Lost

The Economist

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 14, 2008 on ABC

• did that just happen?

Wow! I'm in shock...the ending...wow...well, let's start at the beginning. Sayid, Miles, and Kate go try to get the female captive and Sayid negotiates her release. Therefore, he gets a spot of the helicopter, along with Desmond and the dead Naomi. Now the ending...WHAT! Sayid works for Ben in the future! He was working for him! WHAT! I'm shocked...Anyways, Sayid is my favorite character (and so is Desmond) it's interesting seeing his future. He's so interesting. I'm excited to see what happens next when he and Desmond go on the helicopter. Overall, great episode. This looks like it's going to be a great season.
  • More Garbage

1.2
    After 4 seasons on Fantasy Island and now the beginning of another crappy one, these people still can't act. The acting is so bad, I thought I was watching Three's Company except funnier. Why don't they put the ghost of Don Knotts on this show to upgrade the caliber of actors. Do I really care about Kate and her troubles with the law? Seasons 1, 2, and 3. We get it. She's a criminal with a big gap in her front teeth. The only character that's remotely interesting is the Iraqi and maybe Ben. And enough of the Korean chick. She's horrible and needs to go back to low budget Korean TV. This is American TV, where we tolerate bad acting but not this bad.
  • We've only had three and the flashforwards have already become mundane.

7.1
    This wasn't a bad episode, far from it, but Sayid's flashforward really annoyed me. First of all he's the kind of character who tends to get in tight spots, but with the revelation that he gets off the island we know now he's not gonna die. This'll remove the tension from any dangerous scenes he has from now on. Secondly I was hoping that the flashforwards would be used sparingly, only when there was a big piece of the larger picture in it. In fairness there was a pretty big reveal this week, but the fact that Sayid ended up working with Ben was obvious from when he had the line "The day I trust [Ben] is the day I sell my soul." The rest of Sayid's story felt like filler to be honest which was kind of reflected by the fact that there weren't really that many flashforward scenes.

Although the off-island story wasn't particularly good, the stuff on it thankfully was, for the most part. Hurley seemed to be questioning Locke's decisions, which made perfect sense as old John does seem to have gone a little bit off the deep end. Although that did mean that him tying up Hurley in a house was believable which allowed for a better reveal that it was a set-up. Also I loved Hurley's line "Awesome, the ship sent us another Sawyer," fantastic! There were some good lines all round really from the likes of Ben and Sawyer. Something that annoyed me about the episode was that it would appear that time on the island is not quite the same as that off it as the rocket that was sent to Daniel took an extra half hour to get to him. Of course I could be completely off and it just somehow got lost on the way (which I hope is the case). If I am completely wrong then I'd rather that they'd been clearer about what the time difference implied.

I've gotta say that like the start of season 3, I'm missing the beach again. Because of the very different split in the camp this time around I think there's only a couple of main characters who are at the beach, but I hope that despite everything they do get back to it before long. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a place that grounds the show at the moment because everyone's moving around is a bit unnerving for me. Of course that's probably preferable to the story not going anywhere, the fact things are actually taking shape for the overall storyline is certainly a great thing so far this season. Speaking of, our first two main characters have now made it off the island. Okay, so Desmond and Sayid are just on a helicopter at the moment but it's a start. Hopefully we'll get to see the freighter before too long, as well as who Ben's man on it is.

If the flashforwards do become as prevalent on the show as the flashbacks then I'm not sure I'm on board with them. It's probably just because Jack's was so fantastic last season that I'm expecting the same kind of excitement from each of them. Either way I still think that they should be kept to a minimum. That said the story on the island is moving forward at a brisk pace and is continuing to be exciting.
  • the big word ' nothing' welcome to the world of lost were u dont know what the hell is goin on...........

4.9
    this episode was welll... kinda borin and nothin happened it has been my least favourite this series as not much was revealed and it isn't worth watching again. the best episode so far before this one has been the priemre ' confirmed dead' hasnt been great either but atleast something happened! but the best part of this was the end was with sayid workin 4 ben i mean wtf? hopefully more will be revealed next time includin another member of oceanic 6 and a cliffhanger/ shocker at the end of the episode that is what i look most forward to now!!
  • I'm disapponted in this ep..

6.2
    Honest.. it did bring more new fresh details but this kind of pessimistic, actually boring way of story line isn't that good. People on the Island are lost and trying to find ways to be better or at least to be different than the've been before. And as i'd thought Sayid realsed that killing and torturing people is a wrong way and he was getting better in this understanding. But now we can only see him as a sick man who's doing thing that other people tell him.. no matter what kind of things they are.. where's the logic? it's just my IMHO
  • Not all that

6.7
    I thought the last episode was much better, this one moves a bit slow for me. The good part was when we saw Sayid's Future. but still we know nothing about Ben, the Others, the Island.. there are still so much questions left and they just keep creating new ones... I hope next one will be a bit better. i like the creepy stuff like in the previous episode, when they keep bringing in new plot-twists and other really weard situations, but this last episode was a bit less. and I really want to know more about the people on the boat, and Ben. this is my opinion, I'm going to keep watching, that's for sure.
  • The episode marks the End of "Lost" Part One!

In my opinion we saw "Lost" from day Zero and got fans of the story and the Two Main Questions were:

1- Will they ever going to get out of the island?

2- Wo will get out?

I know that we knew the answer to question 1 already, but this episode marks the 100% response mark to both questions.

We now know that 6 of them actually got out of the island and who they are: Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hugo, Ben and Sawyer.

So there it is, the questions are answered. Plot solved.

New stories came along and now everything can be written. Let's keep watching all the fun, and see How Will They Escape and Why The Other Survivors Don't!

So new questions are now written on the canvas:

1- Who are these freight people and what do they represent, and what's Penelope go to do with it?

2- What's with the Island stange occorrencies and every mistery that goes with it?

3- What will happen in the future's future :) Will Sayid get away with his job? Will Ben survive? Will Hugo stay in the hospice? Will Kate end up with Jack?
  • more stupid spoilfowards. the only good thing about it was seeing sayid's long luxurious hair. he must have been glad to use conditioner again once he left the island! ;)

6.3
    despite the spoilforard there were a bunch of good things in this episode: it's great to see little things like jack's face when he says "because sawyer won't let him" to kate when she asks how jack knows locke won't throw a knife in to her, as she goes with sayid to the others camp. i was tricked when hurley pretended to be left behind, so that was good. it's great to see locke be in charge finally. (of course he should have realized that with all those people around he wouldn't find jacob's cabin.) it was also great when kate asked sawyer how long they could play house & he goes "why don't we find out"? it was romantic really & showed how, now that he killed locke's dad, he can see a future for himself. unlike kate, he's finally ready for taco night. & more importantly, he realizes that back in america they are both criminals. sawyer was right when he asked kate why she wanted to leave the island. of course, he sounded like ben did when he was arguing with jack! lol. the trade for charlotte was great. they really did a good job of making miles unlikable. the problem with these spoilfowards is that they aren't helping at all & just ruining the island scenes. now we know that sayid is 1 of the 6. great. so much 4 putting him in danger now. of course, now it seems that the 6 will be returning to the island. so there's comfort in that. the twist ending & the bracelet that naomi & elsa wore just create new questions for the law&order fans who don't understand this show. i'm more concernced with the time difference on the clocks.
  • Sayid becomes Jason Bourne/007. Ben becomes even more of a mastermind.

I am biased because I can't stand the sniffling Jack, (or ever the loser Charlie). My favorite characters on the show are 1# Sayid, 2# Ben, and #3 Locke. Sayid always gets pushed to the back. I can't see how people thought this was an unoriginal eposide. We get a lot of clues to the future. Why do people not like the fastforwards? Why do people that want all the answers watch the show? The whole idea is for them to give you clues. Season 2 was a waste because none of the clues really led to a payoff. Last year was a wash because they have seemed to turn arc after that development, but it does seem that the "others" goals (Ben's goals) will be tied to the conclusion of the series. It reminded me of the movie Munich last night. Sayid had a list and he was tracking down people. No surprise they did the killings in East Berlin (a very 007 thing to do). It should be fun to see who Ben real is at some point. I just hope this all does not end up in Hurley's head. They have got this angle going again. Last night with the cabin disappearing from Locke and two weeks ago it had been blinked away by Hurley. Add that to the Dave eposide in season one and the Charlie cameo two weeks ago. We shall see, but right now I am enjoying Lost again.
  • Another overrated episode

7.3
    The main problem with this episode, for the most part, it's pretty static or at the most like a boat slowly blowing in the wind, there is alot of sitting around, eating up episode time, only a small portion of it was the good stuff.

Almost all of the flash forward is exceedingly boring, the plot twist at the end (I wont reveal it for you but I'm pretty sure people reviewing other episode will quite happily flash a spoiler in your face without permission) was almost obvious from the start of the final scene, however, it does hint to the future of lost, or what might become of them, which was interesting.

Pretty weak in comparison to the last two episodes, Naveen Andrews though, even around weak scenes, is terrific, it's a shame his centric episode only had a small portion of content to it and a cheap twist at the end.
  • Apparently, Sayid sold his soul.

After finishing this episode, most of us Lost fans definitely did think "What an amazing episode". But the truth is that, if the last 3 minutes were cut, we would've thought: "What a bad episode".

I'm not really a fan of rating episodes high just because they have a good ending but this is one of the few episodes where I feel I can do that.

First of all, the island portion of this episode was rather weak. Not so much dull, but predictable and quite honestly, nothing exciting. Season 4's island portion has started very strong with TBOTE, then fell a bit with CD, and now continues falling with "The Economist".

Sayid, Miles and Kate trekking to Locke's camp to get Charlotte wasn't too exciting to start with. And the idea of it wasn't too great either - at this point the last thing one would want to see is a trek on the island. The two scenes I enjoyed were Hurley acting as if he was betrayed by Locke(nicely played!) and Ben interacting with Sayid. Those were great, and really boosted the rating. But the rest?

Dan's experiement which proved that there's a time anomaly on the island would've been brilliant if it wasn't for the really awkward writing. Jack and Frank simply IGNORING Dan and what he just proved(while they were standing next to him) was very very unrealistic. Sawyer managed to get Kate to stay with him - not a good scene either. Very forced, I really felt no chemistry between them like I usually do.

The last set of island scenes were good though, Sayid leaving on the chopper with Desmond and Frank. Great music and fantastic directing.

Now as for the flashforwards: they were very decent. Opened with a nice surprise: Sayid is off the island and he kills a man - then turns out he is a hitman working for someone - then the Alias / James Bond-esque romance ( hook up with the enemy ), then the great twist that the "enemy" was aware of it all along, and then the mindblowing reveal who Sayid is working for.

It was a nice spy story told in only about 15 minutes. Surely, it's not something incredibly revolutionary, but the fact that Sayid is back to his roots was very nice to watch.

Oh, and the reveal; Sayid is working for Ben! He is off the island too! And obviously is NOT part of the Oceanic Six. Out of all the scenes / moments so far this season, this has been the most important thus far and easily this is the scene that created the most theories amongst the fans. An excellent twist that really shocked me; I was literally frozen for a few minutes after finishing the episode.

Overall, the flashforward's greatness and the amazing twist made me appreciate this episode alot more. The island plot rates a weak-ish 7/10, but the rest is a solid 9.5/10.

Averaging that we get a nice 8.3. Above average episode.
  • We are shown Sayid's grim future, but for some reason I still don't feel that sorry for him.

The writers of LOST must get so tied up in trying to remember which storyline was which that they forget to consider how they storyline would realistically happen in the real world. I'm not talking on the island things, but the flash forwards. Do they expect us to believe that no one in that hotel heard Sayid's gunshot? There were three shots fired in that room, but I guess all of the people around didn't hear it over the blenders that they were making margaritas in. I mean, come on. Someone would have heard the gunshot and gone to investigate, and then maybe they would have seen -gasp- a man with a gunshot hole in his arm, or the dead body left in his room! Other than that, the episode was alright. I loved the Hurley plotline where he set Sayid up, because I totally believed that he was left in the closet by Locke and that's why he was one of the Oceanic six. But I guess not. And the rescuers, except for Daniel and the pilot, are really annoying. Finish their storyline and get them off the island, please!

At least this season has started off a lot better than the last season, I'm kind of enjoying this one!
  • A Sayid-centric episode.

First off, let me start off by saying that I didn't like this episode as much as I usually enjoy Lost which is mainly because Sayid has never been one of my most favorite characters on Lost. This episode was definitely still extremely exciting though. I can't believe that Sayid is one of the Oceanic 6! I was really shocked by that. Another thing that I didn't really like about this episode was just Locke in general. He has always annoyed me a lot, and he has never been a character that I like very much either. In the end, I decided to give this episode the score of nine for revealing Sayid as one of the Oceanic 6 even though I didn't really love this episode that much.
  • i got confused at what happened to sayid in the flash forward.

this is sayid centric.

in this episode,first we saw sayid playing golf,and after someone talking to him,we knew that it is a flash forward episode.

sayid said that he was a survivor of oceanic 815 and suddenly he shot the guy!so,what sayid's real job?is he became an assassin or something like that?

and after that,we saw sayid has a new target,a girl named elsa.
    at first i felt so weird to saw sayid as a cassanova guy who just flirting with some girl. (probably because i love of what happened before when he's dating shannon)
    and then sayid learn that he must kill that woman.

and for the climax of the episode,we saw that it was ben who sent sayid to kill the people!!

okay,i was shock for a minute,but i'm sorry for everyone who love this episode,but i don't think this was the best sayid episode.
    this episode was okay for me!
  • Sayid: Naomi, were you close to her? Miles: Nope. Met her on the boat. Sayid: You don't seem particularly affected by her death. Miles: Sure I'm affected. She was hot and I dug her accent. Kate: Nice.

Locke's hostage may be the key to getting off the island, so Sayid and Kate go in search of their fellow castaway in an attempt to negotiate a peaceful deal. Lost season 4 is going strong, The Economist was a brilliant episode, probable Sayid's best centric episode yet, The ending was superb, I like that some people have left hope we see them on the island again, Dan was great in this episode hes is really funny and nervous and I'm also begining to like Frank he seems cool. I can't wait to see Eggtown, wonder what it is about. The Economist gets a 9.7 out of 10
  • Desmond and Sayid leaving the island on the helicopter, possibly my favourite LOST scene ever. Overall a superb episode with a shocker of an ending.

I'll start by discussing the events off the Island: Sayid's Flash Forward.
    The flash forwards were pretty dam good in my opinion, the first scene at the golf course has to be amongst Sayid's best scenes, when he shoots "Mr Avellino" and walks away and the sprinkler system comes on it feels like an exquisit and very artistic shot in the way it has been done.
    What Sayid says seems slightly chilling in this scene, in a way: Mr Avallino: What do you do for a living?
    Sayid: I do nothing.
    It kind of hits you at this moment that something isn't quite right and that theory proves correct moments later.

It was obvious that Sayid meant to meet up with Elsa in the coffee shop and the events following were a set up to gain information, I was even shocked by Sayid being double crossed by her, I did not see that coming when he got shot.
    The lurking question is who is The Economist she worked for? there are all sorts of theories circulating around the internet from Sun's dad to Charles Widmore, I wouldn't put it passed the writers if one of these was actually true.

The final revelation came in the closing moments when we found out that Ben not only got off the island, but that Sayid works for him!
    Ben utters some words that give us a taste of whats to come "remember what happened the last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun?" and "do you want to protect your friends or not?"

The on-island events were also incredibly revealing and interesting.
    We now have confirmation that some sort of time distortion exisits on the island in some shape or form, the exact nature of this im sure will be revealed at another time, maybe in Desmond's episode?

Sayid stumbled upon Ben's secret closet of joy! A room full of various suits, shirts and outfits and drawers full of different passports and currency!
    Surely this means Ben has been able to travel to and from the island for many years and with great ease it would seem.

Something else that a lot of people seem to have missed, probably because so much else happened is that clearly "Team Freighter" know exactly who Penelope Widmore is judging by their reactions when Desmond asked them, seeing as she knew nothing about the boat it makes me think again of her father...

The final on-island scene when Sayid and Desmond left the island was in one word "Beautiful", the music was sublime and the shots as the helipcopter took off and left and flew away from the island were tear-jerkingly good! Keeping in mind this is the first time we see people leave the island with real hope this time of finding rescue, the other times were the raft in season 1 and Michael's departure in season 2.

The fast paced season continues with events being propelled forward at a rate never expected by not even myself!
  • Some *SPOILERS*. The plot thickens. The best show so far this season.

What is amazing and unique to the "Lost" franchise is how they can reveal so much and in the end you end up with more questions than answers.

This "flash forward" episode was centered on Sayid. From the first scene we learn that Sayid is one of the "Oceanic 6". It gives us a look at Sayid from many different angles. It shows Sayid as a character full of contradictions. He is passionate and ruthless with his lover in Germany; he conceives and executes a plan to rescue Charlotte from Locke, but he still falls into Locke's trap. This episode made me question Sayid's core motivations. Is he good? Is he bad?

I really enjoyed the twist at the end. The storytellers are taking you one way. The clues seem to be telling you that "The Economist" who Sayid is hunting is Ben. But the end made me wonder, "IS Ben one of the good guys?"
  • Sayid,man o' the episode!!!

I just LOVE Sayid oriented episodes...In my opinion this is the most fascinating character in "Lost" TV show...This is mainly because he's life is full of adventured,from being a military in charge of torture in Iraq to a future Hitman...He's smart,having a lot of vision,but he's also prey to human weaknesses...He's not only a good executioner but also very intelligent.
    I find,season 4 of "Lost" as very interesting, because the story advances,and also some serious changes happen...From flashes of main characters past to their future...This means one of two things:Either it shows what really happen,or its only something that "may" happen.
    As a fan of "Alias" I can see "J.J. Abrams" involvement here,with all the unexpected turn of event.
    I think this is gonna be the best season,because with this break they had time to improve the scenario I'm sure,and make it more exciting.
  • A superb Sayid-centric episode.

Lately, I have been appreciating Sayid more and more, in seasons 1 and 2 and maybe even 3 his flashbacks weren't pulling it off for me, but this flash forward was pretty solid. Things are going slow on the island, they have traded off that blonde girl for Kate... the flash forward was amazing. The beggining was essential, the way the guy sounded so shocked and scared when Sayid said who he was, and then Sayid just shot him like that. And then he had the relationship with that girl, it's like one of those movies where the two assasians marry each other. But anyway, it seemed like Sayid sort of liked that girl, but still shot and killed her anyway. The ending was just... ugh! Huge plot mystery and cliffhanger. What is going on between Sayid and Ben now!?
  • A promising episode that fails to give a even a glimpse of an answer.

6.4
    So far season four is confusing me more so than ever before and with each episode I'm finding myself asking more and more questions.
    Spoilers Alert On the Island, Sayid takes it upon himself to gather more information regarding the 'rescuers' and their true intentions (clearly, he is unimpressed with Jacks decisions of late). We were told at the end of 'Confirmed Dead' that Naomi's group had come for Benjamin Linus. Miles seems rather ignorant of his task and failed to find out what the mission would entail, nor the reason for doing so. He instead explains that the money he was being paid was enough for him. Clearly a plot device to keep viewers further in the dark. Sayid makes a deal with Miles that he if he could retrieve one of their crew members (Charlotte), he would be given safe passage aboard their helicopter back to their boat off shore. Kate, ushered by Jack accompanies the pair and the group head out to the Barracks. Elsewhere on the Island, Locke's following seem frustrated by their leaders decisions and begin to question the need for their hostage (Charlotte.) Locke it seems is waiting for a sign, perhaps from Jacob, Walt or the smoke monster we don't know. Either way Locke escorts the group to the Barracks. Considering Lockes apparent connection with the Island and his previous communication with the mysterious Jacob, it seems strange Locke has been left in the dark. Again, we don't know why. As the episode continues, Sayid, Miles and Kate find a captured Hurley in one of the houses. Hurley claims Locke left him and has since lost the plot (no sh*t). Sayid, still suspicious, searches the house and discovers Ben's room. He finds several different passports all belonging to Ben. The camera focuses in on one of the passports. Could this be significant? Knowing Lost, probably but don't expect to find out anytime soon.
    Locke ambushes Sayid and Kate as it turns out Hurleys capture was a set up. A captured Kate is told by Sawyer she has no reason to want to leave. I find this is really out of character for Sawyer. He has been at the forefront at wanting to get off the island; he was even aboard the wooden raft Michael built back in season 1. This change of heart seems very contrived. Sayid reasons with Locke and an exchange is made for Charlotte (Sayid gives him our very own Ghostbuster Miles) not that anyone would want Miles who has proved to be a very irritating character. Back to the scene of the Helicopter. Jumpy Daniel appears to be doing some experiment with time. I have a feeling this could be relevant in the latter stages. Sayid then arrives with Charlotte and he along with a few others aboard the helicopter. In the flash forward we discover Sayid is fourth member of the famous Oceanic 6. Despite playing a relaxing game of golf, Sayid turns out to be an assassin (Ha ha), which I found very difficult to believe. Perhaps getting off the island wasn't a blessing after all. He is hired to kill 'the Economist' and dupes a fellow assassin, Elsa into helping him. We discover that Sayid is hired by none other than Benjamin Linus. Big surprise there. It seems that post- crash our survivors aren't doing so well, Hurleys back in the mental hospital, Jacks suicidal and Sayid back to his killing ways he vowed to put behind him. Maybe Locke was right after all? It seems Sayid must carry on working for Ben if he wants to protect his 'friends'. Does he mean the rest of the oceanic six? It seems, judging by the fellow golfers reaction they are something to be wary of. Back in 'the beginning of the end', Jack asked Hurley if he had told anyone. What exactly did the Oceanic six do and why were they the only survivors? What happened to everyone else? On the whole I'm finding season four very slow and is offering more confusing questions than the answers we are promised.
  • The island story is flat-out boring and it almost feels to be filling in until the shows the next flash-forward.

7.4
    I'm not sure how I feel about flashfowards. On one hand, if they are used correctly, they give insight into the life of future surviors and can be very emotional. On the other hand their's "The Econimist." This episode abuses the power of flashforwards, by having a island story that has little to do with the overall picture of Lost. It practically depends on the flashforwards to fill in the rest. The flahforward is well put together however, and the end scene is particuraly OMG! worthy, but the island story really didn't do it for me. Hopefully the producers can focus mre on the island story for the next episode.
  • The FF Stole the HighLights of this episode.

Plot Details/Objective -» Even with so few episodes for this season that will air, is funny that the writers continue to build the Island plot delaying the best material for later. The attack that the Island will suffer will only happens in episodes 7-9. This means that until there, the tension will be low, which some themes there were left incomplete in season 3, like Sun affair, more of Juliet past etc. This time was about buying time doing a exchange. Only Sayid Flash Forward´s bring news and some are shocking.

What I Like/Disliked -» Sayid Flash Forward´s Scenes. Didn´t liked the Island scenes, not all, but they dragged and tried to buy time, when they could just take off.

Overall:

Presentation -» (9/10). Shocking, will catch you by surprise.

Complication Phase -»(5/10). This time was more weaker, was all about a exchange, so there is no a spectacular complication, just a conversation and a Exchange occurs. Sayid mission in the Flash Forward´s seemed to be a simple one.

Climax -»(7/10). Strong, but just because of the climax provided by the Sayid flash Forward´s.

Cliffhanger/Ending -» (10/10). Sayid Flash Forward´s guaranteed a shocking ending, with a Hint too.

Flash-forward's -» (10/10). What made this episode interesting was Sayid Flash Forward´s, since the event of the Island wasn´t enough. There are 3 Surprises/shocks that will change your mind and make you love this.

Time and Scenes Management -» (6/10). The event in the Island is weak, only little interesting, but still, is weaker. So, I notice many scenes there just to slow the episode. There was a scene on the Flash Forward´s that was not necessary too.

Dialogues -» (7/10). Good enough to entertain you.
    Action /Adventure -» (5/10). Don´t Expect anything good and spectacular, very simple.

Drama/Emotions -» (6/10). If there was any type of that, only Sawyer and Kate reunion, which is old. Sayid and is girlfriend love emotions was nice to see, but nothing very sad here.

Suspense/Tension -» (6/10). Didn´t Notice where it was, but Sayid gunshot simple fight was not that bad.

Mystery/Curiosity/Doubts/Hints -» (7/10). Sayid Flash Forward´s did the job. The Island event not.

Surprise/Twists /Thoughts Changer -» (10/10). Sayid Flash Forward´s can trick you, almost guaranteed.

Lost continues to buy time, but this time you can notice more than ever. It is normal, since the best material is saved for later, when the rescue plot will reach is climax. Also, the writers are relying in the Flash forward´s that is why that they guarantee that you will be shocked with some 2 or 3 scenes.
  • Why does every episode of Lost give me about ten questions I need to be answered every single episode.

Sayid has flashforwards. He works for Ben now and he goes after certain people and kills them. His next target is a woman called Ilsa. She was tricking him for information and he was doing the same thing. Sayid falls inlove with Ilsa. When he tires to save her by getting her out of Berlin she shoots him but then he shoots her and she dies. What Sayid does in the future is very confusing. Why is he working for Ben ? Why is he killing those people ? Why do these people have a bracelet like Naomi wore when she was on the island ? Why did Ben ask Sayid if he wants to prtoect his friends ? So many questions. I liked Sayid's flashbacks. Very interesting !! Kate,Sayid and Miles search for Charlotte. They go to the the others's cabin. They find Hugo tied up. They untie Hugo and it turns out Hugo was tricking them when Locke enters and points a gun at Sayid. Sayid is put as a prisoner with Ben. Kate is help captive by Saywer. Sayid makes a deal with Locke. Sayid gives Locke Miles and he gets Charlotte. Charlotte is back to the crew and Frank,Desomond and Sayid are off the island. Also in this episode Dan discovers that there is a time difference between the island and the world. I didn't give this episode a nine or higher because it lacked excitement, it lacked action and it didn't have Sun,Jin,Alex and Karl and even though Claire was in it they didn't even act as if she was part of the cast. Claire really needs more screen time. Favoite character from this episode : Sayid !!! He just keeps getting more mysterious. Best looking character from this episode : Sayid !!! What my friends think of this episode : "Not bad " , " great " , "it was alright ". Can't wait to see the next episode !! Good stuff !!
  • I wasn't that impressed by this episode, but I still liked what I saw.

First are foremost, I really like the dramatic change in Sayid after leaving the island. Everyone seems to have gone through a radical change in character after becoming one of the Oceanic 6, and Sayid's story makes sense - retrogressing back to his warlike personality (then again, I guess on the island he wasn't the most peaceful person).

Ben is getting stranger and stranger. And that's great because I think he's a fascinating character.

I understand that it's the beginning of the season and we kinda gotta pick up pace a little bit, but I am just hoping it won't be completely story-driven. Even the flashbacks/forwards seem to be used for the sole purpose of creating complicating (if not interesting) storylines. Remember episodes like The 23rd Psalm, or ...And Found? These episodes didn't really add much to the story but were genuinely good ones because they were slower and great stories in themselves. I understand all the necessary characterization is mostly complete, but I would still like to see more episodes like those and hope season 4 has a few like that.
  • On the island, we get deeper into the action of the last two episodes and off the island, Sayid shows us a different side of him. An interesting an informative episode.

There is not that much happening on the island, except of an experiment Daniel is doing that is worth talking about in a reivew, but the dialog is interesting and we get more information about things that happened in the last two episodes.
    The Flash-Forward is far more interesting this time. Sayid seems to be an assassin in his life after the island. The flash-forward episodes are exactly what LOST needed at this point. With a few excetions, we know enough about the past of the survivors. But after the season finale of season 3, everyone wants to know who is getting off the island and what happened to them. The way the FFs are done is brilliant. They tease us, get us exicted about what will happen soon but don't give away too much.

If LOST keeps on building tension like this, we will get a big bang around Mid-Season. This might be the biggest year for LOST.
  • Very confusing...

There are flashfowards of Sayid. He is working for Ben. He gets attached to a woman, but he is using her to get to her boss. Both were tricking each other and he kills her.

Sayid wants to go to the ship. Frank will take him if he brings Charlotte back. He, Kate and Miles go to the barracks to find Locke's party. He makes a trade: Charlotte for Miles and Kate. Juliet brings Desmond up and he wants to go to the ship too. Frank takes him, Sayid, and Naomi's body. Daniel finds out that there is a time difference between the main world and the island.

This episode was really good! The flashfowards were confusing. I have no clue what is going on! Daniel is funny! This episode gets a 9.0 out of 10 from me!
  • A Sayid-centric episode that got me hooked.. for a change.

I never thought it would happen. An episode of Lost entirely focussed on Sayid, that kept my attention. In the past, I've felt quite bored during Sayid's interregator stories. But, with the added element of it being a flashforward, I really enjoyed this episode.

The plot thickens confirming that the fourth member of the Oceanic Six is Sayid. But giving that Ben is also off the island post-Season Four makes me wonder who else, who wasn't on Flight 815, is also off the island. Perhaps Desmond managed to get off, or Juliet. It's going to be very interesting to watch this, especially as we still don't yet know the circumstances under which they got off the island. I'd like to see an island flashforward (similar to 'The Other 48 Days', but in reverse) showing the Oceanic Six leaving the island. That'd be interesting.

It's difficult to truly review a show without entirely summising the rest of the season, or even the series. I thought that the storylines are very tight this season. There doesn't seem to be a lot of dilly-dallying that happened so much during Season Two. Things are happening at a much faster pace and I like that. So far I'm enjoying Season Four, much better than the start we had last season.

All that's left to say is that the acting remains top standard, and it's no wonder that Lost is currently the most popular show on TV.com. This episode only continued my love of the fresh dynamics of the flashforwards, the ever changing cast list, and my general love of Lost.

Long may it continue (until Season Six at least)...!!
  • Much better than previous episode, the "Oceanic 6" story moves along with Sayid's future (present day? It's still early 2005 in Lost-time I guess...) Some clever dialogues and twists and turns. This one will have you coming back for more.

A fine progressive episode. The flash forward for "double oh"- Jarrah; Sayid Jarrah; shows him to be survivor with a healthy settlement but also a debt to pay. The Locke group has some dissension but come together. Another of the Losties seems to start thinking that retirement to a secluded South Pacific isle may not be too bad after all. Can he convince the fugitive? More silly techno babble with the new guy Faraday doing an experiment of sorts - interesting long distance projectile delivery system there - how far away is the ship offshore again ? to get 3 to 6 foot accuracy! All in good fun.
  • Oceanic 6 - Jack, Kate, Hurley and now.....Sayid.

O.K. I will not even pretend NOT to be confused. This season is moving so fast, if you get up to use the bathroom you may have to start back at the beginning! Last week had flashbacks of the new players and this week had flash forwards of Sayid as a cold blooded assasin. I can tell it's confusing for other viewers as well. In one review I read someone thought Sayid knew Ben before because they thought the flash forward was a flash back. In another review, someone thinks Ben may have one of the six spots. But Ben can't have one of the six spots because they are the OCEANIC six. Ben wasn't on the plane. Ben, Juliet, Desmond weren't on Oceanic 815, so if they get off the island they wouldn't be part of the Oceanic 6. Also, it seems from the passports Sayid found and the photo the new people have, Ben must be coming and going from the island. He initially came as a child but the passports and the photo have him as an adult. What's the deal? I do not pretend to be an expert. I'm still wondering what happened to the rest of the Others. Did they ALL get killed off while I was in the bathroom???? I only see Ben, his daughter and her boyfriend. That's it, no more bathroom breaks for me!
  • Great episode with a big shocker.

Another look at the future on this episode. We learn that Sayid is one of the six survivors of the plane crash that makes it off the island.

Sayid is back to killing again. They hinted that something tragic happened to push him into the career choice. I freaked when I realized he was working for Ben who I see as sort of an anti-christ. I wonder what on earth would put Sayid on Ben's side.

Hugo betrayed Sayid and Kate. He lied to them about him being left behind. I wasn't sure Hugo was capable of such deceit. This is probably part of the reason Hugo regrets siding with Locke in the future.
< 1 2 3