probably get used to it soon. I just hope we get some more flashbacks soon.

Each episode usually has a sad part and we all know what that was this time. It was Hugo having to tell Claire the awful truth about Charlie's death and by this stage, Locke and Jack were against each other forming groups to follow Locke or Jack. Somehow I don't know which one of the two was right but yeah, it's hard to figure out. The scene where Ana-Lucia was mentioned was silly as Hugo lied to the cop, but again, more suspense.

What was more great was the fact that Naomi was still alive when the call came through. She decided to go with Kate and let them be rescued. Wonderful.

Then Hugo's sights in the jungle, Jacob? Wow...

By the time the episode ended, I couldn't believe it was over.. already. It was an instant classic, brilliant. Well, we have to wait until next week for the continuation.

Overall, a fine beginning to the new season and it was definitely worth the wait.