Lost

The Brig

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 02, 2007 on ABC

• James 'Sawyer' Ford & John Locke join forces to wipe out the man who has destroyed both of their lives. This episode has everything from the real Tom Sawyer to the place where we lost good old Leslie Arzt. A brilliant episode

This episode, although losely based on Locke as we discovered what he was upto since he left Kate in Othersville, is about Sawyer.
    For three seasons we have seen what the real sawyer did to James Ford, turning him into a man who felt he had to distance himself from everybody, usually by being nasty.

In truth, this was what was interesting about Sawyer. Josh Halloway's character may be great fun, but it was when he was all mysterious and in many ways troubled by the man he has hunted all his life that he truly was one of the greatest characters on the island.

And so Locke appears back at camp, tricks Sawyer into following him, knowing (through the flashbacks) that he needs his good ol' dad to stop breathing if we wants to discover what the island is about. Although once again, leader of the others Ben is so mysterious you cant help but wonder if theres something else in his plans should Locke return.

We get to the Black Rock, the ship where the aforementioned Dr.Arzt demonstrated the true power of dynamite, and here we learn how Lockes good ol' dad, who appeared through the 'magic box' just so happens to be good ol' Tom Sawyer also.

I'll leave the rest to you watching it, but sparks fly. Elsewhere, Sawyer dicovers Juliets secret, and the Catch-22 group return with Naomi, and struggle to decide who to tell about her strange landing on 'Lost island.'

Season three is hotting up with only 3 episodes to go, and if theyre all this good, then we're in for a treat.