The Brig

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 02, 2007 on ABC

• Possible turning point of the series, as it moves from Problem to Conflict to Resolution...

For those who expected the Anthony Cooper/original Sawyer connection, that revelation wasn't shocking, though I imagine for those who didn't, it was amazing. But there was so much more to this episode than that, and it may turn out to be the beginning of a pivotal transition of the series (explained further down in the review). Still, questions and revelations abound here:

1. Locke's father is the original Sawyer. Not a surprise to many, but still exciting to see play out. There was so much character exposition in this part of the story. Locke creating the scenario for his father to die, but not actually doing the deed, likely, on some level, makes Locke feel like a better person than Sawyer, who acutally did the deed. But even though Sawyer did kill Anthony Cooper, his doing so was purely an emotional response to the moment, and Sawyer's reaction afterwards, of throwing up and asking Locke why he "made him to it" shows that Sawyer is perhaps the better person, and not comfortable with what he did. He did not premeditate this murder, even if he had in the past, but Locke did. And Locke seems to represent the ethos of the Others--doing bad things, but justifying them in some strange way, whereas many of the suvivors do bad things, but may regret them. The story of Locke and Sawyer here represented the story of the Others and the survivors so far in the series, even to the extent of Locke lying and manipulating Sawyer, as the Oters have to the survivors.

2. What is the big mystery box that brings you whatever you want? Ben clarifies it is indeed metaphor, but in what way exactly? Did the Others literally grab Cooper, and why him and not other survivors' key people, or did they?

3. What is Jack and Juliet's secret that Jack insists on not telling Kate yet? It seems that it may be possible Juliet is a double-agent, and Jack already knows she's communicating to Ben, and they may be a step ahead. This one is still a big mystery.

4. No one trusts Jack. This was hinted at way back when Jack first returned, as he had to ask the group and Charlie if they trusted him then, and they all expressed some level of trepidation.

5. Was Naomi lying, and if so, how much? It seems at least likely that she's telling the truth about Penny's search for the island and Desmond. We saw last season that Penny had apparently located the coordinates of the island, something no one on the island knew, so there was no reason for Naomi to lie about that. As well, since Penny located the island, none of the Others have been able to communicate with the outside world, as Penny located the island because of the hatch explosion, which caused communications from the island to cease. So Naomi's story seems at least pretty likely.

6. Are they all dead? Another theory suggested by many fans, so the introduction of the concept wasn't new to all, but how it was done was very exciting. Naomi indicated that all the dead bodies were acounted for, and Locke's father believed they were all dead as well. However, the producers have been adamant this isn't purgatory, and since the series isn't ending in a couple weeks, this seems extremely unlikely. So who were the bodies? Clones? That would tie in with the "twin theme" hinted at periphally, but has no solid basis beyond that.

7. What was Russeau doing with dynamite? Her scene did absolutely nothing for the story, so it had to have been put in there for a reason, one I'm sure we'll find out about later.

Finally, why the episode may be a critical turining point. The seasons of Lost have held to successful storytelling techniques, as early parts of each season have been introdution of the facts and problems for the protagonists to face, the middle parts have been devoted more to the conflict phase, as in the characters wrestling with the different aspects of the problems and approaching it from multpile directions, and the final phase has been the resolution phase, as many of the conflict elements are resolved, for good or bad. A good example of this is the hatch from season 2. It was first introduced, with many of its elements revealed, as well as the issue of pushing the button. Then the conflict evolved about whether or not to push the button and what it does, and the resolution concluded the conflict by the button ultimatelty not being pushed and the hatch exploding.

Here, we may now be beginning the resolution phase not just of the season, but of the series. If season one and the beginning of season 2 were about introducing the mysteries of the island, and the second half of season 2 and most of season 3 were about the conflict, as the characters dealt with the mysteries (and mysterious people) of the island, then we may now be starting the resolution phase, as key characters and mysteries get resolved. Sawyer and Locke both dealt with their biggest demons in this episode. They still have some evolution as characters ahead of them (perhaps), hence the series being far from over. But a key source of conflict for both characters was removed in this episode. We'll likely still be existing in the conflict phase as we gradually transition into the resolution phase over the next few episodes and season 4, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Locke or Sawyer, esp. Locke, die before the season's over. Complete speculation on my part, but he seems to have taken the same wrong path that Eko and some others have, of not truly accounting for their weaknesses, but settling into an acceptance of their wrongdoings, and that did result in the end of Eko, as it did with other characters.

It looks like even more mysteries get answered next week, furthering us to the final phase (which could last through a season 5). I loved this episode. Sawyer was fantastic, Locke was cold but releaved, and Jack was enigmatic. More and more, though, I do feel like Desmond may be the big key, not on the flight, premonitions, and the cause of possibly unplanned visitors/rescuers to the island. Great episode.
  • Locke's dad has his fate decided, Naomi spills the beans, the creators tease us with the whole "everyone's dead" gig, and the Others gain back the mysterious side to them. Just a great episode that worked on many levels!

The Brig was an episode I wasn't too sure about at first. I thought it'd be good, but a whole episode that is pretty much going to be Locke's dad dying didn't seem too awesome to me. That's the thing about LOST. It took this episode that had an decent idea behind it and made it into one of the best of the season. Definitely one of my favorite episodes, quite possibly in my top 10!

I think the thing that's interesting about this episode is how it gives us something new and awesome about characters that have been on the show since day one. Sawyer and Locke were never the best of a character group. They never really got along and were never really interacting with one another. Then, the link that some saw coming brings them together in what could be the ripple that starts a tidal wave.

You see, Anthony Cooper factors into this episode in a huge way. He shows his sinister side and doesn't hold anything back. Talking nasty to Locke as Locke holds the knife to his neck, speaking back to Ben as Ben tries to convince Locke to kill him, and them trash talking Sawyer's parents as Sawyer finally realizes who this guy really is. Yes, it is no secret that Anthony Cooper is the real Sawyer, the one that caused Sawyer's parents to end the way they did.

On another note, Locke shows the weaker side of him, as he has to use Sawyer to end his father. Ben tests him several times in the on-island flashback, humiliating him in front of many of the surviving tailies and Others. We see him as he does his own manipulation with Ben, and eventually talks with Richard Alpert, a man we thought may not even be on the island. Then, we learn that pregnancy problems are just a needle in a haystack of mythology surrounding the Others both hinted by Richard and Ben himself.

And then we have Sawyer. Sawyer just brings the emotion of the show back to season one, where emotional areas were abound. The way he breaks down under the relentless trash-talking of Cooper, the way he plays along hesitantly as Locke leads him to what he believes to be Ben, and then watching him as he finally gets his revenge when strangling Anthony Cooper back on the Black Rock, in the Brig. His role in the episode is very touching, sad, and leaves him to bring bigger things as he returns with the recordings that Juliet made about the pregnant women.

Back on the beach, tension arises over Naomi. Charlie and company lose faith in Jack due to Juliet, and they have a right to do so. The weird thing is, Jack has been very weird lately. He isn't the leader anymore and isn't willing to help out nearly as much. His defense for Juliet is tearing him apart from everyone, and people are trying to hide Naomi from him. This whole part of the episode was very good and interesting. Naomi also has a key role as she reveals who she is and confirms that Desmond is the one she is looking for and that she has been sent by Penelope. She also gives the losties hope as she tells her ship is only 80 miles from the island and that her satellite phone may be able to contact them. This whole part of the story is growing more and more important, and I can't wait to see where it takes the show.

All in all, you can't help but love The Brig. It has most everything this season needs. In fact, this may be the episode where I declare that I may just like Season 3 more than I do Season 2. It's a hard decision, but the next upcoming episodes will probably only confirm it.
  • Ammmaaaaaaziiing!

We might want to have more flashback episodes. They completely worked for me. We got a bit out of every character and the show felt more of an ensemble today. Locke and Sawyer worked well together. Josh Holloway had some fantastic scenes this week and his scenes with Anthony Cooper just worked for me. I'm happy he's been killed though. He was really starting to piss me off and the writers did well to cut him out of the show. He was pure evil. He stook to his habits until the end. He didn't dare apologize to Sawyer or Locke. He was an evil man. The episode, all in all, just rocked. For my complete review, head to: http://www.thetvwatcher.com/lost3_19.html

• Overall, this episode continues to resolve long-standing issues by focusing on character exploration.

Since the beginning of the series, “Lost” has been dominated by the theme of personal redemption. Those who seek to shed the burden of the past and grow beyond psychological and emotional barriers survive and prosper. Those who reject such an opportunity tend to meet a disturbing and painful end. Most of the characters hover in-between the two extremes, challenged time and again by past and “present”.

Several episodes this season have returned to this theme, even as the season arc explores another important theme: the meaning of the Other. This episode actually tackles both themes with equal effectiveness. Two characters take a major step in their respective redemptive paths, and the JackLocke tribe threatens to fragment under suspicion.

Locke’s path has been a difficult and long one, filled with self-delusion and an endless desire for validation. His “daddy issues” have robbed him of any sense of self-worth, and he constantly seeks some special purpose to justify his struggles. For Locke, it’s all about destiny, and he’ll listen to anyone who feeds that hunger.

On the face of it, this episode appears to give Locke the opportunity to overcome that weakness. Ben sets the stage for Locke to do more than metaphorically kill his parent to become a man; he orders Locke to murder his father in front of a crowd to prove that he’s ready to assume his destined role. This is a particularly interesting order, because it may not be as clear cut as it seems.

If one takes the order at face value, what does this say about the Others? Ben does say that it’s about expressing free will and growing beyond personal limitations, and with so little information about the Others in hand, that’s certainly possible. As noted in this episode, it’s about more than the fertility issue, and Ben could see Locke as someone suited to some other purpose.

On the other hand, given Ben’s mastery over psychological manipulation, he must understand Locke well enough to know how to play into his assumptions of destiny. Ben wants something out of Locke, and for that to happen, Ben needs to convince Locke that he wants to provide it. He can’t appear weak in front of his own people, either, and looking to Locke as someone “special” undermines his own primacy. All that being the case, Ben could be manipulating Locke to ensure his own control over the situation.

The effect on Locke is relatively predictable. Locke wants to feel special, and with some prompting, he realizes that if he can’t kill someone in cold blood, someone else could do it for him. And so he makes the choice to manipulate Sawyer into killing his father, so he can win Ben’s continued approval. Whatever Locke might believe, this is not a step forward towards personal transformation. He’s simply replacing the need for his father’s approval with the need for Ben’s approval. (Something that adds to the overall suspicion, going back to Eko’s dying words in “The Cost of Living”, that Locke’s inability to evolve is leading to a bad end.)

Sawyer, on the other hand, has the opportunity to move past his search for the original Sawyer and work on what his life might be without that burden on his shoulders. This particular aspect of the episode is the near-perfect payoff to a possibility raised in the first season, one mentioned several times in previous reviews. Now it’s confirmed that Locke’s father was the original Sawyer, and Sawyer had the opportunity to face down the man who destroyed his life.

Unlike Locke, Sawyer has taken steps towards change, assuming more of a leadership role in Jack’s absence. If he no longer has to live for his old life, with his personal quest now fulfilled, what kind of person will Sawyer choose to be? Will the true James Ford emerge, or will he find it impossible to let go of the trappings of the past?

Moving to the second theme for the series, the nature of the Other, tensions at the camp are at an all time high. Desmond and his band of merry men have managed to bring Naomi back to the camp, and Desmond (once again playing Locke’s role as opposing force) convinces the rest of the gang to keep her existence a secret. They believe that Jack is too close to Juliet, and could now be one of the Others.

One could argue that the plot progression for this thread doesn’t make much sense. The gang decides to bring Sayid in on the secret, and he manages to get some detailed information about Naomi’s apparent purpose. As suspected, she’s connected to Penny Widmore’s attempt to find Desmond, and her unusual experience in finding the island matches nearly everything else mentioned about it since the inception. Even so, it’s hard to know if Noami’s story can be trusted.

All of that makes sense enough, but Sayid proceeds to work on the satellite phone in plain sight. Kate stumbles upon them, and is quickly given the full story. Not long after that, Kate gets angry when Jack refuse to speak with her privately, and she blurts out everything without a hint of hesitation. Desmond is likely to pissed, especially since it should have been simple enough to keep things quiet for a little while longer.

This does, however, lead to an interesting revelation. Apparently Jack and Juliet have a plan of their own, and Desmond’s new friend could complicate whatever that plan is. The most obvious speculation would be that Jack is aware of Juliet’s supposed “mole” status, and has been working with her to undermine Ben’s plan from the beginning. While it sounds a bit overly complicated to be viable, in this case, it makes sense in terms of their personal context.

The divisions aren’t confined to the JackLocke tribe. Apparently things are far from rosy among the Others as well. While it’s not the same as Alex’s overt rebellion earlier in the season, Richard’s discussion with Locke could be a sign that factions continually press for advantage among the Others. This would explain why Ben is constantly concerned with maintaining a sense of absolute control.

Amidst all the thematically satisfying elements, there’s more time devoted to the discovery, confirmed by Cooper in this episode, of a remains of Oceanic 815. According to Naomi, the plane wreckage was discovered at the bottom of an ocean trench with the bodies still aboard. This may seem to indicate that the passengers are really dead, but there’s no detail on whether or not the bodies were positively identified or assumed to be the passengers on the manifest.

What matters is that the world believes them to be dead, which will immediately destroy any false hope of a rescue just over the horizon. Beyond the Others and their worldwide network, there’s only Penny Widmore’s mission, and they’ve all but come up empty. Claire’s message will now likely be ignored, if it’s ever discovered. The potential is for a massive change in the survivors’ mindset; with rescue a near-impossibility, the tribe may be forced to take on the Others in a bid for their own long-term survival.
  • Two character's traumatic Backstories are laid to rest along with the culprit in spectacular fashion!

And thus begins Lost's outstanding Season 3 wrap-up!
    Absolutely amazing episode, which I would agree with most people is the darkest hour of the series thus far!
    Once again it's all about the performances, which makes the episode so special. We all know that Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emmerson have considerable talent, that is made manifest by the complex characters they are playing. Up until now, Josh Holloway hasn't had much chance to dig deeper into his acting soul. Most of Josh Holloway's acting skills required for this series up to now, at least on-island, has been to play the bad ass, the cocky southerner with a penchant for nicknames. However, here we are witness to a different side to Josh Holloway, one which is very welcome and is sure to be embraced by most watching. In every line he roars at Anthony Cooper inside the Black Rock you can feel the emotional pain Holloway's character feels. Never before has an acting performance on Lost stopped my heart at places like when he screams "Finish it!", referring to his letter. Kevin Tigh's portrayal as Anthony Cooper is also worthy of praise and is enough to give Josh Holloway the incentive to deliver his own 100% performance. Josh Holloway only goes to prove how much every actor/actress on the show has improved.
    With performances like these who needs special effects, jungle chases, explosions, implosions and rampaging polar bears and smoke monsters to generate excitement.
    With Sawyer being so pivotal to this episode and Josh Holloway stealing the show literally it is easy to forget that this episode is actually Locke-centric. I still refer to it as a Locke-Sawyer centric episode because it concerns them both just as equally. It is Locke-centric because to be fair Locke gets more episode screen time, owing to his on-island flashbacks, which tracks him following the cliffhanger of "The Man from Tallahassee".
    Once again the concept of the "Magic Box" is raised and new light on this subject got my mind going back to Season 1. Ben tells Locke in this episode that Anthony Cooper came out of the box because Locke somehow willed it. In "The Man from Tallahassee" Ben says that the box holds what you imagine or hope would be in it, so, in essence, Locke imagined or hoped Cooper would be on the island. If Ben is telling the truth then this information relates directly to Walt in Season 1. As far back as the Pilot episode we were quickly introduced to Walt's powers. We saw him read a spanish comic with a Polar Bear in it, moments before a real one appears before several other castaways. Once again this connection was made more definitive in "Special" later that season when Walt's fury that his comic had been thrown in the fire by Michael on the Polar Bear page had been enough to imagine, hope and thus will the Polar Bear onto the island, maybe to seek revenge on Michael. However, the plan may not have turned out as hoped as Walt was trapped with the animal and Michael rescued Walt and himself from the attack. It is quite possible, thought, that Walt is unaware of his "Magic Box" abilities, just as Locke isn't. Locke can't understand how he could have used his "Magic Box" to bring Anthony Cooper to the island. Of course, even if Locke or Walt did imagine themselves up a Polar Bear or an Anthony Cooper or even when Charlie hoped his guitar would be on the island in one piece, it still doesn't explain how this all connects with how Cooper was actually brought to the island, which was supposedly by a car accident. The whole "Magic Box" issue does get us to wonder what things on the island are due to the imaginations of our characters and which are due to the Smoke Monster [see The Cost of Living, earlier this season]. At this time I believe that the manifestations of Dave, Christian Shepherd and Yemi are all creations of the monster, whereas Anthony Cooper [possibly], Walt's Polar Bear and Charlie's guitar came out of the magic box. The island is one large magic box where all your dreams can come true, physically or spiritually or both [Locke's legs and his faith].
    I think we have only just scratched the surface of the "Magic Box" and look forward to where that story goes from here.
    Another interesting plot point concerns the Others. We have been led to believe that there exists a great leader on the island, who is in control of the Others and quite possibly in charge of everything that goes on on the island. We will get clarification in the following episode that his name is "Jacob", a name that has been referenced numerous times this season. Beneath Jacob in the Others hierarchy there stands Ben as the sub-leader of the Others, the physical presence of a leader, against Jacob who seems to be at this stage of the game an unseen force of the island.
    Ben seems to have taken on this responsibility for some time but it is becoming quite clear that his methods of leadership are not going down too well with the rest of the community. Certainly, Richard hints at this to Locke when he tells him that Ben has been wasting their time on fertility problems instead of seeking their true potential on the island. This makes Juliet's actions to Jack in the early part of the season much clearer. Juliet informed Jack that the community are unhappy with Ben and want him gone. Of course Juliet would later deny this but even Tom, when he finds out has an understanding expression on his face. Richard Alpert also tells Locke that, Ben aside, everyone in the community thinks Locke is special and important to the island, hinting that they believe they have found their new sub-leader to replace Ben. This would explain why, as Richard explains, that Locke doesn't want anyone to think Locke is special and wanted to see him fail to embarrass Locke and to boost Ben's self-esteem. Ben doesn't guess that Locke would return with the Others with Anthony Cooper on his back. Ben, obviously realises that Locke is somehow special and has a irrefutable communion with the island, due in part to his sudden ability to walk again and also his ability to somehow speed up Ben's healing process just by being in his company. But Ben is also aware that Locke could be his successor and tries to put Locke in situations that he knows he will fail in, just to prove to the Others that Locke is not what they think he is. Ben can't handle the fact that Locke would be leading Ben rather than Ben leading Locke, which is getting near to happening. The whole "sacrifice" at the Ruins was very creepy and many have speculated that the Ruins are connected to the four-toed statue seen last season. Back on the beach Naomi expands on her story teased at the climax of the previous episode. She tells a disbelieving Sayid that they found the wreckage of Oceanic 815 and all the dead passengers in a trench near Bali. Sayid is suspicious, as am I. We saw halfway in Season 1 that the tide was coming in to wash up the wreckage of the plane and the survivors camp so they had to relocate further down shore. Okay, it is possible that the tide could flush pieces of the wreckage out to sea but that far out and in one piece enough to be identified by people. It is just as likely for someone to go back down to their original camp and try to find any part of the wreckage. We also know that part of the wreckage was nowhere near the shoreline as some of it was found further inland in the jungle and also in the Caves. Rewatching "White Rabbit" from Season 1 when Jack first discovers the caves only confirms this. So this is a blatant lie by Naomi, one that should be picked up by more than just Sayid [assuming that this is not an inconsistency in writing! I sure hope not!]. Why anyone has not already investigated back at their original camp is unclear. The tide may have pulled back out again making investigations that much easier. So I am pretty convinced at this point [without revealing what I know in Season 4] that this is a lie from Naomi.
    Anyhow, speculations aside this was a thoroughly entertaining episode, the darkest yet. In fact I would go as far as saying that Lost has produced a Film Noir episode.The moment when "Sawyer" strangles "Sawyer" with the chain is brutal and quite possibly the most violent thing we have seen up to this point.
    It will be interesting now to see where Locke and Ford's journeys go now. Sawyer, now taht he has killed the very man that ruined his life by conning his parents and resulting in their deaths, will probably be much more relaxed and looser on the island and may be more content to become one of the team. Locke, now that the man that was responsible for his paralysis as well as one less kidney and subsequent misery in his life, will probably have the freedom to choose his destiny now, even if that means joining the "enemy" as Sawyer calls them. Locke is not choosing to join the Others out of spite for his fellow survivors, rather than as an outlet to gain a better understanding of the island and to prove or disprove in what he secretly believes. That belief would be sorely tested once again in the following episode.
    "The Brig" was one of the best episodes of the season and the standard had once again been raised. Things would only get even better!
  • That was amazing I don't know how it can get much better in the last few episodes of the season but I think somehow it will. (Contains Spoilers)

What a freaking crazy episode. It was Locke madness, so Iguess I will start with that. We finally came back to Lockes's Dad who is the guy that was a fireman man on that show Emergency, I remember it used to be on TV Land, because it was on before our time. I was a good show. Anyways, as Locke's dad he is a real **** This was another pretty dark episode, but well written. I wasn't sure at first when Locke came back because he has taken so much **** from his Dad, I didn't think he would even have someone else kill him like Ben wanted. I thought when he 1st came to the camp before we knew and he told Sawyer that he had Ben that something was up but I thought maybe they brainwashed him and he was going to setup Sawyer. I'm glad that wasn't the case. Well he sort of setup Sawyer but differently. I thought it was well written with Locke's Dad was the one that pretty much screwed over Sawyers family. I again thought that was out of character to get someone to kill somebody especially his Dad he has so many reasons to want him dead but he is so afraid of him it seemed weird that he would do that, a little out of character. I think he finally was fed up maybe. Sawyer had to relive alot of crap in his childhood, and now has to deal with killing another person. I personally am glad his Dad is gone. I also didn't realize Locke's Dad had something to do with the tour Locke wasn't allowed on, they mentioned something about that last night. I'm still wondering because he is taking his Dad's dead body back to Ben if he is trying to become an other or really infultrating them. I believe the latter, because he gave Sawyer the proof about that **** Juliette. That will be interesting, according to the previews what happens with her and how the camp get ready if they find out the part about the others are going to raid them. To back track a little, I know things are never as they seem on this show and they kept pushing the hell part which obviously isn't true because if he they dead he couldn't have killed Lockes Dad, because he would have already been dead. I think the fact they are trying to make you think one thing, is some sort of diversion, to surprise everyone. I still am not sure what to say about the whol;e thing last week when the lady from the chopper, (who I now think might be the chick that was on Las Vegas) said about the remains of the reckage was found with no survivors, that's very weird and I'm sure will come about later. I'm not so sure about her either even though Penny sent her for Desmond supposedly.

I loved this episode it really had me questioning alot of things and alot of the characters. It's hard to say what is what and who is on the level or not, but something seems fishy about that episode with alot of different people. Jack & Locke are now not as trustworthy characters possibly, or at least it may seem that way for the moment.
  • Anyone who says that Lost has lost it needs to wake up and feel Ole' Smokey ready to spelunk them.

Lost just seems to get better and better with every week. Last night's installment definetly answered a few questions, mainly 1 linering since season one. We got a lot of Sawyer scenes, which is always good. And we FINALLY got to hear some nicknames again from Sawyer, mainly him calling Locke Tarzan(Tarzan, Mr. Clean, Daniel Boone, where does Sawyer come up with all these Locke names?). Locke's dad finally got what was coming to him, and after 2 seasons of him screwing Locke over time and time again, we almost were cheering Sawyer on. Definetly some setup coming and I have a feeling that the next 3 weeks are going to be some of the best episodes of Lost EVER!
  • "Dear Mr. Sawyer..."

Sorry about the english...

Sometimes You let emotion take over. When that happens, you need to be realy carefull. I'll probably regret the score I gave to this episode in the future, afterwall, nothing is perfect right? Well, f*ck it. After watch this, I just can't give it less than a round 10. I rate 10, looks like you're one of those fanatic freaks that loves every single episode and never found any flaws or week points. I'm sure this episode is not "perfect". Must have something not so good. I just can't see that right now.

But, no matter what, to me it's a series classic, now and ever, no doubt about it. From the moment Locke reapeared on the beach till the more than expected face-to-face between "Sawyer" and "Sawyer" (c'mon, who didn't saw that coming since "TMFT"?) it was an amazing episode. The moment when Anthony "Sawyer" Cooper starts to read the letter is one of those to be remembered 4ever.

This was more a Locke/Sawyer centric than just a Locke centric to me. Sawyer (now more than ever, I'll never be able to call him James), played a centric role here.

And usualy, at the same time some questions are answered (and buried), others arrive: What Locke is up to? The flashback didn't gave us enough information to figure that out. He's with the others or he's just using them to know more about the island? Or something else? What about the 815 wreck that Naomi found (I believe that's a fact since Anthony Cooper said that too)? It was planted by Dharma/Others/whatever? If that's true, the 815 survivors were really selected to get to that place?

Well the only thing I do know is that I wanna watch "The Brig" again. Worthed every single minute.
  • FINALLY, Locke is back! Plus: Sawyer vs. Sawyer!

Locke has returned, and as usual, he’s incredibly vague and mysterious.

Let’s cut to the chase: the biggest development of this episode is one Anthony Cooper / Tom Sawyer / [insert fake name here]. Ever since his first appearance, the theory has been floating around that this man is the real Sawyer. And by golly, in this episode it’s confirmed that he is! The confrontation between Sawyer and Sawyer in the Black Rock was incredibly powerful. You could feel 30 years of pain and hatred just oozing out of Sawyer. Truthfully, I wasn’t sure if Sawyer was actually going to kill the man he’s been searching for his entire life. Some of the “novelty” had worn off, since 3 months earlier he had read the same letter and killed a man he believed was the one who ruined his life. But once Anthony ripped up that letter, the b*****d got what he deserved. The only unfortunate thing is that Sawyer was basically forced to become a murderer, again.

Back on the beach, not much exciting happened. It’s interesting, though, that Kate decided to tell not only Jack, but Juliet too, about Naomi. As much as we love to hate Juliet, you know she’s going to report this right back to Ben.

I absolutely loved the “hell” conversation between Anthony and Sawyer. Those writers sure love to play with us! If only he had of said “purgatory”…

And finally, I was a tad grossed out when Locke was carrying his father back to Ben. Ben’s tactics, whatever his overall intent, just keep getting stranger and stranger. That said, the more Ben does, the more intriguing the Others become. I can’t wait for the rest of May Sweeps!
  • The adventures of Huckleberry Locke and Tom Sawyer!

The darkest episode of lost yet paves the way for a lot of differing character motivation and the feeling that a lot of the islands mysteries are on the verge of being revealed.

Never has there been an episode where we are unsure of what the characters are up to? What is Locke's journey? How will Sawyer deal with killing the man he hates? What does Jack not want to tell Kate yet? What is Juliet really up to? Who is Naomi? What is Ben really planning? These answers will hopefully be answered in the season finale if not before. The last few episodes have certainly upped the quality of this season. It will be interesting to see if the answers make or break the series or if it will have anywhere to go in its fourth season.

As for the island being purgatory or hell, i don't think this is likely, in fact, i believe that the answers will be much more interesting than that,i hope the writers prove me right.

As for next week it sounds like the questions will be answered but since this is lost, im not holding my breath...
  • excellent

Locke heads back to the camp to meet up with Sawyer. They head to the forest to deal with something. Hurley, Jinn, Desmond and Charlie are hiding Naomi from the other survivors since they stopped trusting Jack ever since he returned. This is a really exciting episode, a chapter of Locke's life ended but another begins. He's new journey with the others is beginning. So much is shown in this episode, there are multiple storylines, it's so exciting, within the 42 minute episode, we see so much stuff. I really can't wait for the next one, I want more lost.
  • Wow. Some real skeletons leap out of the closet, Sawyer has done a favor for both himself and Locke, Ben's jealousy towards Locke is plain as day, and a 'secret' between Jack and Juliet is exposed...

This episode was. the. BOMB. Would you like to know why? Because I am a Sawyer FANGIRL. I know, I know, so are a lot of you women LOST-fans out there, but out of everything I know about the other characters (habits, traits, personalities, secrets, etc.), I probably know Sawyer's the best. I could get some kind of College Degree on him, though I doubt that's possible to attain. Continuity wise (pertaining to him), it kept true to the fact that he doesn't like to kill people just for the fun of it. If he's gonna kill, there's got to be a good enough reason. This is probably because Damon and Carlton wrote this episode (no offense to the other amazing staff writers). Now Anthony's big mouth was indoubtedly the reason for his demise. That guy wouldn't stop talking, and his ego was at least twice the size of his mouth. If I were in Sawyer's position, I probably would've done the same thing.

Now I'm sure all you LOST bloggers out there will go rabid over the old 'purgatory' theories everyone floated around way back in the golden years of Season 1, since Anthony kept talking about how they really WERE in Hell (my mom also brought the 'spirit world' theory to me), I went ahead and thought (and told my mom) that if they were dead, how do you die again? I thought life after death would be eternal. Now, the whole "Jack and Juliet have a secret" thing took me by surprise, and as did the whole "Locke will join the Others: thing as well. But let me tell you this, the last few episodes before 322 Through the Looking Glass will set the stage for some massive war that will happen, in which lives will be lost on each side and people like Kate and Sun will be taken, from what the magazine and the online sources are hinting at. Whatever the case may be (*coughepisode12cough*), I am excited to find out what the Snake in the Mailbox actually is. (The episode was awesome, I have pretty much no major gripes over it.)
    Until 320 The Man Behind the Curtain (Ben and/or DHARMA flash)!
  • Awesome! Awesome, awesome, awesome awsome!

Everything is approaching a fever pitch. Why does Rousseau want explosives? Sawyer knows Juliet is a mole, and has the proof! Sawyer kills Cooper!!! Locke is going to learn everything! We're finally getting answers! It's a non-stop roller coaster ride to the finale! Jack and Juliet have a secret! Cooper confirms that flight 815 was found! It was a cover-up, I tell you! A cover-up! We get to see the Black Rock again! Richard Alpert is disillusioned with Ben! Kate and Sawyer keep having sex, despite knowing it could kill them! It's wonderful madness! I told you Naomi was sent by Penny!
  • Another piece of the best-season-so-far puzzle.

I'm just going to make this real simple and list the things I liked about this episode rather then write in conventional paragraphs.

*I liked how some scenes, especially when Sawyer and Locke were walking in the jungle, it looked grittier somehow. The cinamatography or something, it looked so good.

*I liked the scene with Naomi and Sayid. No real reason, just did. I also liked that Sayid said it was good that they hadn't told Jack about Naomi. Before he did that, I was getting annoyed about the whole "we don't trust Jack" bandwagon. But for some reason, just his casual reaction worked for me.

*I liked that Danielle (The French Woman) was gettnig dynamite, and then we never saw her again for the rest of the episode. That's going to come back to bite someone in the butt! New mystery!

*I liked that Locke's father kept saying they were in hell.

*I liked that Jack's being a total jerk. He's angry that no one trusts him, even though they have a really good reason. But that he wont trust them by revealing his and Juliet's secret. Jack's always been too white bread. I like that he's being a jerk now, it makes him more real.

*Juliet's eyes were really pretty. Random, I know.

*I like that Sawyer is bringing back proof that Juliet is a double agent and that the survivors will have a chance to be ready before the Others come for Sun.

*I wonder if Kate is going to get pregnant with Sawyer's baby soon, since the sperm count is so high on the island.

*I loved loved loved that Locke's father was the real Sawyer. I realized it before the episode revealed it. In fact, I figured it out when the other gave Locke Sawyer's folder. (Another scene I liked, by the way.) But it was just awesome. And a great build, with Sawyer unfolding and handing over the letter, the man ripping it up, and finally, Sawyer having the revenge he's wanted for so very very long. The best acting we've ever seen from the already consistantly talented Josh Holloway.
  • The episode that has singlehandedly reaffirmed my devotion to the series.

Years from now people will look back at the first season of Lost as a pivotal moment in television history. ABC fronted the money necessary (it was the most expensive pilot ever) and bought itself the most cinematic, engrossing, and anti-formulaic seventeen hours to grace the medium. NBC even jumped on the bandwagon with its own version of such a series in Heroes (another spectacular cinematic show). Unfortunately, the next season and a half were good, and kept the show profitable, but have clearly had their glaring, frustrating difficulties. Most obviously, the fact that questions are raised and never answered, cliffhangers rarely ever felt really resolved, and that many characters seemed to get soft, complacent, and just plain dull.

This episode looks like it could be the turning point the series needed to reestablish itself as the juggernaut it was only a little over a year ago.

Sawyer retakes his place as the haunted antihero who wants to love but just can't because of his deep-seeded criminal adaptation to the world. Locke simultaneously regains his mantle of the solitary spiritual badass AND adds to his repertoire of badassery by manipulating one man to kill another by simply locking him in a room and patiently whittling time away. Jack adds depth to his character from being the annoying, holier-than-thou, "reluctant" leader by truly not caring that everyone doesn't look up to and trust him anymore.

What's more, it's set itself up to FINALLY answer some of those enormous questions they've been dancing around. Ben must tell Locke about his understanding of the Island and the mysterious role of the Dharma Initiative. Jack must unload something on the survivors about the imbalanced equation involving their apparently discovered bodies elsewhere, or at least his comparatively greater knowledge of their situation.

If you loved Lost a while ago, but became disillusioned with it after the first season ended, find a friend with a TiVo and watch the last three episodes. You'll tune in with me next week.
  • Wow!

Man, who'd thunk that Sawyer & Locke had some connection. Is there no one in this rag-tag group of survivors who are not connected? This was a very interesting episode. Some revelations & more coming next week as we discover more about Dharma & the Island's history. I do have on intersting idea:

Juliet seemed to be playing the Survivors by feeding Ben information about them.

What if Jack & Juliet are the ones playing Ben? What if she's feeding him false information about the Survivors to draw the Others to them? Its been hinted at the finale would have a big battle between the Survivors & the Others. What if Jack & Juliet planned the whole thing to draw them out & take them out?

Just a thought. Maybe I'll start a thread in the forums.
  • Absolutely one of the best episodes!!!

Where do I begin? This episode kept me glued to the televison screen!! It was awesome with outstanding writing. The writers have such talent at weaving a complex multi-level storyline. The survivor's dynamics started to really come together. Some questions were answered and of course some new questions surfaced. Locke's complexity is explored and Sawyer's true anger about his mother and father come full circle. The others become somewhat more intriguing. I am still wondering about why they were all watching Ben, Locke and Locke's father. It reminded me of a hanging or a burning at the stake. A public killing... I was surprised by this portion of the show. Over all it was clearly one of the best episodes to date.
  • Locke returns, but only to get Sawyer to confront a common enemy.

Locke returns to the beach, but only to persuade James to follow him to kill Ben, who Locke claims to have kidnapped. But it turns out that the real victim is not only Locke's father, but the real Sawyer who James has been hunting down since the death of his parents. Meanwhile, Desmond, Charlie, Jin, and Hurley sneak Naomi back into a tent at the beach. Due to Juliet's presence at the beach, none of the guys would trust Jack to talk to her, so they call in Sayid. Naomi provides information that raises yet another intriquing mystery. Her team found Flight 815's plane, with no survivors.

Flashbacks reveal the events that occured during the past eight days that Locke has spent with the Others after seeing his father in the "magic box". Ben tells Locke about Juliet's purpose on the beach, and also tries to convince him to kill his father to set himself "free". I thought that this is a very special and revealing episode. While one mystery ends, another begins. James finally comes face to face with the real Sawyer. It was a perfect moment when he takes out the letter he wrote and gives it to the real Sawyer to read, only to kill him when he "finished" reading it. Naomi sets up another mystery to the series that makes me wonder not only where the losties are, but exactly what they are if she claims to have found no survivors upon her team's discovery of Flight 815. Lastly, the episode sets up the next episode with Locke handing over the cassette recorder to James. It is the recorder with which Juliet recorded her examination of Sun's pregnancy.
  • James and Locke get payback, thanks to James' anger and the real Sawyer being a complete jerk. Their story pushed the rest of the show into the background.

This was, in my humble opinion, the best episode of the season (so far). People in the States who have seen the season finale tell me the rest are even better. If that's true, I can't wait!

Josh Holloway proved in this episode that he is one fantastic actor. Since the episode has even aired here, there are no spoilers to be told about it anymore, so here goes. Josh's reaction after he killed the real Sawyer and running outside to be sick, the range of emotions he showed during those scenes - all absolutely fantastic. Of course, we know Terry O'Quinn is no slouch either, and he also put in a fantastic performance. The scene between the Locke and Rousseau characters was so deadpan - perfectly in character for both of them. I laughed out loud when James was locked in and screaming "let me out, let me out" when Rousseau came in for the dynamite. It may have been a short scene, but it was perfect.

Those who know me and have read my posts on the site know that there is one thing I really can't stand, though. Jack has long ago outlived his usefullness. So people no longer trust him. Good. I can't wait to see what happens when Sawyer gets back to camp with the tape recorder Locke gave him as proof that Juliet is a "plant".

This episode made me look forward to what is coming next, as well as featuring some fantastic writing and acting. This is exactly why I watch this show.
  • Excellent episode, but it's time to wake up and smell the BS.

First things first. They’re not all dead and they’re not in hell. The writers are in touch with all the rumor buzz. If I was a writer on the show, I’d lead on some of the fans too. The whole objective is to make them think one way so that when they pull the rug out from under everyone’s feet, they’ll all be astounded. Don’t fall for it folks. Look at it more like this... Locke’s Dad knows he’s lived an evil sinister life. After his unknowingly deliberate accident, he wakes up confused, bound and gagged. He’s going through hell, so figuratively, he believes he is in hell. Or even more, he’s so worked up from being in the situation he’s in that his tactic is to rant on about how they’re all in hell. Put yourself in his shoes for a moment, they’re not all really in hell, it’s nothing more than his own personal hysterics. Furthermore, wake up and smell the BS already, the crash of 815 is nothing more then a cover up. Someone or some group on the outside does not want an investigation. How do you explain the disappearance to the public? Fake the crash, end of story.

This episode really was fantastic. Through the seasons, the whole “real Sawyer” saga had gone from speculation to educated guesswork. After The Man From Tallahassee, it was pretty apparent who he was. I really hoped that when it came time for the truth to be revealed to all characters involved, that it would not be a let down. It wasn’t at all. I thought it was so well done, everything happened the way I hoped it would. Locke could not do it, and Sawyer needed closure. It felt very gratifying.

Ben said (something to the effect of) that Locke really need to do this in order to be accepted as one of them. Am I alone in thinking that there’s got to be more to this? Did Ben want Cooper dead for other reasons? I don’t know. Well I guess this closes the chapter on Anthony Cooper so maybe Ben just needed to see what Locke was made of.

By now we should realize that the writers like to set us up to distrust someone and trust someone else. So here we go. My 2 gut feelings...

Okay so Jack knows something we don’t. I don’t believe Jack is an Other. He, like Juliette, do not have antagonistic motives here. They probably have a plan to get themselves off the island, or have struck a deal with Ben and are cooperating for the time being against their will. I believe when all is said and done, we will see that Jack and Juliette have good intentions.

And let’s not be so quick to trust that Naomi is there to rescue anybody. Things are never what they seem on this show.
  • Probably one of the episodes that people will think about 20 years down the road when they talk about LOST.

Wow. That was my first reaction after watching The Brig. It was a much darker hour of LOST, just like many sources reaveled before the episode aired. And we finaly got the confermation that we've been waiting for for a long while, Anthony Cooper is the real Mr. Sawyer. Josh did an amazing job in the scenes with Cooper. I think the scene when James gives his letter to Cooper is now my favorite scene from this season, or possibly all the series. And I can not think of any better name to give the episode other then, The Brig.

As for back on the beach, we find out that Neomi was in fact sent by Penny, at least that's what she's saying. I believe her though, after that scene at the end of LTDA I think it could be very possible that Penny sent a search patry to find Desmonde. She tells us that her helicopter took off from a boat about 80 miles away. They decide not to tell Jack about Neomi, because they don't trust him. They do get Sayid to talk to her though. Up until tonights episode I really thought Jack knew nothing about what Juliet was ordered to do, but know I think that he does know. Its killing me to know what Juliet wanted to tell Kate, and for godness sake, no, she is NOT pregnant! It would take at least a month to find out your pregnant, its only been like 2 weeks since her and Sawyer first got togther. So it is impossible for the Others to know if she was pregnant.

As for the flashbacks, these were probably my favorite on-island flashbacks. I was a bit grossed out when Cooper bit Lockes hand though, that's just creepy. I wish we got to find out who Jacob is, but I guess we have to wait till next week, TMBTC looks so good!
  • One of the best episodes of the season, if not the whole show.

Some character's flashbacks are great, others not quite as good. But I've never been disappointed by Locke's flashbacks.
    This episode just drives home his sense of abandonment, from his father, to his girlfriend, now from The Others. Or at least Ben. Unfortunately it also reminds us that he's easily duped as well. We'll have to wait for the outcome of him bringing his dead father to Ben to see how much Ben is really manipulating Locke.
    On the other side, I was glad it was Sawyer who finally got to do "Cooper" in. Both Sawyer's and Locke's lives were ruined by this man, both had the motive, and maybe even right, to kill this man, both were obsessed with him. Locke, however, wanted to better himself after Cooper, while Sawyer went on a dark, obsessive, quest for him. So I think the death by Sawyer was much more emotional and dramatic than it could ever have been at Locke's hands. But both were definitely vindicated. The pay off for these story lines was pretty big to me.
    By the end of this episode, I'm completely convinced.... I don't trust Jack anymore. The whole "We should/shouldn't tell them." Doesn't he remember his own speech? "Live together or die alone."
    This is by far one of the best Lost episodes I've seen in awhile.
  • Finnally the Sawyer clash.

Locke breaks away from the Others in an attempt to persuade Sawyer to kill Locke's father, who is actually the original "Sawyer," who caused the death of Sawyer's parents. Naomi says that Oceanic Flight 815 was found and that there were no survivors. Finnaly we got to see Sawyer meet the real Sawyer (Anthony Cooper ,Lockes Dad) and what a clash it was Sawyer back to his old self and Anthony being a total mess, I always new Locke and Sawyer had a connection right from the start of the series. This is a great episode of lost with many memeroble momments.
  • ... Everything is about to change.

This episode was awesome. So many different plot developments took place. Most notable: Jack's peculiar behavior, Locke re-joining of the Others, Danielle & the dynamite, and Sawyer's possession of Juliet's recording. These next few episodes are going to be big. The best scene of the episode has to be Sawyer's revenge. We've been waiting over 50 episodes for that moment. And on the beach, Sayid tried to repair the satphone. Then Kate walked in and got the news of Naomi. Stupid Kate then felt the urge to tell her ex-boyfriend Jack everything she's just heard. Jack's reaction was interesting. It seems apparent that he IS working with the Others. Anyways, great episode, next week's looks incredible.

(While strangling Cooper) Sawyer: You wanna go to hell?! You wanna go to hell?!
  • A defining for two characters ends in death

Ever since he landed on the island, Locke has been on a journey that has been becoming increasingly solitary, and it seemed pretty clear that the survivors weren't going to see him again, especially after he blew up the sub. So when he shows up in the teaser of 'The Brig' and tells Sawyer that he has kidnapped Ben, and has brought him back, we are instantly doubtful, especially when he tells him that he wants to kill Ben. This is particularly suspicious considering that he's barely exchanged two words with him since Sawyer humiliated him by tricking him into taking guns. His behavior isn't that of a vengeful man, though; he seems more detached calmly reciting the list of all the wrongs that Sawyer had committed before he came to the island. To be perfectly honest, he now sounds a lot like one of the Others, and we can soon see why.
    In the first flashback to an island event since Michael's encounter with the Others in Season 2's 'Three Minutes', we see that Locke was offered by Ben a chance to have the keys to the kingdom. However, Ben has been setting up Locke for his own special revenge, because of what we see. Everybody on the Others looks upon Locke with reverence, and it's clear they all think Locke is special. So Ben sets him up by telling him he has to make an offering--- the murder of his father. Considering all of the hell that we've seen Anthony Cooper put Locke through in his flashbacks, you would think that the man would jump at the chance to do him in. But as always, Locke has trouble following through. Cooper has a hold on him that he can't break, even when he truly does have all the power.

What Locke hasn't realized is that Ben's power is waning. Even though for the first time since his operation earlier this season, he is now able to walk, it's pretty clear that people don't trust him as much. This becomes obvious when Richard hands over Sawyer's file, all while reinforcing how special he is. Since Richard up until now has been seen as Ben's inferior, it's hard to believe he'd give in. We shall eventually learn that Richard has a longer history with Locke than he knows about--- mainly because it hasn't happened yet. (Confused? It will make sense--- sort of--- by Season 5.)

So Locke goes to see Sawyer and takes him to the Black Rock, which we haven't visited (though there've been a couple of trips there in Season 2) since 'Exodus' when they came to get the dynamite to open the hatch. Locke explains to him that this is a slaving ship, but doesn't bother to tell him how it ended up in the middle of the island, and Sawyer doesn't think to ask. (This just goes to prove how none of the survivors of this plane crash really seem to want an explanation for all the strange things that are happening on this island.) He then proceeds to lock Sawyer in the brig with Cooper, and then just sits there as Rousseau--- who we haven't seen since 'The Man From Tallahassee'--- comes to pick up dynamite. She doesn't ask about the noise; he doesn't ask what she wants the explosives for. Does anybody communicate around here?

Meanwhile, back on the beach, Hurley has persuaded his little group to bring Sayid in to their confidence about the woman who they saved. Her name is Naomi Dorrit, and she tells an interesting tale of what has happened to Oceanic 815, that she came hear to rescue Desmond because she was hired by Penelope Widmore, that there is a freighter roughly eighty nautical miles away, and that she may bring rescue if they can just fix her sat phone. They do fix it, but the signal is still being jammed. The secret doesn't stay secret for long because Kate finds out about it. No sooner does she learn about that then she runs straight to Jack and tells him everything. And Jack goes right back to the holier-than-thou man we had to endure for the last couple of seasons, especially in regard to Kate. And when she tells him that nobody trusts him any more, he doesn't seem to care much about that either. Have they gotten to Jack? They haven't, but his attitude sure seems that way.

Back in the brig, a critical confrontation is building. Cooper then proceeds to do something Locke has not seen fit to tell anyone--- something about their history together. He also tells Sawyer that he's pretty sure that he's gone to hell--- especially since he was rear ended on the I-10. (Did the Others have something to do with it? I think so, but my guess is we'll never know for sure.) Then the minute Sawyer hears how Cooper conned Locke out of a kidney, he realizes something that some other fans had theorized the minute they heard Cooper was a con man--- he's the man who conned Sawyer's parents out of $38,000 and indirectly caused both their deaths. The second he realizes he's face to face with his lifelong nemesis, he hands Cooper the letter that he's been carrying for almost thirty years. Only Cooper refuses to play along. He doesn't read the letter all the way through, he insults Sawyer's mother and Sawyer himself. It is the act of ripping the letter Sawyer has carried all this time--- that survived the island, the raft blowing up, the Others,--- that throws him into a blind rage. But the moment it's over---he realizes that his pain isn't gone. His parents are still dead, and he got no satisfaction from the kill. We see that when he reels out of the brig, vomiting and sick. His life has been for nothing. It's brilliant work, and Josh Holloway should have gotten an Emmy nomination for that scene alone.

Locke, in the meantime, is filled with peace. He has finally triumphed over Cooper, even if he didn't deal the final blow himself. And his revenge has left him satisfied. When he puts Cooper's body on his back, he doesn't seem to feel the weight of it, because the burden of his father has been lifted from his shoulder at last.

Admittedly, this episode is a bit of marking time before we go into the final stretch. But two of the major characters have fulfilled their lifelong goals. Before he leaves Sawyer, Locke hands him the tape that Juliet left for Ben in 'D.O.C.' and reveals his plans. However, he then sets off after the Others. He has no interest in schemes, and definitely doesn't want to be rescued. But he doesn't know just where this journey will take him.
    My score: 9
  • Sawyer and Locke connected

This is one of my favorite episodes because it's interesting to see how one man, Locke's father, can affect two men, Sawyer and Locke, so differently. And yet, in the end, they both need him to die.

This episode also introduces the idea that the survivors may in fact be dead, and that the island then must be some kind of afterlife/purgatory. I'm not too hip to this idea, but perhaps it's all just a lie. Back to Sawyer and Locke. It was really satisfying to see both men finally move on because we all really know they have much more greatness in them ready to be developed. This was a wonderful turning point in the series, and I'm looking forward to seeing how both men change.

Three seasons of character arc come to an end here, and the payoff was spectacular.

A final note, I usually see plot twists way ahead of time, but I never imagined that Sawyer and Locke's history could be so believably tied together.
  • ...

Finally Sawyer met the old man Sawyer, because of whom his dad killed his mum and after that himself. From one side it was quite shocking that this son of a b*tch was Lock's father. But from another side, not really. It's kinda interesting how all the passengers' lives are linked up. Everyone has a secret and these secrets cross each other. In fact I'm waiting for the moment when Jack will get to know that Claire is his step-sister. It'll be very, very exciting. Can't wait for it. Sometimes I hate all these things that didn't end in one episode, but it's the motive why I'm still watching it. It's quite interesting with what Sawyers and Kate's affair will end up.
  • Locke askes Sawyer for a favor.

I knew it! I knew that Locke's father was the con artest behind Sawyers parents death. I was wondering when they were going to figure it out. I really liked the flashbacks for this episode. To see what it was for Locke while he was with the Others. I can not believe that he tricked Sawyer into going with him to the Black Rock. I can not believe that Niaomi told them that they found the plane and that their was no survivors. I want to know how they pulled that one together how are they going to get the plane in another location and in one piece.
  • This episode was fantastic!

This episode was awesome mostly for revealing one of the biggest LOST cross overs to date. And secondly for getting back to Locke. This episode was well written, well acted and was defiantly one of the best of this season. The LOST writing team continue to keep me at the edge of my seat, and I know I just cant wait for the next episode "The Man Behind The Curtain". From what I've heard about it were going to be getting some good answers and conclusions about Ben's childhood and life on the island. Great work LOST writers your going great.
  • I am so glad that bastard died!

Awesome episode!! If I was Locke I would of killed Anothney easy! He pushed Locke out a window for god sake! It is true that he is the real Sawyer and I am so glad Sawyer(James) strangled him. Everyone is saying how some of the Others want Ben dead and some thought Richard because he did give Locke that file and told him he should get someone else to kill Anothney but if I was Locke I could kill perfectly. So I bet Jack is in with the Juilet plan because they had a sercret(both of them)! And in a future episode it says something about Jack getting away with the others for good.
< 1 2 3 4 5